Grissom & Sara #30: Pin Me Down...But Not With a Mustang

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by chocolate_bunnys, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

That could be poetically beautiful, though, for Grissom to wear a tux to Sara's funeral. That'd just be touching, the most beautiful wedding ever.

I've never thought that Grissom and Sara were anti-marriage, but I never thought they were completely driven towards it, either. However, I do think Grissom asking would kinda give Sara a sense of security in the relationship that she lost. Because, he is a traditionalist in some ways, and I believe that would be one. Sara thinks that if you have to go outside of marriage for happiness, you're in trouble. Therefore, she does think there can be happiness in marriage.

I mean, the way she was so quick to make sure Grissom knew she wasn't anti-marriage told me that she's keeping her options open where that's concerned, and doesn't want to close that door completely. I think, if he asked, she'd consent to a tiny little marriage in a courthouse (or in some random woman's house like my mom did... dragged me and my brother and my stepsiblings into this officiary's house and got married in her living room!).

So, I can see them getting married, just them and a witness... maybe Brass... or maybe someone like Sara's brother... or just a random janito.... Strike that... No janitors at their wedding. But, you get the point.

I can't see them doing a big white dress, bouquet wedding, though I could see him bringing her a wrist corsage to wear, and her beaming like an idiot as she stands there in a simple, plain dress with her hair in curls, and him in a suit. No tux. He wouldn't bother renting one, but he'd show her respect by wearing a nice suit. And it'd be intimate, and quiet, and they'd have it in their hearts.

Also, the legal benefits of being "the husband." And, if one of them ever gets a job at a pizzeria, pizza discounts!

Anyway, I don't think they're closed off to the idea, personally. But, I do think they'd have a very private ceremony if it happened. And I can't even see him making a HUGE deal out of the proposal. Just... sweetness.

2. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

eggy, i second bengali's request

and i know i printed three parts to casa caliente, didn't realize there were eleven... maybe i'm mistaken, i'll have to search. i have a very bad filing system, they're all stacked in a duffel bag in my floor

and alyssa, what scene are you talking about in your spoiler box?

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah Al, i agree. but let me be more precise: i think they could be anti-wedding but not necessarily anti-marriage. cuz what else the wedding is than showing each other and everybody around that you're very much in love? while Grissom has a trouble telling Sara how he feels when they're alone, i just can't imagine him proposing and having a wedding, even if there is one or two other people present.

besides, wouldn't it be kinda rude not to invite their friends to it? okay, if nobody knew about them, but now? they're exposed. i doubt they would be able to hide a marriage from everybody.

but maybe i'm wrong, especially after Sara's kidnapping. if she lives, he may revise his priorities and, well, change.

4. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

My mom and stepdad got married with just us four kids present. That's it. No parents. No siblings. That's it. So, the others MIGHT consider it rude, but Warrick did it for goodness sake! LOL! And being Grissom and Sara, I think the others would understand it more, and maybe Catherine and Sara would go out for drinks the week of the wedding and just chat and have a little girl time and reminisce about weddings, and Cath might say she wishes she'd have done it the way Sara is (if it ever happened).

LOL. I'm not trying to push for a GSR wedding by any means, but I think there's a way to do it without making it a production. LOL. And, I think the others would definitely not be as annoyed with Gris and Sara as they were with Warrick when he got married without any of them there. I could even see all of them out to eat a few days after the wedding, and Greg making a goofy toast about them, to which Gris and Sara get a little uncomfortable, but are ultimately pleased to be with such great friends.

Boy, my imagination is running away with me, today! LOL! We're still waiting for the premiere and to see what happens... and here I am planning their maybe wedding. This is what happens when you get married within two months of two of your friends and another JUST got engaged last week. Hahaha. :)

It's at the very beginning of the promo with the voice over. Grissom is staring out, and everyone thinks they see Sara's shadow or a coyote or something, but I really think it's as simple as him watching the rain, and it's playing across his face like tear drops. But, I'm sentimental like that. :)

5. GSRfanatic25

lol, i love all your lil scenarious Al
    what they said about GSR concluding made me think one of two things, a marriage or a death. since i really think she's going to live, at least past episode one, i think that a marriage may very well be on the books. how else could it *conclude* so quickly? i dunno, maybe i'm an optimist...
    rashomana really made me think she would be up for marriage w/ gil, the way she corrected nick so quickly...
    maybe i'm an optimist
    i'll have to watch the promo again, i guess i missed the scene youre talking about

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i think it all depends how Grissom and Sara are going to change after her ordeal and how is the team going to react to their relationship. is Ecklie going to find out and do something about it? will they still work together? and most importantly, will she live?

i have to say one thing. seeing how scarce GSR we're getting, comparing it to other shows, i doubt TPTB would ever decide on a wedding. heck, after 7 seasons they haven't even touched, hugged or kissed. maybe the premiere will change that, but even though i understand the pro-marriage reasoning (and it does make sense), i still doubt it will ever happen on this show.

7. GSRfanatic25

i know exactly what you're talking about adzix, i was watching shipper videos from ny and miami, and teh canon relationships on there seem to get a lot more action than our lovely geeks. i wish tptb would put some of that into our show
    thought i can only imagine the reaction of the die hard froensic fans out there to something like a kiss or a wedding...lol

8. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

So all I say is wedding and the whole crowd is off and running. I said he'd see a flashback of a wedding they had already had. Maybe in a quiet wedding chapel, you know like they have every 50 feet in VEGAS? I still just like to think of them as already married, because I'm a hopeless romantic. I think after her life and all it's chaos, that marriage is something she would DEFINITELY want/need for herself. My husband had a very rough upbringing and even though we lived together for a few years first, we knew we would get married because he needed to know that he had that stability in his life to be at peace inside. I just think that Sara might feel the same way. And yes, she did correct Nick to say she wasn't against marriage, so I think she was not only open to it, that she wanted one (and we all know with whom she wanted it).
    BTW thanks for the link Turts :D You rock my bare feet! :lol:

9. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

I don't think that they are already married, but I do think that (if Sara survives) they will eventually. I can't remember who was talking about this, but I can totally see her just coming to work with a wedding ring one day or to a crime scene and her vest says 'Grissom'. I hope that if they do get marrried, we at least get to see a flashback of it. For some strange reason I just really want to see Sara in a dress. Not a big fancy one, it doesn't even have to be white, but as much as I love how 'unfeminine' (I can't think of the right word for what I'm thinking, but I think you all know what I mean.) she is, I think it would be nice to see her in something a little more girly.
    Anyway, especially after Sara's kidnapping, I think that Grissom at least will want to get married.

10. GSRfanatic25

i totally agree brooke. and i like the idea... it seems logical, the way this show likes the eleemte of surprise, that she just show up. i LOLed at the thought of her in a Grissom vest. that would be awesome. i want to see some sort of ceremony if they do, just to have that image, you know... *hopeless romantic*

11. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

I think she'd prefer the term tom boyish or sporty to unfeminine, but whatever. Yeah I love that idea, her coming in with Grissom on her vest, Cath can be all like, "Didn't you have a clean one of your own?" and she can smile and say "Yeah, I'm wearing it" :lol:

12. GSRfanatic25

omg, that would be hilarous
    i think tomboyish is a good term... she's just very understated as far a style goes, simple, comfy, what have you
    but she looks damn good in a dress, lol

13. BrookeSidle

BrookeSidle Rookie

Ok, then, from now on I'll use tom boyish. I felt really mean calling her unfeminine and it's not really true, but I just couldn't think of the word I wanted to use. The vest and ring ideas were something I read somewhere else. I think it was when I was checking out YTDAW to see what the site was like, I've never been there before. But yeah, that would be hilarious.

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Congratulation on your number 30. I didn't vote for that one, but who care, along it fine with me. We are number 30, all right. I'm thinking getting a new banner for my multi-shippers.

15. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Boy you guys have been busy little bees while I was at work today. I was looking at that TV Guide picture last week to see if Grissom was wearing a ring, swear to God.
    Had a CSI moment at work today. One of my customers stopped me while I was taking her order & said she was hard of hearing, so I stopped writing in my ticket book & looked directly at her while I asked her questions about her order. When I brought out the food she said she really appreciated the way I handled her hearing problem & didn't talk at her really loud. I thought to myself "I learned that from Grissom".
    Also I've recently started reading a bit of GSR fiction, if anyone is sending messages about good ones can you add me to the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.