Grissom & Sara #25: Running up the Phone Bill

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Adzix, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Re: Grissom & Sara # 25 "Running up the Phone Bill"

Good Lord, Sarah, rein it in! Or are you trying to make Choco-B run around like a headless chicken as she makes a valiant effort to accommodate demands for more and more specific team names? Choco-B, she's Team Bi-Facial. She doesn't want to admit it, but she is. It's part of the Step 5 Stage of WPHS... playing with the beard/no-beard options and eventually accepting both. Make it easy on yourself and put her in her rightful place.

Oh - and I'm Team Bi-Facial and Team No-Babies and Team No-Spoilage, so you can put me down as such. Hey, come to think of it, with a new thread coming up it'd be really neat for you to post the current lists of Teams near the beginning, so that we all know where we stand. (And can pick fights when there's no GSR going on and we're bored.)

All hail Choco-B, List-Keeper of the GSR Realm! *All bow as Philip Glass plays "Pomp and Circumstance"*

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

HMMM, apparently you all didn't read the article.. he says "no one knows" .. I thought you'd all respond to this great piece.. please read, and comment/.thank's ;)good insight to the whole enchalada.. about them, and other CSI, events!!

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Sorry, desert - I hadn't seen it.

I liked this line:

Also - who was the article done for? And is that a recent pic of Grissom + Catherine?

Dee, I love the beard. But the beard is only hot when he's chubby. I'm bifacial, but I am a sector of bifacial, and to be honest, your discrimination is really starting to hurt. :(

j/k. lol.

4. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Well, what's a discussion like this without a poll, eh?

We possibly (probably?) did this poll way-back-when, but I think now things have built up a bunch more, I'd say this is the perfect time to do it again.

Time to see WHO YOU THINK WILL BE THE FIRST TO FIND OUT!

...About GSR, of course :p Now, each of these choices are clearly backed by their own, separate likelihoods. Whether it be actor insistence, witness of events, strength of character friendship, giving further room for drama, or even being the most unexpected - all of these have a chance.

All you need to do now is let us know who you think it'll be! Vote, and then post who you chose and why in a new response.

BE SURE TO DO THIS. A record will be kept of who chose who (much like we keep tallies on who's in Team Bearded/Beardless/Bi-Facial and so on. You need to post about your choice for us to know this - we can't decipher this from the poll alone) and when it does happen, there may just be prizes ;)

Feel free to even add your own scenario as to how it might come about! We can carry this over to the next thread pretty easily.

SO. Without further ado...

5. Cynthia_Sanders

Cynthia_Sanders Victim

Hmm, I can't decide if Catherine will find out first, or if the team will find out together. In a way I think Catherine will leak her suspicions to the rest of the team and Warrick, Nick, Greg, Sofia, Brass, Doc Robbins, Hodges et al. will start to pay close attention to Grissom and Sara's behavior and what they say.

6. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I don't know.. I am thinking Cat will find out first, but I also think Nick might... Either way it's going to be so hilarious when one does!

7. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I voted Catherine. I mean, I might change my mind, later, but even though Warrick has been around the most GSR moments, I just think Cath'll be the first to really know. Whenever I try to invision a scenario for the team to find out, it's either the whole team, or just Catherine, finding out for the first time.

I mean, besides Sara, no one knows Grissom like Catherine. Also, Cath and Sara have been really getting along this season. I mean, Cath called Sara in when she thought she had been raped. That's huge. Sure, "Redrum" happened, but we'll never hear about it, again... And whatever Sara had to say to Cath, she said it in private. I mean, the girls have developed a solid relationship.

Plus, I'd just love to see Cath invite Sara out to dinner, then casually get Gris to come, too, because she wants to grill them. Sure, it probably won't happen in such an idealistic way... but, I can dream. :)

If MCSK goes after Sara, I'd expect the mini to be found by Cath or Cath and Gil... I mean, besides Sara, the person Grissom has trusted the most with the minis is Cath. He called her in to help him with the last one when Sara wasn't there. So... I still think either Cath or the whole team...

8. nameless

nameless Hit and Run

I voted for Brass... I don't know why exactly, I just have a feeling it would be him to figure it out. I think the finding out won't be made as a scene and the one who knows will just make a funny remark about them :) I can really imagine Brass suspecting something and then later talking to Grissom about it. It's just that he was aware of the situation in season 5, I think it was Swap Meet... When the wife was asking Grissom if he'd ever fantasized about a girl in the office, Brass had a "Ooooh, right, well, I know the answer to that one" look. And plus, you can't ignore Paul Guilfoyle's wish to be the first one to find out...

9. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Whoo, a horse race! Place yer bets!

I picked Catherine. It still might be Brass, especially if the show decides to throw PG a bone... and really, a poll should allow you at least two choices so you can hedge your bets *winks at TS*.... but from a character and story perspective, if I have to choose than I think Catherine's the best bet. I can really only see Gil confiding in someone about the GSR if he's worried about it for some reason, and in that situation I see him more likely to go to Cath than to Brass.

As for Sara, I think she'd ordinarily confide in Greg (after Grissom, natch) if she needed to talk to anyone about the GSR... but I wouldn't be surprised by the revelation that she's aware of Greg's crush on her, especially after "Fannysmacking", so that really lets him out. On other personal issues she'd probably go to Greg and possibly to Nick or Warrick for work issues... but relationship stuff? I think she's more likely to confide in a woman. If Mia were still there, Sara might turn to her... but she isn't, and that means Cath is the woman in the lab that Sara's the friendliest with and closest to. Plus, she's Grissom's close friend - she's the least likely of the team members to resent the sup/sub aspect of the GSR on that basis. At least, that's how I think Sara would think about it.

And as for the accidental outing scenario... that's hard to call. Really, that could be anyone if TPTB set it up properly. But Catherine is intelligent, observant, and knows a few things about what happens between a man and a woman in the dark (apologies to Tennessee Williams), so I think she's the most likely person to pick up things and figure it out on her own.

So - that's my reasoning for putting my money down on Cath. Therefore, watch as the first witness to GSR turns out to be little Judy.... Naw, naw, I'm joking. Brass is my second favorite... but really, I'm marking Ecklie as the dark horse. (BTW, is that a politically correct these days? Is there a better horse-racing term I could use?) He could very well have known that this was happening all along. Of course, that would be much easier to gauge if we could actually see Marc Vann in a frickin' episode!!!! *growls*

10. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

See, while I think it would be fun for Brass to be the first to find out, I think most people would be more interested in Cath's reaction. I mean, yes, Brass and Cath are both close to Gris, but Cath has been around Gris more consistently for more time. And, she and Sara have had their ups and downs all over the freakin' place. So, I think from a character development standpoint, Cath is the best choice. Brass may have witnesssed the "Butterflied" speech, but Catherine encouraged the plant.

Also, Catherine seemed to know Sara's name from the first time we (the audience) heard it mentioned. That suggests, if there was something pre-Vegas, Cath may have known about it, where Brass may not have. Therefore, we run the SLIM chance of learning something more about Gris and Sara's relationship pre-Vegas by going through Cath.

I've rambled. It's late. :)

11. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

MissDee, are you coming on to me? You can't win the competition that way :eek:

So tough bikkies, you only get one choice :p Unless, of course, you want to choose 'Other' on the poll, then you can specify your own options allllll you like ;)

As my choice: I, for one, chose Brass. I think he'll be really objective and supportive (to both Grissom and Sara) about the situation when he finds out. I can imagine the revelation coming about as a result of a serious case involving the geeks, and either Grissom or Sara finding themself forced to tell him (for their own protection as far as the case may go - or something of the sort). They've kept it secret this long, and clearly it's for a reason, so I can't see them just going off and telling someone for no solid, important reason. And if they do need to tell someone, IMO it'll be someone who will not judge them, and will not make things worse. The best candidate for that? Is Brass.

As for the idea someone might just find out without being told? Yes, that's entirely possible - but WHO might do that is another question. And, hello, they've been together for AT LEAST 9 months + (TOYD's eyebabies are due!) and they all seem to be as oblivious as ever (if not for some ever-so-minor inclings that something might be up with one of them).

So. Hmm. Let's see where things go.

12. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Ooooooh, TS posted, not once, but TWICE! Guess all my nagging has paid off *self congratulates*

Now, as for the poll, I voted OTHER. Oh yeah, I was THAT person.

I'm torn (not in an Natalie Imbruglia kinda way - I'm not lying naked on the floor or anything) but I think that there a bunch of people who either KNOW or SUSPECT that something's going on between our geeks.

My money is on BRASS, DOC ROBBINS, CATHERINE and WARRICK all either suspecting or knowing somethings happening. I think that BRASS has always know there was something between Grissom and Sara. He's a detective, a seasoned one at that. Something like this isn't going to slip by him unnoticed.

And, as AL said above, CATHERINE already knew Sara's name before she arrived in town, so she knows some of the history there. Plus she was there during the whole plant thing. She's an investigator. She knows Grissom's got himself a life lately, and I'm sure she's also noticed Sara going home on time, taking days off, etc. I wouldn't be that far a leap to take to put two and two together, with everything else Cath knows.

My money is also on WARRICK, because the poor guy keeps being in the middle of things when the geeks share their 'moments'. If he hadn't got it by now, I'm be so disappointed in him :p

Finally, DOC ROBBINS seems to know everything that's going on in the labs. He has sources (David ;) ) and he always seems to know more than he's saying. So I suspect something has reached him on the grapevine by now.

In saying that, I've always had this cute notion that Greg would find out first, purely because I'd love him to be the smart one who figures it out first. And, of course, if Greg knows Nick knows, because they tell each other everything in bed ;)

13. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

*runs around like a headless chicken *
    On Spoilers
    spoiler-free:

Adzix
    cherryxoxoxo7
    chocolate_bunnys
    Emul_webs
    fallenthrough
    katjo
    MissDee
    sienna
    ziggy
    onlyvegas

On 'The Beard'

Team Bearded:
    Andreina
    Bullet_Girl
    butterflylove206
    Crysthala
    Freckles101
    geekprincess
    greenplastic
    gregslabmouse
    Haylee
    IloveBilly
    IlovePoncho
    katjo
    MacsGirlMel
    nameless
    NicknGrissom
    nuttynickyxx
    Reeble
    SaraxSullivan
    SnowAngel58
    Turtlebaby

Team CleanShaven:
    Adzix
    Annika
    Chocolate_bunnys
    eggbe4thechicken
    Emul_webs
    GillianSGrissom
    Shipwrecked

Team 'Bifacial':
    Alyssa
    brass_lives
    butterflylove206
    BurnedToast
    desertwind
    forensicsgirl
    GillianSGrissom
    MissDee
    onlyvegas
    sarahvma

On Geek babies

Team Babies:
    geekprincess
    IlovePoncho
    Shipwrecked

Team No Babies:
    Annika
    brass_lives
    butterflylove206
    Chocolate_bunnys
    Emul_webs
    Freckles101
    Haylee
    katjo
    MissDee
    nameless
    NicknGrissom
    Turtlebaby
    saraXsullivan
    onlyvegas

Team Bi-Baby:
    Alyssa
    butterflylove206
    eggbe4thechicken
    GillianSGrissom

Ha, I just started laughing my head off,my mom thinks im insane.

Goodness, you guys picked the worst days to change your place on the lists,crap 2 minutes till i leave, I have a lot more to say but not enough time(thanks to exesive list swithcing *cough* Sarah *cough*) will come back later and post.

what is with you people and poking me with sticks?

14. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

My money's on Brass!

15. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

...if Greg knows Nick knows, because they tell each other everything in bed...

Damnit, how many times do I have to say it, Greggy is mine! :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.