"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

Ok well I'm on my lunch break, and after watching it again here on my computer, (One of the doctors has a DVD burner and gave me a copy.) I'm still wonderfully impressed. You know I noticed this the second time around, but its nice to see the 'family dynamic' back! (ie: Grissom-father, Catherine-mother, Warrick, Nick, Sara, Greg-the kids.) I really felt that way watching Nick's rescue, Nick's own parents couldn't be there to help him out, so surrogate papa Grissom did it, you could see Nick revert to being a child again when Grissom called him "Poncho", and in the ambulance, Catherine took over with Warrick to help Nick on his long road to recovery. It makes me wonder if they really have this type of relationship on set. (I've read somewhere that they do.) Anyways all in all a great episode, however the only down side was that the hype ruined it for me...... Unlike the rest of you, I didn't cry, drink, or stuff myself with chocolate. Oh well, I guess next time I'll know better.

Yeah, I said the same thing Minnie. I wish I hadn't watched all those spoilers!

Damn I'm sooo weak!

Two quick things that I know are going to be shot down in seconds...but first to answer the question a century ago that asked why the coffin's lid wasn't cracked.

My guess is that the lid was seperate from the body of the box, that was probably fused at the corners. That allowed the cracks from the bullet hole(s???) to spread along the sides and foot/top of the box, but not the lid. We didn't get to see the cracks run along the top of the box either, just the sides.

Okay, my two questions.

1. How did Nick miss the ants coming into the box?? There has to be a good reason for it. When they showed the ants there were already hundreds in the box and that was maybe 1 or 2 minutes after they showed a full shot of Nick and the box, which was ant free...does anyone know or have any ideas?

and 2. If the ants were coming in from the hole in the foot of the box, why didn't Nick just put his foot over the hole? Sure there were already ants in the box but that would prevent any more from coming in...

By no means am I trying to be nitpicky, it's just things I notice/things my mom feels the need to complain about.... :rolleyes:

Posted by csinut:
That was well done. I really felt sorry for Grissom then. For one of first times I wanted someone to shove Catherine out of the back of the ambulance and Gris to go with him to the hospital. It felt right that Warrick was there, they are best buds and all, but Catherine, even if she is their boss, felt, almost like an inturder...

I felt the same exact way! :) I was waiting for Grissom to get in the ambulance beside Warrick, but Catherine pushed her way in. I think they should have had some sort scene between Grissom and Nick to the end the season. He is sort of like his dad, with Nick always trying to please Grissom, and Nick not feeling like he lived up to Grissoms expectations.

Are you guys joking? That was so meaningful, that's what gave birth to the "I want my team back comment". It was perfect having Grissom say that as they drove off in the ambulance.

I LOVED this episode. I felt so anxious during the entire thing, but it was worth it.

Grissom showed more emotion than we've ever seen from him. Some people don't cry, it doen't mean they aren't upset. If you couldn't see all the emotions running through him, especially when he was face to face with the kidnapper, and the infamous "Poncho" scene, you're down right blind people! ;)

Catherine and Warrick got to me the most. Fantastic acting by Gary and Marg! The scene where they dug up the dog was heartbreaking, and when Catherine found where Nick was burried and starting digging with her bare hands, I did cry.

Hodges was fantastic, as was Ecklie.

I can't even express what I thought about George Eads' acting. That had to be an incredibly draining experience, filming that. He was amazing.

Posted by LabRat101:
Okay, my two questions.

1. How did Nick miss the ants coming into the box?? There has to be a good reason for it. When they showed the ants there were already hundreds in the box and that was maybe 1 or 2 minutes after they showed a full shot of Nick and the box, which was ant free...does anyone know or have any ideas?

and 2. If the ants were coming in from the hole in the foot of the box, why didn't Nick just put his foot over the hole? Sure there were already ants in the box but that would prevent any more from coming in...

After the box cracked, appparently part of it also collapsed, bringing in ants and dirt. As you saw some dirt was covering Nick's leg. Smell, heat and perhaps even bubble gum lured the ants towards the box.

I liked this episode a lot.

Very good overall. A few little nit-picky things, but overall, great! Although...I did have a flashback to Star Trek 2 where Kirk and Spock do the glass-hand thing. :rolleyes: but somehow even then it worked.

Greg and Sara showed enough emotion, and more to it, in-character emotion. I think Greg throwing a fit or Sara balling her eyes out in Grissom's arms would have been a little too out-of-character. Then again, in grief, everyone responds differently, right? So my point is that I actually thought the portrayal of emotions they exhibited was very good.

Ecklie...he's not as bad, but I loved the forshadowing of him telling the cute teckie guy (what IS his name) that there was no room in his budget to send him to a confrence, and that the all-important entomology books were not bought by the department. So, Ecklie's goodness in this ep was evenly matched by his Ecklieness.

Poor Nick! A very well-done job...yech, you could almost feel the ants on your *own* body with that performance. So good!

Hehe, Grissom as a kid liking TV...funny.

But...weren't there teasers and/or spoilers that someone was perhaps leaving? Because really it just seemed the new characters that came this year are going to be around less. Is any of the cast leaving?

Okay... I officially hate Tarantino now. This is not good for my heart. I'm still trembling. my hands are trembling as I type this. buried alive...ants...ok...that is just from Tarantino's sick mind. Buried alive is not just enough for that guy.

Someone mentioned if anyone else cried. I cried. I cried when Nick started screaming and banging on the plexi glass.

I think I'm going to watch something cheerful now. my poor heart...man...

49 replies since i posted early in the morning of the 20th, and all the posts, they were discussion/opinions and reviews in one, awesome job, and were to 5 pages and its just over 24 hrs since i opened this thread up for this.
Lets keep up the good work, your doing well.

But remember when branching out please Read "Reguarding spoilers" post, it's asking for compromise, to help those who do not want to be spoiled, and who won't see this until it comes into their area, your help is appreciated. ;)

this ep was fantastic. everyone was brilliant in it. George Eads was amazing playing all those emotions, he must've been in like a dark phase for a while prepping for his coffin scenes. the emotions everyone played were genuine. i liked how some of the CSIs,like Greg and Hodges, kept it together but still cared, they were almost like the anchors of the show while everyone else was like stressed to the max. Ecklie i could not believe how he actually cared and was willing to throw everything out the window for Nick, my mouth was like on the floor i just couldn't get over it. i felt soo bad for Warrick i can't even imagine the guilt he must've felt.

Tarantino: there are like no words for how intelligent this man is. his movies are crazy and thrilling and he made CSI almost thrilling as his movies are. anyone that has ever seen a Tarantino flick could definately tell it was his work:Warrick and Nick's- what i like to call- "usless talk" (Tarantino has that in everything where the characters just talk about random things, he even did that when he was on Alias), all the blood and bugs and his humor with David and Doc Robbins (love it i was laughing). i liked how he stuck to his word that it would be gory and have a lot of bugs.

i like how someone put that Grissom and Catherine play the parents of CSI while Sara, Nick, Warrick, and Greg are like their kids. it's totally true they are like a big family looking out for each other.

i liked "Grave Danger" a lot but i think that CSI is starting to get away from what it used to be. i am all for character development but i think it's gotten a little out of hand. hopefully next year they'll deal with Nick and possibly deal with Sara a little more. the wirters could have Nick's story be like Sara's where in Viva Las Vegas they had her come back, talk about it a little and then go on with the science. i can't wait for next season to see what will be going on with Nick.

just something i thought was funny... i am a huge fan of the show Alias, i almost love it as much as i love CSI. there was this one ep from this season that Jennifer Garner's character, Sydney, was burried alive. she didn't know where she was and the way that APO (the branch of the CIA that she works for) found her was the lab guy Marshall used this device to find her cell phone frequencies or something like that. the whole time i was watching CSI i was thinking about this ep and going "where's Sydney? where's Marshall? where's APO when you need them?" i kept thinking that if this was Alias Marshall would've found Nick by like the first half hour of the show, but where would the fun have been without seeing everyone looking for Nick and seeing some great emotions.

Posted by Wojo:
You won't believe this one! I started recording CSI last night on my computer (while I watched in another room) and the damn thing restarted 30 mins into it and I lost the first 30 mins or so. Then I ran into my room and popped in a vhs tape and recorded the rest of it or so I thought, I hit play and NOTHING! IT DIDN"T RECORD! Now I can't see it again. Do you feel sorry for me?
No...I fell asleep just over halfway through and didn't wake up till 15 minutes into Without a Trace.

Next time...I'm taping it. :mad:

Re: go TQ!

In case anyone is interested I went to CSI's website at CBS and went to their feedback section and requested an encore presentation of the finale, maybe if enough people do it they will show it again. Worth a try right?
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi/

Posted by Techman:
Posted by Wojo:
You won't believe this one! I started recording CSI last night on my computer (while I watched in another room) and the damn thing restarted 30 mins into it and I lost the first 30 mins or so. Then I ran into my room and popped in a vhs tape and recorded the rest of it or so I thought, I hit play and NOTHING! IT DIDN"T RECORD! Now I can't see it again. Do you feel sorry for me?
No...I fell asleep just over halfway through and didn't wake up till 15 minutes into Without a Trace.

Next time...I'm taping it. :mad:

LoL! I feel for the both of you. I can see if I can get another copy from a friend of mine, its on DVD so its pretty good clarity. (However chances are slim that I can, my friend has a crush on me and gave it to me as a gift......) But I can ask tomorrow ok??

I feel so bad for both of you guys. My family usually watcvhes the Apprentice,but my t.v. was on the fritz and wouldn't record anything. So me and my dad (the only CSI fans in the family) watched CSI and my mom watched the Apprentice finale. I was praising my t.v. all night long.

My Long Babbling

*crashes VCR* Stupid thing didn't record the episode and I NEED to watch it again and again, until I say the lines with the characters.

*sighs* My God, wasn't that just like the awesome-est episode ever...

Okay, I've not read all the posts in this thread, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating any comments somebody else already had said...

Let's see, where do I start... and just a warning, I'm kinda going scene by scene, not precisely by order but oh well, bare with me :D

Country?! Now we see Nick Stokes who grew up in Texas! Never cared much for the genre of music, but with that voice of Nick's... woohoo, I might reconsider :lol: I just loved that scene, cracked me up real good and it was an awesome open scene! The interaction between him and the cop was funny, especially when he's all smirky and chewing gum while the other guy's puking his guts out :lol: Gotta love Nicky!! :D

The way Nicky was taken... let me spell it out for you-----> L.A.M.E... I mean, yeesh, okay, he was far enough from the cop but c'mon, the guy had stripped him of his vest and took away some of his belongings and placed them all neat and perfectly on the floor. What? Does that dude need some glasses to see a guy dragging another? And it was not that dark to mistake him for Nick.

Loved the scene when Nick first regained his consciousness. Clever kidnapper, I was hoping for a struggle between those two, but gotta admit that was smart on the kidnapper's behalf *claps* Take a bow, man!

I have to admit that I kind of freaked out when they came back from the first commercials and started the episode after the theme song, I was like "Ohh c'mon, the guy's MISSING!" But I loved the flashback, and the conversation between Warrick and Nick was awesome... I don't think they had ever spent that much of time talking about something that does not have to do with a case they're working on. It's a special scene for me, because they finally show how really close those two are.

The scene between Greg and Hodges was not that much, but it had a point... more Greggo~! Whee~! No, that's not exactly the point I was talking about, it's rather about the changes Greg had undergone. Just like one the members said earlier about how 'Gross' Greg's new hair looked... the scene was there to show that Greg is Greg, but as much as we miss that lab tech who danced around with Hawaiian shirts on and his hair spiked in every direction, every character has be developed and changed. They're 'supposed' to be people, just like us, and we all change with time. Even hairstyles, even if they're not really that good. I still love him, though~! And the hair is fine!!

Coin flipping? Sweeet... it's not just there because they want Warrick to go through a guilt trip, and to show how unlucky Nicky is.. the poor man... but to also to keep those two in character. I thought it was awesome, since we all know those two sometimes do bet on cases... I just love those two!! *glomps*

Twins killing scene? Okay, so I know they want to show that it's just another day, but I felt bad that nobody was working on their case anymore... well, until Nicky was screaming in the box. Damn the twins, they're dead, but Nick wasn't at that time!!! (not to be insensitive, but it's NICKY!)

Brass yelling at the cop, now that was priceless... I love Brass when he goes PO'd and all, just like I loved him in "Stalker" episode. He's always there when you need him, just like a big, stuffed teddy bear but with real claws *blinks* okay, that was weird *shrugs* But I
felt sorry for the cop T___T and I'm sad that we did not get to see much of Brass in this finale.

Nick waking up in the box.... wow, just wow! It just seemed so real, since he had actually bumped his head twice, because a person needs more time to come back to his senses... and more than one bump. The emotions on his face... awesome, George Eads had done a terrific job!! The scream was blood chilling, and I swear I had shivers race down my body when I heard it. I just had a glimpse of what terror somebody feels when they find themselves trapped in a box like that. I try to deny it, but I'm kinda of claustrophobic, and just thinking about being in his place sends me cowering. The recorded message was evil, just because it was so simple... >.<

When the package arrived... now, that was sweet. I was on the edge of my seat and yelling at the TV "OPEN IT ALREADY~!" I was dying to see Nick, and the song was so damn perfect for the situation. The way Catherine reacted was great, the way she said "he's playing with us" (not sure that's the exact words) was just.. wow. I think she felt more guilty since Nicky is basically one of 'her' guys. Also, the way everyone gathered around Grissom and the screen was awesome, to say the least, it just showed how much the team was anxious to get any leads as to where Nicky (I just almost always type his name like that, dunno why) is. Sarah, with teary eyes and all was great, but I'm disappointed that it was the only scene where she's tearing up. The others were not as emotional as I hoped them to be, but what the heck, it was a heartbreaking scene!! Especially when Nicky started moving around violently... so desperately... T____T

Quick question... I might have been staring at the TV too intently, but I wonder if I actually saw 12mil not 1... I swear to God I was like, “WHAT?!” O____O

Ecklie? Oh, man, Ecklie... I've just seen the rerun of the episode when Nicky sleeps with Kristy and she ends up being killed. Ecklie was so freakin' mean and creepy to Nick in that episode, and I hated him so, oh so, much... now I love that guy, not as much as the other guys, but I'm glad that I've gotten to see that side of him. Just loved the way he tried to console the team and give them all the help they needed... especially that line "I want you to know the lab has only one case tonight same for the department. " (or something like that, I dun have the greatest memory -___-;;;) not to forget how much heat he was willing to take just to gather up that ransom. Ecklie, you rawked man!!

Interaction between Catherine and Sam... incredible. I just loved Catherine in this episode, she was magnificent. The emotions, the teary eyes, her tries to be the leader of a team that was missing one of its own... she was just awesome. And the way she shouted at Grissom (did she? Just making sure it wasn't my hopes interfering) that she did not care where the money came from as long as it saved Nicky, or the lab integrity for the matter.

Parents watching their son on the web cam... dammit it, but the Stokes must be one heckuva tough family. I thought the mother would break down just a second after seeing her son, but she lasted all right. Judge Bill Stokes looked so... I dunno, I mean he's a man and all but he's his father. Show more emotions, I demand!! I don't think I like his comment "What the hell you've gotten yourself into, Pancho?" though it did help to bring up one of the greatest emotional scenes in CSI: Grissom and touching hands with Nick through the glass thingy (not sure what it's exactly made out of, though I read it somewhere.) But later seeing the hallucination and his father in it, it might indicate some issues between those two Stokes males.

Nick singing in the coffin... I already commented on his voice, but damn if that did not bring a tear to my eye.. not make that tears. Although all what George did in this episode was lying down in that box, I believe he had the toughest job because it needs doubled work to show emotions and panic without using a wide range of body movement. George, you were so freakin' awesome, man, and I also agree that you need an Emmy!!

Warrick... oh man, what can I say about this beautiful man? He was so freakin' awesome, I just felt that this episode was also centered on him. I'm really happy that I got to see more of him, I was starting to miss him. The scene where Nick starts chewing the gum then sticking it in his ears (was I the only one rubbing my ears clean at that scene -- eww) and then grabs the gun to shoot the light bulb (not the camera, like some said before -- not trying to be mean or anything >.<) and then Warrick is all "Nicky, what are you doing?" and "Don't!!" I just loved it when he scream "Sonavabi***" before he started laughing in relief when he found out that the man was actually still alive. *claps* Man, I loved that part. The other scene in the warehouse, when he had gone mad for a second only to end up in tears and two-fingers as a gun shoved in his head as he went through that guilt trip... man, seriously Gary D. did a great job. I just loved him last night... more than before, if possible. I just totally loved how the friendship between him and Nicky was presented in the finale. Not to forget the best scene ever for Warrick... "I'm not leaving him!" Man, that brought tears to my eyes... damn, GD, that was awesome!!

Kelly, the daughter, as much as I love to know the motivation behind why criminals do what they do (actually, it's one of top things I look forward to), I just was not satisfied with the story. I'm not saying that her suffering was not horrible, but we dun really know what she has actually done, so you can't go saying that she's suffering from a crime she did not commit. I was more interested in the father, the episode shows you how your actions can, not only affect you, but also other people. The idea of a father gone mad with grief was not that original, but still loved it... I was just hoping they would focus more on the suffering a parent had gone through as he watched his daughter turn into something else, that he could not recognize her anymore. The mentioning of him visiting her one last time showed how much he loved her, wanting to see her just once before he acted out this plan of revenge.

"Being eaten alive"... now, was I the only one that expected at least more emotions coming from Grissom? I know that the writers' were just sticking to the magnificent, complicated character that is Gil Grissom... but I'm not saying that he should break down and cry, just show more panic or fear or something... anything!!! I panicked at that scene, poor Nicky!! And I just loved Sarah when she started to slightly panic as she said "What's going on?" I thought she was about to bolt in any second. Sadly, Archie was totally cool. I like that man, hope to see more of him in the next season.

Greg in the warehouse... now, I do love that man, and I was just amazed that he had stayed calm when Warrick gone and lost his mind for a second. Yeah, I was kinda hoping he would fight Warrick back, but I admired him way much more when he kept himself collected and tried to concentrate on the evidence. I just loved how he seemed to be compassionate in his own way, saying back-handedly that he did not mind Warrick letting off some steam but as long as it did not ruin the evidence to find Nicky. *hugs Greg* Gregory~! You're awesome!!

Oooooh, when they started digging up in the warehouse... I admit that I was: "NO~! Don't find him yet! Not YET!" I know, cruel but I wanted to see more angst. And, c'mon, finding him that easily... I knew the kidnapper wasn't that stupid!! It's not like I thought that was it!! (Yeah, right) But it was great how Catherine went all frustrated when they found out it was only a dog... great job!!

Nicky recording the message was great... I just loved how Grissom picked up everything he was saying, and even if Nicky was not able to hear him, he took the effort to answer back as if he was there. Teary eyes? Heck yeah, I got them!! The struggle with the red ants was awesome, my heart stopped for a moment when he started to cry out in pain when it all started. My poor, poor Nicky... I loved how he handled it though, it is really amazing how he was able to actually think, much less act, in that situation. But Grissom's words of encouragement later on kinda threw me off, and my friends and me were like... "oookay, now that's weird!" Damn if I didn't blast up laughing when we found out he was talking to an ant. Man, Gris, you're indeed the no. 1 bugman!! And dude, if I was in Nick's place, I would've shot myself when the ants started to pour in... but Nicky didn't, and if it shows anything, it shows how much faith and trust Stokes had in his friends.

The hallucination was freaky, because I was upstairs getting refreshments when my friends called me down to the basement, saying it's on once again. I thought he was actually dead... I've stayed pale as a sheet for a couple of minutes before I started cracking up!! Man, that was the best comic relief I've seen... how they were laughing as they opened up Nicky... just the way Stokes seemed to be curious and wondering what's going on at the same time. I would not say it was useless as a scene, because -beside the fact that it made me laugh ‘til tears streamed down my face- it also showed us another piece that made up Nick Stokes. I believe that all CSI's have some sort of fear of finding themselves one day in the place of the victims they see everyday/night. I think the scene just wanted to show the fear that was coursing through Nick at that time... at least that's my opinion.

*sighs* The race and the searching... I loved the fact that Catherine was the one to find him, because it made her be that mother, who lost a child, and trying her best to get to him. Her on her knees and shouting down that pipe... priceless!!! And not to forget then how everybody was running like crazy to get to where Nicky was buried… man, the tension. The tension was so thick when Warrick's watch beeped as the countdown was done, man, just the way Warrick was tearing through that ground!! Awesome!! And Nicky aiming the gun at himself, preferring that death to suffocating... terrifying!! I just loved Warrick as he shouted at him to "Put it down!" OMG, this and the following scenes were the greatest in the whole CSI show... George did an awesome job of looking and sounding like a desperate man, who finally saw light at the end of the long tunnel of the suffering. Crap, me got teary eyes right now.. T______T

But that was not enough; they had to raise the tension even further as Hodges informed Catherine about the explosives. Man, the look on Nick's face when Warrick reluctantly stepped away and his pleadings was so freakin' heart wrenching. I wanted to hug him and never let him go, but what Grissom did made all that up to me. Man, o-man, now that scene was one of the greatest emotional scenes in the episode (since they are many.. at least for me)... and it makes it even more greater than Grissom was the one to be performing the act. Putting hands on that stupid barrier was awesome, was really and I mean really awesome!! The Pancho comment was so incredible and the way it calmed Nick right up was... *sniffs* awesome (seems to be my fav. word these days) And the ambulance passengers made perfect sense, I know that lotta people thought Grissom should've been in that vehicle along with Warrick, but the scene was there to show you how wrong it was that the team was divided. And, heck, if he was there, we would've missed the great quote... "I want my guys back." I was screaming at Ecklie to say something, but it left more effect that way... silence.

Last scene... blah!! I know, I know, Nicky's not the only victim here and it would be a cliché to see him in the hospital with his loving parents and friends smothering him... but c'mon, I was hopeful that I would get a glimpse of Nick in a hospital bed after I've seen that the next scene was going to be during the day... I didn't care if it was going to be cliché or not!! *pouts* I was looking forward to that... I just was not happy with the ending; it would have been cool for another episode but not this finale. I did like the way Nicky teared up as he tried to convince her to pick up the speaker, but it wasn't enough *sighs* oh well...

*hands out aspirin/Tylenol* I'm sorry for the headache you guys are suffering from... I just hope you found some of this helpful, and by some I mean the people who did not get the chance to watch the episode yet and dying to know what happened. And, hey, this post counts for ten!! I should've posted it in parts... hehe :D

And yep, people already told me I babble a lot… :lol:

Later~!
-----------------
Grissom (to Nick): Pancho! Put your hand against mine!
Grissom: Pancho! Say "I promise".
Nick: I Promise...

Back