H/Cal, GSR - The two of them, the two of us

_Calleigh_

Coroner
Response to a challenge I read somewhere in this section...

Summary: Two CSIs from LV go to Miami to solve a case and meet the Miami Dade team. What happens when one of the guys finds himself very interested in the pretty stranger from Nevada? Luckily H and Calleigh are there to help.

Pairings: H/Cal (established); GSR (WIP)

Challenge:
1) GSR
2) A crossover between CSI and one or both spin offs.
3) A character from either Miami or NY must be attracted to Sara and she is somewhat interested.
4) Someone (maybe more than one) of the CSIs (any show) must be seriously hurt during the case.

Hope you'll like it! :D

THE TWO OF THEM, THE TWO OF US[/b]

“Have I ever said I hate Miami’s sun?” said Sara as she and Grissom walked out of the airport.
“Now you have.” Replied Grissom, glancing at the two people who stood in front of the Hummer parked right out of the exit. One of them was a red-headed tall man with a pair of sunglasses on his nose and a distinctive hung on his hip. The other one was a beautiful blonde with long hair which lay all over her back length. She had a distinctive too and, just like the man, she wore sunglasses.
The sun shone high in the blue sky and it was one of the hottest days she’d ever seen. She wasn’t used to all that light and heat and she was sure neither Grissom was.
“Remind me not to forget my sunglasses next time we take a vacation in Florida.” She pouted, covering her eyes with one hand.
“Hopefully we won’t have to come back here so soon… At least until none of our cases leads us here again.” He whispered, handing her his own sunglasses. “Now say hallo to our Miami friends.”
“Gil Grissom and Sara Sidle, I assume.” The man said, as Sara and Grissom faced them. The four of them shook hands.
“Flash and bones.” Grissom nodded. “And you must be Lieutenant Horatio Caine and…”
“Calleigh.” The girl introduced herself. Sara wasn’t sure she had understood her surname, because she had lingered on it, saying ‘Du’ at first and then simply adding ‘Caine’, so she guessed it must have been ‘Ducaine’ or something like that. She noticed she had a sweet friendly voice and a southern accent. She also noticed how pretty she was and she immediately glanced at Grissom to check if he had noticed that too, but apparently he hadn’t. She relaxed and let Calleigh help her putting the luggage inside the car.
“I think we can go, H.” Calleigh said, throwing to him the keys of the Hummer. He caught them with a warm smile and blinked.
“Sure, Beautiful.” He said, then turned to Sara and Grissom. “If you want to follow us, we are driving you to our lab and show you what we have found out.”
Sara tried to figure herself and Gil interacting so comfortably and flirting in such a professional way while on duty. It was likely to happen as it was to find Greg listening to classical music.
Grissom sat in the front next to Horatio and Sara followed Calleigh in the back. When every belt had been fastened, Horatio started the car and the radio turned automatically on.
On the way to the lab, Sara admired the view and couldn’t help thinking how different it was from Las Vegas.
“You’re not the sunny kind, are you?” Calleigh asked her.
Sara tried to smile, even though she felt a bit uncomfortable with that beautiful woman by her side. Now she had taken the sunglasses off, her huge green eyes shone like emeralds in the yellow daylight. She looked a lot like the kind of woman Grissom could be interested in, both physically and emotionally. He liked dangerous females and she had a gun. But the thing she was most concerned about was that he had a gun too, and she was sure he perfectly knew how to use it.
“I usually work at night and, you know, in Vegas it’s not exactly like here. Less natural light, more night life.”
“I’ve never been there.” Calleigh said, throwing her hair back. “But I think it’d be nice to go there, sooner or later. In my case, later.”
In that moment Sara noticed something glittering on her left hand. She looked again and she spotted an amazing white golden ring, on the top of which a big diamond was shining.
“It’s her birthday present.”
Horatio’s voice had interrupted her thoughts. Sara realized he was watching her in the rear-view mirror.
“An impressively handsome guy gave that to her some months ago.” He continued, glancing at a beaming Calleigh.
“Along with a marriage proposal.” She specified nonchalantly.
It was then that Sara caught Calleigh’s spontaneous gesture: she was running her hand over her slightly swollen stomach, smiling down at it dreamingly. Sara said nothing, but she felt a weird sensation somewhere around her heart. Something awfully similar to envy.
She repressed the feeling and focused her attention on the landscape outside the window. She just hoped they would soon close the case so that she could go back home and forget about her first Miami experience as soon as possible.
“Sara, are you okay?” Grissom asked. “You look-“
“Fine, Gil, thanks.” She answered, faking a wide smile. He lifted a brow.
“Uh, right.”
She knew he cared about her, but that wasn’t enough. She needed more than that, more then mere concern. Sara Sidle needed to be loved, and maybe, there in Miami, she was closer to that than she could imagine.

TBC...

I love is so far. I really love how you have two of my fave couple's in this story. Even though GS aren't together yet. I still get my H/C and that is really great. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Hi !!
Really brilliant idea that cross-over !!
You put my two favorit couples on your fiction !!
So great begining, it's so difficult to find interesting Horatio/Calleigh stories...and she is pregnant and married, great so great !!
I wonder who will be attracted to Sara ? Eric, Ryan ? Hope Grissom will be jealous !!
More please
Megara1

Here's the second chappy. It hasn't been beta read yet, so there may be some grammar and spell mistakes. Sorry in advance ;)

CO-WORKERS

The first impression Sara had about the Miami Dade Lab was that it looked much more warm than the one where she and Grissom worked.
As she followed the two colleagues down the corridor, she noticed that Grissom looked very interested. She was so concentrated on her own thoughts that she barely noticed that Horatio and Calleigh had stopped in front of a room and were now talking to someone with Grissom.
She managed to cast a look over Calleigh’s shoulder and for one second she was stunned by what she saw: a tall and very charming young man stood in the room, wearing a white sleeveless t-shirt and a pair of jeans. When he lifted his eyes on her, shaking hands with Grissom, she suddenly realized she was staring at him so she immediately turn away, feeling her cheeks blushing.
“Sara, this is Eric Delko.” Horatio said, introducing her to the other CSI. “He’s going to work on the case with us.”
“Nice to meet you.” He said smiling at her. When their hands met, Sara felt his warm skin against the cold of hers and a shiver ran down her spine.
“Nice to meet you.” She replied, trying to sound natural and calm, but she was afraid she had miserably failed, since Grissom was studying her as though she had just done something inappropriate.
“Eric, you can show Sara the crime scene, while Calleigh and I discuss with Gil about what they have found in Las Vegas, ok?” Horatio added.
Sara noticed that Grissom’s expression had darkened, but maybe it was just an impression.
“Sure H.” Eric said, then turned to Sara. “You ready?”
She smiled brightly and nodded.
“See you later, Griss.”
He looked at her but didn’t say a thing. Sara could feel his eyes following her while she and Eric were heading to the parking lot and wondered why he was acting like that. He usually did that when he was angry with her, but she was quite sure there was no good reason now for him to be like that, so she just decided to forget about it and concentrate on solving the case.
Grissom couldn’t be jealous…. Or could he?
“It’s the first time you come to Miami, isn’t it?” Eric asked her as they went out the building.
Sara wondered how evident it was, since he seemed to know the answer better than her.
“Does it show?”
He opened the door of the Hummer for her, shrugging.
“Not that much.” He said. “But you have something that makes you look like a cat… It must be something in the way you walk… I got the impression you’re more a night creature.”
Sara watched him getting into the car. Was he flirting? No, of course he wasn’t. they’d known each other just for some minutes and, damn, he was one of the hottest guys she’d ever seen. There was no possible way he was flirting with her. Definitely he wasn’t.
They took half an hour to get to the crime scene. It was a small apartment in the suburbs and it looked like no human or animal could ever live there: the floor was covered with dust and empty bottles and the furniture consisted in one only chair in the middle of the living room and a coffee table.
“Wow!” Sara exclaimed, watching around. “Impressive. I guess whoever lived in here was not exactly a happy housewife with the hobby of needlework.”
Eric laughed.
“Nobody has been living here for months. The victim was a twentythree-year-old showgirl and we still don’t know how she got here. We found her lying next to the table with three stabs in the abdomen.”
Sara walked towards the area indicated by Eric and confronted it with the pictures he had given her.
“She was supine.” She noted. “And according to her clothes she wasn’t the kind of girl who habitually frequents places like this.”
The girl in the pictures was dressed up very elegantly and the watch she had around her left wrist was expensive enough to buy the whole apartment. Long blood stains covered the front of her white dress.
“She was from Las Vegas.” Eric said, approaching her. “She had been living here for a couple of years. Apparently she was going to leave the night she was killed.”
“And her baggage was sent back home without her.” Sara completed with a sigh, kneeling down. “Luckily the metal detector of the airport scanned the presence of the knife hidden in one of her bags.”
She stood up again and looked at him, her hands on her hips.
“Obviously the murderer hoped we wouldn’t find it there, but he forgot about the extra checkings due to terrorism.”
“And, above all, he forgot about us.” He added.
She turned to him smiling and saw that he was smiling too. She had to admit that maybe the next few days in Miami wouldn’t be that bad, after all.
“You said she was found here…” Sara said thoughtfully pointing at the floor. “Do you have any clue why she was supine?”
Eric gave her a questioning look.
“I mean, the stains on the dress show she was standing when she was stabbed. Generally when someone is stabbed in the abdomen they have the impulse to bent over themselves and wrap their arms around the wounded zone.” She explained.
Eric listened interested.
“This girl didn’t get the chance to do that, so I suppose her murderer caught her before she fell on the ground.” She went on.
“So, whoever killed her, felt sorry for her.” He said. “And he or she laid her body and turend her face towards the wall feeling regretful and went away right after that. Someone she knew, perhaps… A friend or a boyfriend, maybe.”
Sara nodded with a grin.
“Couldn’t have said it better.”
Eric grinned back at her.
“Let’s go and do some research.”

CalleighDuCaine, I liked it. I can't wait to see what happens next. So Eric is going to be the one Sara finds herself interested in huh? It sounds interesting. Please post more soon. I hope the next chapter has some H/C moments in it.

Ohh, Sara and Eric. The pairings are so unexpected! I like such surprises. Keep up the writing! :D :D.

What's with Grissom? :lol:.

Hi !!
Great new part, the murder story is also well written !!
So Sara and Eric...totally unexcepted..I imagine more her with Ryan...but maybe he is too young !!
Megara1

Hey CD what a great story! Hmm...I thought Sara's interested in Gil and now Eric comes in? So where does Gil stand now? Is he attracted to Sara? I bet Eric's interested in Sara too. And wow, Calleigh's married and already pregnant? Funny when she said 'DuCaine' :lol:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks everyone! :D

OUTER HAPPINESS

Grissom wasn’t good at dealing with people, nor he was used to dealing with them out of the professional relationship. And now there he was, sitting at a table with the happiest couple he had ever met: Horatio sat next to his wife, keeping his hand on her shoulder and regarding her as she was the most beautiful and precious thing in the world. There was nothing unprofessional in their gestures, but there was some kind of intimacy that could only remind him of one only person, the same person who had left the lab several minutes earlier with another man. Gil couldn’t stand the idea she was alone with him somewhere he didn’t know, away from his sight. The only thought made his skin crawl.
“The crime scene was so bare and messy that we couldn’t find any finger print nor any significant piece of evidence,” Horatio was saying. “The only thing we found was a coloured contact lens, but it had already been contaminated by the dust on the floor, so it was impossible to extract a DNA sample from it.”
He sighed, reading the report of the case.
“We have nothing but a bloody knife and a contact lens. It’s going to be a tough case.”
“Let’s just hope Eric and Sara have had better luck with the inspection,” Calleigh said, gently rubbing her own neck. “That girl looks rather sharp, I’m sure she’ll be helpful to Eric. A second check is always worth and maybe her eyes will notice something which has escaped him.”
Grissom watched Horatio stand up and start massaging her shoulders.
“Honey, you and the baby need some rest, why don’t you go home and relax for a while?” he whispered to her. “I promise to call you if anything interesting turns out.”
Calleigh stood up and cupped one of his cheeks with one hand, stroking it softly with her thumb.
“Thank you, sweetheart. I’ll be back in a few hours, anyways. Do you need anything from home?”
“I’m fine,” he said smiling. “Just go and get some sleep, Gil and I can do without you.”
She dropped a kiss on his lips and turned to Grissom with a smile.
“See you later, then,” she replied, then grabbed her jacket and walked out the door.
“Lovely girl,” Grissom commented as soon as she disappeared behind the corner of the corridor.
Horatio grinned proudly, placing his hands on his hips.
“Yeah, she’s really special. I’m lucky she chose me. I thank God every day for what I’ve been given.”
Grissom couldn’t help thinking Horatio was indeed very lucky; he had a beautiful young woman by his side, he had married her and apparently they were expecting a child. A weak voice from a remote corner of his mind was whispering to him that he could have all those things too, but he refused to listen to it and the effort proved much more difficult than he had expected.
“Do we have a list of the last few people who met the victim?” he asked, wanting to change the topic.
Horatio opened one of the folders scattered on the table and lent him a page.
“These are the last ten people who met Christina Sherman. According to what we know, one of the last ones is her sister Alicia, who saw her four days ago at the night club where Christina worked.”
Grissom run his eyes over the names and furrowed his brows.
“John Doe?” he read, casting Horatio an inquiring look.
“Funny coincidence, isn’t it?” He explained. “He worked as a waiter in the same club as the victim. Some witnesses declared he was with her the day she quit her job. Some of the other girls who work there say they had been dating for some weeks. They left together that evening.”
“That makes him our first suspect,” Gil stated.
“Not exactly,” Horatio replied. “He was with a woman when Christina was murdered. She has already confirmed and so did the owner of the motel where they went. It is miles away from the crime scene.”
Grissom took off his glasses and snorted in disappointment.
“The old sex alibi.”
“Yeah,” Horatio nodded. “We had some communication difficulties, because she could speak only some east European language, but she recognized him by the pictures we showed her.”
“Who would go with another woman having such a pretty girlfriend?” Grissom wondered. Horatio looked up inquiringly.
“I guess someone who has a very big sex appetite.”
Grissom smirked.
“Or something to hide.”

TBC...

Oh Griss is going figure it all out before too long. lol. I loved the H/Cal scene. It was so cute how H was worried about Cal and the baby. Please update soon CD.

That kind of interaction between H and Cal...you'll never see that on CSI:M :lol: You're giving us a treat CD! :D

Back