"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: go TQ!

When Catherine finds Gregg's loction at the nursery, she sees the vent pipes and kneels down and digs a little bit and picks up a cell phone with a wire attatched which goes down to the video camera in the coffin. She then yells out, "He's here!" There's no way that battery lasted over 12 hours, period.

That wasn't a cellphone. It was a wireless LAN hookup.

Although you're probably right about the battery technology, unless it was hooked somehow to the car battery powering the fan.

jma

Besides, anything that transmits can be traced, triangulated, and traced.

It was a wireless LAN connection, which you'd have to trace through the IP address. Archie said it was routed around several different (anonymous) servers, it only stayed up for two minutes, and when it came back up, the IP was changed. It might not be impossible to track, but it would be dang difficult.

Besides, if it was that easy, the ep would have been over in about 15 minutes. :rolleyes:

jma

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

Hello,fellow CSI groupies! I am a new member,just had to get on here and post about the final episode. *WOW* It was truly an amazing and emotional ride! I loved every minute of it! I wouldn't change any part of it,especially the ending! THANK GOD NICK LIVED!! I also have a question. Does anyone know the name/singer of the song Nick was singing?
And GO Greg,love the new look!! :)
Tina

All I can say is Oh My God and WOW! I think this had to be the most awsome episode I have ever seen. Koodos to everyone.. Keep up the excellent work.. I LOVE CSI!

Myrna :D

5. I wonder what Nick said to Grissom when he was talking into the tape recorder - they cut to Grissom watching him, reading his lips, and saying "You never did, Nicky."

I'm guessing Nick said: "Sorry i failed you" or something along those line.

What Nicky said was " I never meant to disappoint you"

Did anyone else notice at the beginning with Greg and Hodges playing the Dukes game that Hodges commented to the same effect as Sophia did before?? Hodges, as much as he would hate to admit it, really cares for the people of the lab. He as much as everyone else misses the old crazy Greg. I've loved Hodges from the beginning and this only makes him an even better character. :D

I'll be rewatching the episode when I get home from school and I'll probably have more then...

Posted by Wojo:
I was kinda annoyed at Warrick for yelling at him, I don't agree with those who said he was emotionless, that scene with Warrick was very emotional on Greg's part.

I agree too...I know Warrick was emotionally distraught over the situation, especially since it could have been him in there, but Greg found the trigger of the bomb..something that was important in finding Nick. And just because Greg wasn't outwardly emotional as Warrick, I know a lot of people who keep their emotions to themselves b/c they don't want to lash out at people for fear of saying something that will hurt someone.

When someone is in a stressful situation or his life is threatened, people can act irrationally and take it out at other people. Remember the episode where this guy died on a plane and it turned out that some passengers beat him to death b/c they felt that their lives were in danger? I think Warrick felt guilty in some ways for what was happening to Nick and had compassion for the pain that Nick was going through (it could have been him instead of Nick...it was pure chance that Nick was at that particular crime scene...). Not only was Warrick acting on scientific analysis, he was going with his emotions too. I feel that Greg was trying to keep the emotions in line with processing the crime scene in order to be able to logically reason where Nick might be.

Emotions can be one's best friend or worst enemy. Do you remember a time when you got so emotional over something that it was hard to think clearly? This is what Warrick was going through.

I think that all the characters were upset about Nick's situation, but had different and unique ways of expressing it. The writers probably did this in order to appeal to an audience where different people are able to have a different connection to the characters. For instance, someone may have been able to relate to Warrick, whereas another person might have understood and related better to Grissom.

Just a thought or two or three or . . . :)

Great episode!!! :D

Well done, well done!! That show was awesome!!! I was on the edge of my seat all night! It was very intense!!

Way to go George!!! My hats off to you!! He deserves an award! He really was excellant portraying all the emotions and crying!! As usual, he did a superior job!! :D

And of course, you just have to read my name to know what I am going to say next. I just loved Grissom!!!!!! He was so awesome!!! I loved when he said "where is my guy?" He had so much emotion in his face! And the part where he wanted the ant to cross in front of the camera, and the bugman figured the proximity of where the ants where---pure Griss!! Of course the whole ending with him calling Nicky poncho, and putting his hand on Nicky's hand-----well the tears were really rolling then---such compassion from Griss!! I just wanted to hug them both!!!!! Besides, cheering when Nicky got out, I screamed yea, when Grissom said I want my guys back!!! Wooooohoooo!! Lets hope that happens in season 6!!

Every one was great! Warrick was awesome! A lot of feelings poured out of him. But you always knew they were real close.

Ok, so I am sneaking in at work....

I said in my original post last night and I'll say again......

GREG SHOWED PLENTY OF EMOTION!!!!!!

They all did..............

I agree! They all did a wonderful job acting! For everyone who thought Sara didn't show any emotion, I will remind you of the scene where she just watched the drinking fountain run. She had to be in some adrenelin-induced shock there. Besides, I think all of them knew that the only way to save Nick was to focus on their work.

As far as them sitting around watching the screen, at least 16 hours had passed on the case. They had times while waiting for results or information that they'd probably want to spend with Nick.

My frustrated moment was while they were driving to the nursery. Break a few speed limits already!

It was an awesome episode. Some stuff didn't work for me, but I loved the acting and spent 2 hours on the edge of my seat, biting my nails. What more do I want from a show?

(And I still have Nick to look forward to next season. :))

I have to say that this was the best episode ever. Before this, my faves were Viva Las Vegas, Down the Drain, No Humans Involved, Who Shot Sherlock? King Baby, and Compulsion this episode really did change my perspective on the show.

*time to go make screencaps*

OK, I am calm enough finally to say something. LOL.

Bits and pieces, and I can't really add much to what already been said here.

Grissom: I think it was about as emotional as we have seen him, barring the dead baby case of Season 1. His emotions are internalized, but his eyes say plenty!

Catherine: It could not have been easy to swallow the pride and the resentment and go ask Sam for money. And I love how relentless she was throughout. And thought tears!

Warrick: This is flat out his best work to date! He ran the entire gamut of emotions: from fear, to guilt, to despair, to relief, to almost losing it completely. Amazing.

Sara: Now, it has to be said that I don't like the girl. Usually I sort of mentally fast-forward through her moments. Not last night, though. The few shots of her face that we had seen were remarkable. The tears in her eyes, the edge she was on for the most time - it all came through loud and clear. One of the most telling moments of the episode for me was Sara standing at the drinking fountain, button press, but so lost, she forgot to drink.

Greg: I was struck how mature he was. I don't think he was emotionless at all. I think he was holding it together by trying to do something, trying to find a solution.

Hodges: I liked the guy from the start. He was always so deliciously self-serving. And in this ep, he just made me laugh and cry.

Ecklie: Again, always knew he had a heart, but to hear him throw every political consideration aside and just concentrate on helping was truly gratifying.

Brass: The guy is just cool. 'Nuff said.

Archie! I loved it that he was there. It's been way too long.

Nick's parents: I thought the casting and the characterization - what little were was - was excellent. The collected, efficient, capable father, who has gotten far in life by being that way, and who is all hell-bent on action. Doing something is his way of coping. And then, as a contrast, the mother, who is holding on to the last thread of control, snapping at people, unable to watch, unable to stand it. . . . It had an emotional truth to it. Sigh.

And last, but, of course, not least: Nicky. I could go on and rhapsodize about GE's performance, but I would just be repeating everything that was already said. What I want to mention is how struck I was with the honesty of that performance. It was unpretty, unflattering, and so horrifyingly real. I truly saw a man who was beyond acting cool, beyond trying to impress, trying to survive, trying to stay off panic and despair. . . . I was blown away.

Favorite lines:

Hodges: You really need to have a full "David Hodges" experience.
Greg: I think I'm having it now.

Nick: No, you are playing the scientist card. You tell her you are a "copologist." LOL.

Ecklie: I'll take the heat. (Now that was a line I never thought I would hear Ecklie utter!)

Dr. Robbins: He had a good heart. (Sorry, but I was laughing hysterically).

Catherine to Grissom: You sit here like Jack Handy with your deep thoughts and your coffee mug! (That killed me, because so often, when Grissom utters his semi-lame puns - and you can only blame the writers for that - I feel like adding "And now Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy." I was thrilled to find out I wasn't the only one who thought that. LOL.)

Grissom: That's it, Nicky. Stay still. They won't bite . . . as much. (Gah!)

Toni Curtis: What am I, Jack Lemmon? (I fell over laughing!)

Grissom: I want my guys back!

And Nick: In a few years, when you leave here, don't take this with you.

I know a lot of people did not like the ending, but I thought it fit. However unlikable, the girl was a victim, too. And it was so like Nick to not forget her. Sigh.

Jane

Posted by JaneD:

And last, but, of course, not least: Nicky. I could go on and rhapsodize about GE's performance, but I would just be repeating everything that was already said. What I want to mention is how struck I was with the honesty of that performance. It was unpretty, unflattering, and so horrifyingly real. I truly saw a man who was beyond acting cool, beyond trying to impress, trying to survive, trying to stay off panic and despair. . . . I was blown away.

Jane

Amen, Sister!!!!!

You won't believe this one! I started recording CSI last night on my computer (while I watched in another room) and the damn thing restarted 30 mins into it and I lost the first 30 mins or so. Then I ran into my room and popped in a vhs tape and recorded the rest of it or so I thought, I hit play and NOTHING! IT DIDN"T RECORD! Now I can't see it again. Do you feel sorry for me?

Overall, an unbelievable ep! The scene when they realized that Nick was buried was the creepiest thing ever...and that song made it even worse! I didn't like Nicks parents, they were too cold or something and I wasn't thrilled with the ending. But, one of my favorite scenes was when the were about to dig Nick up and Grissom finds out from Hodges that there were explosives at the bottom. Warrick didn't want to leave Nick (Warrick was so great, you can tell he cares about Nicky), but then Grissom says something like 'Do you trust me'? THE best part was when Grissom was calling Nick 'Poncho', and then tells him to put his hand up against the glass, and Grissom puts his up against his...I just about lost it then! Ecklie was actually seemed human in this ep. I just hope he listens to Grissom and gives him his people back next season. I'm glad they included everyone, like Archie, Hodges, and Mia.

Back