Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

desertwind said:
I voted for "it really wasn't a "shippy" scene.. and maybe she does know he has headaches.. and that's why she spoke to him in low..soft tones..about "being nice to Greg".. she doesn't give everything away.. and I noticed that he still likes to be alone.. when he's suffering.. rather than confide in someone.. even Brass noticed him dowining the asprins (or whatever] and said nothing.. :confused:

Well, Grissom wanting to be alone when he's gotta migraine is quite understandable, when you're me at least. I woke up with one this morning, and all I wanted to do all day was eat asprin and tylenol like they were skittles and be all by myself. I didn't get what I wanted, and I wasn't poppin' pills like candy, but it eventually went away. I'm still really tired and I've got a little headache now, but it was so terrible today.
But anyway, Grissom wanting to be alone when he's gotta migraine isn't something thats so out-there. Talking hurts you when you have a migraine that bad, and even lights irritate you. You just wanna crawl into a dark hole and sleep off your pain. And considering the kinda of person that Grissom is beside the fact, it's just even more obvious as to why he would want to be alone. He just wants to stay away from the talking and the bright lights and all that crap.
It's also understandable that he doesn't want to confide in someone when he has a migraine, cuz they also make you pissy! Lol, but I guess that kinda goes along with wanting to be alone and stuff. Or maybe they already talked about his migraine and stuff and we just don't know it, considering that she was talking in a low voice, and was alot calmer when speaking with him.

Wow, what a long post about Grissom's migraines =P

jeanmacgreen said:
I think Greg is always going to carry a torch for Sara in some way or another, but Grissom was under such terrible stress he just reacted much like someone suffering a migraine. Sound, lights, even smells can make them a really hideous experience even for the most patient of people.
Another GSR note, I watched a rerun of 'The Finger' episode on Spike tonight, showed Sara on her first date with that scum Hank Pettigrew. :mad: What a 'class act' he was! Takes Sara to some low rent diner for a first date?!?!?
There ladies is the huge difference between Gil Grissom and any other man in Sara's past; Gil would have taken Sara to a 4 or 5 star restaurant because he wants to give her the very best he can, not merely to impress but honestly share a wonderful time with her in a really romantic setting.
Anyone here agree or no?

I totally agree a 5 star restaurant.. Hank was a slug.. not right for her.. and a two-timer at that!!!!they've both had "other experiences" but are together now!! and it's a well oiled machine!!!

ban_csi_33.jpg

On a not-really-joking note, I want to say this: a shippy scene, just like chemistry, doesn't have to be romantic or sexual. A lot of GSR scenes were neither romantic nor sexual, but the way these two people were fumbling in their attraction to one-another.

I think the music scene was a shippy one in the sense that, for the first time, we saw Grissom showing favoritism to Sara over someone else, and that other person noticing.

Which, unfortunately, would be an argument AGAINST GSR if anything. I'm all for the ship, but it isn't okay for him to favour her.. by doing that, he's reinforcing all the negativity against the relationship- both on the show (Ecklie) and amongst the fans. *shrugs* I'm not saying I didn't like the scene, cause I totally did.. and it WAS very in character. Just a thought.

Oh, I agree - it showed how poor his judgement was. But in his defense, he was battling a migraine. And so on top of that, he didn't want to have to go home to a fight. But you definitely could see that Greg noticed it.

I think it just showed the danger of Grissom being too overworked and especially on a really stressful case. He doesn't think when it comes to anything outside of it.

Normally I think he would've probably told Sara that she needed to respect the lab by not pumping the music, or just saying "Whatever - I'm the boss"

...but maybe not. And to be honest, Grissom used to take a LOT out on Sara when he was feeling particularly testy and then was battling the fact that he didn't want her to know how he felt - so he pulled the Mr. Darcy "ignore and/or be mean" approach.

And I think that, like when he was cold with Nick, he's now being cold to Greg because he exposed how much he cares about him.

That seems, for some reason, to be difficult for Grissom.

Either way - did anyone get the sense that that whole final sequence was just the hearing loss flipped around?

Now he hears everything in magnascope?

I think we'll see, at some point, a scene with Sara clue-ing in to just HOW bad they are.

Meh. I used to have chronic migraines so severe that 90% of the time I needed a shot of Demerol in the ER to get over it. I never took it out on my friends and underlings. *stoic holier-than-thou-art face* HMPH.

I do agree that he often took things out on Nick and Sara in the past. He could be downright mean to Nick on occasion, and he seems to have let up on that. It's probably more that he was sore and stressed than that he just wanted to kick poor Greg. What can I say? It's like my little brother.. I'm protective of my Greggypoo.

I did get that the final sequence was the hearing loss flipped over. I did, however, likely get that because I had you saying it in my ear at the time. ;)

I think Sara should find ways to take his mind off it...I'm sure she could :grin: I don't know about *that*, you gutter freaks rofl, but I could see her getting him in bed and cuddling with him for a nice long while *sigh* Maybe a nice hot bath somewhere in there and a good long rubdown....to relax him, y'know. Maybe with some aromatic vapors involved to soothe his head...

Hey is it hot in here or is it just me? <g>

Meh. I used to have chronic migraines so severe that 90% of the time I needed a shot of Demerol in the ER to get over it. I never took it out on my friends and underlings. *stoic holier-than-thou-art face* HMPH.

So what's your excuse now that you don't have them?

*stoic holier-than-thou-art face*

ANYway... these are "TV problems" - so obviously they're going to make the migraine seem, in many ways, both better and worse than real life. I know someone who gets migraines, and interrogating a suspect in a bright room or walking around on a golf green? Uh, not going to happen.

Now maybe they were suggesting it was just the beginning of a migraine until the end of the episode, but meh.

When he walks in to tell them to "turn down that durned music" (oh grandpa...) they are implicating that he's at a pretty hard level with it.

So they're also trying to make it seem very "Grissom's in agony".

Either way, the scene came off exactly the way it was supposed to - a little bit of "Oh, is there trouble in paradise?" "Does Greg know?" "Does Sara know about the migraines?" and "It's good to see that Sara's his equal now."

About Sara knowing/not knowing... a migraine could probably be pretty easy for him to hide. He could claim he couldn't come over because he had a lot of work. I don't imagine that Sara's the type to listen to loud music with him over, or jack up the TV.

Other noisy activities... cough.

But moving on - I just think that Grissom's shown when he's in pain, he wants to be by himself. And letting other people know he's in pain is extremely difficult for him - he might believe that it makes him look vulnerable or weak. And Sara is probably the last person he wants to look weak to.

But Sara's not stupid - I'm sure she's done the medicine cabinet snoop. Or noticed his change in mood. She could've snapped right back at Grissom, but didn't. She used a fairly gentle voice.

I did, however, likely get that because I had you saying it in my ear at the time.

Uh-huh. And for some reason I have the strangest inkling that a little under-the-desk visit from Sara would've eased Grissom's migraine, but I can't think of why...

sarahvma said:
But Sara's not stupid - I'm sure she's done the medicine cabinet snoop. Or noticed his change in mood. She could've snapped right back at Grissom, but didn't. She used a fairly gentle voice.

I agree, either she found out, or Grissom told her, she knows somehow. Maybe at some point, Sara asked him what was wrong and he explained his migraines, and she was there to comfort him. Simple as that, aww.. that would have been cute though, to see Sara comforting him.

sarahvma said:
Uh-huh. And for some reason I have the strangest inkling that a little under-the-desk visit from Sara would've eased Grissom's migraine, but I can't think of why...

I have no clue. *halo appears above head*

Anyway, I'm going to go back to my 'Grissom family' that I have on Sims. : )

I agree, either she found out, or Grissom told her, she knows somehow. Maybe at some point, Sara asked him what was wrong and he explained his migraines, and she was there to comfort him. Simple as that, aww.. that would have been cute though, to see Sara comforting him.

Yeah, but from what I understand, you really just want to be alone when you have a migraine. So I think it's best that we saw them together before they got *too* bad. Otherwise he may have snapped at her.

And while Sara may know about the migraines, she wouldn't necessarily know that Grissom had just finished interrogating a pedophile and was in the midst of one.

Question: was the opening scene supposed to show that he had a migraine all day, or was it bookending the episode with the final scene and foreshadowing?

If it's the first, then Sara should've known. If the second, then the pedophile brought on his migraine, and Sara wouldn't have.

*Still waiting patiently for a kiss*

interrogating a suspect in a bright room or walking around on a golf green? Uh, not going to happen.
Very true. All you want to do is curl up in a dark room with your head under a pillow and cry.

Other noisy activities... cough.
Such as? Do tell.

But Sara's not stupid - I'm sure she's done the medicine cabinet snoop.
I honestly hope she hasn't. One would think that they have a level of trust going on where she doesn't need to snoop around in his house to answer questions about her. At the same time, I hope that he isn't deliberately hiding something like this from her. It's not fair to either of them.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to my 'Grissom family' that I have on Sims. : )
DUDE, I totally have one of those too! Did you download custom hair for Grissom? I couldn't find appropriately grey hair without making him an elder. sigh. take an in-game snapshot and share with us!

okay, my view on this episode: great episode (although i have only seen a few clips on grissomsararomance.com) and i think that what's happening to grissom, his migraines, are reaaally not good... i thought that sara protecting greg was cool, and i see it as another move in their relationship, cause Grissom listens to sara, and she knows that. so, to protect greg, she takes advance of that situation, and talks to grissom about the whole greg thing. when sara said: 'maybe you can be nice with him', he said nothing for a few seconds, and then he said: just wanna find the boys' he didn't said: no sara, the music is his responsibility, even when YOU were the one turning it on...' he didn't even defend his point about the music, he just listened to sara, and then went further with the case. this means he trusts her, when she says something, he believes here, and does what she asks of him. which is, if you'd ask me, a really important thing in a relationship, you gotta listen to eachother... :)

i think (that's just my theory) that the migraines are the reason that grissom leaves for a couple of episodes. i think it's a very good reason, so, i'm very proud of the writers, cause i think they couldn't have found a better way to let billy take a break. i mean, in most of the soaps, they just let the character die, or they just let him go home, but that's the great thing about csi: the way the characters grow and the situations they are in, are always very original.. :) do you guys think that the migraines are the reason of his absence for a while?

okay, guys, i just read a bunch of FF today including Grissom's Shorts by fogi (MWAHA) and some post-WTG ones. i realized that the blue hawaiian shirt as well as the straw hat match Sara's taste more than Grissom's. when was the first time we've seen The Hat? Bodies In Motion? cuz what if, and it's just a thought, it was Sara who gave him an idea of it, or bought it for him? it would imply they were already together by the time we first saw Grissom in it.

so, it would mean they got together during the summer hiatus and it would confirm GrDa theory.

i know it contradicts WP's Panama theory but it was only about the shirt and not Da Hat. besides, i'm pretty sure we won't see it anymore. i mean The Hat and no beard is something NO ONE should ever see.

... god, TPTB DO NOT MAKE HIM WEAR DA HAT WITHOUT HIS BEARD!humanity is not going to survive this! i'm begging you.

Such as? Do tell.
Pottery. Yarn-spinning. A rousing game of cricket.

... in bed.

Very true. All you want to do is curl up in a dark room with your head under a pillow and cry.

By "cry", do you mean have sex with Sara?

I honestly hope she hasn't. One would think that they have a level of trust going on where she doesn't need to snoop around in his house to answer questions about her. At the same time, I hope that he isn't deliberately hiding something like this from her. It's not fair to either of them.

It has nothing to do with trust. I scoped out your medicine cabinet from Day One. Hell - I cleaned your DVD case. And to a nerd, the DVD case is by far more sacred.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I meant that perhaps she could change his waste basket beneath his desk, sharpen his pencils, beat out the rug. That sort of thing.

Cleanliness really does a word of good.

Response to SGF: I think that if Sara wasn't there, this would've happened a lot sooner. We saw him very dark in Season 4 and 5. Then Season 6, he's suddenly better again. Another reason it was so clearly since Grave Danger. cough. Anyway - but I think being with her staved a lot of this off, but a meltdown was eventual. He always seemed to, from day one, take every hard child-related crime to heart. And being with Sara means he no long puts work first - which has most likely questioned his commitment to it in general.

okay, guys, i just read a bunch of FF today including Grissom's Shorts by fogi (MWAHA) and some post-WTG ones. i realized that the blue hawaiian shirt as well as the straw hat match Sara's taste more than Grissom's.

Or Billy's - seeing as they're his and he has ridiculously elaborate stories explaining both. cough.

lol - How dare you assert Sara would be into paisley... oh. Right. The ugly bedspread. The lamshades. *Sigh* - it's nice to see she likes color in her bedroom, though. Back in Season 2, I think I would've expected... black.

when was the first time we've seen The Hat? Bodies In Motion? cuz what if, and it's just a thought, it was Sara who gave him an idea of it, or bought it for him? it would imply they were already together by the time we first saw Grissom in it.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of fanfics that insist she bought it for him. And while the writers may go with that, Billy says that Grissom was sent the hat from his friend at the Smitsonian. Perhaps Grissom doesn't know you don't have to WEAR joke gifts.

i know it contradicts WP's Panama theory but it was only about the shirt and not Da Hat. besides, i'm pretty sure we won't see it anymore. i mean The Hat and no beard is something NO ONE should ever see.

The Panama story was actually Billy explaining how HE got the shirt. Not Grissom.

... god, TPTB DO NOT MAKE HIM WEAR DA HAT WITHOUT HIS BEARD!humanity is not going to survive this! i'm begging you.

Oh, agreed. The beard made Grissom seem darker and more dangeous, like he'd cut you for laughing at the hat. Now he seems oddly defenseless from our laughter.

MacsGirlMel said:
I think Sara should find ways to take his mind off it...I'm sure she could :grin: I don't know about *that*, you gutter freaks rofl, but I could see her getting him in bed and cuddling with him for a nice long while *sigh* Maybe a nice hot bath somewhere in there and a good long rubdown....to relax him, y'know. Maybe with some aromatic vapors involved to soothe his head...

Hey is it hot in here or is it just me? <g>

I agree. maybe she did take care of him later.. I'm not a headche person.. but my mom had migraines.. horrible.. and wanted to just lie down.. but we never know what happens after the fact ;)Sara.. knows how to handle him..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back