H/Cal #5 - DuCaine...Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by SpeedsDaughter, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

Hey CSIloverZed!
    Love the fic, can't wait to read more:).

Thanks for adding 'The Letters!' to your favourite story list:thumbsup::thumbsup:. I'm sure GunWolf2008 will be also happy to hear it as she wrote it;). There are some more from this author i'll be putting up soon:cool:.

Our werewolf stories are still being written, and i'll tell you this now, GunWolf2008 has more guts then me!:guffaw: You'll know what i mean when it's up:guffaw:

Here's the link to GinWolf2008's story: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4176399/1/The_Letters

2. CSIloverZed

CSIloverZed Hit and Run

Thank you guys for all your kind words and support!!Love ya!!

CSI Ballistics thanks for the review!!! And Wolfca, your welcome, I just loved the story!

The next chapter will most likely be posted later to day or on Sunday

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

In the scene from Ambush when she says she has his back she put her hand on his arm, when it aired though you couldn't really see the "touch"( the camera focused higher) but in the screencaps, you can see she has her hand on his arm. Look at Miamirocks' avi.:)

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I don't remember if I've ever posted here:confused: anywy I just wanted to say that even if I'm not a Ducainer I loved their interaction in this two-part episode.
    It's exactly what I missed in "SYG". I'll explain it.
    I've always seen like H and Calleigh being very good friend with him being her mentor...and her being the first class alumn:p.
    He may be dinstact but when you touch one of his CSI he can be very dangerous especially if you touch his Calleigh.....plus he can show so well his concernment.
    In "Going Under" I loved their scene when he first arrived. You can see he was truely concerned...and their dialougue one of the best ever;)
    SYG was the most disappointing episode ever for me...especially for the lack of interaction between the two...ok there's the triangle Calleigh/Eric/Jake but the complete absence of interaction really disappointed me.

Now in both "Ambush" and "All in" we have interaction and wow....such a good interaction.
    In "Ambsuh" I loved that scene with H being extradiated and Calleigh telling him she would do evertying to resolve Newberry's case. I loved also the fact she touched his arm (althought it wasn't that obvious because of the camera focus)...I appreciated it. Plus both their faces while they're leaving were pierceless.
    "All in"....well I loved it cause it showed the true aim of Ducaine....being there for eachother. Calleigh was there when he was extradiated and he was there for her. He discovered all the clues she was living....and he was there during the poker game at the end (obviously with the other).
    Plus the line "if anything happens to my CSI this will be your last week on hearth" was pierceless.
    During the poker game...also the fact he permitted Calleigh to smack down the guy and to hold the gun against him at the end was lovely...he showed he wanted Calleigh to put the word "end" to that day.
    Than obviously he took the distances....but well I liked it...because although he wasn't there console her with Eric...he was there observing like a mentor...like Calleigh always considered him to be.
    So no probelm for our Ducaine cause they're coming back probably not like s1 or s2....but like s3...which is perfect..I mean in s1, s2 there was too Ducaine (although I liked it). S3 was perfect and to me it perfectly showed the Ducaine aim of the show.....and I'm glad they're coming back cause I really missed them.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Your so sweet, FLO! :p
    That is exactly what I miss in this entire show....the consistancy of individual characters & the connections they have with each other. Note to TPTB.... stop playing around w/it!!!!!! They've put so much significance in each characters relationships, whether its friendship, love, family...whatever. Stop jacking around with it, it was working just fine. Its ....how should I put it? Retarded & unnatural!!!!
    At least Ducaine is back & still strong!!!! They just need to work on some other things that are inconsistant;):evil:
    Im just hoping they have figured out a way to go around EP & DC's schedule conflict & that we won't have to suffer through another dreadful season of no Ducaine scenes. Then I'll be ready to rant once again.:)
    For now....happy happy shipper I am.:)

6. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

Okay, we've all seen Ambush and All In, now follow this link alla bout horatio for something we all love: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatio_Caine (Read the last paragraph:drool:)

CSIloverZed - Your welcome and *shh* I didn't say this but GunWolf2008 has a sequel planned for 'The Letters!', it's a secret:censored::guffaw:!

As i said earlier about the ending of 'All In' if Eric and Calleigh are an item, he'd have kissed her, but he didn't so DuCaine is still there

7. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Oh wow, Wolfca - nice find! I hope the writers read that part!!! I mean, I guess if you were watching the episode w/out knowing about the writers trying to write for the E/C thing, you'd see how deeply moved H was by Cal's kidnapping. That whole paragraph says it all - it's good to know others are seeing it, too.

Here it is, from Horatio Caine's wikipedia page :)

:eek: :drool: :bolian:

I like the mention of H watching the bad guys and the Hummer pull away - I really think H was watching, standing guard over Calleigh there. and it's true - H was connecting to Cal in a way none of the others could. Every clue connected from her to him, and he figured it out every step of the way. He may not have said anything to her, but I think it was written all over his face: he would've been devestated if she had died.

If you haven't seen that part of the wiki, check it out :) Made my day! I hope TPTB see that - you could just see love written all over H and Cal's faces throughout the two-parter. It was pure DuCaine and sooo good to see them back in action!

OH, nice fanfics everybody. I'm actually working on a short one to fill in the "All In" blanks. Not to give too much away, but definitely check out the scene where Cal is being dragged down the tunnel, just before the "poker table" scene - look at her face after she says "What do you need me for?" Pause it - you can see she recognizes something, or SOMEONE, in the shadows, and then she looks up. She immediately looks back ahead again, and notice how startled she is when Seth hands her her badge - like she was distracted by something, or someone. You have to slow the scene down, but it's worth checking out.

My theory - she saw H in the shadows of the tunnel, and she was surprised to see him. That's why she didn't look as shocked during the "poker table" scene (although she was surprised) - she already KNEW Horatio was there in the shadows. He had to be hiding in the tunnel b/c that's where he came from to sneak up behind Seth. So I think they made eye contact very briefly in that tunnel - just a theory ;)

Anyway I think Emily Procter and David Caruso ROCK as actors - they're both so awesome at conveying emotions, and I'm so happy they were able to play off each other in this two-parter, if only briefly. We definitely need more scenes w/them :)

8. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

hello all :)

im a new DuCaine fan....i used to only watch the CSI-new York and im a Dan/Linds fan but a month ago i saw one Miami ep in my gym and fell in love with DuCaine immediately.

It was an ep from which season i do not know but there was this guy on the top of a building that was just killing people with a rifle for no apparent reason...and Horatio with Calleigh were working this case together and were so great!!!!!!and whne at the end he told her to consider a transport to Swat teams? (dont know the term :p ) and she said she doesnt look good in black and he told her "I beg to differ"!!!!......i instantly melted....such a cute guy...and the look....and the way they worked this case together...was so great!!!!

can u guys tell me which season this ep is?i want to download it!!!

anyhow...i just love Ducaine and that is what i want to say!:thumbsup:

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That is so cool!!! Thanks for sharing the link.:p
    Yes, I am totally giddy now.
    Welcome DIMS, I suck at those early seasons but Im sure one of the others here can help ya out. That was one of the best Ducaine moments of all...check out Under Suspicion from S4 & from S3 Lost son, you'll be giddy all over:drool:!!!

Its so nice to hear when others can see the Ducaine love that we can.
    BTW, entering The Home Depot today I spotted an outdoor grill w/ the brand name DuCane. Ducaine seems to be everywhere, haha love it. I must buy one now;)

10. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

No problem, i've always got an eye open for things like that;):lol:.

I think one of the reasons H didn't say anything to Calleigh was he didn't really have a lot of time to himself from when he got back from Brazil to think over what had happened there. I'm sure later on that day or maybe next episode he'll tell her. The poor guy was busy and hadn't even had a break from it all till the end, by then it was too late to say anything as Calleigh had gone home.

Welcome Dims! The episode you're after is season 1 - Kill Zone. Also feature's the best 2 line's ever!

Horatio: So what do you get when a six-foot-tall man lays down with a three-
    foot-long rifle?
    Calleigh: Hot flashes. But that's just me.

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

OMG that link is sooooo perfect!!!
    And WOW I've noticed the same thing....I really think she caught H staying there..but she was smart enough to not make it so clear;).
    This is such a good sign for the old Ducaine style:)
    Emily Procter and David Caruso were awesome in this episode....and in my opinion they should share more scenes together...cause together they're perfection ;)

12. CSI Ballistics

CSI Ballistics Victim

Hi, Dims! & WELCOME! The episode you saw was Kill Zone, season 1 episode 9, like Wolfca already said. ;) miamirocks, I'll definitely check for it! ;) NEGATIVE's finished now & I wanna put it online, but where do I have to put it? I can't even find POSITIVE on the site anymore. *ashamed*

there are so many quotes that I think are just wonderful. =) like:

*1:
    Calleigh: Do you believe her story?
    Horatio: I don't know, I guess it depends on whether you like men dress up in your underwear or not.
    Calleigh: Personally ... Leather chaps, nothing else. *wiggles her eyebrows
    Okay. That was a joke.
    Horatio: I know.
    (sorry, guys, but I also think that's the one and only quote in which you can see it was just acted. The way how David said it seemed to show he already knew what she was going to say, it seemed a very unnatural tone to me)

*2:
    Horatio: So what do you get when a six-foot-tall man lays down with a three-foot-long rifle?
    Calleigh: Hot flashes. But that's just me.
    (alright. I'll give you that, that was a wonderful one) :)

*3:
    Horatio: Have you ever considered a transfer to SWAT?
    Calleigh: I don't look good in all black.
    Horatio: I beg to differ.

*4: (to Hank Kerner)
    Uh-uh, there are two ways this goes down and either way, you're dropping the gun.

*5: (to Hank Kerner)
    Kerner: This ain't over, bitch.
    I don't quite remember what she said but it was something like this:
    "Y'know what, Hank, maybe that's your problem. Even if you silence me, there'll step someone right into my place. And there's the evidence and it has its own voice and it keeps saying over and over: you. You and your bullets. Oh, and by the way, where you're going, I think you're gonna be the bitch."
    HILARIOUS! :)

the ones of Lost Son were so sad! :( I always have to cry when I see it again. *ashamed* like when Cal knew that Speed's weapon had misfired because he hadn't cleaned it ...
    Calleigh: Is there anything I need to know about the shooting?
    Horatio: well, uh, a lot of confusion.
    Calleigh: And?
    Horatio: And... Speed... may have had to look at his gun.

& the one in the locker-room :scream: I can't stop crying when I see it. *ashamed*

I have thought a whole 'scenario' for All In => I think it wouldn't have been inappropriate if:
    Calleigh had just smacked the guy down and when he's away, she had looked at Horatio and he had looked back at her, with a very meaningful look that meant like:
    'Horatio, I'm so glad you're back, I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't come back'
    'Calleigh, I'm so glad you're alright, I don't know what I woul've done if something had happend to you'
    I guess it wouldn't have been inappropriate if she then had burried her head in her hands and then in Horatio's chest. Hey, it was the first time she saw him since he left for Brazil, she didn't know a thing! He could have been dead or badly injured or something, but he's just there to save her. She had to discover if he were alright or not. If H just had smiled understandingly and had laid one hand on her waist or back, to give in to the 'hug' without doing anyhing else, it would have been so beautiful!

*sigh*

But it just didn't happen and I am afraid it never will. *sigh* So, I just let it happen in my stories. ;) and in my stories, there happens way more than only a hug! ;)

xx

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ya know I hadn't thought about that in All In. The last Calleigh knew was Horatio leaving for Brazil & then when she saw just Eric, Ryan & Frank at the poker table, Horatio appeared out of nowhere & put the gun against the guys head...Calleigh must have been relieved to hear H's voice!!! He ended up having her back the whole time. YAY DUCAINE!! Way to stand up for your gal, H!:thumbsup:

14. Wolfca

Wolfca Prime Suspect

CSI Ballistics - I've heard of those stories on fanfiction.net where i am:thumbsup:. Unfortuanately haven't had much time reading any these days as i'm busy with 2 of my own:rolleyes:.

Hey, is it me or has HCrazy been incredibly quiet:confused:. Where are ya girl?

15. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

I wouldn't worry about Hcrazy - She's probably trying to adjust to the sudden stream of returning DuCainers by writing lovely fanfiction and making her incredible manips. :)

I love that theory of yours miamirocks - It's quite probable.

You know, I was thinking... what do you think Horatio would have done if those guys HAD killed Calleigh? ;)

DuCaine is BACK, better than ever and just as HOT!!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008