Horatio/DC #11: Where Have All His Labcoats Gone? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Horatio/DC's Thread #11

i'm still trying to pretend that horatio marisol thing never happened ... about the having-cancer-but-looking-incredible-thing i agree with you katpin ...

sienna said:
i'm still trying to pretend that horatio marisol thing never happened ... about the having-cancer-but-looking-incredible-thing i agree with you katpin ...

I totally agree with you. I'm trying to act as if it didn't happen either. But I know that it did, sort of... so I don't know. I'm confused on the issue. :lol: (Of me trying to convince myself it didn't happen. Heck, maybe it didn't)

I'm for the 'it didn't happen' approach! I have a very selective memory. :D

I'm trying to forget as well, that this terrible storyline happened and H was the centre of it all, in which Delko should have been because that would have made more sense, but I could go on about it for hours. ;)

I suppose there is a life lesson in all of this. Season four taught us to appreciate the earlier seasons for what they were. :lol:

Lucy, I admire you and your selective memory. :D We should follow your example and 'selectively' forget season four. :p

I suppose there is a life lesson in all of this. Season four taught us to appreciate the earlier seasons for what they were. :lol:
It certainly did Geni. :)
Lucy, I admire you and your selective memory. :D We should follow your example and 'selectively' forget season four. :p
:lol: We could start a 'Season Four Denial Club'. I think membership would be popular! ;)

We were just discussing how the plotline involving Marisol and Horatio, has made most of us lose our confidence in the writing, and has soiled most of season four so we appreciate the earlier seasons more than we did. :)

Most of us prefer to forget season four, as the Real Horatio disappeared and has yet to return to us. ;)

I still hold hope that the real Horatio will return in season 5. The last eppy I saw little snipits of the ole Horatio and was happy. I still think his voice sounds different. Like he is purposly talking lower than his normal voice. I hope by him doing that he is not ruining his natural voice.

The Good Rebecca

Oh okay. Now i can jump in.. He he :)
I didn't like the H and Marisol thing either. It was kinda dumb. They didn't even know each other that long and they get married. WTF! I've been watching the older eppys on A & E and It's helped a lot. There are things i understand now that i didn't before. I started watching Miami towards the end of season 3, Game Over was the first eppy i watched and then i was hooked. :lol:

Okay this is kinda a dumb question but when you guys say the "real Horatio" what do you guys mean?? Just wondering.

The 'Real Horatio' probably means different things to different people. For me, I have always admired H for his intensity, compassion and determination. Those chracteristics have never really gone anywhere, but in Season 4, he seemed to become lacklustre and detached. He was already becoming detached from his team in Season 3, but this was compounded all the more in Season 4.

His compassion for his team also went slightly AWOL in Season 4, especially towards Eric. For example, in 'Nailed', Eric tried to explain why he was late getting to the crime scene, and H abruptly dismissed this - it was very out of character. A similar situation occured in 'Driven', where H insisted that he goes to see Marisol in hospital and denied Eric permission to do so. She's his sister and he really should have let him go, regardless of the case situation. H could have worked the crime scene for a change and let Eric go. Again, that didn't sit right with me.

Also, the H I admire the most always had his family close by. His interaction with Yelina, Ray Jnr and Madison highlighted his human, slightly vulnerable side. Interestingly, the non-Horatio fans admit to liking him more when his family are around for this very reason. This side to his character is heartwarming and genuinely touching ie. not contrived.

These characters were taken away from H in Season 4, and this took alot away from his character and emotionally, he seemed like a closed book. The writers tried to heap an angsty past upon him, but that just became over the top and rather unbelievable. He already had an interesting past before they decided to mess with it. I didn't really see the point of it - at least, it didn't work for me.

Also, the 'Real H' spent more time in the Lab! He is hardly ever there anymore and that is a shame. I get rather tired of him chasing suspects and interrogating people.

^ What she said. :D

I know that the 'Real Horatio' to me, means a lot of the points mentioned and more-so the fact that he's not in the lab anymore.

I mean, his character was intended to be a 'Bomb Unit turned CSI', and it always seemed to me that he was the 'Trace' guy, apart from Speed. (Since he always analyzed Trace evidence) Oh if only he'd do that again.

EDIT: Gosh I keep finding more to add to my posts. This must be very confusing. I swear this doesn't happen very often, I'm just full of ideas today. :lol:

Anyway, I've noticed as mentioned previously that H's voice has changed. I'm not sure if that was intended, or if David simply doesn't want to take Horatio in the same direction anymore, but there seemes to be a different tone to his voice. What happened to 'every word is a sentence'? I loved that! :lol:

Wow, another thread... I'm soooo happy. Sorry I missed it when it opened at first but I've been a little busy, and I just came back from holiday yesterday. Anyway, Great pics everyone, I really loved the bumble bee in mouth pic.:D

Here is a few of my little girfts for you to enjoy:

Happy H

I love a man that walks over to me with latex gloves on and a flight case!

Mr. COOL

What's that Burnie? The Heat are the NBA Champs! Wow!

Thanks to csimiamionline.com for the last 2 pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back