HC/DC's Thread #10 - Will The Real Horatio Please Stand Up?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Horatio's Thread #5 - Will The Real Horatio Please Stand

Well we could always swap the weather around from where I'm at. I would love to have a bit of Miami weather, its really cold here, this time last year I was in shorts and tee. And the other bonus would be The Coat as well :)

I saw Game Over last night, H was wearing latex gloves and using the finger print dust stuff yay!

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Season 4 definitely seemed overly superficial to me too. There was nothing heartwarming about it (apart from a few nice scenes of H with children). :(
    I watched that too CSI_me. I was also delighted to see H doing that! :D

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

You're welcome catwarfan :) though the site unfortunately does not hold screencaps for all the episodes of season 1. Have you tried doubleobsession.net too?

Pusher, thanks for your nicname explanation :lol:. Cool :cool: Though about trying to read people's thoughts...should I be scared of you? :lol:

Sammie, totally agree with you about how H conveys so much more through his body language and his facial expressions (especially his eyes), than what the script ever can. I think this is particularly evident in episodes such as 'Dead Woman Walking', which I got around to watching yesterday...and wow! :eek: have so much to share with you all on this one, both pics and thoughts! :)

I love this episode :D I noticed that H smiles a lot *yay*, which is ironic considering the nature of the case and what the lawyer goes through. Very much agree with what Pusher said earlier about Horatio trying to take away some of people's pains and sufferings. (we also see this in 'Broken' where he tries to comfort the lady who's little daughter was murdered).

Anyways, just to start off with, a couple of pics from the start of the epi where H arrives on the scene:

The Holy Sunglasses of Justice

Beautiful hair

:D

4. Sammie

Sammie Rookie

Horatio knows that is job isnt just to catch the killers and put them away, its to give the people clures, to tru and take away some of that pain and make sure there all right in the end.

He always does make sure the victim is alright is makes sure that they are safe and thats what I really love about him.

You have to realise that this man sees people haivng the worst days of there lives everyday! And everytime he is there to step in and take care of it.

Its his drive to help the people and give them closur that makes him a good cop.

5. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Here's the real H in the ep of "The Lost Son"

[​IMG]
    and another
    [​IMG]

6. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Hey, that's true! He sees the worst days of their lives. And for someone to see that in his job everyday takes a lot of strength of character.

:( That pic of H giving Eugene his badge is sooo sad....

As for H(DC) looking really old and worn-out in S4, well, let's not forget he's aging(ageing sp?) just like all of us and at 50 with a newborn baby, well...I hope he gets good rest during the hiatus.

Pusher thanks for the nickname explanation. Now I know what it means. :)

7. catwarfan

catwarfan Police Officer

Thanks so much again Wibble I will definitely have to check it out. I'm always looking for great pics.

Thinking about it I can see what people are saying about H looking old in that pic from Rampage. He does a bit. I just never really noticed it because of his smile in that scene. IMO H seemed really happy that moment.

ITA with what you guys are saying about H seeing people on their worst days and wanting to help and make things right. I think this is the compassion that I know that I love about H. He wants to make things better somehow. He wants to make a difference.

I also love how H can look at the big picture and see how all the little pieces fit together. I'm fascinated when he gets this look in his eyes as all the puzzle pieces fit together. Last night I was watching an epi on Showcase about a rich girl that wanted to get kidnapped because of the high. H and the team were outside of the room where she had been held. He noticed this little blue powder. Something that wouldn't seem important but turned out to be very important to the case.

Lucythose pictures are so sad. I haven't actually seen that episode yet. I am so far behind in my CSI Miami episodes right now.

Take Care,
    Dayna

8. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I wholeheartedly agree. His compassion and determination make a truly admirable combination. Those are the two character traits I admire the most.

'Witness To Murder' is a wonderful H episode. We see these two traits at their most pronounced. I hope you get to see it soon Dayna. Yes, it's very sad, but uplifting too, rather like 'Dead Woman Walking'. :)

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I was watching Pro-Per yesterday and Horatio was in the layout room with his lab coat and latex gloves and UV light and all.

I almost flat-out cried. *snif* I miss Horatio in the lab...Okay I WAS crying. I was just so happy that he was in the lab. (Granted they were missing a character and needed to fill it in)

:lol: Great pics everyone, I'll post a few later.

10. wibble

wibble Corpse

You're welcome, Dayna :) And like Luce, I agree with you about H's compassion and determination. Such attractive qualities in my opinion, even though I am quite attached to Grissom, but for different reasons :)

Yeah, it's always nice to see H in the lab, speed_cochrane ;) Here is a pic of him dressed in a radiation suit in 'Dead Woman Walking' (reminds me of the suit he had to wear in 'Bunk') :D

The suit protects H

I found this to be quite a touching episode in terms of H's actions throughout it, as well as the many smiles we see on his face. When he first meets the lawyer, he is amused by her having the sound of dogs barking recorded onto tape as a safeguard against visitors to her home.

I had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat during this scene :( where H faces the difficult task of telling the lawyer she only has about a week to live. But he promises he will catch whoever did this to her. I think this scene is a remarkable demonstration of the combination of compassion and determation that H posesses, which I believe is what makes this an emotionally charged, and therefore moving, scene. His facial expressions convey volumes to the audience how he feels about what he has to say to this woman, and about the person who has done this to her.

I think H admires her strength for trying to carry on as normal until she becomes too sick, and wants to look after her. I really like the way he tells her she should be at home, spending time with family and friends, and then says that he will take care of everything else. And it's so real from the audience's point of view, because of his tone of voice when her talks to her in this scene, plus his body language. So sweet :D

Great acting, DC :cool:

11. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

*sobs* :( Dead Woman Walking makes me all teary-eyed. I like the storyline and H was at his best. I really miss the H in DWW and Witness to Murder.

Belle King was in a terrible situation and in a way, she's lucky to have met H. He's someone you can depend and rely on when you need help most. He has a heart bigger than most people. For Belle King, he took care of her during her last days with compassion and genuine concern even though he only knew her for a few days. And for Eugene, he held him high and called him partner. That meant a lot to Eugene. That is why I love H so much. He inspires me.
    I wish he's real coz then I know where to go to when I'm down and out or in trouble. :p

Thanks wibble for the caps and your post on DWW. It's one of my fav episode and it's great reading about it again.

12. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

wibbs thanks for all this lovely pic and of cours for this long long post :D for me is aways pleasure to read peoples thoughts when they for the fist time watch CSI Miami. and tell me after this u won`t fall in love in this Real H form S1 :devil:

i 100 % agree with all that u say for H and the case. for me too this is one of the most strong epis in CSI M and for H character.

love this sweet chat between H and this woman - innocent victim:

W: Did you know Horatio was the first CSI?
    H: He was... the what?
    W: In Hamlet. When Hamlet was poisoned and dying, he asked his
    best friend Horatio... to tell the world who murdered him.
    H: Okay, I'll tell the world.

*sigh* :(

i keep wonder what is to now that u are going to die and know when or to be near someone who don`t have a lot to live ?! :( suppose is hard enough for the both sides

after i have see all S 1-4 epis from CSI M i was think that this strange H - Horatio name come from Hamlet, coz of this quote from 'dead woman walking', but after i see the first crossover CSI M/LV - CROSS JURISDICTIONS here is the truth:

Kid: Horatio?
    H: : Yeah. That's a funny name, isn't it? My mother named me after a famous writer named Horatio Alger. Ever hear of him?

13. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

I love the "Horatio was the first CSI" scene too. And yes, I was also thinking of what it's like to be the one to tell another that he/she's gonna die in a week's time and to be there for him/her. Also for the victim, it's very, very difficult. I couldn't even tell my own grandma that she's gonna die soon because when you tell someone, you gotta face the person's reaction and that's something you don't wanna see and experience. So from DWW, we could see clearly how strong(mentally) and courageous Horatio is. So based on that, I can say S4 Horatio is well...NOT Horatio. :rolleyes:

14. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Erin, i`m so so sorry for ur grandma ... :( this make me sad. :(

maybe this what i`ll say will sound traditionally, but after we star to know that will lose someone (not only by death ) just then we understand what is he/she to us. and too late we say the right words that we have keep inside of us coz we was try to be strong :(

15. Sammie

Sammie Rookie

Re: Pusher

OPh yesh that is the HOratio we know and love. I mean S4 has been so compleatly off thats why I am not watching it.

I feel as if I would rather have them kill him off than have to face, what I feel like is tottaly OOC and compleatly bull.

I love DWW has to be my favorties H episode.

You can just see the care of the victims oozing out of him for exampl Spring Break when he hugs the girl who was nearly raped. THat just shows you he sees his job as not to be a cop, but to be the one who makes things better.

Thats why he gets so upset when he realises he cant save everyone.

Because no one deserves to get left behind,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.