Horatio & Alexx-Two Peas in a Pod

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by vegaslights, May 11, 2005.

1. ladycaruso

ladycaruso Witness

I like those scenes, too. Lots of people come in to watch her for one reason or another, but there's something more there when Horatio does it.

2. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

SPOILER

I really don't want Alexx to get divorced. What ever happened to the happily married couple? It is so cliché to let her divorce, just to make her a more interesting character. There are so many other possibilities.

3. Palm

Palm Coroner

Well, there are many reasons people get divorced. But even if she does (but I hope she doesn't), maybe Horatio will be there to back her up, as always. Help her through it.

4. midnightsun

midnightsun Coroner

Alexx is one of the more underdeveloped characters in this series. I think H's glasses have more screen time than she does. But her getting a
    S
    P
    o
    i
    L
    e
    R
    divorce is just one of those cheap plot devices that some uncreative ppl use to further their franchise :rolleyes: Sad but true. IE Warrick's marriage.

e
    N
    D

S
    P
    oiLer

I feel sorry for Khandi who really does shine when she's given those moments... Like the small lil scene where she had to talk to her kids about dangerous ppl, COME ON that was wonderfully played...

5. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

I'm new to this side of the forum, but I have to say that I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who saw that in Slow Burn. This definetly gives me something to think about and more stories to write. Thanks goes out to the person who started this thread!

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

****SPOILER****
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `

`
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `````
    `
    `
    `

`
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    `
    Okay..why is she getting divorced? I mean, we've never even seen her family besides her kids. (Broken) But it wouldn't make sense for the writers so just slip in 'Well, we haven't given her a story for a while. Wait, she's married. Let's ruin that too and make another unhappy character.' And this is where Horatio comes to the rescue to make it all better :D

7. midnightsun

midnightsun Coroner

As he dramatically puts his glasses on his face and places his hands on his hips, off he goes to save the day. :cool:

8. Palm

Palm Coroner

:lol: Yeah, poor Alexx. But I do love it when she does get her own little story. Like, in Addiction, where she got to do more than stand in the coroner's office. I really enjoyed that. She has such emotion for things she believes in.

But still. I was just thinking last night about when Alexx asked Horatio if her talking to the bodies bothered him and he said no. That actually is a really sweet moment between those two.

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I have to say, when H called her 'sweetheart' in 'Slow Burn', that was a really lovely, memorable moment.

I too was surprised that he didn't give her a hug in 'NTL'. :(

There's definitely a connection between the two of them. They show alot of concern for each other. I've always really liked that as it's genuinely touching. :)

10. Palm

Palm Coroner

Aah, I forgot about that.More proof that he does care! So there's a few episodes with them that contain more than just coroner banter :D

11. Dingbat

Dingbat CSI Level One

YUMMY!!!

Anyone read any fics of them?

12. ladycaruso

ladycaruso Witness

I agree, midnightsun! I thought that scene at the end of "Broken" was excellently done. I REALLY loved her in "Nothing to Lose". I thought she did a fantastic job, and all of her fear, concern for her family, and concern for the other people involved just really moved me.

I know it's kind of hard to give her a lot of screen time, since she IS the M.E., and she has to do her job, but I wish they would show more of her all the same.

BTW, does anyone know if there's an Alexx/Khandi thread on the board?

13. Palm

Palm Coroner

Ah, I think there is one running in the CSI Miami forum. It's probably a few pages in.

But I really think they should give her more. I mean, she's just too sweet, and she is part of the team. Without Alexx, well, all would be lost! Same with Horatio! The two that the team needs the most I think should be together :D

14. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

There's an Alexx thread on the Miami Forum here. :)

15. midnightsun

midnightsun Coroner

Alexx is one of the anchors of this show. She gives exposition, support, and heart really to an otherwise flashy-bang-bang-shoot-'em-up kinda show this has turned into. So there you have it H = soul. Alexx = <3. What more can you ask for? For instance when Hagen killed himself she was the one who asked for Eric to talk to Cal. She's like mother hen but not overbearing.

I do think that H's role needs to be taken down a bit and the Alexx character can do that. He talks in more hushed tones around her which allows HER to shine a bit more. She connects the dots for the team just by doing her job, as opposed to the way Doc Robbins does in Vegas, where his typical line is: "That's your job to find out." Alexx is more like: "Well, how do you know it isn't this or that." She helps the team and H to see the bigger picture.