Grissom & Sara #26: It's So Obvious, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Alyssa, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I think this ship has been very well played out and low key enough to be very intimate and without being too soapy like some other potential ships on the CSI franchise. I knew how GSR would become canon a long time before it was confirmed. GSR is well planned out and very wonderful to see.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, I mean, technically you can. Physically you can, you simply choose not to. :)

*says nothing*

Lies. Horrible horrible lies.

Reeble is just trying to downplay it because she doesn't want you to have the fun of being spoiled.

lmao. You horrid woman. Aren't they awesome?

I thought I would, but in a lot of ways I was afraid they would go further than they have with it. Like, while it's frustrating that they still haven't really had the CSIs clueing in (other than that one conversation between Nick and Catherine in Leaving Las Vegas, and Sara wasn't even mentioned) I was more... iffy that they would have this constant "almost getting caught" or "suspicious glances" shit. So long story short - I was thinking I'd be scoffing at the other CSIs or what Sara and Grissom did around the lab, rather than what we saw between them, when they were alone.

*strains to make this about GSR and thus on topic* *fails*

Ooh! Cool. From where?

lmao. If a shaving scene is an old slipper to you, what kind of GSR are you, Adz? Hmm??

In truth, whether good or bad, I do actually agree with Reebs - don't do it.

I wuuub oo!

I'll say this - I really thought, from the spoiler, that the scene would be much more sombre... this seems... different. Less dour, I guess. More about him being there for her, less about her pain. Not in a bad way, definitely a good way for GSR, but they made it sound like he stands there, does nothing, then turns off the TV and they hug. Why do I think WP may have changed the stage directions somewhat? lol.

3. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

::clears throat:: This is my response to all this...
    I opened the first one and I was like "Aww...Sara." ::thinks:: I REALLY like her outfit...:lol:. I opened the second one and I ...I couldn't breathe. :eek: HOLY. GEEZ. Just...wow. And the last one...DEAR. GOD. It looks like they are going to kiss. :eek:. I friggin' can't wait. LOVE. IT.

And Adz I love you and there is NOTHING to see...promise. :D

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

EXCATLY You beat me to it Sarah go right now.. drool worthy [​IMG]

OMG, he's wiping a tear from Sara's eye.. so sweet..caring and so sensual.. unbeliveable.. and he look's so good.. so young, and have to say good without the beard.. yummy.. great pics. can't wait till this airs

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

MY reebs is here!!! YAY!!

OH MY GOSH. I started jumping up and down in my chair and my coworkers thought I was having a seizure. I love this. I absolutely love this. This is awesome. I mean, I hope the hug stays in just because of how symbolic it is of her leaning on him... But, still. WOAH. He touched her. He touched her face and back. They're touching in the lab. She's leaning into his touch. I LOVE IT.

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

okay this is what i'm seeing:

"Adz, those pics are nothing special, don't worry about them.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    "
    do y'all really want me to believe there is nothing there?
    oh god ... he ... he doesn't have the beard, does he? or maybe he is not only naked faced, but also naked all the way? *gasps*

wait, don't answer that.
    weeeell, this one doesn't count cuz you actually TOLD me what's it gonna be. you monster.
    why is everyone so nice and caring all at once? lol
    okay now i'm sure. y'all are officially bull-shitting me. sarah would NEVER say that.

and it worked, cuz now i'm even MORE curious what's on those pics!!!

AHHHHHHHHH

ETA:
    girls from WP/GG thread are in a party b/c of the new pics. they say The Man looks freakishly HAWT.

i don't think i'm gonna last long.

*Adz is slowly loosing her willpower*

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Technically I didn't say that there wasn't anything, but I don't think you want it ruined. Fair enough? lol.

And if you want, I can put you out of your facial hair misery.

Put it this way: he seems to have also spent quite a bit of time on the treadmill and someone finally gives a damn about Jorja's make-up and wardrobe.

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^^ so ... so ... y'all were just geniuenly concerned about me? awwwwww, thanks everybody, i love y'all :)
    you know, since it's canon, maybe TPTB try to convince people who were undecided, or were against GSR to start to like it by making the characters more attractive. it's still a TV show, ya know. all those adorable, sexy scenes, getting actors in shape, bettering their wardrobe and make-up kinda leads to the same thing, make everyone like this pairing THROUGH its canonness and showing that it can be an interesting background for the whole show. i wouldn't be surprised if there were more GSR shippers now than during pre-canon times.

*sigh* slim Grissom *dies*

9. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

No problem, Adzy. *checks Adz off her list of "people that love me"*

Hey, I do that to my friend's dog. Except, instead of offering her something I say, "Ohhh, you're such an ugly dog. Yes you are!". His dog loves me.

They are, but they aren't like "HOLY SHIT MAN". But, you know...still squee-worthy. You know what the last one reminds me of though? That picture by Urbandub. This one. (Adz don't click that) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe, maybe we get a kiss. That would make my day and my day doesn't usally get made.

That's true too. I guess I can't say anything until we get a scene that shows them having more than 3 seconds of physical contact. I really want the team to find out. It would add some...spice to their storyline. Because as much as I hate to admit it, GSR has gotten kind of...boring.

Um...yes?

Nah, it's more like we're trying to save our own ass. I keed I keed. We love you too. Or, at least I do. You can't trust any other one of these crazies. They don't know how it's like to be unspoiled. *glare* May the force be with you Adzix.

YAY, AL! I missed you! *hugs*

Well, I got a tank and a rugby t-shirt thing from American Eagle and two pairs of flats and a pair of jeans from this store that I don't think Vancouver has. You West Siders just wouldn't understand. :rolleyes:

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

mwahahahah. I mean, of course. Naturally...

Besides, you honestly think that after the shaving scene thing, I'm really going to try to spoil you again? And again, in my defense - I never in a MILLION YEARS thought that they would keep that until shooting and then air it.

Were it not these two actors, I would agree with you, but WP has always given me a "they can go f* themselves vibe" when it comes to this sort of thing. As for Jorja, she usually looks much better at award shows or just off the set in general, so I assume someone finally took off their blinders when dressing her. Is it about the ship? I don't think it necessarily has to be, but in regards to Sara, it's possible.

He's not like Greg. lol.

Awesome, Adz - you're first on the list! :p

I do that to Dayna's dog. She's not amused by it. Dayna, not the dog.

And I don't really expect them to be "holy shit", either. I don't think we'll get a kiss for this one, but you're right - it looks pretty similar. What I like is just the simple intimacy of it. The comfort, not necessarily the "passion".

I think it's more that they seem timid to do anything with it. Honestly, at this point it's rather clear that they haven't lost fans from the start with GSR, so they need to just go for it.

The hug will be nice, but I do want to see the team figuring it out, you're right. Even something as simple as Warrick giving Grissom a strange glance when he goes barrelling into the room in the beginning because Sara's hurt. SOMEthing. Now, of course, having said that, episodes 20-24 are being kept under TIGHT watch, which tells me something is brewing GSR-wise. Especially since 20 is a Sarah Goldfinger, and 22 a David Rambo, both of which she even kind of stated that she wasn't telling us everything purposefully. While we all care about MCSK, I don't think she'd be that tight-lipped just about the case. Given the secrecy, I'm hoping a) kiss or b) team finding out.

Psssht. We have eco-friendly stores with shirts made of corn. Beat *that*

11. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

I'm so happy nowwwwwwww i said i needed something new...and i win haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :) CSI can make me so happy!!!
    gosh, i didn't belive in how perfect is...really is a dream ...and the hug:)about the episode i don't want the whole team figuring it out, not now, i just want one of them...my vote is for Cath

12. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

For one - that pic looks unbelievably... believable. lol. There was more I wanted to say about that but I decided not to be so mean to Adz. It was something along the lines of her opening it. But aaaannyyways...

So I just finished watching Kiss the Sky. Thanks Adz for forcing me to watch. Well... forcing my curiosity to force me to watch. Not only is it hot *dies* but it's an actual good movie. I recommend it. Highly.

You know how I love you. I am Turtle. I love all.

Hey now! I was spoiler free all last season. So there! And if GSR wasn't so.. you know... Canon, I would be this season too. AND I lived without any type of spoilers at all for the first four and a half seasons. So I know how hard it is. *Huggles Adz* *and all the rest of the spoiler free people* Perhaps I'll join you all next season. Depending on how the end of this season plays out.

Now my attempt to make this post GSR related... even though there was no CSI on at all tonight (I hate March).

I was thinking today - while reading some of my favorite pre-cannon fanfics - that I don't think of GSR in the same way anymore. It's not the exciting 'will they? won't they?' anymore. Even with the dreams and wishes of many fangirls for a GSR kiss floating above TPTB's heads - we all already assume that they are making out like mad whenever we can't see them. Or you know, most of the time. :devil:

Hey, am I wrong?

And assume that they are, for the most part, living in the same space. Sleeping in the same bed. Eating meals togther. And of course, fighting.

And I miss... wondering. *sighs*

Perhaps all these old fanfics have just got me feeling nostalgic. I'm happy with Canon. I love Canon. But someone said something a page or two back about how the past is the past and they don't think of them as the main scenes anymore.

But it's not just the end result. The GSR road didn't suddenly split when they hit Canon. All that angst.. all those scenes... they made me the solid shipper that I am. If I couldn't look back at past seasons and see so very many reasons why they should be togther, I couldn't be sure I could support GSR.

It's not the destination thats important. It's the journey.

That is all.

13. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.

I'm sure Emma dislikes you all the same.

But I want holy shit. Like, has anyone read the spoiler about Grissom making a mini crime scene of his office? If it turns out that he was the MCSK then I would be thrilled. I like holy shit. Holy shit makes me happy. Nah, but I get what you mean and I agree. But MAN if she just turned a couple of inches. And on the whole team finding out: I'm with you. I would love just a small "wtf" glance from one of the team members. I mean, when Grissom brought the veggie burger Warrick seemed completely oblivious. Since when does Grissom bring anyone anything? Fingers crossed.

That's uh...kinda weird, dude.

I know right? Urbandub is amazing. I say you go ahead and say what you were going to say. Adz is used to this haha

Oh true true. I remember that. When ToyD aired we came in the chatroom and went insane. Ahh, good times, my friend, good times.

I know exactly how you feel, Turt. I kind of miss the non-canon GSR. I love it right now, but I had so many more questions before. I'm hoping TPTB will bring some of that "will they won't they" back. Who knows, it could happen.

ETA: I'm in the chat because I'm bored. Somebody come and join me. PM me for the password or link if you forget/don't know.

14. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Oh. Oh wow. You know, I tried going to YTDAW before this site, and the damn thing was down, and I was thinking, "Huh? Did I miss an episode?"

And now everyone's hyperventilating over some pictures. Oh my Lord. And I'm SPOILER-FREE!!! DAMMIT!!! ARRRRGGGHH!!!!!!

Adzix my love, let's both try to stay strong.... *hugs Adz and her other nonspoiled comrades-in-arms*

Remember how good it felt not to have the slightest clue what was coming up in WTG? Let's hang on to that feeling, okay?

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Will it be like Drew Barrymore's in Charlie's Angels?

Emma loves me.

Well, you can't expect holy shit from a promo pic, so I still have fingers crossed. I mean, from the sounds of it, WP has been "altering" GSR scenes lately. Originally that scene was just supposed to be a hug, and it's gone into him holding her from behind and wiping her tears. We'll get our kiss by the finale, I'm sure. Had we not been spoiled, the shaving scene would've been a holy shit.

It really, really is.

Which is a good example of what this ship can do if they let it - the two looked at each other across a boardroom table and it was "holy shit".

I mean, now that they're together, it has to be amped up, but you get my point.

I think the "will they won't they" could've been replaced with the "will or won't the team find out?" and it didn't have to be every episode, either. Just like GSR last year, it could've been very occasional. That's one area that I'm disappointed with, but overal I'm pleased with GSR...

so long as we get more before the finale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.