H/Cal, GSR - The two of them, the two of us

Ooh! Kawaii!!['Cute' in Japanese]

This is so fluffy, I'm sliding off my chair just imagining the things they do! Excellent writing CDC! Perfazionare! Ahahah! Please do write more! I can't wait for the dinner. :D

Casper

PS: I popped in here to send my reveiws when I can. I'll try to do so more often once you've updated. And thanks for adding me at MSN! :)

4 hot dogs!!! :lol:

That was sooooo sweet I'm melting! Thanks for writing this CDC, now I get lots of beautiful scenes in my mind of DuCaine in the cafetaria, eating, chatting, drinking, laughing, kissing....awwww......

Dude...This must be, like, heaven or something. DuCaine and GSR? Must I say more? Alexx is lurvishing you!

Alexx's (BT) solution to the curtain mess: Gah, forget two rooms, Calleigh! Come on, you know they won't be sleeping in seperet beds. v_v;;

Alexx will shut up now.

Happy B-day CDC! at least i hope thats what that cake means... :lol:

great writing! they are so cute i am just melting in my chair right now, its killing me! we definitly need to have another one of those script changing thingys, lets take this story, hypotize(sp) the writers and make them use this, it will be great!

keep writing, this is awesome!

Yay, new chapter (yeah, very short)! My beta seems to be disappeared, so I'll post it anyways and I'll fix it later. Enjoy! :)

A HOUSE FOR FOUR... AND A HALF

When Sara first stepped inside the mansion she immediately realized how much of herself Calleigh had put in it: the hall was very large and bright, with pale orange walls and rustic tiles on the floor. The wooden furniture was simple and yet very classy and the paintings on the walls showed beautiful landscapes.
“Calleigh’s mother made them.” Horatio explained, closing the door behind himself and throwing the keys of the car on a small table.
“She’s really talented.” Grissom commented, admiring them.
“Yeah, they’re beautiful.” Agreed Sara, fixing the bag on her shoulder. Grissom had forbidden her to carry anything else. She was still a little weak and the wound would take weeks to heal completely, but she felt much better now that she was out of the hospital.
“Hey, you’re here!”
Calleigh had just come out of another room and she was now wearing one of her brightest smiles while approaching them, climbing a couple of steps that separated the huge living room from the hall. She was wearing a pink shirt under denim overalls, which underlined the gentle curve of her abdomen, and her hair was tied in as ponytail. She looked like a teenager and Sara wondered for the first time how old she was. She didn’t seem to be older than thirty.
“Sara! I’m so glad you accepted our invitation!” she exclaimed hugging her. Sara returned the hug with a smile.
“I hope we can find a cheap hotel as soon as possible.” Said Sara. “I don’t want to bother you for more than the necessary.”
“Don’t be silly, we’re happy to have you here,” Horatio intervened. “Otherwise we wouldn’t have suggested.”
Calleigh nodded laughing.
“You see? The boss has spoken.”
Sara felt comfortable and relaxed like she had never been. There was something in that atmosphere, in that house, in those people, that made her feel at home.
“Now, I guess you’re all tired and hungry,” Calleigh went on. “I’ll show you your rooms, so you can rest for a while, while I finish preparing the dinner.”
“I’ll go and feed the cats in the meantime.” Horatio announced, heading to the door on the opposite side of the living room.
“You have cats?” Sara asked, following Calleigh up to the stairs with Grissom.
“Yes,” Calleigh answered. “We have a male and a female, Bob and Bullet. Horatio gave them to me for our first six months of marriage. He thought he had the most surprising present, but I won.”
“What did you give him?” Grissom asked.
“My pregnancy test.” Said Calleigh with a grin.
A shocked look appeared on Grissom’s face.
“That’s more or less the same expression Horatio had that day.” Calleigh commented, stopping in front of a door. “Gil, this is your room. I’m sorry if it’s a little bare, but I haven’t had the time to think about it yet.”
When she opened the door, Sara thought it was a perfect guestroom, cosy and large, but it was clear that there wasn’t Calleigh’s southern touch in it.
“It’s even better than my own room.” Gil observed, entering and giving Calleigh a kind smile. “Thank you.”
“Make yourself comfortable.” Calleigh replied. “I’ll show Sara her room.”
Sara cast Grissom an enthusiastic glance, which he returned with a faint smile.
“Here you are.”
Sara turned and saw Calleigh standing in front of another door and reached her.
“This is going to be the baby’s room.” Calleigh explained, opening the door. “But for the next two weeks it will be yours.”
As Sara’s eyes explored the room. She wondered what it would look like once finished. It wasn’t the typical american nursery: the light green on the walls created a peaceful atmosphere and the white curtains of the big window were transparent enough to let some of the light of the sunset come to lie on the large bed right under it.
“Calleigh, it’s beautiful!” she breathed, looking around.
“It will be better when it’ll be finished, but it’s not that bad even now.” Calleigh said, going to the bed and flatting the already perfect coverlet. “I’m sure you’ll be fine in here.”
Sara nodded.
“I am, too.”
She could almost sense Calleigh’s feelings towards that room, and she wondered what it felt like to be waiting for you child to come and be a part of your life, to be carrying it inside you and dreaming of what it’ll look like. For the second time since she had arrived in Miami, Sara found herself envious of Calleigh.
“If everything’s alright, I’ll go and lay the table for dinner.” Calleigh said. “When you and Gil are ready you can come down and join me and Horatio in the back porch.”
“I’ll just wash my hands and get changed, then I’ll come and give you a hand.” Said Sara, taking her jacket off and throwing it on the bed.
“No, you won’t!” Calleigh admonished her, folding her arms. “You’re a guest, a convalescent guest, and I won’t let you lift a single finger.”
“Fine,” said Horatio, who had appeared on the doorstep. “So you’ll have company while I finish laying the table.”
Calleigh turned to him, an exasperated look on her face.
“Honey, you’re taking a ridiculous line on this.” She protested. “I’m not handicapped, I’m pregnant!”
“Whatever,” he replied in his calmest tone. “But I still won’t let you make efforts.”
“But laying the table is not an effort!”
Horatio smirked, blinking to her.
“If it is for Sara, it is also for you.”
“But-“
Horatio ignored Calleigh’s complaints and walked away, leaving her speechless with her jaw dropped.
A small laugh escaped from Sara’s lips, causing her wound to ache, but she just ignored the pain.
“He really loves you.”
Calleigh smiled, looking down at the floor.
“I know.” She said in a whisper, the she looked up again, still smiling. “Well, I’ll go downstairs and watch him laying the table. You take it easy.”
When Calleigh was gone, Sara closed the door and got undressed. There was a soft scent of flowers in the air. She decided she had the time to have a quick shower, so she opened her travel bag to take her towel, but when she looked inside it she saw it was full of man clothing.
“What the hell-?”
Then she realized that her bag had probably been confused with a similar one at the hotel, so she checked the label and read ‘Peter Monroe’. Definitely that was not hers.
She was about to call the hotel, when someone knocked on the door.
“Come in.” she said, sighing.
Calleigh’s blond head appeared from behind the door.
“Sorry for disturbing, I forgot to put the towels in your bathroom.”
“I think I’m going to need more than a towel.” She said, pointing at the open bag. Calleigh went next to her and peeked inside the bag, then looked up at her with a confused look.
“Let me guess,” she said. “The hotel messed with your luggage.”
“Yes.” Sara sighed. “All my clothes are who knows where.”
“I can lend you something,” Calleigh offered. “I have a lot of things I can’t wear anymore” and she pointed at her stomach. “But I’m sure they would look great on you.”
Sara seriously doubted that anything of Calleigh’s would look decent on her. Calleigh was petite and sexy, while she was a clumsy tall ordinary brunette. There was no way she could ever not look ridiculous in Calleigh’s clothes, but she had no alternative.
“Thank you.” She said at last.
Ten minutes later Sara was staring at herself in the mirror of Calleigh and Horatio’s bedroom. She wore a short green dress, since Calleigh’s trousers were too short for her, which perfectly fit her body, sinuously embracing her curves. On her feet there were a pair sandals that Calleigh had persuaded her to wear to match the dress.
“What did I tell you?” Calleigh exclaimed, admiring her. “You look perfect! Green is definitely your colour!”
In spite of herself, Sara had to admit she was right: the colour and the cut of the dress somehow made her look younger and her eyes looked brighter. She thought Calleigh had operated some kind of miracle on her.
“Let’s go downstairs now,” Calleigh said at last. “I think there’s someone who really deserves to see you.”
At that sentence, Sara felt her heart jump in her chest. What would Grissom think of her when he would see her like that?
Calleigh grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her out of the room with a mischievous expression on her face.
“Come on, we shouldn’t let our men wait any longer.”
Whatever was about to happen, Sara would soon find out.

TBC...

^^ thats not even right!! :lol: man that was so awesome!

i loved how cal said she would go "watch H laying the table" ya right, whatever cal... :lol:

please update soon, i am loving the H/cal moments, they make me want them to be married so much!!! and i really want to see what griss says! keep writing, this is awesome :)

Nice...makes me wanna go visit their home too! I wonder if there'll be something happening between them and Peter Monroe or P.M's just an 'excuse' for Sara to wear a green dress. :lol: I'm already guessing Grissom's reaction but who knows...it may not be what I think! Keep writing CDC!

After ages (I've had a little hiatus, haven't I?), here I am, back with another chap! I haven't re-read it yet, so I apologise in advance for any typing or other mistakes.

UNEXPECTED

“Here you are.”
Gil took the Martini Horatio was handing him and sat down with him on the sofa of the porch. The table was nicely laid and there were white candles burning among the dishes. Everything within those walls seemed to emanate the scent of the happiness of the two people who lived in there. He felt like he was invading their own space, profaning something that didn’t have anything to do with him, not even remotely, and yet he liked that comfortable atmosphere. As a scientist he didn’t know how to explain that, but he knew his place would never really feel like home like that house did.
“I’ve called the hotel,” Horatio said, sipping his drink. “They said Peter Monroe is still there. As soon as he comes back, they’ll call back, so you and Sara can go and take the right bag.”
“I wonder how they switched the bags.” Gil reflected. “These hotels are never reliable.”
“It’s a shame, isn’t it?”
Gil turned towards the large glass door and found Calleigh smiling at him. Next to her, a stunning Sara was standing gazing at the floor, her face hidden by the shadow of her hair.
Gil licked his lips, staring at her in awe. That girl was definitely Sara Sidle, but she didn’t look like Sara Sidle at all. She was wearing a green dress which he supposed to be Calleigh’s and it was unbelievable how a simple change of style could alter someone’s appearance so drastically. The cut of the dress made Sara look more feminine and her curves were more evident, and maybe it was also thanks to the stilettos she had on her feet.
There was one only word to describe her: she was gorgeous.
“Sara,” Horatio exclaimed, standing up from his chair. “You look wonderful.”
Sara gave him a shy smile, refusing to look up.
Calleigh grinned brightly.
“Yes, she does.”
Gil wanted to say something, but, to his horror, his brain didn’t seem to manage to put together a whole sensed sentence.
“Shall we start the dinner?” Calleigh suggested after a short pause, waving her hand towards the table.
“Great idea, honey.” Said Horatio and went to the table, imitated by Gil, who still couldn’t find anything to say.
Once everyone had made themselves comfortable, the plates were soon filled and the sound of the cutleries on the china plates echoed all around them.
Calleigh had prepared very simple dishes, but they were so good that Gil couldn’t help accepting a second taste of everything. He glanced at Sara, who was sitting next to him, eating her omelette with a serene expression, and thought she had never looked so beautiful.
He was sure the unusual light on her face was due to Calleigh’s contagious warmth. He had been surprised of how quickly the two girls had become close, especially because Sara rarely trusted someone, let alone a stranger, but now he was pleased to see the growing complicity between her and Calleigh. Sara needed a true friend and she had never really had one. Of course the guys at the lab were all crazy for her, but having a woman friend was completely different and Sara had never found a true support in Catherine.
“Gil, would you like some more salad?” Calleigh offered, helping herself with some of the salad.
Gil was full, but he didn’t want to disappoint her, besides he happened to like the fresh and healthy flavour of that salad, so he accepted.
“Do you want some?” he asked Sara.
She shook her head, smiling.
“I’m okay, thanks.”
His heart melted as her eyes met his. He hadn’t realized before how powerful she was over him.
“Save some room for my dessert.” Calleigh said, wiping her mouth. “I hope you two like chocolate as Horatio and I do.”
She turned to her husband and he laid a soft kiss on her forehead, placing his hand on hers.
“I love chocolate.” Sara stated.
Gil didn’t know what to say. The truth was that he couldn’t even remember when he had last eaten chocolate, but he assumed he would like it. Everybody liked chocolate.
“So do I.” he said at last.
“Fine.” Calleigh beamed. “Anyone wants coffee?”
Gil, Horatio and Sara nodded.
“God only knows how bad I want a coffee.” She sighed, standing up.
“Why don’t you have one?” Sara asked.
Calleigh smiled at her and looked down at her own abdomen, rubbing it with both her hands.
“Someone here wouldn’t be happy, wouldn’t we, little one?”
A pleasant sensation spread inside Gil’s chest, like when he had talked to Calleigh at the hospital. She seemed to have the natural power to make people love her.
“There’s the caffeine free coffee Alexx bought you last week.” Horatio intervened, but Calleigh grimaced.
“It has no taste.” She complained.
“Ok,” Horatio insisted. “What if I make you my special cappuccino, then? You won’t even notice it’s not real coffee.”
Before Calleigh could nod, he went to her and made her sit back on her chair.
“Now you stay here and relax while I go and make the coffee.”
“But-“
“Cal?”
“Sure, Handsome.”
“Very good.”
Gil watched him disappear beyond the living room. Horatio knew how to show his love to Calleigh. Why couldn’t he do that as well?
“I can’t stand him when he treats me like that.” Calleigh snorted, leaning on the backrest of the chair. “If you ever get knocked up,” she addressed to Sara. “Don’t ever let your man act like that.”
Gil saw Sara blush and for a moment he thought she has slightly turned to him. To his surprise, he found himself thinking of her with a baby in her arms and that simple image made him smile. As soon as he realized what he was thinking, he fought it back and went back to reality.
“He’s just doing his best to make sure you’re fine.” He said.
Calleigh looked up at him, a flattered expression on her face.
“Sometimes we care so much for the people we love that we unwillingly end up hurting them.”
Gil’s jaw dropped. Once again, Calleigh seemed to know much more than what she was supposed to.
“People just ignore how stupid and stubborn they can get, when it’s about love.”
Sara’s voice had sounded casual and nonchalant, but Gil had sensed something else in it, and he knew exactly what that was. she was forgiving him for all the things he had done to her through the years. he gave her a shy smile, which she openly returned.
“Sorry for the long wait,” announced Horatio walking in carrying a tray. “I had a special ordination to work on."
“Very funny, Mr Caine,” Calleigh snapped him. “I remind you you spontaneously offered to prepare my cappuccino, you don’t have any right to complain.”
“Good point, Mrs Caine.” He laid a large cup in front of her and handed Gil and Sara theirs, then sat back next t his wife with the last cup.
Gil watched him place his right arm on Calleigh’s shoulder and smile comfortably to her.
“I hope you like it, madam.”
Calleigh, who hadn’t touched the cappuccino yet, sank a finger in the milky foam and pointed it at his mouth.
“You tell me.”
Horatio closed his lips over the tip of Calleigh’s finger and savoured the milk.
“Mmm, compliments to the cook.” He commented with a quiet laugh.
They were a cute couple. It looked like the whole world could get happy just by watching them together. Gil wondered if he would ever be able to have such a beautiful relationship with Sara. It was one of the things he had secretly always wished, but he knew he and Sara were totally different from Horatio and Calleigh. Intimacy was a word that did not appear in Gil Grissom’s vocabulary.
“Griss, can you please pass me the sugar?”
Gil blinked, awakened from his own thoughts by Sara’s voice. She was faintly smiling at him, pointing at the sugar bowl in front of him.
“Uh, sure.” He mumbled, and handed it to her.
For a moment their fingers touched and they both blushed.
“Thank you.” Sara muttered, giving him a nervous smile.
Calleigh and Horatio seemed to busy with each other to care about them.
“You look nice.” He said, taking his cup to his mouth.
Sara’s expression remained rather blank, but she blushed again.
“It’s all thanks to Calleigh’s dress.”
Gil studied her for a while: she reminded him of the Sara Sidle he had met several years ago, the shy, distant young girl who had surprised him with her brilliant skills. More than fifteen years had past since them, and yet she was still there next to him, and he hardly could believe that.
“You’ve always been pretty.” He said in a whisper, without looking at her. “You just can’t see.”
This time Sara’s lips spread into a genuine smile, here eyes locked on her cup.
“This is the Gil Grissom I don’t know yet.” She said, then turned to him.
Gil thought he was going to die in that precise moment. She looked so beautiful and pure that he could hardly keep himself from kissing her.
“I think we’ll have to know hi together.” He responded. “Especially because he seems to come out just in your presence.”
He had never spoke like that to any woman and he still wasn’t sure about what he was saying. He assumed it must have been the effect of the Martini.
“Now slow down with the compliments, boss, or I might think you’re only trying to seduce me.”
Gil’s heart jumped as he heard the word ‘boss’ and apparently even Sara had realized what she had just said, because she immediately bent her head in embarrassment, her hands tightly closed around the cup.
“It’s ok,” he whispered, taking one of her hands in his. “It’s time for me to take a position and I’ve already made up my mind. I’m going to face this, Sara. I’m not running anymore.”
Sara looked unsure for a moment, but then raised her head and nodded.
“Ecklie’s going to be furious, you know…” she said gravely.
“I know.” He replied. “But is there anything we like more than making Ecklie furious?”
The both of them grinned at each other. Gil knew it was the only chance he had to make her happy and he wasn’t going to waste it.
“I just want some water, Horatio” Calleigh’s voice exclaimed.
She was standing a few staps away from the table, holing her cup. Horatio stood up in front of her.
“The doctor said you should rest and that’s what you’re going to do. I’ll fetch you the water.”
“I still can walk.” She protested. “And you can’t struck me on a chair for the next five months!”
“Of course I can, but I won’t.” he stated, placing his hands on his hips. “I just want you to avoid any effort for some days.”
“Our conceptions of ‘some’ might be slightly different.” She murmured, mocking his gesture.
“Whatever.” He said, leading to her seat. “Now shut you lovely mouth and go back sitting, please.”
Calleigh rolled her eyes, without being able to hide a small smile.
“Of course, Da-“
The loud sound of the china crashing on the floor made everyone turn to Calleigh, who was bent over herself, her arms wrapped around her stomach.
“Calleigh!” Horatio cried, catching her. “Calleigh, what’s up?”
“I-I don’t know.” She muttered, her eyes shut in pain. “It’s like a cramp, but… It hurts.”
“Horatio!” Gil exclaimed, approaching them with Sara. “We need to carry her to the hospital.”
“Everything’s going to be fine.” Sara said, helping Calleigh standing up.
Gil grabbed a petrified Horatio by his sleeve, attempting to make him react.
“Horatio, we must go now!” he repeated. “Your baby might be in danger.”

TBC...

Back