Have you ever dissected an animal? [like in biology class?]

Re: Have you ever dissected an animal? [like in biology clas

well, we were going to, it was gonna be a fish? I cant remember, but then the teacher gotr a baby and had to leave the year I was in that class. I used to fish though, so i got to cut them up pretty well 'gut' them, and once in what? 7th grade? we dissected a fish's eye. that was interesting, I enjoyed the IGCSE Biology class, (but I dont like the teacher we're gonna have next year for IB, so.. I took physics instead), I guess I have to live with dissecting meatballs at dinner, cya later guys!

i dissected a frog and a cat in highschool. the usual thing happened, i was cutting up my frog and then it jumped.. we also had to identify and memorize all the muscles of the animals. it was fun, since i wanted to be a doctor. but it was weird though, coz we were required to make the cat's skeletons into something creative, like dress and jazz it up. i dressed up my cat like hawaiian barbie. lol. :D
geez, im missing those science days, its just too bad i ended up in the corporate world.

I dissected a squid once in summer camp. Very icky! I was the only one who found the brain and removed it intact. When I was in my second year of college I got to dissect sheep brains, lungs, heart, and a cat. Not a bad experience, but I found that I'm not a big fan of formaline. Ironic, since I now do autopsies and have to smell formaline all of the time!

last year in 7th grade we dissected starfish and worms...the inside of the starfish looks like mustard and mayonase...nasty. I never wanna eat another sandwich again. OH and the smell. but bubble gum helped me get over that. It realy wasn't that bad. Being a girl I had to show i wasn't scared, so I picked up the worm and threw it on my lab partner...it was funny, and the teacher didn't see :lol:

I dissected a sheep heart, lung and a frog in 7th grade sciene last year.

I did all my disecting in year 8...thats not fair lol

I have dissected a sheeps heart and lung and a frog last year (7th Grade)

I've always wanted to disect a frog, but we did a rat lol

I took the first semester of Antomy last semester and we dissected a fetal pig, it was pre-cut already but we still had to dissect some of the parts. We also did a sheep's brain. I thought those were pretty cool and I kinda enjoyed it. I think I was one of a few who actually didn't complain about it or get sick. I have always been interested in that stuff. It never bothered me watching it on tv either. Y'all probably think I'm weird now but I'm just fasinated by that stuff lol.

Nope i dont think youre weired Hungry4TheWolfe I love that stuff! Thats awesome that you got to do that!

I don't think that you are. I dissected the fetal pig too. That was the only dissection that I actually liked. When my teacher said time to clean things up for the day, I was bummed because I wanted to continue.

When my teacher said time to clean things up for the day, I was bummed because I wanted to continue.
lol thats like me cause I keep poking and proding at it and moved its organs around and stuff

Back