Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brassy, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riddick

riddick Rookie

yeah, I knew we had to expect this absence during the Sara Sidle Back to Town show.....and I know this could even be a positive thing because it means that Wally and Liz have been preparing for new experiences for their caharacters...It's just, I needed to share my dissatisfaction with some fellow fans LOL
    I'll give a chance to the ep because Paul Millander's son is there, and the glorious Millander's Arch belongs to the "classic age" of CSI...Plus, there's this new serial killer, 'though I doubt he might be as great as Nathalie Davies...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

LOL, I totally understand, cause us H/W fans have gotta stick together...through thick and thin. But like you said, consider it a positive thing... prepping for future storylines etc for the pair. I'd be able to handle that.

Now I am curious on the possibilities of this seasons labrat episode. What could they possibly come up with this year to up last seasons?

3. riddick

riddick Rookie

I think the further the tradition of the annual labrat ep goes the riskier it gets....Everybody now expects something super brilliant and funny as hell....A Space Oddity was an ep who divided the audience, some adore it some think it's the worst CSI ep ever...
    I think the most obvious thing to happen would be the Wedges to be realized in the Labrats episode but it would be even TOO obvious....
    If H&W have actually more space this season I would like to see more of the other three rats for a change, Mandy is brilliantly snarky, Archie is cute and cool and Henry is boyish and sweet...
    I'd like a change of scenario for the rats....Some situation in the sunlight where all of them are more or less fishesd out of water...That would be interesting to see...For one episode labtechs and CSIs might reverse their roles...Who knows who would do the best/worst damages...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  4. DJRideout

True true. There were two elements of 'A Space Oddity' that contributed to the division of the audience. 1, some, if not a lot are not all that familiar with Sci-fi or enjoy it like others. And 2, it did push the relationship between Hodges and Wendy a little to far. Those who enjoy the pairing, had no trouble with it, but those who don't..well, you know where that went and it was vocally pointed out.

But I do agree that the writers should stick with the lab techs as a whole. Now I am not going to deny the fact that the more of Hodges the better for me, but if there is going to be a lab rats episode....include them all. I enjoy that they are from Hodges point of view, but include them all...equally. I love Mandy and how she gets along with both Wendy and Hodges. How Archie says it like it is...and poor Henry who got the unfortunate luck of always being stuck in the middle of a moment between H/W. :lol:

lol, I like the role reversal idea between the csi's and the labtechs. It would definietly be interesting to see. Though I doubt it would never happen...even in tvland

5. riddick

riddick Rookie

I just saw the promo of the next episode...

Hodges is in it! Just a quick glimpse of him talking with Nick, so it seems....The ep looks pretty entertaining. There's no hint of Sara

Before Sidle fans bash me: the last two remarks are not logically connected.

Edit: If you write " space oddity deleted scene" on the Tube you can watch the alternate version of the opening scene...Hurry up before they delete it -hopefully not along with the uploader's account ahem...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Sorry, yet another mistake....

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  7. DJRideout

good to see both characters in the recent episode. Just to bad they weren't in the same scene, but I'm hoping that'll change soon enough. Other then the opening scene of the first ep, we've yet to see a wedges moment. Granted we've only seen 3 episodes so far, with 21 to go...lol. I'm still trying to figure out if Hodges is up to something or not though. It's probably nothing, but the way he reacted when he saw Cath walking down the hall and she giving him an odd look makes me wonder. And I wonder if he'll have anything to say after he catches wind on Ray's little freak-out in the break room and how he spoke to Wendy.

She only shared her knowledge and insight on this specific 'killer' gene that his father had...seeing it's right up in her field of expertise. She did nothing wrong.

But I get this weird feeling that Ray could possibly be this 'Dr. Jekyll' person...though I don't have anything really solid to back my feeling up with...other then this genetic trait and that he is/was a medical doctor. Wouldn't it be neat if Wendy and Hodges solved the case? Well, whether it is Ray or not.... anyway, just a thought:lol:

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi DJ

I hope you will later give a H/W up - date....:)

The episode is on today or tomorrow in US?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

As this is days later I should be ok to post again.....Just watched:

-"You are like a geek boy caught in a female body."
    -"So are you "

:guffaw::guffaw:

But the chemistry is there...I tell you....

And the rug scene with Cathrine...LOL...

So our ship has history and humour at the same time....

10. riddick

riddick Rookie

I just backuped Rats in Space, here is a quotation from Nareen Shankar:

"This (Hodges and Wendy's) star-crossed love affair that's the core of all the labrats episodes"

I had to be sure and checked what exaclty "star-crossed" meant before feeling free of jumping around the room. Mr. Shankar made this cold sunny Sunday warm for me!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

One more "nice" thing about labratslove.

As they are not maincharacters. They"writers" shouldn ´t be overly worried as to going too XXXX. as they would with maincharacter. Leaving Labrats to get episodes as Space Odd. And hopefully writers will use this lovestoryline to find out whether or not they can pull "love" off in this genre. Theese characters are enjoyable on their own and funny and we(fans of ship) hope to keep that lightness and cleaver banter going even if they become a couple.

I fully recognize that there will be dislikers out there. Wendy shouldn´t waste her good looks on HIM. BUT IMHO that is where mainstreamfan and LVfan colide. LV is at it´s core "off". It was what seperated the show to begin with and what will keep its edge in future.

The show will allways have "pretty" people around. Nobody would probably watch Mr. everday but there is a fine line between the glizt and glamour that is so common in the media today and having a show that stands out for their actors and characters.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  12. riddick

riddick Rookie

In the documentary I saw about the makingof of Space Oddity, Mr. Shankar looked very enthusiastic about the whole thing. Nobody seemed concerned about the oddity of the pairing.
    For truth sake it must be said that they seemed to think that the whole fandom would appreciate the episode, which actually didn't happen.:(

Shankar was the one who, talking about GSR, said that it's a very unconventional affair....I think he has a thing for unpredictable perfect matches and complicated romances!
    Maybe TPTB knows better and we're just too affected by the silly -and sometimes insulting- comments around the web...

Oh, about H/W Liz said that “after meeting at the Astroquest conference we immediately bond and then we got closer and closer because we have feelings for each other but of course neither of us wants to say it, and everytime I try he messes up”

So the whole blame is officially put on David Hodges:lol:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well does anyone know if youtube has vid with just H/W moments and if we are more fans out there, who just don´t post?

Thanks Riddick....I did go searching but probalbly used the "wrong" words....

I take it
    Edit: If you write " space oddity deleted scene" on the Tube you can watch the alternate version of the opening scene...Hurry up before they delete it -hopefully not along with the uploader's account ahem...

The uploaders account is still working...;)

As to fannumbers...

1. You allready know I disagree with the fans that want the mainstreamguy and ending for Wendy. So why does loyal fans not support show when they try to keep the "querk/unpredictable" that is LV? I know a lot of mainstreamfans has come aboard but still......
    2. Show allready had two maincharacter committed S/G. What is fans hoping for yet another maincharactercouple????

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  14. riddick

riddick Rookie

Basically there is almost any H/W clip on Youtube....

There are surely more Wedges fans outthere, you can see it by the comments and I have got 65 visits on my channel for the Space Oddity Deleted Scene....I think they just don't post, maybe they don't even know where to discuss the ship..

There's this Swiss gal who commented on some Wedges clips, I wonder I she was interested in talking with us, who knows...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  15. DJRideout

I've come across many H/W fans, just they don't post here. Everyone's got their place where they wanna be, and some I've spoken with just stick to one site usually. But there are a lot more out there then we realize.

I'm not sure who it is, but someone has ALL the Wedges moments from all episodes posted on youtube. They are individual clips, not an all in one, but I'm sure if you search, you'd come up with those little 3,4,5 minute musical videos that include various clips.

I would've posted this in the thread dedicated to the actor, but not many go and post there. I have a better shot here.

If you want to see some past clips of when wally had a role on Veronica's Closet, they are posted up on youtube. Just type his name in the search and you should find it. They are hilarious!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.