Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

Dare to dream, little Sparrow.

And why? Because we built this ship on angst.

lol.

Plus? Tortured Grissom rules all.

I think Butterflied still takes top spot because it was the first time - ever - that Grissom fully admitted that he felt the same way about Sara, and, for better or worse, explained why he'd never been able to take that step with her before then.

Because I think that RIGHT before Butterflied, a lot of GSRs were starting to lose a little bit of hope. We had him turning her down, then shutting her down (Invisible Evidence) and yes, pinning her down, but being seemingly unaware of it.

So... Butterflied offered that rare glimpse into his mind, which we almost never get to see.

And yeah - we loves the angst.

Thanks, grissoms_gurl - I hope you post more often! It's always nice having new blood on the thread.

2. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Congratulations for the new thread..
    I saw the epi today too..omg he was so cute with her.. at the beginning worried about her.. and at the end well it was the best .. that holding hands for me is something like "I am here"..so beautiful he is always there when she most needs him
    Other thing can we count how many times she've cried with him..there are lot..

3. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I also voted for the first option. I think Brass will totally do that.

I was watching that scene in"Toe Tags" when Brass makes a joke about the guy w/o his left arm when he goes something like...."i dont know but i bet thats my right arm and that's his left arm"....that was sooo hillarious and then the look that Grissom gave him :lol: :lol:

And if he does or is the first one to find out I can also see him making a small joke to Grissom to throw him off a little to make him think that he might know something about him and Sara but then again maybe not.

4. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Pssh, sure, okay :p We're a family here, guys, and since our mommy's on hiatus for the moment, I'm sure we can function as equal siblings and share the duties.

...And now I'm becoming disturbed by Po5 flashbacks...Just wait for Zig to dress in flannel and start playing the violin for y'all.

And even though they met in SF, it all started for us, on screen, when Norman Fell. So I find it all very awesome (oresome) and appropriate.

I know he's co-written one that has yet to be aired (7x07) but I don't think he's written any of the first four (someone can correct me if I'm wrong - this is off the top of my very tired head).

I would, if not for the fact that I'm a cyborg and feel no shame. It's true. But I'm sure, Miss Dee, we can agree that the moral of this tale is...

Ahem. ;)

*shields eyes and runs* YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE!

Well it was very clearly our first (or one of the first) major step(s) towards being canon, IMO. It was at that point it became more than just suggestion and innuendo between them. It was more than something one-sided. And of course, seeing as they showed it at the Emmys as being one of the greatest moments on TV that year, it was of that certain calibre that gets the show noticed. It'd be nice to have an Emmy nod or two again this season for really powerful moments like that. TPTB could do it. Goodness knows our actors can. Fingers crossed for the material, eh?

Oh, and I still swear that I was the original person to come up with the idea of Grissom and Brass going drinking together and slurring innuendo about the lab ladies over their scotch. GSR and BrassCat fo lyfe, people.

5. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Hi, I was thinking what do you think are sara and grissom?? a couple like boyfriend and girlfriend, only dating or like in a serious relationship that have an unknown future..?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I would say that they are in a serious relationship, it took seven years for them to get together and think of how especially sara suffered from not being with grissom I dont see them as a fling. Noone of them would put so much at risk for just having the opportunity of regular sex. But what I d like to see is some real statement or action to kind of prove my thoughts. Cant wait to see them finally kissing or even making out a little bit!!! :D :devil:

7. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I definitely think our duo are in a solid, strong, serious relationship. And, I think they like alliteration as much as I do! :p

Seriously, though, I think that they have to be in a serious relationship. Grissom has always had an all or nothing stance when it comes to Sara. He even talked about it in "Butterflied," how being with Sara meant risking everything else. If he was going to be with her, he was going to be with her, no questions asked. He was always afraid that if he risked everything for her, she'd get bored with him and find someone her own age. He was always worried that the attention she paid him was due to infatuation rather than deep-seated appreciation and attraction.

Sara has gone through so many stages in her relationship with Grissom. When she showed up from San Fransisco, she was not ready for him. She was still so young in so many ways, so eager to impress. She thought that if she could do enough, he would pay attention. She was trying to earn his love and devotion, and it just wasn't working. I think, for Sara, she had to stop trying to be his prize student, and just let herself be who she was. That's part of why I think "Nesting Dolls" was such a big turning point for them.

I mean, before that point, Sara had already dropped her "try to impress Grissom all the time" stance. She had moved on to just accepting what they had, and not pushing. That's what she was trying to tell him in "Snakes." She wanted him to know, to have the context, and to know that she accepted him for who he was, and that she could deal with their relationship as it was. Sara, in that moment, let Grissom know that she realized he was a flawed human being, and that their relationship, like all relationships, was complicated. She told him, in that moment, that she wasn't looking for a knight in shining armor. She liked him for who he was.

In "Nesting Dolls," Grissom went to Sara looking for answers, and found a broken woman. He found answers, just not the ones he expected, because, by her sharing her horrible past, Grissom was able to see her in a new light. He was able to see just how strong she was, but, also, just how fragile. Grissom was really tough on Sara in the past, and sometimes quite possessive and controlling. However, I think Sara's past helped him put that in perspective, and helped him to grow out of that, to realize that was not the way to handle her.

When he reached out to take her hand, he was making a connection with her that he had previously made only once. Funny, how those two instances are connected. In one, he took her home. This time, he's there, in her home, a part of her home. It's different.

For Grissom to be with Sara, it's all or nothing. For Sara, this is what she's been waiting for, and she knows his fears. Whether or not she's ever told him that she heard his speech to Dr. Lurie, Sara knows he has a fear of her leaving him, so she's going to do her best to keep those fears at bay. She wants him to know that they are secure, that they are a unit. He dotes on her, he loves her, he has finally given himself over to all those feelings he suppressed for so long, and they are overflowing. Sara has this sense of joy about her, this energy and excitement, especially when her man is there.

There is probably a bit of a rush from being in a secret relationship, but I think these two would feel the rush either way. She waited almost ten years for him to come around. Yes, she dated in the meantime, but her heart was always his, and it took her a while to mature to be his equal. They are together, now, and that is how it is going to stay unless TPTB kills one of them off.

Sorry for the novel... but long live GSR! :)

8. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

well I actually, I see it in the same way you do, I noticed that joy in sara but still insecure grissom in the part that they talked about the first time they met. She is like right now happy than ever and he is too but he still like you said before have his fears around him.
    jaja it's okay always talking about GSR comes too many inspiration.. :)
    I honestly can't imagine sara and grissom making out.. maybe some kisses, something delicate, sweet..that's why I think the first kiss is going to be well I hope.. amazing, it will take time but when it comes it have to be very special..

9. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

I love you, Alyssa - you're giving Miss Dee a run for her money ;)

You make some really solid, insightful and fantastic points there. I like this part especially:

I think the first hand hold was one of "I don't understand this" but the second being "I finally understand". They served to show how their relationship had come full circle from that initial point, and only after then were they able to break off and move forward together (but also independently - Sara not reliant on Grissom, Grissom not so guarded about Sara) from there.

10. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

okay, thought about it a lot, discussed it with my friends *they have actually given up the fight against GSR* ;) and i want it to be discovered this way:

they are in the bar, getting reeeeally drunk, and suddenly there is sara, standing right next to brass. ofcourse grissom is sooo drunk, he's not even suprised to see her, neither is brass. :p so, sara sits down and says: okay, i can use a beer, it's been a loooong day...'. so, sara starts drinking, one beer, two beers *okay, i'm having weird deja-vu's from the 'greg-beerbottles on the wall-scene'* ;) ;) and sara stars to get drunk. before they know it, she and gris are laughing, talking about everything that is happened in the past, and everything they still want to do.. :devil: brass is drunk too, so he laughs with them, but suddenly he says something like: so, i understand you guys are together? a shocking sentence would possibly wake up gris and sara, just being sober for a moment. sara blushes, and just says something like: ehm.. yes, i think so.. :D and grissom would just see there is no way out now, no excuses to sneak away from the situation, so he too says: yes... :D brass laughs, and they all start drinking again, while brass is shouting: long live grissom and sara! :D :D

11. Guest

Guest Guest

First: Thank you so much Alyssa for your wonderful and so true words!! :) :)

As ive mentioned before; I think that the person who is first to discover that g and s are together will find out without them knowing. Maybe just sneaking around the corner or something like that. And I could imagine that not even the viewers will know at first who actually saw them, just a silloutte or shadow of the person, That would mean double suspense. Like the *shock factor* in WTG where everybody went WHAT???!! :eek: :eek:So the viewers get teased and obliged to watch the show to see what happens next, It would leave the crowd exited and very very curious (well at least us for we are all heavy gsr addicts) :D

12. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

I've just read this on the tvguide website:"...Gil Grissom will decide that he needs a short break from the lab and maybe a short brak from sara too..." :(
    a break from sara?what the hell does it mean?it took them like 6 years to be together and now he needs to take a break from her? :confused:
    It was also said that his office won't remain vacant on his absence.I wonder who's gonna supervise the team.Catherine,maybe...

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Hy Cindy! Just read that article too. What the hell is that suppose to mean??? :confused: :(
    it took almost seven years to get the two together and now it looks like theyre messing everything up :mad: Cant believe this, I hope its just a very very mean tease for the audience to not feel so comfortable as we do right now to admitt that. Why should he want a break from her? mystery never mentioned something like this when we were talking about gris leaving for a few episodes?! Perhaps she can tell us more about that, I hope she does!!! I dont want to believe that the writers built up the gsr storyline for such a long time and so carefully to destroy everything just after some gsr canon episodes where even actually nothing *obvious* has happend so far. just hoping its a bad joke otherwise...... :mad: :mad: :devil: :devil:

14. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

maybe that is tvguide's/the writers actual opinion, or assumption. the 'maybe' part, makes it seem like its an assumption-like the writer knows grissoms having a small break-so what can it be because of kinda thing?

i swear if they play with this couple and mess it around, and have it all drama and soapy i will be so mad. i will be furious if they have it going back and forth, they went for the ship-they better stick with it.

15. Mandis

Mandis Rookie

^I totally agree. They can't have them messing around. I think they are the kind of people that, once they get together, they actually have been thinking it through (as we obviously know they have) and they stick together no matter what!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.