Grissom Gets 'Intimate'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 28, 2008.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Hmm. But what kind of relationship is it when Sara chases after an oblivious Grissom and then when she finally gets what she wants, leaves? I don't know what you mean by Lady Heather being in a "good place", but I certainly don't see her adding angst and chaos into Grissom's life. They're very good friends, and when she needed help in "The Good, the Bad and the Dominatrix" Grissom did what a friend does and gave help.

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Yawn. I get the feeling that some people just can't help but derogate Lady Heather because they can't stand the thought that she is, as Catherine said, the only woman that rattles Grissom. Hmmm jealous maybe?

JMHO. :)

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm interested in if Grissom is in such a 'good place' like you said desertwind, why is he turning to Heather?

I think the reason to bring Lady Heather is because she means something to him! She obivously 'got him' she knew him more than he would have liked just from the first time they met. Yes she 'rattled him' in a way he felt compelled to help her. She didn't ask for it, in fact she didn't want his help, again, SHE MEANT SOMETHING TO HIM!

Lady Heather is not someone that Grissom easily forgot. Even if they live in the same city, Las Vegas is HUGE and they wouldn't run into each other in very many places. And besides, who's to say they haven't???

I want to know how 'intimate' they get. Besides, two people can get 'intimate' without the sex. In Lady Heather's world, that is more sacred than sex. So, this should be interesting how they put it together.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I don't consider a "good friendship" someone I saw 4 times in almost 9 years, I see my friends on a regular basis if not in person, by phone or e-mail or letters/cards. And he has done two or three things for her, stopped her from beating a guy to death, so violent that made him a lot baffeled/confused, he always has a strained expression when she's around! and brought back to her the grandaughter, what has she done, oh yeah gave him a creepy mask from her "house of S & M and I noticed that in "GDC" he had it way over by his staircase, as not to have to look at it every day and on the "rattles ones cage" [repeats self] is not a calm, happy, serene, description, it's negative.:(. and jealous of what? this character come across to me as a Halloween character at a bad party! this will be the last time we ever have to see her, and everyone does have characters their glad to see return to CSI, and ones they're not! and I can't get into *spoiler* talk or ship talk so I won't but I will add this, it's not what you think and you'll all be surprised, someone else is with him when SHE comes to him!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I agree with you there, we all have our favorites so it's interesting when they are no longer on the show then come back.

I also think the way the By-line was written Grissom Gets 'Intimate' was to pique our attention, those who ship Grissom with Sara and those that don't.

I guess we'll have to see how the episode turns out.

6. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Actually, Grissom pulled away because he knew he'd screwed up with her and couldn't make it right. Something she alluded to in "PotTR" when she said "You forefeited the right to give me advice some time ago."

It's pretty much a given she intrigues him, and given the chance, he'd have handled the thing in "LHB" differently. Note in a very real way Lady Heather is his intellectual equal, in a way that Sara is not. She fascinates Grissom, and she felt the same way about him.

Note, that it wasn't until AFTER he screwed things up with her that there was any HINT of romantic feeling towards Sara on his part. She was able to read him like a book, and he didn't like that and was afraid of it.

As far as doing things for him, maybe it's something on a more intellectual level. Maybe it's the mutual fascination between the two of them that kept something there. The most telling thing is that in "PotTR" Grissom understood the "Safeword" and knew how to make her stop.

Also, Grissom can't be that happy, now can he? The only woman he had ever truly loved left him, ran out on him with just a note saying "I can't be here or else I'll self destruct in front of you." Yeah, that's a solid relationship :wtf:

Besides, with Heather, the "Rattling one's cage" is not necessarily negative. I think was more metaphoric, meaning she got to him, the inside of him and understood him.

Exactly. Heather knew Grissom. She got him and she meant something to him. Why else would he have gone to her house and spent the night with her like that. Also, notice the way she called his name when she saw him in the hospital room doorway. Obviously, he meant something to her.

Don't forget, She and Grissom have already been "Intimate" in that they've had a lot of deep conversation the times he's been over at her house. That's intimate, to me. Actually, that is oftentimes more intimate than any sexual act could be.

I think that the reason for him having a "strained expression" (though I don't see it) is the fact that he knows she's reading his every thought and desire and that's something that takes getting used to.

I'm really excited for her return. I just hope they bring her back stronger than she was the last couple of times. However, I'll chalk that up to grief, and she'll definitely be stronger.

7. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

desertwind, after reading your post, I went through CSI and Shipper Central, where spoilers are allowed, and couldn't find any reference to someone else being with him. If you have some new spoiler stuff, would you be willing to share it with us in one of the "spoilers-allowed" threads? And don't worry, I'm pretty sure a sexual relationship with LH is the furthest thing from the writers' minds at this point. Most likely, it only means that, as poorly as I think they've handled LH's development, the writers want to tie up all G's "loose ends" before he leaves. And, at least in the minds of most of us Heather fans, they have not done so in a satisfying manner, to date.

8. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

I know alot of spoilers, like alot of fans, and I feel like this whole LH thing is a big ol' "let's get everyone talking" thing. I am not worried about Heather and Grissom. HE loves and is engaged (or married) to Sara. Heather is a friend. Plain and simple. Heather is also a very smart, insightful, and 'all about sex' woman. Grissom is loyal, brilliant,kind, and honest man who is in a deeply committed relationship with a woman he has loved for over nine years. I am very comfortable with the GSR and I know Grissom will not ever cheat on Sara. He is a good man. He will be there to do his job and hellp a friend. That's it.

9. Desertwind

Just to reiterate, on this character Lady Heather, I as well was intrigued and fascinated by her in "LHB' and actually saw another soft romantic side of Grissom, but when he took her down to the the station and had Brass interogate her, [which btw, was brilliant, great scene] she was miffed off, and probably held a grudge against him, them 3 years elasped, and we didn't see her, and can you really picture Grissom living in her "house" always snooping and sniffing around for evidence of some sort? it just never went anywhere!!!! then when she returned in 'PIRATES' and slept with her daughters murderer, [even Cath was appalled] and was beating a guy to death, he saw a different side as we did, and my belief was turned off:( and then in 'TGTBATD" a absurd ep. in my opinion, cause' we were dealing with the minature killer issue, and this ep. threw it off kilter, Brass "get some help" exactly! and on "their connection" I saw it as pity and sorrow and a bit of guilt, from the past events, so he did her a favor, and that was it, or so we thought:confused:she's not on the same moral ground that he is for one thing, and as far as her "intelligence" Sara beats her out, she's the smart one, and he sees that, and that's why he's with her.... in the fact she takes care of her own problems, and LH is always in some mess that see causes herself and he's there to help her out.. I guess the LH fans will be let down and disapointed on her being in ONE ep. and then poof, gone, and he'll still be with the same person, and when he does leave, it won't be with Lady Heather!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  10. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

desertwind, I’m glad you mentioned the strong, interesting character of the first two LH epis. However, Grissom’s behavior in LHB was pretty unforgivable. Because Heather uses the same type of insulin that killed the victim, therefore she did it? What? He knew the nature of her establishment was openness because you trust your people, therefore everyone had access to her insulin. If he had just explained why he couldn’t handle the insulin until it was collected by the lab, she would not have reacted so negatively. I think the point of his behavior was to illustrate his difficulty with social situations, not suspicion of LH. In retrospect, and playing devil’s advocate, LH’s understanding of human psychology should have kicked in after her initial disbelief in his behavior, but I think she really cared and was beginning to trust him more than anyone around her, so was very, very hurt. However, two years is a long time to hold that grudge! I totally agree that the writers took LH in a ridiculous direction after LHB. I’ll bet Melinda Clarke wasn’t thrilled with it, either. The strong character of the first two epis would not have disintegrated after her daughter’s death, she would have mourned, continued blaming herself, but would have found a way to go on. If TPTB allow LH to have recovered her sanity in the upcoming epi, I think her path will have somewhat paralleled Cat’s life; now that could be an interesting pairing! Oh, but wait, that would belong in another thread altogether. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  11. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yeah, I'll agree that she was upset with him in "LHB," and while AI don't necessarily think she held a grudge, well, let's just say she wasn't as open with him and didn't REALLY trust him as much after that.

As far as "PotTR" and "TGtBatD" obviously, Grissom still cared about her, and maybe what he was doing was to make up for his past bad behavior. Obviously, she stuck in his head and stayed with him. Note that Heather DID NOT want his help. She said "Leave me alone" but he brought her granddaughter to her, a relationship that she wanted. I can imagine in her post traumatic grief haze over losing the relationship with her daughter, and then losing any chance to reconcile with her daughter she got a bit crazy.

I see Lady Heather as a very strong person who takes what she wants. She wanted her daughter's killer to see justice, so she slept with him, which I can't even fathom what it took for her to actually do that and not kill the man right there; and then she snapped and went after him. Then, she decided, that if she couldn't have her granddaughter, she'd give her the next best thing. I kind of agree that it's rather OOC for her to just offer her life up like that, especially because of her strength. It seems that Lady Heather would have sold her business, invested the money and found a way to put all of that into a trust in her granddaughter's name instead of offing herself....

By contrast, IMO Sara is NOT a strong person. Look at the mess her personal life was in seasons 4 and 5. The drinking, the outbursts, etc. She's quite lucky that she didn't get fired for all of that. Then, afterwards when she was on a more even keel, it was because she had Grissom to help her through her troubles. The thing that gets me is that in season 8 rather than let Grissom help her through her problems, she LEFT HIM with only a note. Talk about poor ettiquette. He didn't go after her, and all we know is that she was visiting her mom. That doesn't sound like true love, and it definitely doesn't sound like two people who are going to get married any time soon.

Plus, she's only going to be in three episodes this upcoming season, so if she comes back in the first one, visit's the coma patient's husband in the second, is she going to be in the third one, too? Then when are she and Grissom going to have their perfect moment of "Riding off into the Desert?" Try never.

It sounds like a night at Lady Heather's is just what Grissom needs. Clear his head from all the negativity

12. Desertwind

So many views, theories ideas, and opinions, on one character who's coming back for one episode, WOW, but the fact remains LH is not his girlfriend, and on Sara's problems at least she never ran a "house of ill repute" & took off to solve her own "ghosts" and will come back to him a happier healthy girl, they've both had many problems but LH never seemed to be able to take care of her's, and fans can discuss and disect the character till the cows come home, every one has their own take on this!.......... but on Jorja's "how many, will she be on" she "inked a deal" and the buzz is from 1-6 episodes so far, they haven't even started filming the remainder so time will tell how many she's in! but you can read William Petersen's take on the "leaving together" and this is from his lips! he talks about his "exit" and who's "involved", and it's not Lady Heather!

http://www.csifiles.com/news/150708_01.shtml

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Actually, Ausiello has her number of episodes as "3."

14. Desertwind

Ausiello, and he's about as reliable as some of the WIKI sites out there! also said that Sara "probably didn't make it" in the last episode she was "DD" in where she was trapped under the car, well did she make it? and until CBS releases this info, not the EW guy, we really don't know, I've got an e-mail out to David Rambo, and he's replied before and is very gracious, so when he confirms this, I'll post it! till then, I'm not interested in commenting on this thread anymore or about a character I have no interest in, or Sara Sidle, or Grissom or "who will he be with" but will continue to post on the threads that do interest me, and pertain to these issues!

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Michael Auseillo lied about everything, but I will wait and see if he is telling us the truth. Ooh, wait, he is no longer on Tvguide.com anymore and he left the job for Entertainment Weekly and you can find him there. He left TVGuide last month.