Grissom & Sara #11 - WE know what to do about "This"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steph

Steph Prime Suspect

Spoiler
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    I have to agree with you martini, we may be getting wrong spoiler information or just overreacting. I don't think there will be any triangle scene in this weeks episode and I won't be dissapointed either.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I dont know why the writers are even bringing in a triangle, I like Sofia and even though I understand the hostility, I dont think it should be over Grissom, it should be for other reasons...personality not anything else

3. M4xw311

M4xw311 Rookie

Are they or aren't they in a relationship? What evidence do we have? Let's put them in chronological order.

Evidence nÂș1: Committed at the end of the episode:

GRISSOM: Well, jail or no jail, ... I don't think she'll last six months. She'll die without her son.
    SARA: That would be better for both of them.

Was she talking about her relationship with Grissom or was she talking about her past? The look on Grissom's eyes tell me the first. So It makes sense to me that in this episode they weren't in a relationship. He cares for her but keeping a little distance between them

Evidence 2: Grave Danger

At the begining of the episode, after the credits, they were discussing a case and my question is: What was about the frame and that certificate?

They were interacting like friends, or maybe more. It's like they were seeing how the land lies, testing each other, and when was Grissom so open up? I mean, it was necessary that he gave her all this explanation about the certificate? They were very comfortable with each other.

About the rest of the episode, I don't know. What happend right next after Nick was put in the ambulance? Like i said, I don't know.

Evidence 3: Bodies in Motion

When Sara, Greg, Sofia and Grissom were closing the case about the two teenagers found dead on a car, their interaction it's very comfortable. She take the reins and he is paying attention to her

Evidence 4: Room Service

When she was searching for clues in the car, and Grissom left the scene without a word, a guy asked her:

MTB REP: Why's he leaving?
    SARA: Well, that's kind of what he does.

It looks like she knows him. 'Till what point? Well she is working with him for 6 years. In 6 years, you can know how a person works. So this isn't provatory.

Evidence 5: Bite Me

The room scence. I'm not going to put the scene here because all of us know it very well :).

What was that about "i'm going to see the doctor" with a smile? Well in that scene they said a lot of things for me. That's when i realized that they ARE in a relationship, but I think they weren't sleeping together. All these talking about sex, and Grissom uncomfortable...the look she gave him when he said "Maybe they were suffocating each other and he couldn't breath". I don't think she gave him the look "Who are you talking about?" I think she was saying "Bastard! How could you say that?". But it's my point of view. Her hesitation when she mentioned "or...romance".

Evidence 6: Bite me (again)

Sara and Cath found out that the vic's was having an affair with her boss (a parallelism?) and Catherine says: "lovers and co-workers. That never works.
    Sara quickly look at her, like she was going to reply her, but she continued talking about the case.

Evidence 7: Gum Drops

When Sara arrived to the scene she said that Grissom called her to help Nick with the case. Why he called her istead of calling Nick? He was primary on the case.

Evidence 8: The missing scene

Well, mystery at YTDAW posted the famous missing scene. But it was true? I mean, (please don't take me wrong, mystery posted a lot of scenes and dialogs that after were showed), what proves do we have? It's like a witness (I repeat, don't take me wrong, she shares a lot of information to us. Like Grissom says "I'm following the evidence", and for me she is like a witness, a good witness, but only that. I repected her a lot and I'm grateful for her. I'm just trying to be objective, that's all).

Well I don't know you, but I really think that they are in a relationship. Everybody or at least most of you think that after the missing scene. I'm just trying to put two and two in all we saw since commited. Maybe i don't get the correct words, but it's my point of view.

I'm sorry if my words have mistakes, i'm not an english native and i'm doing my best to express me in that language.

Wow! Did i put all these words? It's the longest post I ever wrote!

4. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

The following makes the assumption that Gris and Sara are already seeing each other during 'Bite Me'...

It's funny what you miss when you're looking for something else...

I watched the 'romance' scene from Bite Me many many times, always analysing and re-analysing the tone of Grissom's voice when he talks about suffocation and the expression on Sara's face when she talks about sex and romance... And I totally missed the subtext going on before that...

Grissom is TOTALLY perplexed by the fact that the couple's living arrangement - and I actually *don't* think it was purely because they slept in separate bedrooms - he's probably seen that a lot over the years... I think what confused him was that this couple went out to dinner, arranged to have the night alone (by getting their daughter out of the house), and all this other romance stuff, but they slept in separate bedrooms. And i think just maybe it is *this* statement which is his comment on his current relationship with Sara, not so much the suffocation comment...

Think about it - what if they were together, they were *dating*, doing the whole romance thing... but Sara had put the breaks on anything sexual happening just yet. We know that Sara considers sex to be something of a committment - her comment to Greg about not viewing sex as a sport tells us this. She's spent 5 plus years, with her feelings for Grissom never bearing fruit... and now they're together. Maybe she's not ready to take that next step until she's ABSOLUTELY SURE that the relationship is working - until she's SURE that this is what he wants and it isn't going to end all of a sudden. So she tells him that she's not ready to sleep with him...

This might confuse Grissom's sensibilities a little - there's been all this UST brewing between him and Sara for all these years, he's finally worked up the courage to give it a go with her, he's wining and dining and making time to be with her and things seem to be going great. And yet there's a roadblock... As Grissom pointed out, Freud said the only unnatural sex was not to have any at all, so maybe he thinks there's something wrong with his relationship with Sara... and it's coloring his view of this couple's relationship...

The suffocating comment might be him just throwing something out there. He doesn't understand the dynamic going on, either between himself and Sara or the dead woman and her hubby. But he knows what his problem has been in the past with his personal life - fear of letting someone in, fear of giving up his hermit status, fear of being known. Maybe he doesn't feel that Sara is suffocating him. Maybe he thinks that he's giving Sara that impression, and that's why she's still keeping him at arms length.

This makes sense when you think about Sara's response. It takes her a moment to figure out what he's saying. She doesn't respond to the suffocation claim - she responds to the separate beds statement. She tells him in no uncertain terms that sex is still an option in their relationship, and so is romance - they don't need to dive in head first and become incredibly serious just yet in order to have a perfectly healthy relationship...

It then takes Grissom a moment to process this, and he excuses himself, not comfortable discussing this in more detail while they're at work. But you could lay money on it that Sara brought the subject up once more later on when they were off shift. And you can tell by the tiny little smirk she gives him that she knows he's got what she was saying...

And that's my film analysis for the day... ;)

5. keesame

keesame Prime Suspect

I have thought it many times before, but I will say it now. Forensicsgirl you ROCK!!!!! What a totally insightful analysis, and everything you have said makes perfect sense, at least to me.... ;)

You know, it often occurs to me to wonder if the writers put even HALF the thought into the nuances of scenes like this that we, the ever faithful GSR shippers do.

NOPE!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ETA: I just rewatched the bedroom scene with your comments in mind, and it all makes sense now. IMHO you are 110% correct! Awesome!

6. 9dots4lines

9dots4lines Lab Technician

I think I may be the youngest one on here. Maybe, dunno.

Anyway, would anyone mind telling me what Grissom's doctor comment in Bite Me meant? It's probably because of my age.

And while reading the posts about the Gum Drops scenes, I heard a few good romantic songs.

ETA: What G/S moment happened in Season 3-4? I'm writing a thing and I don't want to go through each episode. Thanks for the people who do help... I'm writing a fanfic-ish thing.

7. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

Wow, forensicsgirl, just wow! That is an awesome analysis. Really well thought out too. After reading that, it would make sense if they were together, but I still have a feeling TPTB wouldn't do that. No matter how much proof I see, its still just theory.

I mean, look at what the writers have given us for the last 5 seasons. Barely any character development that they bluntly show us. (Did that make sense?) To go from subtle hints, to a whole hidden relationship? To me, it seems unlikely. Sure, they hit us with a marriage, but Warrick wasn't the same case as GSR.

GSR is about angst, confusion and whatever else they give us. (Pure edge-of-the-seat entertainment :lol:). I just don't see them pulling out something that far out of the left field.

JMHO :D

ETA:

Nahh, probably not. I'm probably younger than you :p Woot for young people! :cool:

8. melia

melia Rookie

that was the best analysis I have ever read. you're my hero.

9. greglover14

greglover14 Pathologist

I'm 14 and loving it.

In Season 3-4 there was a lot of angst. In Season 3 there was Hank (ugh), and there was the court scene in The Accused is Entitled. In Season 4 there was a whole lotta angst. There was Butterflied(OMG!) and Bloodlines (another hand-holding scene). Hope that helps. Post your story when you are done.

10. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

I have somewhat of a different theory regarding Bite Me.

I think Sara is offended that Grissom might have been alluding to their new relationship for a second, and wants to get back at Grissom. Then she says, you know, you don't have to sleep...

I think it's a way for her to tell him "whoa. we're not sleeping in the same bedroom (not living together) and we're having sex/romance. doesn't mean one of us is suffocating the other, and you should know better than that."

In any case, I do think Bite Me is a very "off" scene if they are not in a relationship. Sara's usual reaction to an insensitive Grissom is to be sad and give him one of those broken looks/smiles, if I should be honest. Here she was completely playful. And I think it's because she has him already.

Did I say before that I have high hopes for this week's episode? I guess I did, but still... :D

11. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Love all the analysis of Bite Me. For me this episode sold me on the fact that they were in a relationship. First of all because of the way Grissom flashed the light on her and she says "Hi" to him in this cutesy voice which we never see Sara do. Then I agree that I think she was shocked when she heard suffocate come out of Grissom's mouth. For all we know they have been sleeping back and forth at each other's places. However for some reason I see Grissom as the type who would only be comfortable in his place..so I could see them having relations there more. Anyways I do think Bite Me was purely to alert us "hey these two are together people" and that is fine with me if that is the case.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Okay, given the new speculations, coupled with our spoiler, if there is a triangle, here's my ultimate prediction (as we only have about 27 hours before we find out)

Grissom comforting Sofia. Turns into a sloppy uncomfortable-Grissom hug. Sara walks in. He looks up. Their eyes meet. She's mid-sentence about something, and then just walks out. We see him get up and from Sofia's perspective they're having some kind of conversation. Sara leaves. Grissom returns.

If there is any dialogue, I think Sara might slip in something about "work environment inappropriateness". If they're not in a relationship this pertains to her frustration that he never gets close to her. If they are, it's hinting that she's mad that he's keeping it under wraps.

I'm letting my imagination fly here, but it's fun.

I'm putting my money in for that. Because it's highly suggestive without saying anything, which is what they seem to be going for so far this season anyhow.

Plus it's a total killer for both us and Gofias as neither of us know what the hell happened. And TPTB love torture. This might explain all the weird fetish cases.
    --------------------------

BTW Forensicsgirl - I think you're right. As Grissom would say, we were only looking at one piece and you saw the whole puzzle.

Either way, I think that's very plausible. But I almost wonder if the suffocation thing isn't him wondering if he's doing it to her. Maybe it was an indirect way of asking, but she misunderstood and thought it was the other way around.

And God we've done it again - jumped on a lead and turned it into pure GSR. Oh Well. At least we're dedicated.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I think there is nothing wrong with doing what we do best and that's taking GSR, putting it under a microscope and looking at all the possible angles. So, with that said - BRAVO! forensicsgirl! Great analysis!

I agree that Grissom was attempting to "say" something to Sara, more or less, with the comments in Bite Me and I think it worked. She got it. Cause if she didnt, we wouldve seen negative and distant Sara again.

Also, here's another point of view: Maybe they have been "doing the deed" and its really been great for the both of them to get a lot of that "sexual tension" cleared up but maybe they havent actually "slept together" in the same bed all night. And that was the point to Gum Drops. That they finally slept in the same bed, all night till morning. And thats why they were so comfortable the next morning. Not saying this is right but its just a thought.

And - i cant wait - thursday is practically here!

BTW: off topic - im getting my son the csi fingerprint kit for christmas! you know who will be the first to play with it!

14. brandie

brandie Prime Suspect

Lucky son! I want it... might just buy it for myself :)

15. Guest

Guest Guest

If the cut scene in GD was planned from the beginning then the lack of GSR UST makes complete sense. They couldn't show them pining for each other and they couldn't give anything away...it was a double edged sword.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.