"Hell Night" Discussion Thread (Will Contain Spoilers)

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by stripforensics, Oct 25, 2004.

1. iMat

iMat Pathologist

The case was boring, except for the Ray Jr. thing.

The scene with the kids, and DC coming out, standing there looking like he's ready to whoop some ass, AMAZING!

Did everybody see the intensity in DC during the VERY last shot, and that little mouth twitch.

Ass kicking at its finest.

--iMat

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Was that woman who had the quick scene with Horatio (where he said he was full of surprises or something to that extent) Rebecca Nelson? I didn't catch her name in the scene.

3. iMat

iMat Pathologist

Not sure, but I have seen her before.

--iMat

4. elusiveblue

elusiveblue Pathologist

Yep...that was her...great introduction huh...

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Thanks! :)
    Was quite a quick little intro for her. She's supposed to be around for a bunch of episodes though right?
    I could see her and Horatio together...possibly....maybe once they give her more than 2 minutes screen time we will be able to see if they have any chemistry! :)

6. drkate

drkate Corpse

hot diggity dang... (did i really just type that???!!!!) i really wanna see this episode!!!!!! sounds great, lots of crappy bits about the characters, which i like.... if only i lived in america....

7. stripforensics

stripforensics Judge

:lol:

8. drkate

drkate Corpse

:lol: thats so funny! who came up with that?

9. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Are they really airing a rerun next week? It's Novemeber sweeps...

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Yep. Though I suspect it's because the U.S. Presidential election is the next day--there will be lots of news and the SNL election spoof is on at the same time, too.

Good ep overall. Glad they added Ryan to the credits. His outfits continue to underwhelm.

Nice that we finally heard some mention of Speed, though I agree with midnight_tiptoes--once again, he looks a tad incompetent given that he missed a major clue. *shrug* SOmetimes it just takes a fresh pair of eyes I guess.

I agree with the point about Yelina as well--is she too busy with her boyfriend to care that her son is out missing? Character assassination. It really is difficult to like her.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok, here is my review from a Canadian point of view(note to self:i even talk about the commercials.)

-That is the longest intro ever!God!I think i fell asleep halfway until i heard the scream from the credit music.
    -Johnathan Togo is in the main credits,and in the same slot as Rory's.Yay or Nay?
    -no offence, but that butcher knife in the head looked so like halloween. i was half expecting the guy to jump up and go "Trick or Treat!!HAHA!"
    -Damn commercials.Through the whole hour there must be like, 15 mins of it.And since when did David Caruso did the Canadian promos for CTV?he came here?!!?I totally missed that!
    -Omg!Speedle talk!appearantly this being speed's old case brought back sad memories to my eyes.I still watch the lost son and i fight the tears back when i see him dead on that table.Anyway,Its good that Ryan knows that Alexx and Speed were close and that he isnt trying to replace him.Yah, right.U got rory's spot in the opening credits.Not replacing, my ass.
    -But had the producers heard our wailing cries for more talk about Speed??
    -Ok...when H goes to get Ray Jr, he just appears out of nowhere!like he seriously needs to stop doing that!If he ever does that to me, im taking his gun, and shooting him in the leg so he cant do that anymore.
    -As for Ray jr.....eh...
    -Commercials again!That Air Canada Commercial with Celine Dion is really getting annoying,like H.
    -The only commercial i really liked was the promoting of Kalan Porter's cd.*Sigh*Im gonna marry that guy someday.He's better propose.I've been voting for him non stop on Canadian Idol.
    -Back to the show!
    -Ray jr, a killer??Oooh, now this is getting interesting!
    -most lines said in a CSI Miami(or any city):"I dont know what your talking about"
    -Poor Horatio, having to deal with Ray jr.I dont think he shot the old guy.I think its the curly haired guy.
    -The curly haired guy looked like one of the actors of Degrassi....
    -oh no!Delko and Ryan sharing jokes!They're really replacing Speedle!
    -Commercials:Should i see that Alexander movie?hmmm...
    -On to the moment!Anyone notice that when Rebecca comes on, she says her name is Rebecca Nevins, and not Nelson?.
    -And that quote Horatio said "Stick around, I'm full of surprises"I'm feeling total foreshadowing here.Plus hearing him say that to a girl make me cringe a lil.And shivers.Brr.
    -Ah Speedle, rising up from the grave to help solve the crime with his sketches.If you take a closer look, when the sketch is shown, you can see in the right hand corner the signature "Tim Speedle".
    -but then again, Speed did miss alot of key evidence.
    -Commercials: I hope Tatiana feels better after her fall in Skate America.Being a figure skater, i know how that hurts,and it hurts bad.
    -AND THAT STUPID AIR CANADA COMMERCIAL POPS UP AGAIN!
    -20 mins with no Horatio.Victory is mine.
    -Hmm, you know the mother really should have listened to her daughter.I mean why would she lie?she wants them together right?Wait, that makes no sense now....
    -Ray and H on a fishing trip.No wait...FISHING TRIP!?!?*Tries to picture H in fishing gear holding a rod*Shudders...Come on, why not Disneyworld?I can picture it now, Horatio not being very emotional on a roller coaster...unless a dead body was on the tracks...
    -did anyone notice that when they did a close up on Yelena's shoulder/arm as they waited for the elevator,you can see a faint bruise....and H was staring at it intently....major foreshadowing.
    -What?Rerun?of what?
    -Hey!I finally saw that colgate commercial with Proctor in it.Very.....interesting....
    -And one more point..anyone notice that when they showed the exterior of the crime lab, you can see the same ppl going up the stairs everytime they showed it.

Hmm. yah thats it for me.All in all, i give it a 8 out of 10.Thats my highest.Why?because we dont see H for 20 mins.Good lord has answered my prayers.

Anyway, gtg.See ya!

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok kids last nite's episode was very good and a lot of things were granted to CSI fans ,for example they mentioned speed and now Horatio knows that Ray jr is not happy about his mother's new boyfriend and we also know that Stetler's time on earth is short becuase that relationship is not gonna last for long because Stetler is definetly not intrested in Ray jr,and also I sensed a little regret on Yelina's face when she pick up Ray at the station so at this particular point in time anytihing can happen in CSI:Miami.

13. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

With "Crime Wave" coming up on November 8th, I was wondering if the writers would give us a clue in "Hell Night", about this alleged physical abuse of Yelina by Stetler. Your observation of this Y's bruising, seems to indicate that the writers are at least allowing the stage to be set for the events in "Crime Wave".

I re-visited the "Hell Night" screencaps at the Yahoo Board and looked hard at the image of that scene where Yelina, Stetler and RJ walk towards the elevator. I wouldn't swear to it, but there is a hefty suggestion of dark reddish areas on her right shoulder blade and back of the upper right arm. As you said,, H's expression is a little different i.e. it didn't seem to be his usual cocktail of melancholy and dejection; there's a touch of something a little more lethal in the mix.

...or it could just be wishful thinking on my part and dog-tired retinas! :)

Did anyone else see this?

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Yet another cheap shot at poor Speed. Tell me, when was he ever that incompetent? Have I been watching a different show these past two years? What happened to "teamwork"? How did it get to be entirely Speed's fault? Where was Horatio who checks and rechecks everything? Where was Eric who always works so closely with Speed? Where was Calliegh with her input? I find it hard to believe that Speed worked in a total vacuum to produce the result. But sure - he's gone so blame it on him. Hell, blame the hurricanes and the tsunami on him while you're at it.

15. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Wow, I didn't notice that. I'll have to check the tape when I get home.

Where could I find these screencaps?