Grissom & Sara #32: With Every Beat of My Heart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

Re: Grissom & Sara #32: With Every Beat of My Heart

Hey, I got out of bed at 6 am for watching this episode...the writers simply acknowledged that :lol:

I know I'm not exactly creative but OMG was that last scene sweet. When that DDA started hitting on him ("You're an enabler or my soulmate") I just thought, nope that position has been taken for a loooong time. And cut, and who calls him? Soulmate-brain-fusion at its best
    I wonder what she told him to make him chuckle...

I just love CSI for how understatedly they weave GSR into the episodes, without long monologues or explicit scenes...mere 8 seconds screen time, Grissom relaxing on the couch and one "Hi" that had me melted instantly conveyed the state of their relationship better than Catherine grilling him.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

[​IMG] I agree with you all, great ending, with Sara calling him, keeping it alive, and I as well will have "sweet dreams" she's coming back, and another women enamored with him that Maddie, who the hell is she?, and the 'soumate' comment, go away, I don't think so. [she was good though, in this role]... and him with his sly grin, and NO comment back as always like with all the other women who've crossed his path, the one who has his heart and soul is ~~~SARA~~~ sorry ladies, he's taken:drool: he looked so handsome, with his kinda of messy hair... and his dog so sweet looking up at his face, and Grissom cooking soup:lol:`so great to see a new episode:thumbsup:

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

the episode was great. the case was interesting, grissom's apartment was awesome, and the flu was hilarous (although in grissom's case i was more concerned than amused). i liked the dynamic between the DA lady and grissom. they seem like good old friends rather than ex's. i don't think she was flirting with him much, but being more of a Catherine-like friend.

i just realized that Grissom has way more female friends. aside from Brass and maybe Warrick, all other people he is close to are women. Cath, Heather, the DA chick just to name a few from the top of my head. and all of them seem a lot closer than Brass even.

anyway, i'm not very happy with the fact that the scene with Cath was cut, but the last 30 seconds of the ep compensate the loss. people, we got proof that they didn't break up. how great is that? *grins*

after the letter i was pretty convinced that she broke up with him, only to come back to him later. it's such great news that they 1) are still together, 2) are in good relations e.i. they are not angry at each other, 3) they DO talk on the phone, and 4)they like it!

now with billy coming back next season i'm 100% certain we will have a nice reunion. yay!

ETA:

btw, who thinks that this particular folder on grissom's email looks interesting? planning a trip to SF maybe?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  4. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Woo hoo! Grissom wasn't surprised at all about the phone call, and he was settling in for a nice long conversation. Like they talk all the time :)
    Did anyone else think the reading upside down remark was a reference to Sara?
    And good eye Adz. I looked at that shot last night trying to see if any of the emails were from Sara. Alas, none from Sara, but I missed the travel folder!

5. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I was thinking, maybe the Forensics Academy conference is up again...
    would be their 10th anniversary (according to Grissom's timeline at least). I'd love to get a reference to that in an upcoming episode. Just him telling the team he'll be at a conference in SF; and everyone just thinking "Yeah, right, conference"

6. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

Well, no matter how it happens, we know a GSR reunion is coming. Yes, we may have to wait to SEE it until next season, but it's coming. I still think they are married.

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

thanks seattle. i keep wondering if there is already anything in works when it comes to the GSR storyline. it's hard to believe but the writers spend probably more time analyzing it than we do. and even though Jorja is not coming back until next year, GSR feels a ton more secure after that tiny little scene in the end of GDC.

so i'm relieved GSR is implied to be alive and well. although an angst-w***e in me wants more drama, i feel it's been rocky enough for now. i wonder if there will be anything else GSR-y this season.

on the other hand i wouldn't be surprised if TPTB gave us a scene in the finale, still without Sara, but implying her comeback that would follow shortly after the screen goes black, or in the S9 premiere. e.i. ... a cliffhanger. i'd die of impatience.

8. seattlegsrfan

I think there was such a huge outpouring of support and so many expressions of dismay when JF left the show, that TPTB now realize that they have to keep Sara's story-line alive, even without having JF there to portray the character. I think the remaining episodes will be liberally sprinkled with very subtle Sara references and GSRisms. Hopefully they will use Sara, and if she's returning, as the big 'cliffhanger' for the summer hiatus.

Look at it this way, the summer break will be a little shorter than the writers strike, won't it?

9. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

I agree with you! I feel like we'll either know Sara is back during the season finale, or we'll see a quick shot of her before the end.
    Either way, I am happy.
    GSR is alive and well!

10. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I want to write more on last night's moment and episode, but I'm under the gun at work. I posted this at another board, so I hope this will suffice on my take on the final scene for now:

I have to say, just seeing him smile makes me quiver with joy. I just loved how the scene was shot, too, like we were the weight of the world on his shoulders, to see him from almost above, trying to massage away the worries. He sighs, defeated from the day and the chaos of his life, desperate for tranquility.

The phone rings again, and after all the other chaos, he figures he should have known peace was beyond what he's allowed in life. He picks up the phone, but a glance at the caller ID causes him pause. This is someone he actually wants to talk to, who he feels does not add to his burden, and that's a huge deal. That's a really big deal.

He leans back, settling in, content to not move for a while. Everyone else has dragged him around, moved him, pushed him, made him do things for them, but for this moment, he doesn't have to change. He doesn't have to pretend to be well or be anything other that himself because the voice on the other end belongs to the woman he loves.

Just the relaxed, "Hey" followed by the chuckle as he settles back and the camera pulls away. It feels like he's floating now, and we're floating with him.

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

beautifully said Al. you know how i love when you interpret GSR scenes :)

anyway, i have just seen a clip of Gunshy on YouTube, the very beginning of the movie. i have never seen the film but when it got to the part where Billy's character catches his girlfriend with another guy having sex, i cracked up to no end.

who played the ambitious role of the guy in bed? well, none other than Christopher Weihl, who all we know as ... Hank. lmao

now that's a coincidence.

12. seattlegsrfan

Well said Alyssa.
    I wish you could write fiction, you'd be great.
    I must admit, as a dyed in the wool GSR shipper I feel much better today. I know TPTB could've given us more, but what they gave us was very nice.
    And really right in line with GSR over the duration of the show, very understated, which is what we usually get.
    We really should feel complimented. TPTB know we're intelligent enough to twig to their subtleties, they realize they don't have to hit us over the head with it.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes it is, and on the phone call, he usually raises his sexy eyebrow if it's Ecklie or the Sheriff, and ignores the call.. or says "Grissom" in this case he smiled, and we knew. I just wished he had of said "Sara, how are you, wait till I tell you about the case I just worked on" or something to that effect. Or I'm sick hack-hack-cough cough:scream:maybe she'd come back sooner:thumbsup: Think about this, he just signed back for S/9, and she stated on her KTLA interview, "I'm coming back, I just can't say when or how" add it up:)

LAB LOVE[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  14. mslakerz43

mslakerz43 Dead on Arrival

Alright quick post.....I loved the episode it was a great mix of humor and a good case. The lil DDA was a bit annoying and in the end when she called him Gilbert I got defensive, only one person calls him Gilbert and thats Sara..."Hello Gilbert" Anyhooo point 2 whatever interview that was CM said we'd get a better picture of how the GSR works now that Sara is away and we got that he does his longgggg day at work and he comes home and they talk on the phone and do them. Anyone who has ever had a long distance relationship can relate. Lastly, how does everyone just know where Griss lives and feels entitled to stop by where were all these srop in visits when sara was there?

15. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

It has been too long since I've been here.
    whew.

Well, hello to everyone who I feel I've ditched since I haven't been here since Sara left. I pretty much stopped watching the new episodes, but I caught a glimpse of what was going to happen on the episode that aired last night and decided to watch it, (I read that Catherine would go snooping in Grissom's house, I was definitely going to watch it ;] ) Anyway, I didn't mind that the deleted scene was well.. deleted since it was replaced with the one we got at the end :]

"Reading upside down is a gift." - said by Grissom in Grissom's Divine Comedy.

"It's a gift.. reading upside down." - said by Sara in Alter Boys, I believe.

I squeed at that part, cause I watched that episode the other day so it was fresh in my mind.

It better have been Sara who called. I actually had a discussion with someone after watching the episode about it. He was trying to tell me that "No.. it's not her.. you just want to think it is." Pfft. Of course it is her, you donut.

Her stuff is still there.
    He thinks she's coming back.
    And Grissom knows all. :]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.