H/Cal #5 - DuCaine...Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Hey Gals,

I am HERE!!!;)

Just trying to deal with an unbelievable cold that just won't go away... GO AWAY!!!:scream:

The Day this Episode took place I was in the ER yelling at the docs to get me the hell out of there... CSI:Miami Was on in a few hours!!!:guffaw: This is a true story I swear!!! Oh and Yes, they released me...:rolleyes: They knew it would be holy hell if they didn't!:lol:

So yes, I love our DuCaine... Hey The Truth... I never had any DOUBT!!! I believed and like Emily said in one of her interviews. David and her have great chemistry and have a blast doing scenes together. I save that video for my site of course, if Y'all want to see it.:drool: She also mentioned that there would be more H&C to come.:p:p:p

Miami Rocks... Thanks for the PM... I read that and Have to say GREAT! I do get many spoilers thrown my way but do we know who wrote that??? I for one think it may be a PURE DuCainer!!!:guffaw: But I love it all the same.

Wolfca... Thanks my friend, I am still here, just moving around slowly. Even my FF is suffering. I am behind one week.:rolleyes:

Speedsdaughter... Hey, Yes I did work on a few things here and there. I will put this one up for all too see as I have not yet posted it in the wall section yet. I can't remember the last time I was over there.

Anyway, I am as happy as all of you! Our DuCaine is back and we had to deal with not seeing them together for too long. I do believe this made it even better. Its just like the title of the thread says!!! "Absence makes the heart grow fonder INDEED!" HELL YEAHHHHHHHH!:thumbsup:

DuCaine Baby! DuCaine Baby! DuCaine Baby! Okay, lets all gather round and do the DuCaine Dance!:guffaw:

I think the writers did an excellent job on this episodes and Ambush has to be my all round fav for this season. I Loved the emotion, excitement, mystery and alligator lady. I am also worried that Kyle will end up blaming Horatio for everything that is about to go down.:( I hope TPTB give us more of this excitement.

Heck...Just keep giving us DuCaine... as my Muse runs away with itself!:drool: Can you feel the FLUFF!!!:drool:

Oop's I almost forgot....

To see the small manip of H&C, head over to the manip thread please. ;)

HCrazy

Last edited:
Yay you're back!

I hate colds too. And it was nice of them to let you out:lol:

I'm now heading to your site to check those vids out.

I wouldn't worry to much about your fics, mine are in a far worse state:guffaw:. Lets say my muse crossed with another and it won't go back:guffaw:

SpeedsDaughter. I just don't wanna think about it what would have happened then. ;) but I guess Horatio wouldn't have been that kind to her killer, like he hadn't been with Speed's. I guess he would have been so MAD and devastated to catch the killer and to get him punished as hard as could be. this can be only my opinion, but I guess he would have killed him like he did with Marisol's. Horatio has changed through the season, I guess the Mala Noche guys actually were the very first people, except Riaz, he shot down 'without' reason. I can't really explain it, but maybe you know what I mean? He has 'killed' people before, but only out of self-defence. And he didn't murder Riaz when he caught him the first time. I can't explain it and I am not going to try it again. ;) I am pretty sure he would have been MAD, VERY MAD

BYE!

Hey Hcrazy - good to see you back :) Hope you're feeling better!

I'm totally hoping this "kidnapping" thing will be a continuing storyline for Cal - so H can eventually enter in and say something. I really wonder what happened between the "take down" and the end scene - Cal must've been surprised and relieved to see Horatio, and she must've found out that he was the one who found/interpretted all her clues :) There is such an obvious bond of affection between these two - I hope we get more, b/c it's just saw awesome. :bolian:

Some people I know who casually watch the show have brought up to me the scene in "Ambush" - where Cal tells H they'll hold down the fort, etc. So even casual watchers seemed to really like that scene - it was just very touching, especially Cal's "look back" - so much was left unresolved after that two-parter, and I think it needs to be aired out somehow, hopefully soon! ;)

Speedsdaughter — You know, I think Horatio was thinking through the whole episode about what he would do if Cal died - he really seemed like he was trying to prepare himself. I think there was a lot behind his visit to Julia — I really feel like H was starting to lose hope that Cal was alive, and felt somewhat helpless, so he tried to protect those he could. That look after he threatened Ron — they cut away kinda quick, but you can see the sadness and regret in H's eyes. I also thought his reaction in the warehouse was interesting – the way he recoiled when he first saw the body. It's like he didn't want to believe it, despite the fact that he was trying to prepare himself for it. In the end, if it had come down to Cal dying, I think we might've actually seen Horatio shed a tear :(

DC did a great job of conveying emotions in "All In," and this was a very clever way to connect H and Cal even though they never actually shared a scene. I felt the connection through the whole ep., and I hope that comes back in later shows.

Glad there's so many great fanfics being worked on here. I was really inspired by "All In" to make another video — this time to the song "The Scientist" by Cold Play. I know EDeN fans have a vid to this song, but when I heard it I thought it was sooo perfect for that episode and for our DuCaine. Maybe we can share it? ;)

(Ohh - woops my bad - welcome to the thread Dims - good to see another DuCaine fan around here :) Definitely check out Season 3's "Under the Influence" and Season 4's "Under Suspicion" - both GREAT DuCaine eps :) Season 2's "The Best Defense" also was wonderful - H really stepped up for Cal, and there was a lot of great tension there ;) Just some suggestions :) )

Last edited:
Both episodes I think touched base w/ emotion in everyone in some subtle way even w/ Horatio's story, we had Calleigh concerned , Natalia making comment to Eric about H getting Kyle back,Ryan's concern for Calleigh showed, & even in All In when h came back, I loved the look & expression on Eric's face when he said "im just glad he is back". It was almost sad cause I think Eric is afraid of losing anyone & everyone close to him. For that matter, the whole team could be feeling it as well. I think it showed how "tight" they all are & that was the best of both epis for me. The Ducaine was an added bonus & a much needed scene for us.
In any case , if any of them had to face losing another member of the team, it would devistate them all, but H & Calleigh have a very special bond, they've been side by side for so long, I couldn't even imagine how Horatio would handle it. I would only suggest that he might have the biggest break down we would ever see in Horatio Caine.
But, that aint gonna happen cause Calleigh is alive & well & Ducaine is good to go so YIPEE!! think happy thoughts!!:p

HCRAZY, glad to hear your feeling better & MIAMIROCKS....of course you can share "the scientist" w/ Ducaine!!!:)

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the well wishes... you gals are the best!!!;)

We have to wait 2 weeks for the next new episode.... I am having withdrawl again! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Real nice... they give us H&C and now take them away for 2 whole weeks! :scream: C'mon......... :lol: Okay, I guess I have to go write more for more story, I am a bit behind right now.:rolleyes:

Ohh DuCaine goodness. I can't wait for more and I am already upset the season is almost over... And they just came back!!!:wtf::lol: Okay... so my meds are making me a bit Crazy right now! And this is new?:lol:

Thanks again everyone and lets all hope for more great DuCaine scenes.:thumbsup:

HCrazy

Hey everyone! :) Wow, we don't get another episode next week? :confused: Awww... I hope the writers don't think we forgot about the last two eps and what happened!

Well, hopefully we will be getting some DuCaine back on screen in the remaining eps. However, to hold everyone over, the new CSI:Miami novel just came out by Donn Cortez (have I mentioned how much I LOVE this man's writing? He completely understands the characters and their relationships, and there's no "scheduling conflicts" to deter him ;) )

Anyway the paperback is called "Cut & Run," and Amazon has an excerpt of it up on their website. I saw part of it and was like, HOLY DUCAINE! :) There's a really cute scene in the excerpt w/H, Cal and Alexx - I don't know how many times I can say this, but the writers NEED TO HIRE DONN CORTEZ - STAT! Here's the excerpt:

Horatio glanced up as a silver Humvee parked at the edge of the barricade. Calleigh Duquesne, dressed in black slacks and a white silk blouse, got out of the driver's seat. She gave them a cheerful wave as she grabbed her CSI kit from the back. "Ms. Duquesne," said Horatio. "Glad you could join us."
"You know how badly this has traffic backed up?" Calleigh said as she strolled up with a smile on her face. "Even with the flashers on, it took forever. Like playing hopscotch for fifteen miles using one leg."
"I know," said Alexx. "And all the looky-loos slowing down to stare doesn't help." She glared at a Jeep full of college-age kids crawling past, all of them straining for a glimpse of possible carnage.
"Death is the great mystery, Alexx," said Horatio. "You can't really blame people for their curiosity."
"No," said Calleigh, "but we can charge admission."
Horatio dipped his head and peered at her over the rims of his sunglasses.
"Taxes," said Calleigh. "The public pays them, we collect our salaries, do our job, and come up with answers. The public may be clueless...but we aren't."
"No, we're not," Horatio agreed. "As a matter of fact, I have a whole basket full of them, just for you."
"Why, thank you, Horatio. You're so thoughtful..."
AWWW!:eek::p Now there's the Horatio and Calleigh we know and love! Playful, funny flirty - it's sooo perfect :) We need to see this on-screen - please? :)

Also, I'm in the middle of making that "All In" vid, and I was just wondering if anyone knew of any "DuCaine" moments that aren't as well-known. So basically, aside from eps like "Camp Fear," "Kill Zone," "Lost Son," "Under the Influence," "Under Suspicion," etc, what other moments are there that people may've forgotten about? I just wanted to try and make it a little different, and show lesser-known, but equally compelling scenes - any suggestions? :)

Hmm, might just have to have a look at that book.

Oh and head over to the manip page. Created another one of my captions

OMG!!!!
I totally need to get the book!!! Is it out now?? :eek::drool:

Why wait 2 weeks to put out a new CSI: Miami?? All I know is that it's called 'To Kill A Predator' no summery yet though. Wonder if it has DuCaine scenes...:cool: :lol:

~Zed :cool:

Hey Everyone!:lol:

Wolfca I can't wait for your new staory to come out!!!!*squeals* It looks so good!!!:drool::drool::drool:
And love the new caption, it was really funny!:guffaw:

CathStokes love the icons on your site, there so cute!

thanks CSILoverZed for your comments on the promo pics of the up coming stories:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. Give me a couple of days and they'll be a video trailer as well. Aren't i kind to you all;).

HCrazy the vid has got bigger from the rough draft i sent to you and thanks for your help and ideas!:thumbsup:

OMG!!!!!!:scream::scream::scream:

I can't not wait for the new story!!!!!!! It looks so cool!!!! *jumps up and down*

Back