Grissom & Sara #25: Running up the Phone Bill

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Adzix, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loki

loki Lab Technician

oh, I guess that episode WAS sex lies and larvae... I didnt watch it til after season 3, so I guess I didnt realize it was in season one...

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

umm hey guys, this is awesome that we have new people and all (seriously!), it's just that there is this new rule that on Shipper Central every post must be at least 3 lines of text in length. i wouldn't say anything, but it's pretty easy to get modslapped if you don't follow this rule quite often ;)

back to GSR.

... no wait. GillianSGrissom - much love, yo! you're with me and choc on the team Beardless! wooo

that's the old thing i once made for my team to celebrate the sexy baby-face-ness:
    [​IMG]

as for the thing with Holy, i think she was a bit too young for Grissom. she was a total rookie at that time and Sara was already a pro with experience, although she once was Grissom's student. isn't the actress who played Holy a lot younger than Gina even?

okay what am i saying here, there is 34 years of difference between me and Billy and i would eat him right now. no, that argument is missed. definitely.

i kinda liked their hug scene before Grissom's "you assholes", so i think if she wasn't killed there would be a pretty popular ship made out if it.

c'mon guys, you know it's true. there is a Grissom/Hodges ship. and they have a lot of good moments. for example they already had Da Present, and we, Canon GSR, are still waiting. if i hadn't known better i'd say that our Davvie crushes on poor Gris.

lol

so relating it to GSR, i think that Sara makes a better person for Grissom to be with than Holly. she's more experienced, definitely not naive, but damn smart. i'm not saying Holy wasn't, i'm sure she would learn fast, but i think she would have had more interest in Nick or Greg than in the later, darker Grissom, like Sara reamined so. she didn't seem like a "real Geek", if y'all know what i mean, but a rather normal girl.

ok, i'm going to sleep, gotta wake up in 5 hours. peace,yo.

3. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I think I have to be put on team bifacial. It works for me either way, I guess. I'm not that particular when it comes to his facial hair. I just like to overanalyze Mr. Petersen's choices in facial hair as it relates to his character, Grissom. :)

I've been going through old clips, and I found a moment that really stuck out to me in a wonderful way pertaining to Sara. Remember in "Nesting Dolls" when she told Grissom about what happened to her mother and father, and how she couldn't let go of the hand of the social worker that took her into foster care? Remember how Grissom then took her hand and we all thought it was sooo cool and symbolic?

Well, I went back to "Blood Drops." Remember Brenda? The little girl? Well, Sara's last scene with her is at the hospital. This little girl, who was abused, is now on her own. Her brothers and parents are dead. Her sister/mother is in jail for conspiracy/accomplice to her family's deaths. Sara sits next to the girl, unsure of what to say. Then, she silently reaches over and takes the little girl's hand. I know TPTB couldn't have known at that point what Sara's backstory would be, but GOSH that's canon continuity... And that's awesome.

Also, that shows Sara's better with kids than she thinks she is.... So if she and Gil ever wanted Geek Babies, I think they'd be fine. :) Gil has natural instincts (as evidenced in how he handled the baby that died in the heat in "Feeling the Heat"), and Sara has natural parenting/mentoring insticts as evidenced in "Homebodies."

4. Haylee

Haylee Dead on Arrival

I just realized after reading the other posts just how long CSI has been messing with us in regards to GSR. I remember I was half asleep when all of a sudden my husbad said " OH my God, Grissom likes Sarah" He was watching CSI when Grissom said "Since I met you". I popped up and watched CSI intently since then. Now over six years later I am still waiting for any GSR moment we get thrown at us!!!!!!
    I FEEL SO USED!!!!!!! Just kidding, it has been a fun six years.

5. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

I never realized that! That is so cool, it seems that hand holding is really symbolic here. Which would make it really awesome if our first GSR interaction is them holding hands.

I also agree that sara would be good with kids, but i stand to be probably the only GSR shipper who dose not want geekbabies.

In honor of our on going beard dabate i made a banner, not a good banner mind you, cuz i made it at 10:00 last night.[​IMG]

6. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Well I actually like it more with the beard.. that sexy beard :)
    and I don't see any geekbabies coming soon..that would be like so out of line so out of CSI never see it happen unless in the end of CSI but nahh I don't think so.
    Sara definitely will be a great mom but like I just said I don't see that happening..
    Regards

7. Haylee

Haylee Dead on Arrival

Seems like most of us agree that a baby between Grissom and Sara just does not seem like a good idea. I see the two of them as growing old together without children. Usually I like it when tv couples have children, but for these two it just doesn't fit. I am excited about the new episode tonight because I love the show, but mostly because we will be one episode closer to Grissom comming back. I know that sounds pretty pathetic.

8. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

Yes, we did! Especially in the first two seasons, which is why I don't really understand the complaints about canon GSR these days. We get these tiny nuggets of sweetness nestled into the last 20 seconds of the show. We seriously need another pin me down scene.

As for babies...no, I don't see that. I don't even see them getting married, really. They just don't seem like the type for it, and I don't think TPTB will ever give us that much, really. I will take what I can get.

9. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I don't know that I can see them married, but I could see them with a kid. I know we have a lot of people here who are "Team No Babies..." Gosh, we have a lot of teams, lately. At least we're all still united on the commonality of a love for GSR! :) Gun Shot Residue never sounded so hot!

I saw an interview with Liev Schreiber about his upcoming part, and when they were talking about CSI terms, he said, "GSR" and I just dissolved into giggles. I think I have issues. Also, I'm working on a soundtrack to Angsty GSR. :) I'm going to make music vids to post on Whoiskeppler.com, but only after Gil gets back. I've never seen these particular songs used for Geek Love, but for the current situation, I think they're perfect. It just fits beautifully to me! Well, tragically, as well, but still beautiful.

I think a lot of people have issue with canon GSR moments because this ship is CANON. And, I love it. I love that we have a canon ship. Honestly, my hopes for Season 6 were a HUG. Imagine the joy I felt when TPTB actually went above and beyond my expectations by hooking my fav characters up! Then, I felt slightly cheated because I didn't get my hug... lol! Me wanty Geek Hug!

I keep wondering how Gil and Sara are going to make up. Arguably, it's not going to happen at either one of their homes, though I could see Grissom going to check on Sara and knocking on the door instead of using his key, out of politeness. It'd be freakin' heart-breaking, let me tell you. I just want to know how they're going to make up, because the whole, "Sara's dying/dead, we better make up" thing doesn't work for me... Especially the latter. I'm not much for necrophilia. I hope he holds her while her body is wracked with sobs. I just think it's a beautiful image. She could crumble into his arms, relying on him, letting him back in emotionally while he learns to be the strong, reliable man he needs to be to help her deal with her abandonment issues, to help get through to her that he loves her, and that he needs her to forgive his failings. That's the funny thing about relationships. They're all about growth and failings. I mean, there have been times where my fiance and I have fought so terribly, and one of us has said or done something that at the time was just so incredibly insensitive... and we had to forgive one another and work through it. Sara's got a lot of emotional instability, and Grissom is used to working on his own terms. He's not yet used to thinking for two. After 50 years of being alone, 1 year with the love of his life isn't enough to totally transform him into the perfect boyfriend. He's going to have to learn to make some changes, and she's going to have to learn to forgive him, and trust that he doesn't do anything to intentionally harm her. He needs to learn to listen to her and include her in his decisions. She needs to learn that his love is sure, and that he'll make whatever concessions are needed to prove to her that she's the only woman in his world, now and forever. I truly believe this is it for them. They are meant to be!

10. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

We do. A bunch of teams. And as unoficial keeper of lists of teams(I dub my self UKoLoT) Here is(as far as i know ) our teams(i swear this is the last im i will post this...on thread 25).
    On 'The Beard'

Team Bearded:
    Andreina
    Reeble
    SaraxSullivan
    forensicsgirl
    sarahvma
    greenplastic
    Crysthala
    katjo
    Desertwind
    SnowAngel58
    NicknGrissom
    BurnedToast
    MacsGirlMel
    Turtlebaby
    Haylee
    Bullet_Girl
    gregslabmouse
    IloveBilly

Team CleanShaven:
    Adzix
    Chocolate_bunnys
    GillianSGrissom

Team 'Bifacial':
    MissDee
    brass_lives
    Alyssa

On Spoilers
    spoiler-free:

Adzix
    chocolate_bunnys
    sienna
    ziggy
    cherryxoxoxo7
    MissDee

On Geek babies

Team Babies:
    Alyssa??

Team No Babies:
    Haylee
    brass_lives
    Chocolate_bunnys

Ok I probubly got something wrong, so I am sorry.

Ok, cant wait till tonight, but who the crap is Keppler!?!?!?!?!?!? Yah I know it is a spoiler. *grumbles incoherently*

I personly would want our first GSR touch/interaction to be a hand hold.Because of the fact we have seen Grissom hold saras hand berore but now that we are cannon it would have a new meaning.And with the sybolysim Alyssa mentioned with the hand holding.

11. addictedtogreg

addictedtogreg Dead on Arrival

in relation to the geek babies thing above, there is also the classic thing that GSR *experiment* and then she has a pregnancy test and that is positive and we later find out it was a false positive etc. that would be a very good, classic, use of the personal side of an episode. The only problem with that would be that they would think that they were going too fast etc (but c'mon, it's been quite a few years!) boy, this is really starting to saound like a previous episode of CSI: miami. but anyways, that would be a funny episode, and that would be funny if it happened in the episode when Gris returns lol!!

OH, and i wanna be on the bifacial team YAY! and i am all for a new team of geek babies: A false positive pregnancy test!
    YAY~YAY!

I am also for spoilers!! but for definitely keeping them in their designated boxes!

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

You fans crack me up all of us are really zany and wacky where this couple are concerned.. and chocolate_bunnys keep up your polls on the "beard..no beard".. fun ;)some tender GSR moments ;)and on "who the hell is this Keppler/Liev" I've never heard nor seen him before..either!! but did find out he's British and goes with Naomi Watts!!

[​IMG] "SLL"

[​IMG]"SLL"
    [​IMG] "Antaomy of a Lye"

13. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

(Bolding Mine) It reminds me of Camelot> You're Lady Ukolot! Not to be confused with the Ladies of Obsessalot.

It's hard to think about the first Canon Grissom Sara Physical Display of Affection (CGSRDPDA). I mean, I'm not sure I want the first thing we see them do to be a kiss. That just seems a little... this will sound BIZARRE, but too fast. Yes, I said it. We waited six years, and it'd be weird to me to see their first physical touch as a passionate one. I'd rather see a caring one, like a handhold, or a hug, or even him holding her in bed (Yeah, I know TPTB would never give us that unless one of them were dying or dead or both were covered in blood because some Carrie-obsessed criminal thought it'd be a good practical joke to play on Grissom...). But, yeah. I'd really like to see their first physical display of affection as a caring/loving one rather than one filled with passion and lust. Yeah, I know I'm a prude. :)

14. geekprincess

geekprincess Dead on Arrival

Alyssa, I must say you are a true genius in your perception and description of GSR moments. Your comments on "Butterflied" and "Blood Drops" are some of the most insightful I've read; I couldn't have put it any better about "Butterflied" in particular myself. It may be hard to believe, but I didn't really like that episode when I first watched it; only after many re-watchings (and readings of people's postings on this topic ;)) did I learn to appreciate the subtlety and symbolism that make it such a terrific piece of TV filmmaking (and GSR-ness).

As far as the "when-did-you-first-notice-it?" question, I'm pretty darn clueless when it comes to picking up on romantic feelings between TV characters, so it took me a while to pick up on the GSR hints. To further complicate matters, I first experienced CSI by going to my local movie store and renting part of the first season on DVD, but only got through "Unfriendly Skies" before I had to return the DVDs. (I know, I know...I just missed "Sex, Lies, and Larvae.") When I went back, whether it was because the rest of the DVDs through season 3 weren't there or because of my own monumental stupidity, I checked out the first half of season 4. Therefore, my first real lightbulb moment came when I watched the infamous "Pin Me Down" scene. After I heard what Sara said, I thought she meant that they'd already dated and it hadn't worked out, so I made a mental note to check out the second and third seasons as soon as I could. Before I did that, though, I watched "Butterflied," and like I said, I didn't like it, probably because I'd missed out on most of the buildup of the first three seasons. I was also accustomed to more sensational, melodramatic romantic plots on TV shows, so it took me pretty much the whole episode to realize that Debbie wasn't Sara's third-cousin-twice-removed or secret twin sister, just her lookalike, and that Grissom was "just now" beginning to deal with his feelings for Sara. (Seriously, I'm surprised my thought process even got as far as, "Oh, he DOES like her." :rolleyes:) When I watched "Playing with Fire," the first words out of my mouth were, "That's ALL that happened between them?"

Since then, however, I am happy to report that I have watched every CSI episode from the pilot onward and have also learned to appreciate subtlety, rather than being annoyed by it. Which is a good thing, I suppose, since I have also slowly developed into a fan of one of the most subtlely, uniquely developed relationships in TV history. At one time, I was almost an anti-GSR shipper, really -- I shipped Grissom/Catherine and Sara/Nick until the end of season 6 -- but every time I watch and re-watch the subtle glances, the cryptic exchanges, and the barely-there-but-loaded flirtations between Grissom and Sara, I become more convinced that they were perfect for each other from the get-go. They may not have been ready for each other at the beginning, but they were always right for each other...and always will be, so there! ;)

Oh, and as long as we're forming facial-hair teams, put me down for "Team Bearded." I generally don't like guys with beards, but William Petersen is one of the few who can pull it off (although he looks great clean-shaven as well.) So there, too. ;)

*ETA: On the baby question, I am firmly on "Team Babies"...with the caveat that it would probably be most effective if said babies did not appear on the show (although a pregnancy announcement near or during the show finale might work if done right). The thought of little tiny entomologists-and-physicists-to-be running around causing mayhem in Grissom and Sara's house is just too cute NOT to happen, IMO. :D

-- geekprincess

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Put me no babies for the geeks, sorry, it too soapy. I like Drama, Angst, Action pack. I like Spoilers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.