H/Cal, GSR - The two of them, the two of us

Double wow! One for DuCaine and another for GSR! Grissom, wake up!! And that kitchen scene is so lovely, gotta love being in the kitchen :lol:

eric is usually not my favorite guy, but after your writing i am in love with the guy! :lol:

pizza and calleigh meddling, what more do you need!?!? :lol:
i love all the H/cal! please continue soon!

Hi !!
Loved your new part !!
Calleigh will help Grissom and Sara, it's good to know that !!
And the GSR part was both sweet and sad !!
Great job
Megara1

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to inform you that my beta-reader has just sent me back the new chappie! :D

DEAD RINGER

“Good morning everyone,” Horatio greeted, entering the office with Calleigh. Sara and Grissom were already waiting for them, but there was no trace of Eric.
“Good morning,” they answered.
Calleigh glanced at the two of them, analyzing their faces; they both looked quite calm, but she noticed they were ignoring each other. Sara was reading the report, her brows furrowed, and Calleigh decided to go and sit next to her. Meanwhile, Horatio invited Gil to follow him outside.
“You look confused…” she said. Sara looked up.
“I am,” she said. “I’ve just read that John Doe showed the owner of the motel his passport the night Christina was killed.”
Calleigh nodded.
“Yeah. It is necessary to show a document to rent a room, even if it’s just for a couple of hours.”
“I know,” Sara said, “But why would someone go around with the passport in their pocket? I mean, he is a waiter, and waiters don’t have money to spend on travelling. I don’t think he’s used to go up and down plains every now and then.”
Calleigh’s face suddenly lightened up. Sara’s intuition could be the turning point for the case.
“He may have had a plan. Maybe he was ready to leave the city after the murder, but something went wrong.”
Sara smiled mischievously. “We need to check the flight bookings of the last few days before the murder.”
Calleigh smiled back and stood up. “Let’s go.”
She led Sara to another room and they sat down in front of a computer.
“Ok, now I’ll insert his name and we’ll see if he booked anything in the last month.” Calleigh explained, as her hands run over the keyboard.
They stared at the screen for a while, waiting for the server to process the information. No result was found.
“Let’s try just with Doe,” Sara suggested. “Maybe he used a second name, or John may be the short for Jonathan…”
Calleigh changed the name and this time a short list of people appeared. “Alison Doe, Kelly Doe, Louise Doe, Paul Doe, Penelope Doe and Wallace Doe.” She read, then sighed. “No John, nor Jonathan.”
Sara’s eyes were still on the screen, observing the names. “Paul Doe is the only one who arrived in Miami just a few days before the murder… And he went away the day after,” she stated. “Let’s see some further information.”
Calleigh clicked on his name and another window appeared. “Oh my god!” she exclaimed, staring at the picture in the corner of the window.
“He’s a dead ringer for our suspect,” Sara commented. “And look at the birth date!”
Calleigh’s mouth fell open when she realized what they had just found out.
“Our suspect has a twin,” Sara said. “And he was in Miami the night Christina was killed.”

“No way!” Horatio exclaimed when Calleigh told him she would go and find the suspect with Sara.
“I’m going to be fine, honey, and there will be Sara and a couple of cops with me,” she replied with her sweet voice. “Nothing’s going to happen to me.”
Since she had told Horatio she was pregnant, Calleigh hadn’t had many chances to work out of the lab, but arresting a suspect sounded like something she could easily handle.
“I promise I’ll take care of her,” Sara intervened. Grissom cast her an anxious look, but didn’t open his mouth.
Horatio still seemed very unsure, but Calleigh had put on her best puppy expression and that meant he was going to give it up.
“Please?”
“All right, then,” he assented at last. “But I want you to be very careful. I’ll personally call Tripp and tell him to wait for you at Doe’s place.”
“We’ll be back in less than an hour and by then you’d better be ready for a nice chat,” she said happily, and then turned to Sara. “Let’s get going.”
Sara lingered for a second, as though she was imprisoned in Grissom’s look, but then she turned on her heels and followed Calleigh.
Once they got inside the car, Calleigh studied Sara for a short while; she looked distracted but also worried, though she was doing her best not to show it.
Calleigh put a hand on her knee and gave her a warm smile. She had the sensation that girl needed much more love than what she usually received. “I know it’s none of my business and I shouldn’t meddle, but he cares about you.”
Sara’s eyes widened in surprise and she stared stunned at Calleigh
“I just wanted you to know that sometimes we don’t see what other people see,” Calleigh added, starting the car. “And I think neither you nor Gil can see what Horatio and I have seen.”
Sara was clearly confused but she didn’t seem to feel uncomfortable. She smiled in a way Calleigh had never seen before: it was a faint, fain smile. The saddest smile she had ever seen.
“I know what people think,” she murmured, “But I know I’m nothing more than a friend to him.”
Calleigh felt her heart aching. She felt so sorry for that girl she nearly didn’t know. There were shades of sorrow in her voice and she did not deserve any kind of suffering.
Calleigh thought of herself and Horatio and how beautiful their life together was. She thought of the hard times and the long years they had spent trying to deal with their mutual feelings. They had found a lot of difficulties on the way, but they eventually managed to find the right balance, and since then everything had become perfect. She thought of the little life growing inside her. She had all a woman could ask, and Sara didn’t. But even though she had known her for a couple of days, Calleigh knew that girl was a beautiful person, strong and yet needy. She didn’t deserve that pain she was bearing inside.
“Does he know how you feel about him?”
A bitter laugh escaped from Sara’s lips. “Yes,” she said. “Yes, he knows. I guess I’m just not worth it. You know, I’ve tried a million times to show him how it would be… To go out together, to be together… But he has always refused to see.”
Calleigh listened still, wondering how Grissom could not be desperately in love with such a wonderful girl. But he was, she knew. What she didn’t know was why he could not admit it.
“One day, a couple of years ago, I heard him say that he couldn’t risk what he had worked for just for me.” She continued, her tone blank and emotionless, or maybe so full of emotions it was impossible to understand. “He couldn’t see me. He didn’t know I was listening, he still doesn’t know, but I was there, and I heard everything.”
“You’re always worth it, Sara.” Calleigh replied, looking straight in front of her. “If he can’t realize what he is missing, then he is the one who’s not worth it. But I know I can’t tell such things to someone who’s in love.”
Sara didn’t say a word; she just bent down her head, smiling. Again, that sad, broken smile.
The car stopped in front of another car. Frank Tripp and another young cop were standing in front of it.
“Good morning,” Tripp greeted, as Calleigh and Sara got off the car.
“Frank,” Calleigh answered. “This is Sara Sidle, from Las Vegas. We have a double jurisdiction case.”
They shook hands; then Tripp pointed at the house on the other side of the street.
“That’s our house,” he said. “Williams and I are going first. Stay behind us and watch out.”
Calleigh and Sara nodded; then they crossed the road and knocked on the door.
“Miami Dade Police!” Tripp yelled. “Open the door!”
A faint sound came from inside the house, but nobody opened.
Tripp and the other cop broke down the door and entered carefully, followed by the two women. All of them had a gun in their hands, ready to shoot.
“Wait here,” Tripp muttered. “We’re going to check the rest of the rooms.”
As Tripp disappeared behind a door and the other man went up the stairs, Calleigh looked around the hall and the living room, feeling anxiety growing.
The silence was so deep she could hear her own heart beating furiously and also Sara’s breath. Nothing was moving; nothing seemed to be real. The place felt incredibly unreal, as though time had stopped in the precise moment they had burst into the house. Silence: that was all they could feel.
Then Calleigh heard the scream.
She barely had the time to turn around to see Sara trapped in a mortal grip. The arm of the man who was standing behind her surrounded her neck; a sharp, shining knife in his hand, pointed directly at her throat. He was John Doe.
“Don’t even dare to move,” he hissed, pushing the top of the blade deeper in Sara’s tender flesh. A drop of blood crawled down her skin, painting a crimson trail to her collarbone. Fear filled her fiery eyes.
“Let her go!” Calleigh cried angrily, tensing her gun towards the suspect. “I’m damn good with this little toy; don’t make me shoot you.”
Doe’s expression changed: his eyes filled with tears and he begun trembling.
“I didn’t want to kill her!” he screamed. He sounded honest and even desperate. “She wanted to leave me for good, and I couldn’t let her! I loved her! She couldn’t leave me!”
Calleigh swallowed hard, trying to stay calm. In that moment Tripp and the other cop broke into the room, their guns raised. Doe forced Sara to release her gun and he took it, letting the knife fall on the ground. Now her own weapon was menacing Sara.
“Leave her alone!” Tripp said, slowly approaching Calleigh.
“Don’t move!” Doe yelled. “Don’t you move or this girl may get hurt.”
A sudden noise from the outside distracted him for a second and Calleigh shot, hitting him in the arm. At the same time Sara hit him in the lower abdomen, causing him to choke. He let go of her, screaming in pain.
Sara had just the time to run a few steps, getting out of his grip, but near enough to hear him whisper. She quickly turned around and saw him pointing the gun at Calleigh.
“You bitch!”
The loud noise of the shots filled the air. Tripp and Calleigh had both fired, but Doe had time to pull the trigger before being hit in the chest by two bullets. He fell down, dead.
For a short while, Calleigh didn’t know what had just happened, but then she suddenly felt a sharp pain in her side. She tried to breathe, but when looking down, she saw the blood spreading on her white shirt. She didn’t even have the time to realize she had been hurt. In the same moment, she saw Sara falling and hitting the floor. The blood was flowing out from the wound she had on her abdomen and from the half open lips. Her eyes were closed.

TBC...

OMG! What happened!? Calleigh...the baby? The baby and Calleigh! Sara? CLiff-hanger! Dang it! :lol:

Great writing CDC! Killing me with all this action! :p All the best with the next installment yeah ;).

OMG!!! I felt like I was really watching an episode on TV!

So who got shot? Sara? And Calleigh got grazed by the bullet?! I love the action and suspense. I hope baby's alright and Sara too. She's badly hurt. OMG OMG!

Hi !!
Really great newt part !!
It's so tense !!
I believe that maybe both are hurt...hope it will force Grissom to react !!!
See you
Megara

omg! this is well good. Not quite sure which got shot, but I hope Sara don't die.. i'd cry :p Hope Calleigh don't either like. Oo more soon :D :p

poor girls, they always get hurt, i hope thye are all ok, H would blame himslef if the babby dies, please keep it ok!

update as soon as physically and humanly possible :lol:

Back