Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Th

....OR you can just give us all the link to spare us the time? (Sorry, i'm just kinda lazy to do it, i'm really busy right now so....yeah....)

^^^What's the poll? Who you like better?

Well, I bet DC is nice and all, but look at Horatio- I would do ANYTHING to know him. I wish he was my uncle or father or something. I mean, he's a hero, he's a role model, he's great with guns, he's handsome, he's caring and compassionate and sweet and AMAZING with kids and...ahhh I could go on FOREVER. I dream of H being my father. Really. :lol:

I've seen him shirtless. But I'll find it anyways. :devil: Thanks.

^^^What's the poll? Who you like better?

Duh. :lol: JK.

Well, I bet DC is nice and all, but look at Horatio- I would do ANYTHING to know him. I wish he was my uncle or father or something. I mean, he's a hero, he's a role model, he's great with guns, he's handsome, he's caring and compassionate and sweet and AMAZING with kids and...ahhh I could go on FOREVER. I dream of H being my father. Really.

And he's a great kisser. ;) *silence* Don't ask me, i just know.

cainesuger said:
I dream of H being my father. Really.

I dream of H too...but it's definately not of him being my father :lol:

Horatio Caine is like the most perfect human being, I don't think a real Horatio could really exist. No one is that caring, compassionate and just all around wonderful...not to mention handsome as hell.

csi_pinoy said:
on a seperate subject just wanted u ppl to know that theres this thing on youtube where DC takes his shirt off... just to let ppl know... i know at least one of u ppl would wanna see it lol

'Kiss of Death' was an awesome movie despite its poor box office showings. I've seen a few movies David's been in, and he's been excellent in all of them, especially 'Jade' and 'King of New York' (Dennis Gilley, the character he plays in 'King of New York', is one of my favourite good-guys-gone-bad). People like to talk about how he's so over-dramatic and Shatner-esque (I happen to disagree with this), but if they were to watch a movie he's in, their minds would surely change.
Look at this little ditty I found. I didn't know he was in a TV movie with Marg Helgenberger (Catherine on CSI: Vegas). Kind of interesting that two future CSI stars (at the time, for it was made in 1997) would be in the same TV movie and were probably completely oblivious to what lay ahead for them:

Gold Coast TV Movie

Regarding the teacher thing, that is false. He never went to college and thus could not obtain a teaching certificate. I think you're thinking of the Jim Carrey interview where he was imitating H and saying that he was a teacher...that was just Jim coming up with humourous material. He only said that he was a teacher just to do the 'I before E...except after C.'

ilh214 said:
cainesuger said:
I dream of H being my father. Really.

I dream of H too...but it's definately not of him being my father :lol:

Horatio Caine is like the most perfect human being, I don't think a real Horatio could really exist. No one is that caring, compassionate and just all around wonderful...not to mention handsome as hell.

I agree with you. I dream of H too... and its not in the fatherly way. :lol:

But... there IS a guy out there like Horatio. Believe it or not. And I know him. Went out on a date with him, and am desperately trying to get with him. I'm such a chicken though. I don't have the guts now that I had when I was in high school, and that's sad. Granted, he looks nothing like Horatio. BUT... he has Horatio's brother's name... :cool:

Regarding the teacher thing, that is false. He never went to college and thus could not obtain a teaching certificate. I think you're thinking of the Jim Carrey interview where he was imitating H and saying that he was a teacher...that was just Jim coming up with humourous material. He only said that he was a teacher just to do the 'I before E...except after C.'

*shrugs* Just let us be in our blissful daydreaming... :lol: Anyways, i think we've all convinced ourselves that he was an English teacher. :lol:

Horatio Caine is like the most perfect human being
I disagree. I don't regard Horatio as being perfect. DC himself has admitted that H is far from perfect. He has his flaws like we all have. In the first 3 seasons, I really admired him, but didn't hero-worship him. I like the fact that he can be oh so very human at times. He's emotionally repressed for one thing, which makes it difficult for him to ever find real happiness.
I don't think a real Horatio could really exist. No one is that caring, compassionate and just all around wonderful...not to mention handsome as hell.
As Laci said, there are men like that out there. ;) You just have to be patient and be blessed with a bit of good fortune. Life can be full of nice surprises. :D

I disagree. I don't regard Horatio as being perfect. DC himself has admitted that H is far from perfect. He has his flaws like we all have. In the first 3 seasons, I really admired him, but didn't hero-worship him. I like that fact that he can be oh so very human at times. He's emotionally repressed for one thing, which makes it difficult for him to ever find real happiness.

i`m with u here ;) i just don`t see H as perfect. since when H has dwelt on self pity, it actually irritated me no end! *sigh* Miami needs it's substance. i still think the show's real quality went out of the window when writer/producer Steve Maeda left.

as my dear Lucy has say long time ago here i'll post again one of her great posts with main reasons why i too think that H is far way from perfection ...thanks in advace for permission to do this ;)

The 'Real Horatio' probably means different things to different people. For me, I have always admired H for his intensity, compassion and determination. Those chracteristics have never really gone anywhere, but in Season 4, he seemed to become lacklustre and detached. He was already becoming detached from his team in Season 3, but this was compounded all the more in Season 4.

Also, the H I admire the most always had his family close by. His interaction with Yelina, Ray Jnr and Madison highlighted his human, slightly vulnerable side. Interestingly, the non-Horatio fans admit to liking him more when his family are around for this very reason. This side to his character is heartwarming and genuinely touching ie. not contrived.

These characters were taken away from H in Season 4, and this took alot away from his character and emotionally, he seemed like a closed book. The writers tried to heap an angsty past upon him, but that just became over the top and rather unbelievable. He already had an interesting past before they decided to mess with it. I didn't really see the point of it - at least, it didn't work for me.

Also, the 'Real H' spent more time in the Lab! He is hardly ever there anymore and that is a shame. I get rather tired of him chasing suspects and interrogating people.

Interesting discussion about H here. I think H's not the perfect human being, but I can imagine him being the almost perfect guy a girl would want. I think he's emotionally repressed but for a good reason. If you had such an angsty past like that you'd be too I guess.

The qualities I admire about him are like what Pusher said, his compassion and determination. But I also like that he has a cool, detached almost aloof aura about him. Maybe I'm just atracted to that kind of guy. I'm just into cool guys, and those that look good in suits. :p He's the kinda guy you'd want in your corner cos once he's there he'll hardly ever let you down if humanly possible. But I must admit I like the vulnerable side of him too. Makes him more human. I think I sound like I'm contradicting myself.

In conclusion I like everything about H :lol:

Pusher, you are very welcome re dragging up one of my old posts! ;)

It is definitely his sense of loyalty, determination and compassion that I admire the most. I also love his sarcastic humour and his no nonsense attitude when dealing with the bad guys. The coolness I can give or take really. At times, he has become too much of a parody of himself, which wears thin on me in a 'style over substance' sense.
Hrockz said: I think he's emotionally repressed but for a good reason. If you had such an angsty past like that you'd be too I guess.
Undoubtedly so. I was thinking of an example of why he isn't 'perfect' and that one came to mind. :)

thanks again Lucy for ur understanding, i just love to read such great posts (seldom see these days) and they need to be post/quote again and again hehe ;)

and talking for 'perfect' tv show character, ok S 1-3 Horatio was this kind of hero for me. but when TPTB put to much angst in his character this make me go way from him. i agree with u Hrockz that this 'drama/angst' type character too attract me (like dr. House), but in S 4-5 for me H is more like a joke with his original character. i love in the 'old' season that we have good mix/balance between his work and personal life. he have family, take care for them (and for the victims too), unite or defend his team, solve crimes and have real enemys. with this quality i can try make connection with real peoples or real life situation. now we have one 'closed' H, i have feeling that he run way form everyone in meaning don`t let the rest come near him, understand through what he is going. even some epis in S5 when he show little care for some member of his team, still in my eyes H stay fake. for me hi only try to play super H robocop and i don`t think that this is the one you'd want in your corner ;) so after H have become so selfish and ridiculous for my regret i can only laugh at him and CSI Miami.

I'm not exactly sure he became selfish from s4 onwards. I don't remember a time when he acted for himself, for his family yes. And in family I mean Marisol. Well that storyarc was a joke itself... but I shan't go there.

If he took revenge I think it was forgivable, I mean who wouldn't? I mean those guys took his wife and brother so if I was him I'd get real mad. I mean it was boring to always see him so in control of himself and hold back on punching the bad guy. I liked it when he lost it and grabbed the guy who insulted Ray Sr I can't remember which episode in was. In s2 or s3 I think. And when he punched Walter in 'Under Suspicion'. I was always curious as to what would make H lose it completely and go over the edge. I must say he hasn't done so yet thus far.

But I must agree that the old H with his real family around (I mean Yelina and Ray Jr) made him display all his more attractive qualities. I liked seeing his softer side (evident with Yelina, with Marisol it looked so forced), much as I like the tough guy with guns blazing too.

^ first hope u don`t have forgot ours rule, we did agree to disagree ;)

see this Aerosol stuff is some kind of nightmare for me. everything was too rush and over to the top. she was 28 ages, have cancer, marry H for almost 1 week after meet him, she was Delko sis, and uhhhh absolute not H type woman ...so all of this facts make CSI Miami one soup opera for me. after this i can`t accept or like H motive for revenge sorry. if the Hobride #1 was real - beautiful, smart, have chemestry with him (like Rebecca or this one from S4 the judge) i can live with this.

i also love when i see action and angry H, but if only hi have sensible reason to lose his nervous (S 1-3 ). yep this make him more human and real like u say. but i think that his bro (dirty cop) past was enough to know why H is so concerned and understand to the rest. not in last place this make him more mystery and interesting like characters. but this New York story line is too much then i can take. i just don`t think if someone is good person, this always have to mean that he/she have 'difficult' childhood.

I agree, they could have kept his NY storyline and his childhood out of it. One of the things that drew me to Horatio was the mystery behind him. The fact that we didn't know everything about him was appealing and it set forth a mystery for all of his motives in everything he did. Yes, he was heroic and we loved him for this in the earlier seasons but when we recieved a deeper back story and all of the un-needed drama, it became a little contrived.

Personally, I think season five has been much better than season four, concerning Horatio. In the latest episode it did seem like he was about to pull another Marisol with that hooker, but we have to remember his line in which he said "It's the only thing I know how to do." I think a little bit of the Real Horatio shone in that moment and I didn't feel that it was contrived at all. Others may disagree, but that's my point of view. Everyone sees the scenes differently. :)

Hrockz said
If he took revenge I think it was forgivable, I mean who wouldn't? I mean those guys took his wife and brother so if I was him I'd get real mad. I mean it was boring to always see him so in control of himself and hold back on punching the bad guy

I agree with you here. It's human nature to get angry and upset when everything has been ripped away from you. I highly doubt Horatio would have stayed calm. -- Even when we saw in 'Witness to Murder', he was a little angry when he found out 'Colton' had essentially murdered Eugene. We could see his frustration and anger, so we know it's there.

This isn't quite the same situation, it's more or less his anger to the extreme. But I do understand why he did it and I felt sympathetic to his cause. However, I also felt that it was a little over the top. If my family was murdered, there is no way I'm going to fly all the way across the world to catch them. But this is Horatio. He has been put up on a silver pedestal with his heroic characteristics. It seems natural (to me) for him to act like this. (Although I did not like him shoving a gang member in the trunk of a car. That was idiotic in my opinion) Again, some may not agree but I think he has something inside of him that could allow him to react this way concerning the people he loved. (Ie: He did push a guy into a car after Speed died, smacked the cup out of Bob when he found out he 'killed' Ray so yes he does get angry. He's human.)

And like Pusher stated, the Ray storyline was really enough. We didn't need all of this hooplah afterwards which added onto the fire and eventually exploded into the crap called season four and the beginning of season five. (I don't think things are too bad yet, but we'll see)

I also think we've been a little hard on Horatio. Last week I stopped analysing and thinking too much about his character and just watched the episode to see the episode. I was seeing a little more of the Real Horatio in spurts though others may not see it and that's fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back