Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tap

i like the one that was in butterflied better. it would have benn nice if they left the making love in there though ^_^
I think it is a little too soapy

You guys... I just love you guys...
wub.gif

Great pics & debate from you guys last night. I agree with everyone who said that Sara's too professional to cause a scene.

I think that its going to be something like - Sara sees Sofia & Grissom quietly talking in his office - Sofia's upset and Grissom is being kind to her. Sara tries to shrug it off and goes in with some evidence or something that Grissom needs to see. Sofia leaves and Sara is being TOO Professional with Grissom - short to the point, no warmth at all. And Grissom picks up on it. He asks if anything is wrong. Sara says no... pause... then asks if everything is ok with Sofia. Grissom gets a knowing look in his eyes - as if to say "Ah... that's what's wrong" He tells Sara that Sofia's upset because of the shooting incident and needed to talk. Sara gives him a half smile and says 'Well, you're a good listener.' She turns to leave but is stopped by Grissom's voice 'Anything you'd like to talk about? Say... over dinner?'

Ahem, yes, well maybe I slipped off into wishful thinking land at the end there.... :)

jojoirishjojo wrote:
Are u from Ireland too? currently RTE are only showing Mamai and New York and not the orignal so i have only seen half way through the 4th season!! im suffering from withdrawal!!! Sucks doesnt it!!!!

I'm up in Belfast, so I have the benefit of Channel five and Living TV as well as RTE - but those are still repeats... patiently tearing my hair out waiting for season 6 in January... *whimper*

ehmm i don't think that grissom will explain anything and that he will just ignore the whole situation and just be glad that sara is being totally professional..that way we know she can keep personal and professional seperate..it's more likely :p

Ehhh what I like in GSR, that since realisation the feeling towards eachother, they try not to touch eachothers. Did you notice that? It's like that movie : "He loves you" "How do you know?" "He never touches you" .I don't know if I ever posted about this, but if I did sorry for repeating myself.
Anyway, that way every brushed chalk, every holding hands mean so much.

zakleta_w_sokola, that was a very good point you made. The few touches we do see them have do seem to set off sparks. I still say the reason why we don't see touches occur more often is for one I thing if he actually touched her the way he wanted, Grissom knows there would be no going back. I think she is afraid for the same reason, or afraid of stepping over that line. She saw how it affected him when she brushed off the "chalk" and I think that showed her right there all she needed to know.

Grissly, Athena, I PM'd you both with the links.
Thanks!

Athena, that picture of Grissom is priceless. That picture just got my imagination going full throttle as to what Sara might be doing to Grissom. *THUD* Thanks for pulling me even deeper into the cozy GSR gutter.
Then my evil plan is working mwhahahha!
Evil.gif

By the way, I really can't believe people trying to argue that Butterflied was not about GSR. It is almost funny. They claim that Grissom said "someone we could care about" so it means that he doesn't really care about Sara but he could have. Hilarious Although I love the subtlety in GSR, I sometimes want an unambiguous, cheesy, in-your-face moment so that noone can deny what is going on...

Which, really, is the genuis of the way it was played: if they leave it more open-ended and open to interpretation (which, actually is what the writers/producers said in the commentary was why they want with the more vague version) it creates the "did I just see what I thought I saw..." moment. And also, it doesn't create as much tension or suspense in the workplace if Grissom is more placid about it. And, of course, when GSR happens it will come as a greater surprise to our Snickers/Gofia friends!!! lol.

As for the whole "twisting things to your ship" idea, we do it plenty here, too. Let's face facts: Sofia's dinner invitation was a date, but it appears it didn't go anywhere (a good sign, actually) and that while he enjoys flirting with her (deal with it) it's almost like Sofia is his dating safety net. He knows he doesn't care enough about her for it to be serious, but the man needs something now and then - he's not a robot. Plus at the time, Sara is going through a lot of things. It's possible he was venting frustration at it not being the right time to do anything, was he so inclined.

Really, it is hilarious how people have the face to argue that there are more other-ship moments in this show than GSR moments. OK, you can say it won't happen in the end, but how can you deny the existence of the moments? Well anyway... :rolleyes:I think GSR has so many anti's because people know it is most likely to happen and therefore the biggest threat to whomever they are shipping.

And I am all for subtle as long as our geeks come together in the end!

EDIT: Well I don't agree with that, Sarahvma. We could be twisting some things, but I don't think it was obvious that the Sofia thing was a date. Do you think he would invite her out if she didn't say she was leaving? He probably invited her out to take advantage of her apparent attraction to him, and maybe even wanted her to feel that it might be more. He was donning his "the charming Dr. Gil Grissom" looks. But I think Grissom, if he is asking out a woman out romantically, would be with her at the end. He was on a date with Terri Miller. It was obvious it was a date. And he would go further if the case didn't interrupt. I find it hard to imagine it was the same with Sofia. He even had no idea she was back this season. And I think if Grissom gave any impression during the dinner that this could be something more, Sofia would for sure seize the opportunity and there would be something more between them.

I agree Grisslybear, we have never really seen evidence of Sohpia and Grissom being romantic toward each other. I mean Grissom can seem flirty with other women, yes I agree. I have always thought him asking her to dinner was solely for the purpose of getting her to not quit the job. With Terri Miller that was a whole other story. I believe he had a genuine attraction for her and the only reason that didn't go further cause he let the job interfere. I think since Butterflied his eyes have opened up a whole lot and as time passes he is realizing more and more his life is passing him. So, even if there is a little Sophia thing I think he is just being a good boss and mentoring her. I don't think he is interested in her other than being a friend.

i dont think there is any evidence of grissom being interested in sofia. but i think sofia was definatly interested in grissom. remember in "bodies in motion" when sofia said "there are some things i'll miss" i wanted to throw a shoe at her.

remember in "bodies in motion" when sofia said "there are some things i'll miss" i wanted to throw a shoe at her.

:lol: Now you put this mental image in my head and I can't stop laughing... :D Still, we had the "go detect!" line so it was good. :D

Anyway, I'll stop before forensicsgirl needs to warn us about bashing Sofia. Let's go easy on the woman anyway, we know she has a purpose in the show ;)

Really, it is hilarious how people have the face to argue that there are more other-ship moments in this show than GSR moments. OK, you can say it won't happen in the end, but how can you deny the existence of the moments? Well anyway... I think GSR has so many anti's because people know it is most likely to happen and therefore the biggest threat to whomever they are shipping.

Amen to that. I've felt like that forever. They think it's a threat to thier ship because there's actually evidence of eomantic feelings so they hate it. But I'll stop and be nice now before nice now before forensicsgirl squirts me with her water pistol.

I think that they hate us for basically two reasons.

1) We have hard, concrete, proof that there is something going on between Grissom and Sara (hello... Butterflied anyone?). Jorja Fox and William Petersen have both openly stated there is something there.

2) We ship so hard. We always defend our ship, it says so in our constituition. I think some people take it as being obnoxious, well we only do it because we have to. We took an oath, we stick to it.

My thought of the day:
GSR is like a sneeze or the hiccups. If you anticipate it too much, they'll go away. Leave it alone and they'll continue.

and what number episode is being shown three or four weeks from today? Knowing both would help out a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back