Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Hi Lori K, and welcome to the GSR thread! That is an awesome video, isn't it? It really sums up a great storyline.

As to your question about when Grissom and and Sara actually first got together, it's still a mystery. Most tend to believe it happened sometime near the end of season 5, off screen. There were hints of a relationship throughout season 6, and then it was confirmed in the season 6 finale. That's a great one to watch, BTW; you won't see Grissom in a kimono, but he is in a Hawaiian shirt, and Sara is wearing the kimono. :hugegrin: Season 7 was awesome; they had lots of great scenes together, but we didn't get a kiss til Sara left in season 8. After that, it got really angsty until Grissom left to join her in that wonderful reunion scene in Costa Rica. :adore:

We do know that they had a relationship pre-CSI, but we don't know the exact nature of it, whether it was intimate or just friendly. The episode 'Butterflied' in season 4 was really the first time we saw that Grissom had deeper feelings for Sara but was hesitant to act on them.

The writers seem to like keeping aspects of the relationship a mystery, still. I guess that goes with the nature of the show. But after a very long 9 1/2 years, we finally got our 'happy ending'. :)

Now that Grissom and Sara are married (yay!), and Sara is back on the show, we hope to see Grissom back as well, maybe for an appearance now and then. There are mentions of him in some episodes this season by Sara, and it's those little tidbits about their marriage that keep us going. :)

Good luck to you and your ship!

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes indeed welcome Lori_K [​IMG] glad your here, and when they got together even all the hard-core GSR fans have different interpretations on that. He told Ecklie "9 years" and Sara said "2", and she laughed in "Ala Cart when they shared their two different "when's" He's such a geek, he thought in his mind since they met, and I think she was talking about when they consumated their relationship in the bedroom. For me a fanatic GSR fan I always thought it was "Nesting Dolls", it was a Saturday according to her, and he did go over to her house on a Saturday. And after the comforting and hand holding I think they took it to the next level. Even Ecklie asked "what are you going to do about her" and Grissom goes "I've taken care of it":p But regardless of when, or why. they were always meant to be together, and that their 'married' is the highlight of the romantic part of CSI:thumbsup:

NEVER SAY NEVER

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I said after Graves Danger. Nick got Sara and Grissom together, but Nick doesn't know that that was him got them together. That was a guess.

Welcome to the csi files and gsr thread, LoriK. I hope you will enjoy this files.

4. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

I think a GSR bedroom scene is in order… *waves magic wand*
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    A tribute to the ‘gsr relive’ and a welcome to Lori K.

Ahaha.. indeed Desertwind, even GSR fans are fighting when or what episode exactly they became intimate, different opinions, guesses and as far as I remember I think we have not agreed on what episode really?

Thanks to jtd94 for helping the very good explanation. I could have not summarize on brief note. ;)

For me I would say is post Committed (episode 5x21). I did not follow CSI-LV from the beginning only then during Season 6 when I watched the episode 6x22 Time of your Death *that* ending scene when I knew something is going on. So I traced back prior seasons to know the ‘history’. It has been a long journey from then to now, many ups and down on the relationship. And even after a year had passed after that reunion in Costa Rica, GSR fans still in heaven…:luvlove::luvlove: ...
    Oh come on admit it... ;) There are still crazy gsr’ers on the loose…:lol:

Lori K hope you enjoy GSR ship also.

Hey ladies, this is so nice, I read this years back. Even the writers were fighting on GSR. Hereto, a re-post: (bolding is mine)
    Another one, when asked if the relationship new?:
    All from CM interview.

She is a GSR supporter isn't she?

On other note, what season is CSI:NY now? *tempting*

5. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

WOW! Is that an edited picture or a photo shoot? I can't recall actually seeing Sara on the bed in that scene... If that's edited, I totally fell for it.
    Mmm, "Committed" was definitely a good episode. When I saw Sara trapped in that room for the first time, it was totally breathtaking. I saw the scene again online, and would it be possible that the relationship started a little before then? I mean, look at the way Grissom looked at her.
    Haha, GSR fans still crawl around [and gapes/squeals at the TV whenever Sara mentions Grissom].
    These quotes are from Jorja? Or whose quotes are these on the interview?

[By the way, CSI:NY is on Season 6]

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I tend to go with the post-Committed scenario also. The look on Grissom's face during the 'Sara in peril' scene was pretty telling. Plus, considering how the writers often use episode titles to mean other things than the obvious, I think the title 'Committed' could also have been referring to Grissom and Sara's relationship; ie, finally, Grissom gave into his feelings and 'committed' himself to a relationship with Sara.

The post-Grave Danger scenario is also a popular one. I think the 'Trigger' scene was so playful and cute at the beginning of GD, that I believe they already had something going on.

I wonder if we will ever know. :)

PianoWizzy, I think those quotes are from Carol Mendelsohn, the showrunner. And regarding the picture of Sara on the bed, the one on the left is more how it was aired, where she was leaning forward on the bed, not actually laying on it; that happened later after the screen went black. :lol:

7. Desertwind

WELCOME PianoWizzy glad your with us,[​IMG] and have fun:thumbsup: and on the "Committed" ep, he was concerned , but the last scene when Sara was watching through the window, at the bizarre sick mother who had a disgusting relationship with her son and saying "how it would be better for both of them" if she died in prison, Grissom just walked away from her. I was going "put your arms around her now, she needs you" and when the relationship between them happened, unless they tell us someday, it'll always be up for spectulation. At one time he was having drinks with Terri Miller:( why, if he was enamored with Sara? And on the Lady Heather fiasco, that was always a joke to me, she was never "marriage material" for him:rolleyes: But CM is a GSR shipper and the head honch writer plus ex. producer so I'll go with what she says, for now. And x3nity " waves magic wand" funny:lol:

FALLEN IDOLS

AFTER THE SCREEN WENT BLACK

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!:thumbsup:
    First I started watching reruns on spike TV and then I just LOVE Grissom so I bought the first season and now I am up to season four!:lol: I get confused as too which ones I saw when like if they were reruns or the dvds in season order. I did see the one where Sarah was trapped in the mental hospital the guy that had her in the room played a serial killer in CSINY. With Grissom it is so hard to guess how he feels and what he is thinking but when that Butterflied episode played and he invisioned Sarah in the mirror I figured there must be something there plus he is trying to avoid her in that episode.!. Of course I know how the ship turns out:lol: Safe to bet they are living happily ever after, but something tells me when he first got to Costa Rica Sarah had a bit of competition with all those bugs!!:lol:

9. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

@jtd94- LOL. Is that really? What was Jorja going up on the bed for?? And thanks for clearing that up... I'll have to admit it was only just now I realized Carol was a female.... man that feels awkward.

@DesertWind-
    HOLY CRAP. I couldn't feel my heart beating for at least 10 seconds after clicking that. Obviously I haven't seen it before. Where did you get that?

I don't think I've seen that scene. It was at the end, you say? Well I'll see... Eww. Don't even mention that Miller lady. SO not the right girl for Gil. And Lady Heather? I think he just wanted some kicks. Other than that, I think he looked at Heather like a newly discovered species of insect. :lol: Interested, but not so much love interest.

@Lori- Hey, Spike is where I watch my reruns! =] Yeah I can imagine how distracted from Sara Grissom must have been in Costa Rica. :lol:

10. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

Another hugs to PianoWizzy, welcome to this asylum. How's your heart? Desertwind has her way of making you lost your mind sometimes... ;)
    Yeah!... tell me about it. Like always on the lookout on the wedding band of the Mrs.

Whoah! That is cute... I did not think of that. I was looking at the pretty obvious and have played it a hundred times over. Now I'm going to FanFic to see that kind of plot.
    Was there ever a Grissom and Mac Taylor encounter in CSI's? Cross over? *just curious*

Oh, jtd, i love 'Committed' so much i have my heart on that episode that's why i voted for that.
    About episode titles, yeah i think writers do that. Like I somehow connected "doll" in association of Sara (Nesting Doll, DD and LD). And the Way to Go and One to Go, what is that? I kinda claim '..To Go..' a GSR ownership, :lol: . Among other things.

11. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

Thank you for the hugs and welcomes! ^_^ Asylum? I'm already in one. My school is full of rather... insane yet intelligent kids. And I lost my mind a long time ago to Elton John. ANYWAY....

I did always stare at Sara's hand after seeing her wedding band. Again, it makes us all go "SQUEEEEEEEEALLL!" and I nearly fell off the couch myself!
    I think I've read a fanfic or two with Grissom being totally distracted by the bugs but he always comes back to Sara. :) Of course, look out for the ratings. :lol:
    In CSI, no, Grissom has never had an encounter with Mac Taylor, considering the fact that William Petersen was very opposed to the spinoffs of the show. That's also why he didn't go to Miami-Dade. ;)

12. Desertwind

From COMMITTED" on the crazies "Crazy people do make me feel crazy":evil: And on the kissing collage PianoWizzy I have no idea where that came from, after 10 years I forget, :confused: but glad you liked it:p Sara loves bugs and she really loves Butterflies their signature for sure. Remember "Butterflied"? so poignant so romantic[​IMG] And Grissom did to a crossover two-parter with Anthony [WOAT] LaPalgia in the "Who Or What"~

THINGS THEY LOVE

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  13. x3nity

x3nity Lab Technician

And I thought I'm the only one here with the obsession. :lol:

May i request for the link of those? There were really some good stories [on the other side], very good writers who fills in the gap of what I/we don't see on screen. That sometimes I weigh on which better, to see Sara on tv or not because we know she's with the husband, :lol. But we tend to be selfish sometimes.... we'd like to see of course! plus the husband.

--------
    A 'Committed' scene:
    [​IMG]
    "We've come a long way, baby."

*Grissom said, baby!* ;)

14. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

Nope, we're all far too excited when we see Sara in new episodes nowadays. I hope I wasn't the only one gaping at the screen when she mentioned her honey moon in the ep Unshockable. :lol:

Mmmm... ahh.... You'll have to search those stories yourself, because a number are rated M. Hey, don't blame me, I hardly look at the ratings before clicking on a title anyway. :angel:

Tend to be selfish? I think we're just plain selfish. :lol: After all, we're all getting upset when Grissom left the show.

By the way, are the rumors I'm hearing about Grissom appearing on the season 10 finale true?? 'Cause I need a whole lot of new GSR moments right now.

15. Desertwind

We never know what William Petersen will do or not do, right now he's rehearsing for his play "Endgame" in Chicago, lasting through May, so I don't think so, this season, beings it ends in May, S/10 that is. But one never knows, and I don't think they would let fans know, it will be a big surprise. It would be incredible if he showed up to see Sara and his old team buddies. Jorja has been in Chicago visiting him, so bet she knows. They have to keep so many secrets about CSI. We just have to sit this one out. Two more months and S/10 is finis.:( Boy did this season go fast:wtf:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.