Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brassy, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riddick

riddick Rookie

AJ, there's a couple of girls whose channels host Wedges moment from 7th season on...The only clip I couldn't find was the one where Hodges says to Wendy she doesn't need breasts implants, the beginning of the infamous leit motiv of their relationship LOL

I don't think I can cite them here, anyway, if you digit “CSI - Hodges and Wendy - 9x21 clip” you'll find one channel and if you digit “CSI: Space Oddity - Wendy finds out what Hodges said to her” you'll find the other one.

So there are more clips from Veronica's closet on Youtube now, DJ? Good!

About the popularity of this ship, I can't say I'm surprised by myself loving them because I have a soft spot for geeky nerds as well as for unconventional romances, so they are MY perfect match. That said, I'm aware the mainstream flows elsewhere. People love thinking they're too cool, even for tv characters LOL.

All I ask is, since we know TPTB in the enthusiastic person of Mr. Shankar wants to evolve this, please let him do that -possibly in a believable and not cheesy way, thanks. Fans of the major characters have got their Sara back, and maybe not only her if the rumor mill spins right...As I already said once, people who want hunks&chicks with a slight taste of plastic have Grey's Anatony waiting for them....

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Oh ...what a sweet dog....What kind is it?

I am still waiting for DJ to let us know what epi to search for online....As to any new H/W moments. I prefer to see LV "live" and therefor do not post in LV forum or read spoilers.

That way I get my Hodges replies as intented by writers and enjoy the show like the rest of the world.

BUT if there is a H/W moment in US timeepisodes ....I would surfe Tubeland in a heart beat...

What do we know about W btw? I watched Bones too and sometimes get info. from the two shows mixed up.

But do we know more about the two´s aparments or???

3. riddick

riddick Rookie

Sweet?? :lol:He was hanging from my dad's sock by the teeth! he was a tiny tornado when he was a puppy, now he's a joy...Anyway I still don't know which picture of him I could use as an avatar...
    What kind? This is the question that's always asked:lol: Husky and a lot of other things..Basically he's a unique.

New H/W scenes? I wish! Next ep will be the 5th and still there are no signs of Wedges moments....I mean, I'de be stasified just to see them talking about a case , collecting evidences together at a crime scene...Another season like 9, that I couldn't stand...This new season seems a bit chaotic at the moment, a lot of stuff thrown on the plate...I hope TPTB will manage to get things right

PS: AJ, I've never been a CSI Miami fan, but I'm sorry for Calleigh/Eric shippers...Must be hard to watch....

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:lol: I have a labradodle puppy eating: shoes- pencils - socks - toys - plants and toiletpaper at the moment.....But then there is thoose few moments of peace....

As to hiphuggers ....it is so different as we are more posters and storyline has been so huge and focused on show. Hiphuggerclan has a life of its own now. We laugh and debate and write even when the characters are not interacting.....They are some great fans thoose Hiphuggers I have met.
    And we had soo much more pic and fanfic and sites to go too...
    I feel sad for thoose who have invested so much in theese fictional characters that they feel....hmmm....Well heck ....I feel it too...I think we feel robbed as fans of the show....and I - for one -am leaving.

In LV however I still enjoy the show....I do think they have the greatest storyline and you allready know I like the dark tone, the oddness, the comic/sarcasme that is LV.
    Hodgesscene is added enjoyment of show....and him getting his groove with this beautiful women. Is a nice signal to viewers that life is not allways "pretty goes pretty". But sometimes there is something else that mysterfies people. As our Hodges does Wendy....;).

On show time and time again have we see that happes when love is "just" based on some superficial thing as looks....As a women Hodges must be a relief....How many man could she share her SI - Fi with?
    How many man would respect her work and competence like he does?

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well as Riddick said, episode five is coming up and as of this moment, nothing to report in H/W world. I too would be happy if they were just sharing the same screen time in relevance to a case. Nothing better then seeing two great minds at their finest...and a little flirty banter just to add to the mix. But again, as I said before, we are still so early into the season with lots of time remaining.

And you are right AJ. How many men would she honestly feel comfortable enough to share her love of Si-fi? Sure Hodges innocently stumbled upon this interest of hers when he met up with her at the convention, not like they were sitting back in the break room talking about it, but at least it now shows that they have an interest in common with each other outside of work.

And even though he had a poor way of showing it in the beginning, he does have respect for her, her work and her competence overall. Which I think in turn, indicates growth and maturity of his character. A lot of people say that Wendy is still to good for him, but I think she is good for him. He's gone from taking all the credit to sharing the credit. And that's a big step in the right direction when you look at Hodges and his overall demeanor.

I'm still hoping we get to see them both out in the field, in a future episode. It would be entertaining. If that little scene in the beginning of 'A Space Oddity', when Hodges was on one side of Nick and Wendy on the other, is any indication of what they'd be like out there together, then it'd definitely be fun to watch.

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

And I just watched the "game episode". You know the one where he made the game and tried it on Labrats and Griss.

Writers actually indicated a change in him. The hurt in him after the lockerroomscene AND the rescept he showed her by drowning the figurine. I am based my whole Grissoming of Hodges on thoose changes.

If writers dare to AND not feel obligated to stick to formular then he is the character to mature and get wise.

In the hieraky that used to be the CSI:
    Griss. the wise and partly odd but widely rescpected "DAD". Ray enters: Still more rescpected and wise but with a dark tempered side. More unpredictable. From some fans who does do spoilers. They guess he could even kill.

So where is the "DAD" or the wise man with wand in hand and reflecting on stuff? That flavour of the show is gone. BUT Hodges have the makings of such a guy. He has shown he can be affected by the emotions of others and change. If he had a woman in his life that loved him and made him feel appriciated that he could loose a bit of his overachiving mode.:guffaw::guffaw: Despite the many funny lines that gives in show.

But IMO that could open up for the apprentice rotation. Trying out characters that could replace other changes in mainline - up if that should happen.

I will return later and add some more. I have some more ideas going on.

My reason for a change in Hodges. If writers regress to old Hodges that they have left themself with way to many excuses to drop this ship and stereotype this character.
    So I am not looking for Hodges = Grissom. But a more layed and "nicer" Hodges. So even Nick might stop looking at him like that.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  7. DJRideout

Errrr... I just lost all that I had written from a stupid power outage that maybe lasted a minute. Lets see what I can remember

Okay! Change, for the better, is always a good thing, and especially for a character such as Hodges. But I don't want to see tptb ruin or take away the identity of the character that we all know and love. Sure, when you meet someone, your demeanor has a tendency to change, but I don't want them to take everything away from Hodges.

Yes, I love the fact he has the utmost respect for Wendy, that she brings the good out in him. I enjoy the fact that with these little changes over the past couple of seasons, the csi's seem to also show more tolerance and respect toward the trace tech. LOL, there isn't nearly as many eye roles, or sighs of annoyance from the csi's when they mention trace or Hodges' name. But in turn, I don't want him to turn into a complete softy, and a bag of emotion.

But I also understand and agree that if tptb leave the character exactly the way he was, say in season 3-5, it would definitely give them plenty of different excuses should they want to put an end to this budding relationship (good point AJ). Wendy is a strong character in herself, and with that, we all know that she would not put up with the man if his attitude reflected the attitude from earlier seasons.

Hence the changes. And if either needed to change, it would definitely be Hodges more-so then Wendy.

Well, I guess it just brings more depth to his character...and in turn, to hers as well.

8. DJRideout

*looks at date* Oh yeah, I think I've met the 24 hour requirement, to post a second in a row...:lol:

Definitely worth the time to watch. Bloodsport was a decent episode overall, but we got ourselves not one, but two little wedges scenes. They are so entertaining together. Their banter is great.

I absolutely loved how Wendy was excited about helping Ray in the field, not bothering to ask what they were going to be doing. Then gladly volunteering Hodges to participate as well. Then after he thought he was all that after finding the murder weapon...Wendy ups him with the sport shoe...lol!

9. riddick

riddick Rookie

Sorry I haven't been writing for days but my firm gave me an extra translation and I was too exhausted to write in English anymore.

I'll comment on the ep and other things later, for now I have only one thing to say: they're married and they don't even know it!:lol:

This ep was just what I talked about some time ago, just THAT situation I was hoping for, with THAT character as a catalyst! And it came so natural!

Thanks TPTB thanks! Now, keep up the good work.

ps: Is it just my non-native ears or is Wally sometimes really using another "voice register"? More like his southern accent, the one he's used in some scenes with George Eads...

It's more manly and natural than the usual Hodges tone...And I like it!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I just saw Bloodsport, and I found the Wedges very amusing.

First of all, I loved that Wendy drafted Hodges to help Ray. Second of all, I loved the look on his face when she showed him the sneaker. His reaction made me smirk.

I know that we've said this before, a while ago, but did the dynamic seem a bit different to anyone else? They seemed more, I don't know, comfortable with each other. He didn't really resist the involuntary volunteering. I expected more snark, but he was just kind of like "damn, she volunteered me. Guess I have to go." and lived with it. That's almost... not like Hodges, really.

Final thought: SQUEE!

11. riddick

riddick Rookie

I immediately took caps of the scene! It was such a natural, personal gesture!

This episode confirms the doubts I've had since the very end of Season 9....Something more than flirty frendship is cooking, something after the final scene of Space Oddity must have happened...Their interaction is at a subtler level now...And Ray "thanks" Wendy because she's the one who makes decisions for the couple....Very intriguing!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  12. DJRideout

Hodges likes Wendy and she knows it. We found out that Wendy feels something for Hodges, yet he doesn't know...or at least, that is how I see it. SOooo, I think its possible that Wendy might be subtly hinting around about her returned feelings for him by spending time with him (beit in the lunch room, their labs or out in the field), casually, physically interacting with him, challenging his intellect, etc.

That light brush of her hand along his shoulder indeed spoke volumes. Neither seem like the touchy feely type of people, and that they seem to like having their personal space, yet it was so natural. Something you would surely see exchanged between a couple. And Hodges didn't flinch at the contact nor argued when he was volunteered by Wendy. It was so cute, suggestive (but not to much), and the perfect little subtle wedges moment we were looking for.

I still think if it had been anyone else that tired to volunteer him, he would have spoken up and voiced his dislike for the idea and would have turned his nose up at it. And being a typical red-blooded male, he didn't pass up an opportunity to spend a considerable amount of time with the girl he crushes. Little did he know they'd spend the afternoon digging through a truck load of garbage.

Something else I noticed and perhaps it's just me and it's only a minor little detail, but she seemed to be sitting a little closer to Hodges in the breakroom then normal. Now, I just got that by looking at the pic you posted Tciddaisc, but that's how it seems. LOL, all that table, and they are crammed together at one end.

I think tptb are tiptoeing into this ship slowly. Wary on how to proceed and how the fans will react to the pair. And if that is the case, perhaps they'll do right with them, instead of screwing it up. Take a little at a time! Let the fans get used to the idea.

Well I was extremely happy with what we received in the latest episode. Just enough to feed my H/W fix...:lol:, and now I hope there'll be more in the coming episodes.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I *thought* something looked different. Now I know what. *g*

You mean "wary", right? Although they may be "weary" too. ;)

OT: riddick, is that your puppy? He's adorable.

14. DJRideout

Yes, I meant WARY...as in cautious...lol, not weary. Thanks for pointing that out. I fixed it.

LOL, yeah, his expression after she produced the sneaker was hilarious. But at least he took it in good spirits...letting her have her moment without saying something rude. And the comment she made about it being a good thing he wasn't a csi...by choice, made me laugh. I can't remember exactly how the mini exchange of comments went, but it was funny. Oh the little banter between the two.

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Hodges: (holds up murder weapon trophy) Touchdown! (hands to Ray)
    Wendy: Nicely done.
    Hodges: You know I'm not a CSI. By choice.
    Wendy: (finds the sneakers) Hey Hodges?
    Hodges: Yep.
    Wendy: That's probably for the best.

Also-
    Ray: I need a couple of volunteers.
    Wendy: I'm in.
    (Hodges shakes his head no)
    Wendy: He'd love to.
    Ray: Thanks.
    Hodges: Can I at least know what I'm volunteering for considering I've just been drafted?

Gotta love it. If only for the way Liz says, "That's probably for the best", or her smirk when she volunteers him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.