Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Fool4love, Nov 21, 2005.

1. YumSnickers

YumSnickers Victim

Re: Harry Potter - Book 7 Theories

God!! That's awful! :(
    Which community is it? Just in case so I know to avoid it.

2. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

I'll get the book by December. I know it's a really looooong time but I can wait as long as I remain spoiler free but this morning my friend told me something and I could just throw my cellphone at her. :mad: I know it sounds kinds harsh but I just hate it when they spoil me. :(

3. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Oh man! I stayed up until 4am reading the book!
    Not going to say anything about the content except that I loved it...cried in places, but loved it.
    Now I'll have to reread again...and probably some of the other books, doh!

4. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows ~ *NO SPOILERS*

Unfortunately she was i just had the confirmation this morning...People suck sometimes. :(

Glad you enjoyed it Ceind!! :)

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I'm planning to buy the book this afternoon and incredible but truth,I'm spoiler free so far.
    I hope it worth it,by the meaning of be careful of what you do to my Snape Mrs.Rowling or I'll go after you LOL.
    Well,it's damn expensive,28,50 €,so I wish I won't regret not having read it on the net.

6. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

I haven't bought it yet, and I've stayed spoiler-free so far... I'm almost afraid to go to the city today because I will see the book and I know myself, I will have a look, but I don't wanna buy it till Monday so that I can read p. 6 first. (I've read it, of course, but I think I've forgotten too much so I have to read it again.) I'm so excited, especially now that I've seen the film, I'm re-infected with the Harry Potter fever! *lol*

7. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

I'm not a big Harry Potter fan. I haven't read any of the books, but i've seen the films, so i have no idea what happened in the 6th book (and no-one tell me, i'm waiting for the film). But i went to the cash and carry today, and saw deathly hallows on sale, so i picked it up and read the end! :lol:
    I won't say anything, except that it's a good ending.
    PSG xxx

8. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Argh even that's too much info for me! I just went to the GMX website to check my e-mails and among the news was exactly the same info! Why do they have to put that on the first page? Why can't they just say "Everyone who wants to know whether it'll be a happy ending or not, click here" and then make a link??
    I resisted buying the book today, btw. So tomorrow I'll read HP6 again (that is, skim over it, other wise I'd need more than 1 day *lol*). And on Monday I'll get the 7th part!

9. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

I almost don't want to post anything incase i spoil. All i will say is that it took me 8.5 hours to read (yeah, i have no life) and that, in my opinion, it was the right way to end the series.
    Now i'm going to go and lie down in a dark room to get rid of this "reading headache"

10. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Lmao. That's something I would do. I have the first like.. 3 books because my mom likes them. :lol: But I just watch the movies. My only wish for the end is that Ron and Hermione get together. If that happens I'll be happy. :)

11. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

PintSizeGenius have you read the announcement at the top of this forum regarding spoilers? Obviously not!

I have edited your post regarding the ending of the book (whether it's a good ending or a bad ending). I will come down hard on anyone who reveals spoilers without the use of spoiler code!

You are more than welcome to discuss what has happened in the book - all you need to do is use the spoiler code to do it.

12. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Just finished it today and here's my opinion:

(Note - its just whether I thought it was good or not)

I absolutely loved it, which is a really good thing considering I didn't really like the last two a whole lot. It definitely had me hooked and I couldn't put it down which is why I haven't slept in a while and finally decided to eat something. I will say though, I didn't like Epilogue... it was kind of corny in my opinion...

13. sHiNNizLe

sHiNNizLe Rookie

Yay!!Never posted (or visited) this thread before(fear of spoilers)..Anyway,I've done with HP7..

It was goood :D :D..I was totally hooked from the first chapter till chapter36 (not sure bout the 19years later part). However, I wish there would be more at the ending like, what happen to George after Fred died, who is the headmaster/mistress of Hogwarts,what's up with Luna or if Harry,Hermione and Ron got back to school to finish their studies. But it's a great book though :D :D.What's done is done :rolleyes:.

;)

14. Lauw

Lauw Police Officer

Wow, Hormiga, €28.50, that sure is a lot :eek:. I paid €17.99 for my copy and I really paid too much. I read somewhere that there are stores and sites who sell them for less than €10!

I agree, the "19 years later" thing was really corny. I would've been satisfied with the ending without that part. I read it in about 10-11 hours. My mum was really surprised I finished raeding so quickly. And offcourse she asked if he died or not :rolleyes: And I was like: Duh, he's called the Boy-Who-Lived! It would've been pretty lame if he did die.

I was planning on reading HBP again before this one (or at least the last chapter), but I couldn't find it anymore :(

15. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

PLEASE READ

Okay everyone, tomorrow I will be opening a HP And The Deathly Hallows Spoiler Thread. This means that everyone who has read the book will be able to discuss the book in detail without the use of the spoiler codes. I strongly recommend that anyone who has not yet finished the book, not to go into the thread until they have, as this thread will contain details of the ending and everything leading up until that point.

In a nutshell, there will be two threads, this thread, which will remain spoiler free for those who wish to post comments in spoiler code and are only up to a certain chapter in the book, and the new thread (opening tomorrow), which is for those who have finished the book and want to discuss everything without the hassle of putting in the spoiler codes. :)

There will be a spoiler warning in the title of the new thread, so you will be able to tell the difference between each thread.

Any questions please let me know via PM. :)