Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

Thank you. greggooofan you as well. glad you enjoyed it!! you rock with your awesome manips.. their totally awesome..[​IMG]

And Sarah their all awesome. ;). so many-- I'd
    like to see something like "true soulmates" to wipe out that "other".. well you know :(cause they are..and that's a FACT...

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Okay, guys - because we have SO many options, I'm going to employ the little-used double-nomination concept. We're going to whittle out about a good 15 choices, which will then go down to 5 in the second poll, but it's only because often when we have too many choices, people just feel overwhelmed and sort of "pick what everyone else is picking"

3. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Since Norman Fell better win! Lol.

Sarah, as a variation of 'Blue Eyes Meet Brown: The Sweetest Thing', how about just 'Blue Eyed Boy/Brown Eyed Girl'? I mean, I'm sure most people should, hopefully, maybe get that reference by that alone, lol. But then again, I could be wrong.

And re: one other thread title..
    Grissom doesn't leave until after Christmas, so that doesn't make any sense, really

As for everything else..
    I look forward to seeing how Sara reacts to/copes with Grissom's absence - or if there's not really a change in demeanour at all. Hmm. I mean, she's not exactly needy - she's strong, sassy and independent. And while I'm sure she'll miss him, she'll probably talk to him on the phone every night she can - so I should hope she'd be fine.

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I believe Grissom is leaving and will be gone DURING the winter hiatus, hence Christmas. Other than the fact that WP is doing a Christmas play, I think TPTB may have scheduled it that way so he could miss as little of the episodes as possible.

Who said she'd spoken to mystery? Well it would certainly come as a shock if Sara had to find out with the rest of the team, especially as it now sounds like they're living together

You read my mind, Sporter - I was thinking that when we got down to the "final fifteen", we'd sort of comb through them and ask if any should be tweaked, especially if we have similar repeat titles like "Pumpkin" or "Dear-themed"

Current frontrunners are:

1) Blue Eyes Meet Brown: The Sweetest Thing
    2) Since Norman Fell
    3) Like a moth to a flame: This ship is HOT!
    4) They're doing it. Right NOW
    5) Curly Hair Couple
    6) She'll wait up in THEIR bed
    7) Scientists, Coworkers, Lovers. What's your pulse at now?
    :cool: They Can Share the Pumpkin
    9) More than a boss to me
    10) Since I met you
    11) There's Always More Room on the Pumpkin

And then a lot of "6's" which put us over the 15 line.

So if your favorite isn't on there, VOTE.

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I was the one who talked to mystery.

As to the timing, it's not about having the character leave prior to Christmas. Mr. Petersen was able to shoot through 7x11, which will more than likely air after the winter break. Last year we only had one new episode in December. If they follow that trend, 7x11 will air in January, probably. I guess it's all wait and see... but you'd think they wouldn't want to drop the ball that Grissom was going to be gone before Christmas because they want to make sure all those viewers come back at the beginning of the Spring Season, which can be very competitive.

I want a pumpkin for Gris and Sara. It reminds me of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. No, not the freakin' AWFUL Brandy version. We're talking the original, the one I grew up on. It's a hoot to picture Sara skipping around after her and Gris' first date singing, "A lovely night!" :)

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Y'all? 'Lyssa's crazy.

I suspected it for quite some time, but it is now confirmed.

I think pumpkin would partly be cute just because we're going into Thanksgiving.

Aah, true - but you never know. I think it would be weird to have him take the break AFTER the holidays, only because it becomes very clear in 7x10 that he just can't take it anymore. So I don't see him processing that for a month first.

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

is it me or you started to use southern drawl? it's understandible in MY case cuz, well i AM on the south, but ... Vancouver?

and damn y'all. all i can read in here is thread noms. okay, i will start a discussion with myself then. i watched Lucky Strike today, and i forgot how great this episode is. moreso, i've never before noticed that Grissom laughted. TRULY laughted, like, cracked up. here's Da Transcript:

(NICK and GRISSOM both look through their own scope.)
    NICK: How you doing over there?
    GRISSOM: I got scat.
    NICK: Feces?
    GRISSOM: Yep.
    NICK: Under the fingernail?
    GRISSOM: Yep.
    (NICK thinks about this for a moment, pulls away from his scope and grimaces at the conclusion he reached.)
    NICK: He wiped his own ass?
    GRISSOM: (cracks up) No, Nick, it's not human. It's scat. Could be from a bat.
    NICK: Bat scat.
    GRISSOM: Bat 'guano'.
    NICK: Well, whatever. (...)

i completely love this exchange, rewinded it like 4 times. Grissom was sooooooo cuuuute when he laughted and ... *cough* yeah. SO my point is, that i want Grissom to laugh in the same manner as there this season. with Sara.

okay, that was my point.

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

So is Adzix still campaigning hard for her laughing scene?

Something tells me, sadly, that we're not in for a whole lot of laughs.

Well would you look at that - it looks like it might finally be Norman's title. He shall no longer be the Scorcese of thread title wins.

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Dude, i even wrote a fanfic, but i'm not gonna post it anywhere cuz, as you know, i'm very shy.
    i'd actually prefer one of our newer ones. but you're still gonna post one more poll, right?

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, you ARE Polish. And I shall talk in a Southern accent whenever I please! (holds Confederate flag and looks smug... then remembers is Jewish and feels awkward).

Two, actually. I should probably clarify this:

We had so many thread titles that I was afraid a nomination poll was going to be overstuffed. So this is going to whittle it down to 15. Then we're going to whittle it down to 5, then we're going to vote.

We have enough page left to do all of this in, so I hope that makes sense.

Anyway - I agree. I think we just need to see a truly light moment between the two of them - no threat of angst, no whatever, just... sweet.

Of course, it would be best if someone walked in and gave the WTF eyebrow, but still...

11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

No angst? Oh, sister, you're dreaming. :p We're in sweeps. When we get back from Christmas break, we're two episodes away from sweeps. The Angst Meter is gonna be up for a while, methinks, and that's not based on spoilers. We got to have about five episodes where they seemed super duper cozy and flirty and sweet and considerate. And, now, we're starting to enter some rougher waters. Good television.

I do hope, however, we get a nice riding off into the sunset season finale... I mean, the last 2 minutes of the finale. Up until that point, I can handle angst-city. :)

12. butterflied814

butterflied814 Victim

I believe that since his sabbatical is based on when Williams needs him to teach the seminar, he decides in 7x10, 'Loco Motives', (which airs in December) to actually accept the offer, but doesn't leave til 7x11, 'Leaving Las Vegas' (which airs in January). It would make sense that he would teach the seminar during the Winter "Intersession" in between Fall and Spring semesters, which should correspond to him being gone most of January.

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Oh, of course we're going to see a boatload of angst. But just like in a horror movie...

Well, not really. But just like a horror movie, if they're really going for a big dramatic GSR ending - the MCSK capturing her or whatnot - they need to have a lull between the angst. In other words. It'll probably be boats of angst when Grissom comes back, and then the two of them sort of coming together again, sweetness, sunshine, laughter, and then BAM - MCSK. Because, of course, I think the supposition is two things: one, the killer is trying to talk to Grissom, so he might not send any while he's away, two they assume that he's dead, so they're not expecting it.

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

what, you've never seen a Pole with southern accent?
    oh, okay. after a bit of thinking i gotta say that we may be the only thread that does 3 polls on thread titles and we have like 40 noms. are we popular or what?
    *Adz died for the third time* (it was possible due to her reincarnation into Gina Cirone)

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Not without clown shoes, no.

Or just psychotic. You know, either one.

Your dreams make me laugh, Polish cowgirl clown.

ANYway... I'll put up the second poll in the morning when everyones' had a good amount of time to vote on the first wave.

My last thought for the night: we're going to have a lot of angst and a lot of sweetness IF Billy comes back and decides that this is going to be it for him on the show.

I think they'll be forced to fast-track a lot of stuff, not necessarily in a bad way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.