Grissom & Sara #26: It's So Obvious, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Alyssa, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

What is up with this board? I tried to get back on last night and it was dead again :(

Bwahahaha :p MissDee, you kill me. I never thought about the straight razor as being a kink of Grissom's, but now you can bet I will everytime I watch the scene :devil:

I absolutely love this description, and it's true. I think it was Jorja that said it after Way To Go aired, that amid all the darkness of their work, Grissom and Sara are bringing this little bit of light into each others lives, and it's really beautiful.

This is part of the reason I'm really glad they toned down (to the point of being almost none) the angst surrounding Grissom's time off. I think, as written, it would have gone against the relationship the Geeks have now built. Would it have been in character for Grissom and Sara two or three years ago? Absolutely. But they've grown and evolved now, and they have this closeness that seems to be cutting through all the rest of their bullshit. And it's bloody awesome.

Anyway, reason why I was trying to get back on here last night is I was inspired to write another poem. It's been over a year since the last one (well over a year, in fact), but the scene inspired me.

[​IMG]

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

hey y'all. i just got back from a party and i'm a bit drunk. darn i've got 4 finals on Monday, and i haven't started studying anything yet. just GREAT.

i'm sorry i haven't put my icons on here yet, but i'm not in a right condition to do that now. they would look horrible, lol.

just wanted to say i loooooove GSR more than Turtle does. i feel very, VERY sleppy right now so i'm gonna go.

i also love Billy *hickup* yaaay

3. nameless

nameless Hit and Run

Yaaay! Adzix is druuuunk! I wish you wrote more, so that we can make fun of you later :devil:

I was on a party last night, too, but I wasn't even in the condition to write, so I just watched Hercules (when I can't sleep, I watch Disney's. Makes me sleepy immediately) and went to bed.

I just wanted to give my review on the shaving scene. Which is not so long, considering that the scene itself was, what, 30 seconds? Two lines in there and they both made my day :)
    I'm so happy that Grissom is able to trust her. Even more, to trust her "intimadely". That's huge! For Grissom, I mean.

I did think it was a bit irrelevant to the case and the ep itself, but that's nothing compared to the joy that I'm feeling. Stil, it would be better if the ep was about trust and how some people are unable to trust others...

LOVED how Grissom was unhappy to go to work on a Saturday morning. When I saw that I thought "No way would have he said that if he wasn't with Sara. I can only imagine what they were doing half an hour ago :devil:"

4. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

I second that! :lol:

forensicsgirl i love your poem, it's beautiful :)

So i gather that the scene was at the end of the ep? This may mean that we could get more speculation next episode from the rest of the team when they see that Grissom's beard is gone. They might even confront him then, or make some innuendo (can't think what :rolleyes: ) So we could possibly have a reveal next episode!

This is why Grissom hugs Sara so openly in the lab, maybe someone has already found them out? God i can't wait for the hug :)

End of stupid speculation.

Wasn't this scene the most contact we have had from the geeks (well not us, unfortunately :devil: ) But Scuba with the chalk, was a face touch, and we have had a lot of PSV, but before this scene that was all i think, and this scene was a whole palm on face :lol:

Right, now i'm off to read fanfiction, there is loads after that scene lol!
    Toodles

5. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

awwwwh, fogi, i was touched by that poem-picture. it really gives a good idea of what he menned with the word. it wasn't just something he said, it was a word he wanted to use, cause he knew it resembled what they had so perfectly. this scene remembered me of the reason i love gsr: the intimacy. the intimate thing they share, which we see, and no other ship has *muhahaha, evil laugh* GSR is getting.. romantic now. i mean, intimately, that's just.. something you say when you are with someone close, very close. and i think we can say with pride now, that GSR is INTIMATE. not just a couple, not just a couple that tries not to be discovered by the team, not just a couple who sleeps together (aawwh, remember the good old times with WTG, bedroom scene..) and not just a couple that says: i'll miss you. no, they are two INTIMATE people, and that's the way it just is. that was my speech for now. hoping to see more of these moments actually, in the following eppies. more ROMANTIC, vulnerable stuff. not just: hey, i'm working the case with you. hope we have fun', but: 'hi, i'm so glad we work together cause we always have the greatest ideas, the smartest, and we fill up eachother. GSR lives forever! :D

6. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Ha Ha! Adz is drunk. I laugh at you. :)

Crap, my mom is hovering so i cant watch the epie again.

I loved the whole thing about grissom knowing kids password was 'meghan' i think it was kind of GSR related, I mean want to make a bet what his password is?

Dangit I go to watch the sceen, but my mom is looking over my sholder being all:what are you doing.

Ha ha. Ok i have now watched that clip too much, cuz now i am cracking up everytime he says:'Intimately' now my mom thinks i have lost it.

7. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Sorry, I know I'm late, but I really, really, REALLY must do this...

SQQQUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Thank you for indulging me.

Mildly moist response to the scene. Let's leave that there! :devil: 'Intimately.' Growled. Deep. Low. *melts and swoons*

Just seen the clip on gsr. Not only was it the most sensual, gorgeous, beautiful scene, it dealt with many parallels.

First of all, the Scuba Do touch. He wiped her caress away. He didn't in the shaving scene. He positively encouraged the contact. (How did JF not jump him? I would have... sorry...) Then it reminded me of the chainsaw moment and how Grissom's eyes popped out when she came near him with it. They didn't this time. He opened his neck up so she could get near him, again, inviting the contact.

It told me so much. Yes, it's still playful, but Grissom has totally and utterly fallen in love with Sara and the trust, the love they have is all evident. What particularly impresses me is the two actors get this across in a minimum amount of screen time. Their relationship has moved along from Veggieburgers to this, over the season, to what I think is the most physically intimate scene the show has ever had. They don't need to get naked when they are capable of scenes like this to get the physical side of their relationship over to the audience. (But shirtless Billy is always welcome ;))

But, I also get the feeling they laughed loads when filming this! JF's eyes are dancing in the mirror and you can see her trying so hard to concentrate it looks almost like a frown! And WP's smirk and wink as she reached up to his face. There has to be trust between them if JF really did the shaving, for real. Brave Billy!

I'm off to lurk again with one question...

What is March Madness and why is there no CSI in March? I'm English so have no idea! Sorry!

8. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

The battery on the server's motherboard died. Everything should be okay now, hopefully. ;) There's a thread here in QSF about it.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I will say that the "intimately" made the scene. I was kind of going, "This is nice... hmm... nice." and then "Intimately? Seriously? Does that make sense? Who cares?"

Also, there's a bit of a discussion as to whether the cheek Sara shaves hasn't already been shaved and is just covered up with more cream to hide that.

If you take a look, you can see his facial hair peeking through at his chin, over his lip, etc. but not really at the place that she starts.

Because nudity and sex aren't shocking anymore. It's almost more eyebrow-raising when you have a hugely talked-about couple who keep their clothes on for their interactions. And, of course, you're fortunate enough to have two actors who can pull it off without having to rip at each others' clothes to show chemistry.

When they cut it short, that was my exact reaction. I just feel like they didn't drive it home hard enough. They could've ended with a camera flash without it being cheesy, IMO, or had Sara say, "I had this boyfriend in college who I thought I could trust to be monogamous". I mean, all of the elements were there - the photograph symbolism, the trust in relations, etc. but it does take you a while to put it all together. And the problem is that for fans who didn't know it was coming, they might be so derailed by the scene itself, that interpreting it might be somewhat out of the question.

I think they made Sara "miffed" more than pissed. And the problem is that if she had been furious, it would've become too much about her, and not enough about the both of them. I don't like this concept that Sara has these huge abandonment issues, and I don't necessarily think that it's true. I think Sara was mad that her boyfriend was taking off without really consulting her, and that he has such a hard time expressing his feelings. I don't think she was having Daddy flashbacks or something. But if they had spent too much time on angst, it's where most conclusions would end up.

Damn Poles.

No one would ever question that, m'dear.

TMI? TMI.

I think the cradle of his face was probably more sensual than the way he spoke to her.

Big basketball thing. I think, actually, that CBS is airing it, but most shows go off the air for a month during MM. It's because it's such a huge ratings grab that shows want to be able to wrestle up as many extra numbers as they can before upfronts to secure their place for next season, so they opt out of going against March Madness.

10. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Thanks for clarifying :) You know what this means Britfan? It means that, we british, if they continue the weekly episodes on a tuesday, will be able to start to catch up! Got to be optomistic now. Although a month without any new GSR is going to be tough :( I will have to occupy myself with fanfics i think. :)

ETA: because I live in England, and yet I seem to find my own language a struggle :( *sigh*

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Beautiful poem FG it touched me.. wow, how deep [​IMG]and welcome back greggooo_fan I've missed you.. how was Holland? glad your back ;) & Adzix here's to you[​IMG]& do you all feel that this last scene was on the same level, as "IE" ot a bit more up close and personal, so seductive.. so romantic.. she touched his handsome face.. wished I could

[​IMG]

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yay for new thread!

I was pretty happy Thurs night <g> But sad too. I want the beard I want the beard! *throws tantrum* I wanted to grab the razor from Sara and tell her why is she messing with lovely perfection? lolol *runs away from Team Cleanshaven*

13. cherryxoxoxo7

cherryxoxoxo7 Hit and Run

oh my gosh I loved that episode :)!!!!!!!!! sorry I'm a little late yeah but it was really really good!!!!! I especially liked grissom geing all " getting me up on a saturday morning". In the beginning 1,2,3,4ish seasons, he would've probably jumped at the chance to work on a case. Now, not so much *nudge nudge wink wink :devil:*

I was watching this with my whole family, and since I am the only csi addicted one in my house, I couldn't really squee a lot, and I didn't even KNOW that WP said "intimately :eek:" until I watched it again. omg omg omg.

I am VERY sad that there is no csi for a month :eek:!!! grrrr stupid basketball :devil:......... when does it return?????? thx.

14. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I did...? Inappropriately? :eek: Gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean too. PLEASE don't tell TS - she'll chop off my hands. Seriously *terrified*

:p

You see, to me that feels like spoonfeeding. I like to watch something and have to mull it over a little while and put the pieces together myself. I'm not a fan of being clunked over the head with an anvil telling me "this is what the symbolism is". I mean, sometimes CSI is a bit ham-fisted about it - remember the anvils in "Toe Tags"? I loved the episode, but I felt like screaming "enough already! I get it. Rich and poor- it doesn't matter when you're dead!" Jeez :rolleyes:

I'll have to wait and judge the entire episode when it airs over here (if I'm not in gay Paris when it does - woo hoo!) but I'd prefer to connect the dots myself without the Powers drawing them in for me.

Oh totally. I get that Sara was annoyed with him about not telling her sooner and not consulting her or getting her imput before he made the decision (hell, who WOULDN'T be annoyed by that) but the way it was originally written, I think it went WAY beyond that. I think if it had aired the way it was originally supposed to, a lot of us would have been left thinking their relationship was really shaky if they couldn't withstand a 4 week parting.

I think this route is a much better idea. Yes, Grissom isn't the greatest at expressing his feelings (he sure made up for it with "intimately" thought ;) ) but at least he's able to acknowledge that fact now (and trust me, I know how he feels). But I really don't think he's the same idjit anymore, who stared blankly at Sara without a clue of what to say (as he was in SSL, LTSB, Snakes, etc, etc) And I really don't think Sara's issues are so great that all she can do is push him away.

So, suffice to say I'm happy they've taken this path instead. It's much more realistic and appropriate for where the characters and the relationship are right now. The previous version? It was more in keeping with Griss and Sara circe season 3/4.

ATTENTION GUTTERFLIES: New webpoll up at my site (clicky click the banner ;) ) - Sexiest GSR Moment.

Results of the Valentine's Poll had a VERY clear winner:

[​IMG]

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

FUNNY :D~~~clicks edit button and adds 'IT' but you can, just don't shave me :lol: and I loved the "letter" so romantic.. he's more spiritual than we imagained, his emotions run deep, but boy has he changed :p due to his Sara ;)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.