Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Fool4love, Nov 21, 2005.

1. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Re: Harry Potter - Book 7 Theories

Yeah, iMDb is pretty reliable. Thank you for the info.

2. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

No problem SunsetBoulevard, any time. There are 2 websites that I am on all day long, they are imdb and talk csi. I just stumbled across this information.

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'm overly excited that it's a littl over a month till book 7 comes out...need to find book 6 and reread that. :D

4. sidlewannabee

I am going to try and read book 5 and 6 before the movie and the book come out.

5. never_again

never_again Witness

^ That's what I'm going to do.

(Hi I'm Jenny :D)

Me and two of my friends are going to dress up and go to Waterstones at midnight to get DH :D. I also want to see Ootp in the Imax cinema because I think the last 20 minutes are in 3D.

6. sidlewannabee

The last 20 minutes are going to be in 3-D that is going to be awesome, I want to see it in IMAX. I know I am going to get the book at Midnight, but I don't think I am going to dress up because I don't have anything to dress up with. Maybe I will wear my hat and my glasses.

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I was reading mugglenet.com and found out that the soundtrack to OOTP will be released on July 10th, day before the movie opens. So excited because the music is always an awesome addition to the movies!

8. never_again

never_again Witness

sidlewannabee cool, I didn't know anyone else who's going at midnight except me and my friends, I think there'll be allot where I'm going because for the last few books there were like, people from the local paper there taking pictures and things. :D

It's not so much dressing up as characters though. We're all making dark mark t-shirts, I had the idea originally and basically we're going to sponge silvery greeny and glow in the dark paint in the shape of a dark mark onto the front. We're also going to be wearing clocks (although I have yet to make a black one, I've got a silver cloak though). Hmm, hats, that's a good idea. :D And a soft toy owl, of course.

9. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

Oh im going at midnight, I have been going at midnight since book two. ;)
    Although I get home from my holidays the same day, so ill just take my suitcase from the airport to an ASDA thats open 24/7 and stand waiting in line. :)
    Last year someone spoilt the book for me, I dressed up as a witch, btu this year ill probs take headphones so I cannot hear anyone spoiling it! ;)

10. sidlewannabee

I started going at midnight since book 5. I also see the movie at midnight too, but only since movie 4. I can't wait until July.

11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I enjoyed going at midnight but now I work until 12:30am - 1am so trying to make it to a party wuld be hard. I resported to ordering it off Barnes and Noble.com and it's helpful to have the memeber discount card because I got it cheap! :D

12. Alien_from_mars

I just hope I dont die on the plane before the book 7 is out. Ive been waiting since book one to know what happens! I aint gonna die on a silly plane before hand!

13. athlov

athlov Guest

I agree with the set up death thing and Snape being friend, not foe. It was the AK that clued me in. I think that one thing they did wrong in the 4th movie was that they had Cedric flying backwards after being hit with the AK. In the books it describes the effects of the AK as being almost like they just dropped dead of natural causes.

Well, in the 6th book when Dumbledore is AKed it says he lefts up in the air and falls over the edge of the tower wall. Now you can assume that the super powerful release of his awesome magic caused him to float and stuff and fly back, but I don't think that's it. When he falls to the ground, it describes him as looking like he simply fell to his death. Which sort of throws you off, because that's how the AK is described, but it still doesn't explain why he floats up at all.

I don't think Snape really wanted to kill AD, and the AK only works if you really mean it. I think AD begged him to finish it, by helping him. Because, really, he was already dying from the potion, which Snape probably made for Voldemort in the first place. So Pomfrey probably didn't know the antidote and it would have taken her too long to figure out anyway. And Surely Snape's not going to turn to his fellow Death Eaters and say, "Excuse me, but I have to go make a antidote for the headmaster real quick before we leave."

So, really there wasn't much option. He needed to be among the Death Eaters anyway, so that when to right time comes, he'll be able to do his part. He couldn't break his vow to Narsisa by not protecting Draco, and still live to fight in the war.

Anyway, that's my theory on that.

I think I know where the Locket was. I think that locket that they couldn't open when they were cleaning #12 was Slytherian's. I think it makes sense because RB may be Regulus Black, and so it would be in the Black family house. I just hope that Dung didn't steal it with the rest of the silver.

14. Alien_from_mars

Im pretty sure the death was planned, Snape has no choice but to kill him, anyway.
    If DD knew he was going to die from the potion (as I think he already pre planned going to the cave with Harry in the summer), he may as well have Snape kill him. Snape told him about the vow he made, and they devised a plan from there.
    This would also stop Malfoy from becoming a killer, and Snape also stays in LV's good books and is more trusted by everyone.
    "Severus... please" is what DD said, when have we ever heard DD beg for his life? Never.
    Wasnt it DD who said in the first book "To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure" he wouldnt have begged to have been killed. He was telling Severus to carry on with the plan.

15. athlov

athlov Guest

Right, I think that's what Snape and Dumbledore were arguing about when Hagred said he heard them. If I remember right, Snape said that of all the things he's done for him, not to ask him to do that, (whatever it was they were talking about that Hagred didn't hear.) I need to go back and read that part to get the actual quote, but it was something like that.