"Grissom's Divine Comedy" Discussion *SPOILERS*

^Heck, it could have been Teri Miller, Sofia, Lady Heather, Judi Miller, Ronnie, Maddie, Catherine, or, I guess Sara.

The possibilities are endless.

Quite so, vegaslights.

The call could have even been Brass, Nick, Greg, Super Dave, Dic Robbins, Archie, Bobby D, Hodges, Wendy, Mandy, or day shift calling to check on something.

I got a idea, how about this, there is nobody on the phone. Everybody have opinion on their own. No argue there, it just show. It could be Catherine, Sara, or other women or could be his mother, I don't know if she passed on or not.

O/T If I remember correctly some year ago, I use to watch soap, they interview some actor and they ask him, who is his character talking to on the phone and he said, nobody at the other end. I can't remember this actor's name, he is well know on the soap on Guiding Light.

It's not arguing, it's debating. That's the nice thing about this board many people can voice opinions and discuss, without being told that they are wrong or jumped on for having a different side.

Obviously someone called the phone or it wouldn't have rung, and if an actual person wasn't on the other end of the line than they were using tv magic. But in the relm of of character that called him, like vegaslights said, the possibilites are endless. Until the identity of the caller id is shown anyone can be the caller, thus the grandness of speculation.

I must interject here. I highly doubt it was his mother on the other end. Remember that his mother was deaf and he would not be able to talk to his mother that easily on the phone and he would probably use a TDD machine or a special operator to communicate with her.

I thought it was great, goes right to the top of the 'My favourite eps' pile for this year (and maybe the last 2 years!).

A real nice return after the strike. Good story, a few twists, lots of proper 'CSI-ing' (thats a real term you know ;) ), and I really liked the ADA character. And something a bit different two, with the Griss at home angle. I really thought it was good, loads of little interesting parts to it - the kind of episode you can watch over and over and spot little things you missed.

I thought it was good they cut the Cath - Gil scene - cos we got best of both worlds - they released it so we can see it, but didn't put it in the show. But we got some really good scenes with Gil - ADA and Gil - Brass, which fit the story better. So I think the show worked well without it. The tease at the end with the phonecall was better. Leave them poor GSR-ers (another real term) hanging for a bit longer ;) Again - best of both worlds, we got a hint, but nothing certain.

Oh, and how perfect that Bruno / Hank got the last 'word' before the opening credits :lol: And I must say, the boy's a natural, just like his 'dad'.

Totally agreed. I loved that they left it ambiguous about who was on the phone at the end. I have my own feelings about it, but I thought it was cool to leave it to audience interpretation. And, judging by the amount of talk about it, it had the desired effect: debate. Good episode, IMHO.

Okay I confess it was me who was on the other end of the phone. And that is all I can say because the conversation was very personal.

Has anyone else noticed the SERIOUS difference in Grissom's townhouse- and sadly I'm not talking about any affect Sara had on it. I'm talkin-well, it's not the same house in The Strip Strangler and Burden of Proof. As sad as it is that I am analyzing this, I take comfort in the fact that it took me this long to realize it. Ok, ok, so it nagged the back of my brain before I finally looked it up. ANYWAY- There are many examples if you go to a site like http://beyond-imagination.org/index.php or http://billypetersen.com/TheGallery/index.php. so I won't take the space here. Check out the walls and different floor levels, at the very least.

i don't think they are trying to make out it's the same place. Its totally different. Its an apartment not a townhouse. People move ;)

Just a quick comment.

Did anyone else think that when Catherine took the photo of the road for Grissom, you know, the one with a rather pleasant rear view of Warrick; that she was going to set it as the wallpaper before she sent it to him?

Just a thought :lol:

Yoshi - I thought she might have been enjoying that view a bit! LOL

The other thing I noticed was how brown Grissonm's hair was....

Overall I thought the episode was pretty good.

Back