Grissom & Sara #25: Running up the Phone Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
well then my tip is to watch a bunch of videos of you fav two people from csi, or you can just work on setting yourself up for easy acces to food and drink while watching.

See, I can't remember the exact moment I became a GSR shipper. It took a little bit, only because I really liked HollY Gribbs, so I was a little unsure of Sara to begin with. Now, of course, she's my fav character.

Probably "Unfriendly Skies" was the first time I really was excited about what I was seeing. "Cite your source" is just so famous, now, in terms of GSR. It was a huge moment, because she wanted to delve more into his sexual psyche, but at the same time, was a bit embarassed having to tell him about her personal experience. And then the way he PURPOSFULLY BRUSHED past her as he left her to do the bathroom.... Yeah, that was just awesome.

And the episode after THAT was "Sex, Lies and Larvae" with the infamous "Do you want to sleep with me?" "Did you just say what I think you said" exchange, coupled with the blanket and the thermos, and sitting together all night... AW! Nothing says romance like watching a fetal pig decompose! :)

So... I *think* it was "Unfriendly Skies" for me that told me she had a thing for him. "Sex, Lies and Larvae" just cemented it.... Boy, we had a lot of GSR moments back then! :)

yeah i also liked holly gribbs, she had very good potential. she also seemed to be a very good actor. Altough Sara might have been introduced because she seemed to come with more emotional baggage than Holly, and that might have been what the writers wanted more. But Grissom and Holly would have made an amazing couple! :p

Thats true, but Grissom and Sara already had kind of a history, so even if Grissom and Holly got together he might still have had a thing for Sara, rather he was willing to admit it or not...

Erm.. I wasn't referring to Holly Gribbs as a possible love interest for Gil, and, for the record, I think the only logical love interest (in my mind) for Gil is Sara.

Been watching some old episodes, and back in "Strip Strangler," there's a moment when Sara grabs her jacket, and she throws it over her left arm, with the arm crooked, just like it is in the final scene of "Leaving Las Vegas." Yay for jacket continuity! Gotta love the vintage GSR. I think our first signs of just how manipulative and controlling Gil could be of Sara were in "Strip Strangler" because he was so opposed to her being a part of the decoy operation. Imagine how he'd behave NOW if she wanted to be a part of one! Ouch! :)

well that is also true but if holly hadn't been shot then sara would not have probably not have been brought into the show, but tha twould be very entertainging, because they might hate each other, and grissom would have to choose.!

Desertwind, there is an article, it came out last month before they did the episode of LLV. This guy ask jorja, Who she want to work with? She said, "I want to work with George." That all she said. This guy asks her about when Grissom leave, Will Sara cheat on Grissom? She said, "I don't know." Either the writer won't tell her or she can't said anything to the fans or reporter or whoever he is. My opinion, I don't think Sara will cheat on Grissom, it not her nation. Nick will never do that to Grissom, he is loyal to him and look up to him more like a father figure.

I wish I kept the tvguide to pm you guys but I don't have it anymore, I threw it away and I also don't have a scanner to show it you guys.

lol well I dont think it would be hard for him to choose, I dont think Gris and Holly would have gotten together either, honestly, I was just commenting addictedtogreg's post, because its been obvious from that episode that they were meant to be, I mean Gris asked for Sara right? and we find out later that he's the reason she moved to Vegas. I dont think many girls can compete with Sara, because Gris is a very complex man and he needs a girl that can keep up with him and Sara is just that.

NicknGrissom are you referring to the Jorja Fox/William Petersen Q and A? Where TVGuide asked them a thousand fan-submitted (*cough* including two of mine *cough*) questions? Is that what all this is going back to?

gregslabmouse: What I love about GSR in general is that it is about growth. When Sara first got here, I really don't think she was ready for a relationship with Grissom, and he certainly wasn't ready for her, either. They needed to grow in their own ways before they were ready to meet at that middle point. That's why I think the timing for their relationship was perfect. Sara had been through a lot, especially in terms of dealing with her past and her fears and her issues. She had to deal with her past instead of bottling it up inside of her, and then she proved that she could be stable without Grissom. I'm glad we saw that before they actually got together, so people can't argue that she bases all of her stablity on a man, which can be incredibly unhealthy.

Also, Grissom had to grow, in that he had to detach himself, to a degree, from his work, which had previously defined his life. He lost himself in his work as his entire identity, and he was so worried that he would lose that identity if he was Sara, that he would lose a piece of himself. That's what a relationship is about, giving and taking, but to a man like him, that was terrifying. He had to go through a lot to get to the point where he was ready to be with her...

And now, they're together, and it's great to see the growth and the continuity. It's the best romantic relationship on the show, to me, because they have both grown so much separately and together through the last 6 seasons! :)

the growing of the characters is very very true, but the problem is that they could grow away from each other and really...who want such a tradgedy? sara has also never been on the best terms with everyone, and i don't really know who she is going to befriend whilst grissom is gone. She could befriend catherine, and i have no idea where tha twould go, but i hope the writers still incorporate more about Sara and Grissom!

This is true, and one of the things I love about Gsr is that its extremely complicated and has had a lot of room to grow and change over the years, I guess I'm just saying that they've always had eachother in their sights so to speak, though neither of them were ready and they waited patiently until they finally thought it could work, after they both dealt with their inner fears and weaknesses, but its been obvious since the beginning that they were right for eachother. This is one of the most complicated angsty relationships on television, and thats whats so real about it and why everyone just wants it so bad.

there is also the perspective that they really like each other, but they also want to see their other options, but when sara finds that little nicky sometimes spends the odd night with a prostitute, well, let's just say she might have some exiting nights with grissom :)

I don't ever see Catherine and Sara bonding. But I could see Sara confiding in Doc or Brass. Maybe Warrick. Greg is sweet, but she wouldn't turn to him I don't think. Nick and Sara are a little competitive, so I'm not sure she would confide in him either. Not sure about that one.

But I don't care what anyone says (especially people who are gung-ho on a Grissom-Catherine relationship) Catherine knows how Grissom feels about Sara. She has to know. You can tell by the look she gets on her face anytime he talks about her. And in Butterflied when she noticed that Debbie looked like Sara, she kind of shook her head like "Ok, now I understand why he is obsessed with this" and in Burden of Proof Catherine asked Grissom if he was "in denial" when it came to his feelings about Sara. So she knows. I just wish other people would realize that. ;)

Well now that i think of it, i can remember when Lindsay almost drowned in a car with this person, then catherine got all angry and then sara shouted at her, so they don't really have a good relationship, but i can actually see her confiding in doc, but if she talked to greg, he would most likeley put on another turban and turn up some music that grissom hates lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back