Grissom & Sara #26: It's So Obvious, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Alyssa, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

More fun with polls:

TV Guide is doing a poll on whether fans want to see more GSR scenes, or less. You can vote HERE

Cute picture from Loco Motives, I think.

2. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Hey katjo hon, we don't use that nickname for Sofia round these parts - it's considered offensive.

As for Sarah's poll, well, I've pretty much already answered it up the page. I'm happy with the way they've chosen to go. The angst in LLV was enough, and I'm glad they've gone the lighter, slightly fluffier route now that Grissom's come back. Usually the finale means heavy cases and darkness for our heroes (not a spoiler, just an observation of past season finales) so I don't think they need angst poured on to them right now

Especially since we're going to get Sara angst in the next episode. Poor Sara has always been so victim driven, so you know it's going to hit her hard. Luckily Grissom's arms are just what she needs in terms of comfort.

edited to add: Don't forget to head over to my site and vote on the Sexiest GSR moment - clicky clicky my banner ;)

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

The whole Angstball in and of itself reminds me of Committed. Yes, we were disappointed that Grissom didn't try to bash the glass to save Sara (and I've argued a thousand times over why the decision they went with was better, but anyway...) however part of the reason they cut it being so extreme was that Grave Danger was on the horizon.

If you want to end your season on a bang, it doesn't make sense if people feel numbed to the concept of "CSI in danger" because they saw it three episodes ago.

If giving up the angstball means we get a HUGE angst moment (like Sara being an MCSK victim) for the finale, I'm fine with that.

Oh, and also? I asked David Rambo, and he'll be writing episode 22 - 2 from the end. So... possibly squee?

Yeah - I mean, part of the problem is that if you believe Sara was SO betrayed by Grissom due to his leaving, then her suddenly doing their cuddly little shave and him feeling confident enough to just hold her in the middle of the break room might seem too black-and-white. I'd rather have a hug than a fight. Wouldn't we all? lol.

4. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

hey now I sorta like Lady H even if she was majorly in the way of GSR

do I want to know where 'spork' came from?

do you really think it was that early? I can see where you're coming from, like maybe something happened after the cut of Nesting Dolls but I always kinda figured that after Nesling Dolls Sara was kinda embarrassed she let him see her like that and Grissom was mad at himself for not being able to help her and do more than hold her hand, hence the lack of obvious GSR until the beginning of 6
    I agree about not working together though, defiantly the big reveal is coming b4 the end of the season though, TPTB are obviously preparing us for that and besides, my spide-y senses are tingling!!

hey and I put my new fanfic 'Here In Your Arms' up over in fanfic land if anybody wants to read it

*has a random moment* Yay GSR!

5. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

Guys, i just saw the scene now omgggggggg!!!!!
    thank god, friends tell me for phone everything
    i stay out for 10 days..andd omg intimitely...i die and now i am in haven !!!
    by the way, congratulations for the new thread!!!!!!! i loved the name!!!

the scene was the best 26 seconds in the world!!
    i need time for read eveything you guys talked!
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa was perfect and was him bathroom?
    i miss read about CSI and GSR so much!!!

[​IMG]

6. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Yeah I wasn't all excited about the ending until Grissom said "Intimately". I don't know what it was, but it just made the whole scene just melt. In a good way.

What was one episode David Rambo wrote (You're talking about a writer for CSI right? :lol:)? Just so I know what kind of material he writes.. I know I love Carol Mendelsohn's episodes!

7. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

One word: Butterflied

8. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Wow! He wrote Butterflied? I had no idea. Well then, I'm sure I'd be happy enough seeing another episode that he writes. That was a very good episode.

Thanks for letting me know! :)

9. NickyStokes

NickyStokes Hit and Run

OMG, I thought I was the only one screaming "No...NO....there has to be moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...come on....there has to be one more minute for them...." but you know,I honestly think it was done to perfection....left to the imagination was much better than seeing him grab her and have his way (that would have been what I wanted if it were me shaving him...but wait., I would have stopped, said "Do you trust me? and then after he said "Intimately" I would have said "Then keep the beard cause baby, it does things for me"....omg....I have to go change AGAIN!!!!! :devil:

10. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Okay.
    SQUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    I just have to watch that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and every time Grissom says "intimately," I want to jump into the screen, shove Sara out of the way, and kiss him senseless. But that's Sara's job. <sigh> Romance... no words can describe how these two make me giggle and squee.
    By the way, butterflylove, I totally thought I was the only person that liked House/Cuddy. Seriously. They are, like, the Housian equivalent of GSR. Sort of. :lol: And Hugh Laurie's almost as hot as Billy.
    For the rest of us, I have a SCENARIO!
    Nick: So what do you think Grissom is, leather, or lace?
    Sara: :eek: Why would you need to know? ???
    Cath: I bet he likes being tied up.
    Sara: Not normally, no. Apparently, I was the first one.
    Cath: What? You... you tied him up?! That doesn't make any sense unless you're... you're... oh, my, God, I have GOT to go find Warrick. And Greg. <squee!>
    Sara: ...Shit.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lmao. You lazy, Bulgarian ho.

One word: GSRSupernova.

I believe he came in and wrote one script for them as a "guest" writer, and then they hired him full-time for Season 5.

Aah, the power of GSR. lol.

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I know I'm late to the party.... and you guys move fast...

and TOM! I do NOT stand on babies. :)

Anyway, here's what I wrote on Thursday about the shaving scene:

Firstly, I want to hug the foley artists for this one. If his stubble was already gone and they did a dull razor, then the sound was INCREDIBLE. It sounded like individual hairs were being cut off by the razor. Beautiful.

Second, every time Grissom says, "Intimately," I melt. I'm a puddle on the floor, staring up at the screen. It's like, I love my fiance. I've been with him three and a half years... but every now and then he just says something, or looks at me a certain way, and I just melt. That's how it is with this SINGLE word. It's like, "WOAH. Gris can be sexy. Go Sara!"

Third, selfishly, I wanted more. But, in the context of the episode, and with nothing following it, it worked. Grissom didn't want to get out of bed on Saturday morning (I wonder why). He probably uses his love's name as his password (AW!). Sara remembered a relationship gone bad, where she thought they were monogamous, and she found out they weren't... They watched as a web of lies led everyone involved to suffer. In the midst of all this, there's Grissom and Sara, two people who love each other dearly, and who are committed to one another. I really think that they've patched things up since the LLV goodbye scene. They felt natural, tonight. I love how she stood there, taking him in, and he stood there, taking her in. They were just living in the moment, breathing each other in.

I don't care if it was Sara's idea or Grissom's... They both went through with it. She held the blade to his skin, and he didn't flinch. He even invited her, closing his eyes, cocking his head, making himself accessible. Beautiful.

She almost smiles after he says, "Intimately." She has this look on her face, this look of satisfaction, this happiness, this peace. She needs some peace after the freakin' turmoil he put her through. Man runs off to the other side of the country with very little warning, then sends her a stick with a bug on it... Yeah, she needs some peace after that.

Even after he closes his eyes, he keeps peeking at her, keeps sneaking glances at her as she works. He's transfixed. It's beautiful.

I love that they did the two shot with the two of them, his back essentially to the wall, Sara out front. It reminds me of "Invisible Evidence" and the infamous/famous "Pin me down" moment. That moment was not planned out. Neither of them expected it to happen, but they found themselves face to face, very little space between them, and there was something there. There was discomfort. Sara moved out of the way, because she realized just how close they were, and how frightening that was, in that moment. Sara was thinking about the case and her promotion. Grissom was thinking about the case. The "spark" moment was an accident.

Tonight was intentional. His back was to the wall by choice. He put himself in a position to be at her mercy, to give her control. This time, when they stood face to face, inches apart, there was determination and intent in both their eyes. This moment was planned. This moment was well-thought out, and they were completely focused on one another. Last time, Sara was the one to move away. This time, she's the one to initiate contact. She's the one to reach out to touch him and keep the moment, to hold onto it.

This is our bookend, people. Maybe no one else sees it that way, but, to me, it's our bookend to "Pin me down." He trusts her. She loves him. They're no longer dancing around one another. This scene proves it. This is serious, this is real, and this is so much fun to watch.

It may have been brief, but in 26 seconds, two actors, some great directing and camera angles, awesome foley artists, beautiful lighting, and sweet piano music told the tale of Grissom and Sara, who have finally come together.

I sound like a Hallmark greeting card. Sorry.

And, that's what I wrote on Thursday about the shaving scene. Definitely satisfying. :)

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hey, buddy, greggoooofan I'm fine, and no the wind has subsided, thank gawd, horrible, the desert is a beast at times, I just got through watching the Oscars, good show, Helen Mirren won, fantastic performance , and on the last scene, OMG..in "FI" unbeliveable, no one could have pulled this off, except Billy Petersen, the ultimate actor,, he's so brilliant, and he knows it!!!

[​IMG] Billy Petersen, or Grissom, confused at times as who's who!!!

14. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Hi All,

Still in a daze.

I have been listening to the music from Fallen Idols today. I had some Evanescence anyway. The 'Good Enough' track used is wounderfully used through out.

But Shippers look at the Lyrics:

----------
    EVANESCENCE LYRICS

"Good Enough"

Under your spell again.
    I can't say no to you.
    Crave my heart and it's bleeding in your hand.
    I can't say no to you.

Shouldn't have let you torture me so sweetly.
    Now I can't let go of this dream.
    I can't breathe but I feel...

Good enough,
    I feel good enough for you.

Drink up sweet decadence.
    I can't say no to you,
    And I've completely lost myself, and I don't mind.
    I can't say no to you.

Shouldn't let you conquer me completely.
    Now I can't let go of this dream.
    Can't believe that I feel...

Good enough,
    I feel good enough.
    It's been such a long time coming, but I feel good.

And I'm still waiting for the rain to fall.
    Pour real life down on me.
    'Cause I can't hold on to anything this good enough.
    Am I good enough for you to love me too?

So take care what you ask of me,
    'cause I can't say no.
    --------------

Now CSI espisode titles are always very clever generally having several meanings. Well it occured to me the lyrics were not just about the kids/Vics shown but about Grissom and Sara.

Also has anyone thought the title 'Fallen Idols' could also refer to Grissom?? Not Fallen from a pedistal but fallen as in 'in love'?? It would be so like CSI to use the double meanings everywhere. So the beard shaving is very symbolic and his 'intmately' - he has also fallen for *his* idol?

Anyway my tuppence worth......

15. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

just have to post something about 'the scene'.

omg! omg! omg! omg! finally saw it on saturday and watched it umm about ten times! :lol: i just couldn't believe what i was seeing! i was convinced it wasn't going to air for some reason! it was amazing though! :D sqquuuuuueeeeeeeeee!

grissom was sooooooooooooooo sexy in it! the way he said 'intimately' i think must've made every female (or male!) viewer melt! :lol:

(special thanks to britfan for texting me pics of it onfriday aswell! - you're a gem :D)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.