Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Th

To me it seemed alot of his compassion was gone(except when it came to Marisol) I did see it in Collision with the young boy but, myself after watching him in FF & then watching S1-3, there was alot of H missing. To me the light went out of him when Yelina left, along with alot of the storylines. They never continued with the NY deal. Plus, I thought it was someone else other than his dad that killed his mother? I got that from ep in S1-3. Then all of a sudden in Collision it was dad that killed her. Then maybe again it had been his dad all along but, just wasn't brought out. I believe it was From the Grave . Can't remember now. I miss H in the lab but, I think it was DC that made that call. To me the writers left us with alot of confusion.

katpin31791
Oh absolutely, although even with Marisol I didn't see full compassion, perhaps because he originally wasn't going to be involved with her.
I think Yelina was a big part of his 'light going out', as you would say, along with what I discussed earlier. They had a connection that H only has with one other person (Eric) in that Yelina and Ray Jr. was the only family he had left, so they were held sacred in his eyes. These latest few episodes have shown an almost arrogant Horatio, in my opinion (this of course is open to interpretation). I haven't seen the typical reaction he has with his team.
I agree in that there was confusion on the part of the writers for not making clear at first who H's mother's killer was, although they were probably intending to wait until a later episode to reveal the killer's identity.
H in the lab was so...sexy. :)

u want a guy like H to be around u ...

Noo....i don't want a guy LIKE him, i want HIM. ;)

and this non stop dark suit make me crazy

Ah there are episodes where he wears lighter stuff...like here.

;)
This is actually my favourite picture of him. I've posted this like 5 times already.... :D But see, he's wearing a fantastic green dress shirt, a beige/tannish color suit, and the hand on the badge and the file in hand and the hair and the shades and the posture in walking and the little grin on his face.... *eyes glaze over* :rolleyes: It's just too perfect. ;)

Hunter
I love it!!!

This one was posted in the DuCaine thread, but not here I don't think. I loooove this one and his shy hint of a smile. Plus, his brilliant blue eyes are electrifying in this pic:

Heart!!!

see this Aerosol stuff is some kind of nightmare for me. everything was too rush and over to the top. she was 28 ages, have cancer, marry H for almost 1 week after meet him, she was Delko sis, and uhhhh absolute not H type woman ...so all of this facts make CSI Miami one soup opera for me. after this i can`t accept or like H motive for revenge sorry. if the Hobride #1 was real - beautiful, smart, have chemestry with him (like Rebecca or this one from S4 the judge) i can live with this.
I see what you're saying, and I guess I agree- H was better for her than she was for him. She needed someone who would be strong for her during a rough time and she found him in H, but she rushed it because she wanted someone before she died, I guess. She was still real sick. But H didn't get much out of i- maybe he married her out of pity, or becuase he feld bad for her, I don't know, maybe he did love her.
And I do see what you're saying- he has been different and a bit selfish lately but no one's perfect, and yes, I would like to know someone like him. He's a hero, and a damn good one at that, even with his flaws. So I do agree with you here, but you see what I mean when I say I would love to know him?
Thanks for the pics guys. Very nice. :D And yes, I see a change in H this season, while he's still missing his s1-2 self, he's better than last season. I read what you guys post and just nod. :D

Noo....i don't want a guy LIKE him, i want HIM.

ohhh boy, u just killing me here. the picture is more big then u think. ur too stick in some detail and don`t have any wish to make one more open view-judgement over H character and this tv show *sigh* this make me sad ... suppose the whole problem come from the fact that u don`t have see most of S1 and S2 or just coz don`t want to grow up ;)

Post by katpin31791 To me the light went out of him when Yelina left, along with alot of the storylines.

i have to agree with u. Yelina presence on Miami bring in a lot heartwarming moments and we see one very endearing, bashful, slightly vulnerable Horatio that i really miss from long long time. suppose we don`t see this H anymore coz only Yelina have such effect on him. my heart is alway melt when is see in Yelina nearness the wriggly, awkward school boy Horatio that is so very likeable ;)

Plus, his brilliant blue eyes are electrifying in this pic
No, they're electrifying in you icon EyeHeartH! :)

ohhh boy, u just killing me here. the picture is more big then u think. ur too stick in some detail and don`t have any wish to make one more open view-judgement over H character and this tv show *sigh* this make me sad ... suppose the whole problem come from the fact that u don`t have see most of S1 and S2 or just coz don`t want to grow up

Look, i know H has something of a negative side to him, and i know that. I'm just pointing out the positive. I've grown up fine (Do you know how old i am?) but maybe i'm just a teen at heart okay?

Yes i know what he was like in S1 and S2, i see that just fine. Sure he was an ass sometimes, but who wasn't? Sure he had the never-ending dark coloured Armani suits that annoyed pretty much everyone after a while. Sure he can be a bit repetitive. But who isn't? There. Is that an open-view judgement?

Hunter
Your icon is hysterical. I love it!!! :)

cainesugar said:
But H didn't get much out of i- maybe he married her out of pity, or becuase he feld bad for her, I don't know, maybe he did love her.

I wonder about that as well. I mentioned earlier that he didn't really want to have her make dinner for him, so that tells me he wasn't really interested in her. But then again, he has his ways of letting his emotions show, but this may have been no different from anyone else. I honestly don't believe that he was in love with her. Their moments at times were awkward (at least on his part). He had more ease talking to Yelina (who was almost a sister) than to his own wife!!! And even then, he would occasionally stutter his words and avoid eye contact like a lovestruck teenage boy.

see this Aerosol stuff is some kind of nightmare for me. everything was too rush and over to the top. she was 28 ages, have cancer, marry H for almost 1 week after meet him, she was Delko sis, and uhhhh absolute not H type woman ...so all of this facts make CSI Miami one soup opera for me. after this i can`t accept or like H motive for revenge sorry. if the Hobride #1 was real - beautiful, smart, have chemestry with him (like Rebecca or this one from S4 the judge) i can live with this.

*big smile* :D I couldn't agree more!!

Hunter
Your icon is hysterical. I love it!!!

Thanks. :) I laughed my ass off at it too. :lol:

A lot of interesting entries were posted here.
I hope it's not too late to add my thoughts. ;)

There were also some moments in Season 4 which left me irritated.
For example, in 'From the Grave' as the police officer was shot in the beginning he also reacted a little bit cold IMO.
I also didn't like his answer to Eric 'everyone has problems'. Maybe he was stressed because one of his team got hurt, but it wasn't really Eric's fault. If you blame Eric, you could also blame Ryan for not being careful.

I also think Horatio changed since Yelina and Ray jr left and maybe he felt betrayed by his brother for lying to him.

But as already mentioned there were also scenes in Season 4 where Horatio was there for team, like the one in 'Driven' where he helped Ryan.

I hope that Yelina will come back and the 'Real Horatio' will return.
I'm sure she would have smacked him for some of his actions. :lol:

Like I said everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Some of us enjoy watching Miami and H for his character others just wanna go for the eye-candy part of him and just oogle without thinking too much into the character or show. Others just like shouting out his good qualities and not talk about his flaws.
I tend to do all of the above depending on my mood. So we shouldn't be getting too personal here. ;) But that's just my opinion.

We're all posting here cos we all have strong opinions about H.

EyeHeartH I really don't believe he was in love with Marisol either. She liked totally forced herself on him and he seemed to be too nice and obliging. Yuck. But to be fair to H I think in his mind he believed Yelina was happy in Rio with Raymond Sr (and hence unattainable) so he had to try get over her.

Hrockz
Yeah I agree...he was probably trying to get his mind off of Yelina by taking on her offer of dinner and eventually marriage.
What I like most about H is that he is completely selfless. He never thinks of himself and tries to make other people's lives better. Like in '10/7', he could have easily run off with Yelina to Brazil, but he knew she would be happy knowing that Raymond were still alive, and since that fact was true, he decided that she should go with Raymond because he knew it would make her happy (although I'm sure she would have been happy going with H as well). I'm guessing he married Marisol because he knew it would make her happy. But I seriously doubt he had deep feelings of affection for her. It doesn't seem like he did.

Oh I love the discussion going on in here. It took me a long while to read them all. I really enjoyed all the comments.

I remember in one eppy (don't remember which one) in one of the earlier seasons in which Yelina and Horatio were discussing something about them dating first then she ended up marrying his brother Raymond. I never understood why she went from Horatio to Raymond. I don't remember the explanation anyway. In a way I can kind of relate. My brother in law married my sister but we use to be very very close. I went into the Navy and couple of years later he marries my sister. I know after all these years he is better suited for her but a small, very small part of me use to wonder. I understand Horatio in that reguard. In their situation it would of been better if she married Horatio instead of Raymond considering how things turned out for them.

The Good Rebecca

Rebecca_V
The episode you're referring to is 'Blood Brothers' from S2. That scene does make me wonder whether something did happen between H and Yelina before Yelina got with Raymond. I think that it was complicated between them but, knowing how H can get all shy around Yelina, he may have not acted in time and perhaps Yelina thought he just wanted to be friends so she went to Raymond.
I have a story somewhat similar to yours, Rebecca. My sister was asked out by this guy that I had a thing for when we were in high school (which seemed like ages ago), and I too used to wonder sometimes what it would have been like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back