Harper's Island

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Half, Apr 10, 2009.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I find it hard to believe the answer could be in these vids... I've never even seen them. Seems a bit weird to put crucial info in there when they don't even mention these things when they advertise for the show.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I wouldn't want them to sneak in another character, not at this point in the show -- even if it is someone from those videos. I doubt there's a lot of people who take the time in watching them, I know I haven't.
    My sister is a huge fan & we were just talking about it when she was over today. She suspects Henry as Wakefield/Sarah's child & that he is also another killer -- I don't know, I for one am still wondering if Abby just has multiple personalities or something.
    Ahh crap! I just had a stupid thought - I hope she isn't dreaming all this up. Like the ending they show her in some mental institute & she'd just been imagining that Wakefield was alive & killed all her loved ones. What a waste -- at least Cal & Chloe would be alive though. :p
    OR, it could be that she's imagining all this as she's prepping to come to the island for the wedding, perhaps she fell asleep on the boat ride over & she was having a nightmare? Would you all be peeved if that happened? :lol:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, there has to be a point to those vids, otherwise why would they bother making them? They showed Cousin Ben in one vid (alive) then in vid 6 they showed Charlie and in one vid they showed Maggie. Those are the only ones on the actual show that they've shown on there so far. In one vid, for a split second I thought I saw Jimmy, but it couldn't have been him because that was flashbacks from Robin's past where she was in a completely different state (where she went to college) and I don't think Jimmy has ever left Harper's Island. :lol: I think who I saw might have been the guy with the camera before he got in the car cause he had longish hair too.

:lol: at it all being Abby's dream on the boat ride over. :lol: The Wizard of Oz ending... except being somewhere over the rainbow in Oz/Munkinland, she'd be in Nightmareland. :lol:

I'll take a new character being the co-killer or Wakefield being the only killer over Jimmy being involved anyday. I'll be highly disappointed if Jimmy is involved. Too predictable and as I said before, too much like Scream especially considering they thought that he was dead for a bit.

4. BabaOReilly

Maybe Jimmy was looking at Trish with that evil glint in his eye (at the end, in the truck) because he suspects her?

Yeah, I'm reaching... but you never know!

I just realized- since I get this on Thursdays, I'm going to know how it all ends before all of you do... Do you guys want me to post on here with spoiler codes, or just wait until Sunday when it's safe? I know the spoiler codes effectively block the post, but some of you may be too weak to resist reading it and it'll ruin the ending for you! :lol:

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ *raises hand* yes, I am a spoiler box addict & have no control. :eek:
    Normally it doesn't bother me, but with this being the finale & all, I don't want to be spoiled & I wouldn't be able to resist clicking on that darn box, so waiting to spill the goods would be nice. :angel:

I agree with ya there, but I like the idea of a character that we've already "met & have known" to be the ending twist......just not Jimmy!
    I'd even take Henry (though I wouldn't really like it) just because he's less predictable.

I think they want us to assume he took the gun & glared at her cause he wanted to kill her, but I saw it more as him taking it so they'd be safe since she had fallen asleep. If I was sitting there waiting for some murderer to axe me, & the only protection I had was some chick sleeping with a gun, who can't aim for crap anyway - yeah, I'd be grabbing the gun too. :lol:

6. GregNickRyanFan

You know who would be interesting to be the second killer (if there is one)? Sully. or better yet, even Danny (remember how scared he was acting?) Those two being a killer would come as a complete shock cause other than being friends of Trish & Henry's they have to real connection to the island.

I agree with you on that. :lol: I liken the Jimmy/gun thing with the Ryan/text message thing at the end of "Going Ballistic". :lol:

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

My sister & I did think about them. I don't know, Sully can act like a jerk, but for the most part he come's off as a goofball (him kissing Nikki, & teasing Cal about Chloe); & Danny ...I just couldn't see it with him, I don't why, just can't. They both seem like 2 guys who act tough on the surface but deep down they're both a couple of scaredy-cats. :lol:

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I have been following this show a bit, a little behind due to Fridays through Saturdays being really busy for me. I was hoping to get some help :lol: Watching the show more and more, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what movie I recall seeing the actor who plays Sully. I'm wrecking my mind trying to figure it out :)

whoa ... :lol: so I checked and he had a bit part in Ten Inch Hero ... here we go with more Supernatural references :lol: his name was Brad ... watched that movie a bunch :lol: he's a sexy beast ... :rolleyes: but I didn't notice with the likes of Jensen on the screen :p

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  9. GregNickRyanFan

He was also in "House Bunny". :lol: I just saw that last week. His character in that was a bit of a jerk though. :lol:

10. BabaOReilly

Alrighty then, I shall refrain from even posting stuff with spoiler tags in place. I don't want to enable the weak!

Man, is there even one on this week, or is it just a 2 hour blow out for the finale next week? I guess I'll find out tonight...

11. GregNickRyanFan

Well... Baba, I guess you probably already know this, but I just checked my cable box guide for Saturday and it sounds like the ep of Harper's Island that is on is the pilot episode. Although usually pilot episodes are called "pilot" and this one is "Whap". :lol:

12. BabaOReilly

Yup! :lol: Yeah, I didn't realize it was the pilot until I basically turned it on, but that's OK. Just means I got to go to sleep earlier since I was beat. :)

I guess the next time I'll be on here discussing details will be a week from this Sunday! Whoh. And then it's all over. I hope the ending isn't a disappointment. I haven't minded the show too much so far. Although I have a feeling if there were other things on to watch right now, I would have just as easily let this one go... which is probably what the producers thought too, when they released it in the off season.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, that's probably why they moved it to Saturdays. Some people would probably rather watch repeats of shows they already love than to start a new one whereas there is absolutely nothing else on Saturdays aside from mostly bad sci-fi movies on sci-fi's channel or cheesy Lifetime/Hallmark movies. :lol: Well, unless you like sports that is. There's always sports stuff on weekends. :lol:

I hope the ending isn't disappointing either. If Jimmy does end up being involved in a bad way with the Wakefield murders, I'm gonna be disappointed because that's typical and predictable. :lol: And did I mention, poor Abby? :lol:

14. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

With Saturday approaching and the final two hours of Harper's Island, is anyone here interested in doing a live online posting during the episode? I'm on the east coast so I'm not sure how that airing time lines up with everyone else here.

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

It would depend on what time it is.