Grissom & Sara # 28: To heart's and eyes' delight

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Re: Grissom & Sara #28: To heart's and eyes' delight

ADZ!!!! *pounces* Welcome back!!!

AL I love your analysis. You and MissDee dissect episodes with the expertise of skilful surgeons. Props.

I couldn't agree more. I've read a fair amount of criticism over how the relationship was revealed - some are dissatisfied that he didn't tell the team that he and Sara were dating, etc. But, to me, this could not have been more perfect. "I took away the only person she ever loved, so she's going to do the same to me" - I mean, it's all there, isn't it. Not only does Grissom love Sara, she's THE ONLY PERSON HE'S EVER LOVED. And that is HUGE.

I absolutely love how WP talked about this in the Early Show interview - its the thing Grissom has been coming to terms with all season - he loves someone. For a person who values his own privacy, who for the most part spends his life inside his own head, who remained an enigma for so many years, to love someone the way he loves Sara takes some getting use to. And the beautiful thing is, is that Sara understands that, she doesn't push and she doesn't judge him. She knows who he is and loves him because of that, and in spite of his flaws. She could have thrown a hissy-fit when he went on sabbatical - she didn't (she was sad-of course she was-but she didn't throw a fit or make a scene or fight with him over it). She could have blown up at him over LH - again, she was upset, but she told him to do what he had to do. That shows a level of understanding and commitment that I think is the reason their relationship works, and has worked for these past (I say two) years.

I went off in a tangent there, didn't I... :lol: Anyway, back to WP - Grissom is just putting this all together in his head. We see the pieces fall into place and he articulates them as they are moving around, and he really gave the sense of him talking to himself. The others aren't in the room with him, he's just thinking out loud. And I love the fact that they didn't have time to react. Because really, when time is running out and Sara could be dead, or dying, really what kind of reaction would have been appropriate. It's all moot until Sara is found - alive.

I'm trying to be optimistic with regards to the resolution of the story. I hope with everything in me that Sara makes it through alive. I bring with me the baggage of previous ships, almost all of which have suffered CDs - Angel&Cordy, Willow&Tara, Xena&Gabby. I hope this turns out differently, but I'm preparing for the worst, just in case.

I've always said that if things go belly up, I won't stick around to bitterly complain about it. GSR isn't the main reason for me watching CSI (I will probably continue to watch the show if Sara dies - I'll see how I feel and how the loss of my favourite character affects my view pleasure and whatever) but my activity in the fandom is pretty much solely based around the ship (I ship other (slash) pairings on the show too, but I don't have as much to contribute to those as I do here) So if Sara dies, I will most likely not be around next season. But the way I look at it, we had a great run and a lot of fun, and if this is the end then I can look back at that and smile and move on to other things (god knows, I have too much to do as it is :p )

With that in mind, and for the third summer, I'm opening nominations for the GSR top 20. Those who've been around for a while (old timers like me ;) ) will remember the last two Top Twenties. Summer hiatus is a great time to look back on all the GSR moments we've gotten thus far and reflect on just how damn wonderful this ship is, as well as how far we've come.

You can check out the 2005 and 2006 GSR Top 20 at the Gutterflied Website

Last years Top 20:
    20. Swap Meet (5x05)

19. Daddy's Little Girl (6x12)

18. Bite Me (6x03)

17. Unfriendly Skies (1x09)

16. Crate N Burial (1x03)

15. Hunger Artist (2x23)

14. Burden of Proof (2x15)

13. Kiss Kiss, Bye Bye (6x13)

12. Sex, Lies & Larvae (1x10)

11. Bloodlines (4x23)

10. Committed (5x20)

9. Time of Your Death (6x22)

8. Play With Fire (3x22)

7. Snakes (5x12)

6. Invisible Evidence (4x07)

5. Scuba Doobie-Doo (2x05)

4. Primum Non Nocere (2x16)

3. Nesting Dolls (5x13)

2. Way To Go (6x24)

1. Butterflied (4x12) (Second year at Number 1)

I'm opening the message board on the Gutterflied Site for nominations. All the moments from last years top 20 automatically go into list of nominees for this years voting, but please nominate any moments from Season Seven, or any moments you love from earlier seasons, which aren't in last years top 20 list.

TS and I are off to Paris & Rome on the 26th and we won't be back until the 10th of June, so I'll leave nominations open until at least a few days after that and open voting sometime in the second half of June (I'll post more exact dates towards the end of the week, before I go away)

NOMINATE YOUR FAVORITE GSR MOMENTS HERE

2. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

Wow! :eek:

I come here and I see novels. :lol:

Hey desert, nice icon. :lol:

ADZ!!!!! I missed you buddy! ::hugs the life out of Adz
    :D

Alyssa, I really love your posts. They really make you think and put things into perspective and make you go "Oh wow! I never thoought if it like that!" Thank you. I'm glad we make you stay. I feel the same. This is really the ONLY place I post because I can't deal with the anti's. :rolleyes:

Anyway...

So...I made another shirt. This one says "SAVE SARA!" and I wore it yesterday. Man, you wouldn't BELIVE the looks I got with that shirt. PRICELESS. :lol:

Oh! Funny story....

I was at the mall yesterday and I my dad and I were in the bookstore. I was looking through the ULTIMATE CSI book (I know, I'm a geek because I already own it.) Anyway, I was looking through it and I flipped to the page with Lady Heather. You know what happened? All the lights went out in the mall. :lol: I told my dad "Dad, it's a sign.." :lol:

I'm SO positive about JF coming back. Her being on The Early Show is a good sign. I mean...if she wasn't coming back...why would she be on there? PLus she was happy and upbeat. (And I did like what she said about "I leave him only for a few minutes and he tells everyone.") Plus, if she doesn't come back, I'll threaten CBS with fire. :mad:

My wishlist for Season 8...

THE KISS. Gotta be at the top. We've been patient enough. ::taps foot::

One of those melodrama rescues of Sara(I dunno why I want that but I do...) I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic.

Sara lives.

Where's Warrick's wife? ::looks around and shrugs:: She got gobbled up by the Continuity Pirates...

Sara lives.

I want the "old" Greg back.

As much as I dislike Catherine, I think she's going to play a BIG role next season. (Even if Sara dies. WHICH SHE WON'T!) Either she'll comfort a Greiving!Grissom:)rolleyes:) or after they find Sara, she'll tell him "Why the HELL didn't you tell me?"

I want more Brass and Doc episodes. They make me CRACK up. I swear I was laughing my booty off during "Lab Rats" and "Big Shots". :lol: We need an episode like that every now and then.

Sara lives.

A LOT MORE NICKY AND WARRICK!

For Grissom to FINALLY say those three little words to her face. She NEEDS to hear it after all the HELL she went through.

Oh...did I mention Sara lives?

Ya know...after thinking about all this, it kind of brings me back to GD. Remember how Sara was the one to find out where Nick was? I think that would be kind of neat if Nick found out where Sara was. I mean, yes I'd LOVE for it to be Grissom, but I think it's like "Okay, she helped me when I was left for dead, now it's time to pay her back." kind of thing.

Okay, I'm done. It's Sunday and I think I'm gonna be on this thing all day seeing as how I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Catch ya on the flipside. ;)

3. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Ha, actuly nether do I. It was just the first sappy romance thing that came to my mind. lol.

Dude the WTF, GSR is exposed expresions are priceless
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nick

Greg

Caths has to be my fav by far.

I honestly think Cath had no clue, and i hope that we go into the next season with everyone thinking that Grissom has feelings for sara, but no one thinks they are actuly dating.

HE LOVES HER!

I just love saying that!

4. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

I lost myself too. :lol: It was 1.30am when I wrote it...annnd I'm not even going to attempt to decipher what I was trying to say, something about the moth. :rolleyes: :lol:

:lol: *points and laughs* It's warmer in England! :lol: Oh, yesy yesy. :) 66, oh yeah. ;)

:eek: That would be so awesome, I would love that. Of course now you've spoiled me now though, I'll be thinking "It's OK, Turts said she's going to empty her locker." :rolleyes:

Didn't we all? Only the hat would make it zexier. ;)

I get that too. I have to censor my posts, and say "sorry if I was too shippy" and things. :( Although they *points to antis* are allowed to say whatever the hell they like, because it's their opinion remember. ;) I've finished grumbling now. :lol:

I was thinking, remember Big Middle? How long did it take for that guy to die from the pressure on his chest? Greg had 280 lbs on his chest, and he was struggling, how much does a car weigh? *googles* ...Jeez, between 3500 and 4000 lbs. That's not good news.... :( Now I'm starting to worry. *gulp*

5. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

First of all, Living Doll is up on YouTube!

I died. Multiple times.

Alyssa , I love that analysis. If I could write like you, I'd be an English professor. Loved it.

I agree with you on not having a muddy kiss in the rain. That seems kind of OOC. I mean, Sara is stuck underneath a car, and the first thing Griss does is to kiss her? Sorry, I'm not buying it. Way to soapish and way to un-Grissomish. Go with the "trying-to-make-her-stay-awake" or a simple holding hands. I'd rather have a kiss in the hospital after Sara is saved (cuz she WILL live).

However, I'd love to see Grissom confessing his love to her directly after finding her under the car. And then tell her again. Because, it would be out of place. It could get lost in the tension of finding Sara on the edge of death. Or it could disract us from the thought that she might actually be dying. But I also think it would be very Grissom to say the words to her first there, and later on. Because he is losing her. the ONLY person he'd ever loved is slipping away and he is panicking. He tells her he love her while she is whisked away by the EMTs (Hank, anyone? :D).

Then, later, he tells her again, while she is still in the hospital. Because, now he's already said it and it is easier. As Al pointed out, he is scared. But having said A, you have to say B. And then comes a smutty kiss...

Or if they are at home...GeekSex... :devil:

Just realized one thing: Griss said "the only person I ever loved" (kind of :rolleyes:). Take that Anti-GSRrs!

I also loved the revelation. Very well done, TPTB! It was swift and smooth, and to those people out there who is complaining about too much GSR: How long was the reveal? about 15 seconds including the faces?

However, I'm surprised the team caught on. I, personally, would not notice at the beginning. If my co-worker was kidnapped, possibly dying in god-knows-where, I'd be too focused on that. I would not pay any significant attention to my boss suddenly declaring his love for the co-worker. afterward, I'd might be cathcing on, but not directly.

But since it is Grissom confessing his love... :D Keep in mind, it's just me and I'm kind of slow. anyway, I liked TPTB at that pont.

Until they decided to treat us with a cliffhanger. :( No comments on that one, though I' optemistic. As our favourite GSR Mascot pointed out: "Unless, he wrecked the car first and then placed her under it." .

The rain does bother me a lot though. Las Vegas is not known as the rainseason tropical and the rain seems to bode ill. It makes me nervous. :(

I love WP. Honestly, I've liked him for the longest time now. He is a great actor and I can fully understand him for doing more theatre. Theatre is wonderful. He is one of the few actors who still knows how to perform onstadge and that gives him major bonuspoints.

But the fianle made me really see him. He was outstanding. Beyond outstanding, coming to think of it. If WP now stays for S8, do not make his character depressed and suicidal. WP is a fine actor, who deserves his last season to be his best. Thank you.

Turtle , I agree on the fake blood. It was pink. I laughed. :lol:

I'm also happy you're feeling better now. After the finale (which I at that point had not seen yet), I read your first post and started to cry :(. Yup. Sad GSR and cliffhangers does that to people.

As for S8. since I do not believe the crap about Jorja being fired, I believe she'll be back. And as I also believe that this might be the last seaon of GSR we have left, i want it to be special.

The workplace ethics will be fun. I hope Ecklie will be included in the season premiere. because Ecklie rocks! ;)

They are not going to break up. Grissom loves Sara and has already made a point in ignoring the ethics. He started dating her. They are probably living together. They have a dog. Enough said.

Also, I have this scenario playing in my head. I know some of you (actually, most of you) are on the list for NO BABIES!

I'm not especially fond of that thought either, but it has been growing on me. I believe a pregnancy would be the ultimate way to write Grissom and Sara out of the show without disrupting the show or GSR. I do not like the thought of them being forced to quite due to their relationship.

Look at the last three season finales.
    Grave Danger: Some believe this is the point where Sara and Grissom first started dating (and if Gum Drops has aired the way it was intentionally meant to, I would have too). While that is debated, it is a fact that Warrick got married afterwards. He finally realized that life was too short.
    Way To Go: GSR became canon. In my mind, Grissom also must have realized what Warrick already had.

This finale signales, to me something big. And a baby is a huge thing. And the way TPTB has handeled GSR this season, I think we have good reasons to trust them.

Except after the finale. We'll see the outcome in september and maybe our trust will be restored.

A baby means a lot, but it is not only for the worse. And if CSI:Miami is able to pull of al the crap they are showing (including a false pregnancy, marriges and unnessicary personal drama) so will CSI. And if JF and WP are leaving together, I do not think it would hurt the show. After all, CSI is built on the science and most people want it to stay that way.

To me, everytime I watch CSI:miami, it seems like 40% of the show goes to the actual investigation and science around it, while 60% is all about the characters. Honestly, that is what made me stop watching Miami. I can't handle that anymore. The GSR is kept to a mimimum and it still focuses mostly on the crimes.

Thogh I wouldn't mind some more GSR... :devil:

I'm rambling. I'm also bored.

6. LadyDisdain

LadyDisdain Witness

I just watched the last twenty minutes of the finale again. It gives me chills every time I see it. The stricken look on Grissom's face as he realizes his cajoling hasn't worked, that Natalie is now in a place where neither his flattery nor his anger can reach her, and that his chances of finding Sara are even more remote now than they were a moment before . . . Gah! It gets me every single time.

I also love his reaction when Natalie tells him she didn't kill Sara. He's trying so desperately to keep calm, but you can see hope flash into his eyes. And then that hope betrays him and Natalie decompensates, and it is just so tragic. (Yet another tragedy caused by Natalie's ability to parse the tiniest details, to read the whole story in the smallest gesture. A certain kind of touch on Sara's arm told her that Grissom loved Sara; a brief flicker of optimism in Grissom's eyes gives his game away, shows Natalie, quite rightly, that this interview really was all about Sara.)

Man, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the summer. I suppose I'll read lots of novels. And maybe finally finish my dissertation. ;)

7. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

hi guys
    i have a lot of of things to say ^^
    -congrats for the new thread

-amazing episode 7x24, save sara sidle save the world bill.p is a great actor amazing the scene with natalie go to emmy :p , and jorja too, poor sara, i hope more sara & gsr in the 8 season :D

-curiosity : in the episode 7x22 grissom wear a t-shirt that put "hope athletic" but later that sara read the letter when grissom are do the miniscene grissom wear this
    http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/81/uyuyvf8.png

that stranger is very similar to this
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/676/uuukk5.png
    maybe another shave scene or they´ll user the bed king size :D :D

apologize for my english

8. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

ok..here's an image for you guys... opening scene of S8? The coccoon hatching. just chillin there, hatching, then we cut to the rescue. i know i'm being random, but i still can't breathe and my antibiotics aren't working..

one more thing for you to chew on.. i had an image before attempting to sleep yesterday; brass was watching in the other room as grissom lost his game with natalie. $5 says brass ran to grab some bleach and came back into the interogation room and natalie 'snapped' out of her daze. bleach has power over her, it makes her feel upset and angry and possibly small. remember in the opening(ish) scene when the bleach nearly hit her feet and she ran out in a daze looking all around like she was confused? im thinking that might come into play again.

god, this summer will be difficult! im barely getting over the fact they have a dog. lol

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Good one Herze ;)the old cocoon, when is it going to hatch, or have the writers shelved that idea? and that is Billy's real life dog Bruno, remember when he told him 'lets go' and that dog just jumped right off the bed' he knows that's his master, so cute![​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. seattlecsifan

seattlecsifan Hit and Run

Holy cow, is this the thinking mans GSR thread or what? I love reading some of your amazingly well thought out posts. I personally cannot see the writers having Sara die. Can you see Grissom going back to work if the love of his life died because he caught Natalie a day to late? It only remains to be seen if Sara gets to live on or off screen. Lets all hope on screen.

11. Desertwind

That rain scene was bogus, it's MAY here in the desert and the weather is in the upper 90's.THERE IS NO RAIN!!!. so I LOL, when they showed that :lol: trust me, I live here! sometimes the writers aren't perfect, and didn't they realize that was not happening! :eek:

[​IMG]

12. emily77

emily77 Dead on Arrival

This is going to be a bit stream-of-consciousness... Just got out of the shower...

Regarding timing, the rain scene, and such... One thing that comes to mind is the sequencing of things in the finale... You started out with the TV at the convenience store talking about the boxer from Ending Happy in the present tense... Then, if my memory serves, Grissom asks the guy at the geek-supply store about the unknown female customer, and he says it was about a week ago... And then, when Grissom finds the car wreck miniature, we learn that Natalie has been cleaning the lab for a month or so... Until she delivers the box, do we even know if her scenes are happening at the same time as the rest of the CSI's scenes?... (And, if they are happening at the same time, this could, in theory, mean that the scene with Grissom and Sara at the crime scene at the beginning may have happened *before* TGTBTD... Sorry to add angst for some people...)

So, then we see Grissom bleeding out of his neck, but we find out a moment later this is all in Natalie's head... With this in mind, do we even know if the rain-soaked scene is actually happening or in Natalie's head? (Having lived my entire life in the midwestern and northeastern US, where it can rain any time it's not snowing, I'll trust the Nevada natives about the plausibility of rain in Las Vegas in May...)

I think my conscious just stopped streaming, and I need dinner, so I'll stop here...

13. HarmonyMe

HarmonyMe Hit and Run

Hi everybody!! *waves* :D

This is my first post here. I've been lurking for a while. To be honest, I wasn't really a shipper of Grissom and Sara's until recently. I mean, I liked both of them but I just didn't put much into it until this year. I think what did it for me is the fact that at the end of the season last year, they drop that on us and then this year we get a lot of 'teasing' but not much follow through. I guess I'm really just a romantic at heart and had hoped for a little more this season. Of course, as we all saw in the finale, nothing brings feelings to the surface quicker than a traumatic event.

I loved the finale. I loved hearing him say that he loved her. Sure, he should have said it to her but it was nice hearing him say it nonetheless.

I'm going to look around the boards a little bit now but I wanted to say hi in the place that I will most likely be camped out in most often. :)

14. Desertwind

15. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Until I just saw that image paused and perfect, I did not realize how positivly... Low... that shirt was on her. Wowza.

M'kay. Your streaming-consciousness just kicked my ass. lol

Seriously though? I'm really no good with timelines of any sort. Especially when they occur in a fictional sense. Don't believe me? Ask my Beta. Poor girl has to tell me what day It's supposed to be in my OWN stories. :rolleyes:

But, I think I get what you're saying. Considering how screwy the entire finale timeline was - and the fact that Natalie was obviously having an... "episode" (as my grandmother calls it) of total mental breakdown proportions, perhaps we're getting another glimpse into her psychosis. She's imagining what she thinks her scene could look like...

Which means that perhaps Sara is still safe and sound somewhere and NOT trapped under a car. Just incompasitated in some context. Like holed away in some storage space. I'm reaching here. It's late and I'm tired.

Oh, but that wouldn't be good either. She doesn't have her cell... and the whole team thinks she's in the middle of the desert somwhere. Somehow I don't think that would work in her favor. If she has to be in peril I hope she's at least where she's supposed to be. You know?

Though, if that were the case - why would she be picturing it raining? I mean, I KNOW she's nuts. But she's also meticulous with her minitures. I don't know - I'm just saying that you would have thought that if she was only imagining it, she'd imagine it dry... as the desert normally is.

And she wouldn't have put the miniture on Grissom's desk until Sara was tucked perfectly underneath the car so she was sure that the scene was perfect.

*sigh*

And I think my ipod wanted to make me cry tonight. I've insulted it one to many times and now it has something against me. Seriously, I'm sitting at work with it on (yeah, it's Sunday and slow) and I had the dumb thing on shuffle. I've got 894 songs on the thing. And EVERY SINGLE song it played for like an hour straight made me think of Sara trapped under that damn sports car.

Or of Grissom and Sara and how that butthead never straight out TOLD her he loved her and now she's dying and he's feeling guilty and she's all alone and and *sobs*

I finally took it off and played Solitaire instead. Because I was tearing up at work over a relationship that exsists soley between two fictional characters. I had offically lost it.

And my sister is ready to shoot my in the foot because I just... can't stop obsessing over whether or not JF is coming back for another season. And... eh.

And then I have my dad saying he doesn't care if she dies.

Would I be this emotionally upset if it were any other character? Nope. Not even if it was Grissom. Why you ask? Because I'm attached to Sara. Like the poor girl's life hasn't been hard enough? Now she's trapped all alone under a car in the middle of the desert and the one freakin' person in the whole world that knows where she is is a nutball that's afraid of BLEACH. Could I possibly feel worse for the fate of a fictional character? :rolleyes:

I need therapy. Or at least a life of my own to obsess about. Gah.

Alyssa, Massive post. Awesome post. And you're right - the GSR thread is my safe haven from all the Anti's. Because they are everywhere else. And it's not fair what they can say opposing MY ship when I don't have the right to defend it. Because defending it constitues me being to 'shippy'. But them just randomly adding to a post that "They're sick to death of this Grissom/Sara stuff" - is ok. It irritates me.

So yeah, this is the only CSI:LV board that I frequent. All the better to keep myself in check and not get myself banned. Occasionally I'll slip into a NY thread or a random other thread that doesn't have to do with the show. But as for other CSI boards? This is it for me. And I'm so glad to have you all here. *round of hugs*

That is all.

*points down*
    I made my own banner!
    *is proud*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.