Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down...But Not With a Mustang

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by chocolate_bunnys, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

Re: Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down...But Not With a Mustan

i think it was, but it was cute! lol. i totally agree with what you said. it leaves a lot to the imagination, so we're not burnt out, so to speak, on hhot monkey sex! lol
    [qoute]If they were snogging every other episode, we wouldn't get so excited over a comment like "I won't wait up". We'd just be thinking, "well that's nice for a change, I'm getting a bit tired of seeing what happens when she DOES wait up".

[/QUOTE] that made me laugh so hard!

i'm the worlds worst procrastinator, especially now that i've found csi, gsr, and this site (among others). wish i had your initiative brookie. i think i said that to you already, lol. must mean i really mean it

2. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I go AWWW, everytime I watch one of their scenes together now.

3. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

For most people it's not unusual to go "AWW" at something, but I was just never that kind of person. I also never used to be the kind of person who would get addicted to a ship or a charcter or actress. I always thought it was stupid to get a crush on a celebrity. Obviously I don't think that anymore, lol.

GSRfanatic25 did you just call me brookie, or was that a typo? Lol, it made me laugh. Brookie, haha, don't think anyone's ever called me that.

4. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I was never that kind of person either. I started to watch CSI when I was at the stage where I liked romance movies. That started me on the track of being a Sara/Nick shipper and eventually a GSR shipper.

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

so today at work i was thinking how grissom would react to sara's death. basically i highly doubt he would go into hysteria or start loudly crying in front of everybody or even if left alone.

but i can very much imagine him making this Painful!Grissom face and shredding some tears without letting his face give away too much. in the way that if you didn't see the tears you wouldn't realize he was crying. i can see him just looking down, or even closing his eyes.

somehow i feel that it would be so much more emotional and strong than a full blown crying session. i mean, it would be probably one of the most emotional moments not only on CSI but also on TV. and i believe that Billy is capable to play it perfectly. i remember watching Kiss The Sky and his character, Jeff, was crying in one of the last scenes of the movie. and let me tell you, he can play a crying scene very well, although Grissom would be completely different than Jeff.

on the other hand i have to disagree with Alyssa on one thing. i definitely prefer Sara to survive than to see Grissom cry. i'd hate to see him so broken. i think it could mark a start of the storyline that would allow Grissom to be written off the show.

6. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

I wish Grissom could be like Jeff on screen for just one scene ;) haha. I guess I'll just have to watch that scene and pretend I'm watching CSI.

I just think if Sara did die we would see a side of Grissom we have never seen. And that is good because people do evolve and it is relating to the only person he's ever loved. I mean he did get pretty involved with some case i.e. Gentle, Gentle, Friends and loves... but those were more cases of anger rather than loss. I just have so much faith in WP to show this sorrow in a way that only Grissom would act.

I have been going back in forth of how if there is a point where Grissom is the one to find Sara and she is alive, what kind of exchange they will have. Obviously its not going to be like, "Hey honey, you still want pasta for dinner" but more of like the looks and how Grissom will respond. Will he hug her? Kiss her head? Hand? CPR? Scream for paramedics? Cry?

Oh the possibilities.

I guess we wont have to wait that long to find out what will happen but I need something to keep my mind busy for the next 7 days.

7. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Adz! Gina! My Loves!

Disagreements are welcome, Adz, firstly. That's what I love about discussion! We're all allowed to have our own opinions!

As for Gil reacting to Sara's death, I'm definitely with you, Adz in that I do not want to see him sobbing uncontrollably while Catherine tries to hold him back from Sara's limp body.

I would really love to see him silently crying. There could even be a brilliant shot with him sitting there, tears pouring down his face, but trying to maintain his cool, and behind him the team watches, knowing they can't say anything, knowing that they're powerless.

I definitely don't want to see Grissom lying prostrate screaming "WHY!?" into the sky. But, I do want to see him feel the loss of the love of his life.

See, I don't mind setting up Sara dying for Gil to exit the show because I really hope this is the last season. I know that everyone else would love the show to go on and on as long as possible, but I'm starting to worry that topping season 7 is going to be incredibly difficult, and I wouldn't mind GSR going out with a bang.

Please, hear me out, but feel free to lay claim to a different opinion. See, I want a great story-arc for GSR rather than a drawn-out, incomplete one. On "Star Trek: Voyager," though everyone got home, Neelix had the best overall arc. We watched him come on the ship as a manipulative creature, tricking the crew into saving his two-year-old girlfriend. We watched him lose Kes. We watched him come face to face with Jetrel, the monster who carried out genocide on his people. We watched Neelix grow into a mentor, friend, and teacher... and when Voyager was starting to not need him as much, he found a home in a colony of his own kind who were struggling and in need of someone with a vision. That's the kind of story-arc I want for GSR. I want it to be something that shows depth and development and growth, and that carries a sense of permanence.

I do believe that can be achieved through Sara's death if done right, though I would rather see a complete season of Gil and Sara's relationship in the open, and watching how that changes things, as well. But, in the end, I want to feel for GSR what I just felt typing out Neelix's arc.

I mean, Neelix was my least favourite character on the show, but his legacy and his story-arc is so monumental, so well though-out, and just so incredibly beautiful that I'm unable to turn away. I want that for GSR.

I did not like Sara first season, but she grew to become my favourite character. She has had an amazing arc, thus far. We watched her come in as this exuberant youth, filled with wonder and an almost unreasonable drive to please and to accomplish great things.

We watched her sit awake for hours, pouring through missing reports, digging deeper into the rabit hole in the quest to give one poor woman her identity back. It was beautiful and poetic, but terribly draining on our dear Sara. We saw her grew powerful enough to tell Gil Grissom to his face that she wanted to be with him, and she didn't fall apart when he told her he was absolutely clueless.

We saw her grow into a woman who cared more about her friends than the job, and who finally began to let go of her past as she reached out to the man sitting across from her. (And I'll get to Gil's side of that equation in a moment).

We saw Sara move from being a student, to an equal with Gil. We saw them become friends and eventually transition into lovers. We saw her filled with glee and joy, and we saw her struggle when he tainted her perfect dream... And we saw her loving him, trying to understand him, but also carrying out her work.

She's grown so much... and as she's been growing, Gil has risen up to meet her.

When she first came, he was fun and crazy, but he didn't want that type of attachment. Then, as his ache grew inside of him, he turned away, other problems crept up, such as his hearing issues. He focused on that, turned away from Sara's offer, and got lost in his own little world.

Then, in one moment, he stepped up and things changed. When he showed up at her door in "Nesting Dolls" he was taking a stand, not only for Sara, but for their relationship. He wanted an answer, and not for professional reasons. He wanted to know about Sara. He wanted to understand, and for the first time, when she gave him and out, he didn't take it. He pressed forward, and when the time came, he closed the distance between them.

That's part of what is so gorgeous about that moment when he reaches across to grasp her hand... It's Gil closing the distance. It's always been Sara in the past. She came from San Fransisco. She tried to reach out. She tried to make the advances and to follow him around the lab. In this moment, when she needs someone, he reaches out to her and closes the distance, and whether or not they got together soon after that, it was a turning point in their relationship and his life.

He was stepping up to the plate, and as they grew into lovers, he became more obsessed with her than with the lab. Instead of picking apart bodies and sorting and sifting through evidence, he wanted to explore her and to be with her, and to love her. He never said it outright to her that we saw, but he loves her, and we know it.

Now, he's no longer work-obsessed, but solely focused on retrieving his love. The final scene in "Living Doll" showed us that. He shaked the crap out of that girl like a rag doll. He was focused only on getting his woman back, only on finding Sara. I haven't seen him that venomous since Paul Milander got away... It's this anger that wells up inside of him...

So, with all that, with all they've built to, I think they need an epic end, and I'm not closed off to that end resulting in her death and his silent tears.

However, if they get to live happily ever after, I'd love that, too. I think that's more challenging, though, and I can only hope that TPTB can rise to the occassion.

And... no more writing for me.... :)

8. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

damn alyssa...
    well, you've got a fantastic read on their relationship/characters. one of the best i've heard (read)
    i really don't want it to end in her death, as i'm sure most of us here don't, but iunderstand the desire for a good, dare-i-say meaty ending to this arc. i think they could pull that off without killing her, but you never know....
    they can't make everyone happy, and i have to accept that i guess.
    sobbing grissom would be creepy, and unrealistic. crying, silent grissom would be more like it. i can see him maybe holding her hand (if she's pronounced dead) and kissing it, or kissing her forehead...with the team behind him w/ their silent tears. except maybe cath, cause she's a woman, and greg... cause he's greg...

but i really don't want to think about that, cause now it's going to be with me all day....*sigh*

only seven days, good gracious
    can't wait to see living doll again tonight

and brookesidle, i did call you brookie. i love nicky names like that, lol. a nick name for your nick name!

these two characters have grown and evovled, right to each other. hopefully they've got a little more in them to finish up nicely.
    and i hope that the series is ending soonish, though it'll make me sad not to have it. because it seems we might be getting to the point where they writers are pulling at straws for good storylines... and trying too hard to get more, and keep their, viewers!

that's all till school's over

love to the GSRers!!

9. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

No offence alyssa, but i didnt enjoy that post at all. i know we cant make everybody happy, but i find the coming seasons are always better than the last. because it's still a mystery and weather i like it or not the show is about the cases and forensics not nessisarily the characters personal lives. i am a gsr fan and love seeing them both grow, but i will never watch the show in the same way again if Sara is killed. shes my favorite character i love how brutaly honest she is about everything, its kind of a relief that the team knows cause now the possibilites are endless. :) sending all my love to the dediated GSR and Sara Sidle fans!!!!! i know, i CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL TONIGHT FOR LIVING DOLL, ITS STILL 12 HOURS AWAY :(

10. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

I agree. I don't think I could watch if they killed off Sara. I don't watch either of the other CSI's, I only watch Las Vegas, but it would be too...well, wrong without Sara. Yes, I think that WP COULD play it very well, but I don't want to see it. If he played that scene in a movie, well good, you can watch that to see his acting prowess. I think that the show would drop in quality without the character Sara Sidle, whether or not there is/was GSR. Obviously, all are free to agree/disagree with me, but I don't think the show would be nearly as good without any one of them. It wasn't as good without Gil during his sabbatical. I think that THE greatest part of CSI is the interaction of the characters.

11. zappy

zappy Hit and Run

Jorja Sara. is by far my favorite on the show an while I love
    GSR I like Sara more an I just would not be able to watch any more if she was not part of it. for me it's like there's a big hole in the show when she's not in an epi I just don't enjoy it .

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

And that's the beauty of us all having differing opinions. :) I absolutely adore Sara, and she is my favourite character, as well!

And, character-wise, I didn't mind the sabbatical taking Gil away for a bit. :) I think he grew a lot during that time away from Sara.

And, in one week, we'll all be discussing and dissecting every bit of the season opener, and it's going to be grand! And all this speculation will be at a moot point and no longer necessary.

Ok, back to the old discussion, if we may: What level of affection do we expect to see if Gil and Sara are reunited? Personally, I don't know that a kiss would be appropriate at the very first moment, but I'd kill for a cheek brush, or a hand hold. I think there COULD be opportunity for a kiss, but I really don't want to see Gil drop to his knees over a battered and bruised Sara and start covering her with kisses. Seems a little OOC. LOL.

What about you guys!? What level of affection are you hoping to get to see in this premiere!?

13. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

Well I personally want full on, clothes ripping off, make out, reunion............just kidding.

Given the state they could possibly find Sara in, Id want it to be very subtle with a lot of meaning, just like their relationship. I believe that it could be pulled off so beautifully by these actors. For some reason I really want it to be Grissom by himself finding her so they can have a moment together, followed by the team running up seeing the 2 together.

That is of course if she is found alive.

I am still all for a flashback scene. Im secretly praying that we can see Grissom thinking back to his last time with Sara. I think it could be a potentially cute scene, but also heartbreaking seeing Grissom struggle. I think that will crush my heart is so see Gil really struggling. The end of Living Doll really set us up for an emotional rollercoaster with Grissom shaking Natalie pleading with her to give up the location. Which is on tonight for anyone who needs to refresh and prepare for the premiere.

I am just so excited because this episode is what we have been waiting for. Grissom to let his emotions run wild because of the only person he has ever loved. Its so fricken exciting!!!!

One week. I cant believe that we are actually down to one week. Its amazing. I survived the summer.

Sometimes I would go back and look at the GSR scenes from this past season and I have to stop and think, they are really together. This is really happening. They are sitting on a bed, so comfortable, with their dog just chatting about a movie like its an everyday thing. And then I think that this is the same guy that couldn't even put together a sentence when it came to them. AHhhhhhh it so beautiful.

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

actually i fear that there won't be much time left in the episode for a lot of post-ordeal GSR, if she lives. how many times were we all hyped up that there's gonna be some insane amount of GSR in the upcoming ep, and there was, like, a pint.

so ya know, they need to find her first, rescue her, IF she lives get her to hospital, show the emotional impact the whole thing had on the team, then the team asking Grissom/talking about GSR, also some continuance to Natalie's story etc. and there is only 43 minutes to show all of this. will there be any time left for lots of GSR? i know there will be some for sure, but if a lot? dunno.

btw, wasn't A La Cart supposed to be called Aftermath but they changed it? i wouldn't be surprised if we got more GSR in the ALC ya know. flashbacked or not.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm with JoraFoxFan and bengali on your ideas..and as said before all the FANS on here are awesome! and on another positive note,
    is in the S/8 promo. pics. would she be, if they were snuffing her out? I think not
    .. and if she is off, I don't think I'd be that interested in a show, who built up this relationship for 7 years, only to end it so horribly, doesn't make sense. what would have been the point? it'll be cool to watch the "LIVING DOLL' again, Billy Petersen's acting 'incredible' the range of his emotions when interogating freak-show Natalie "Hi, Natalie, I liked your work" all calm, cool and collected, to full on rage "Tell me where Sara is" he's sensational[​IMG]

[​IMG] our couple in their element, with each other![​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.