"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: what nick said that was muted

I was trying so hard not to shudder when the ants were crawling all over Nick. I have been bitten by ants before and it is not fun. The most ants I have ever been bitten by at one time is at least five. *shudders* I can only imagine what it feels like to be bittne by tons of them all at once. I know it stings and itches like hell. Sorry Gil but, DEATH TO ALL ANTS!!! I hate them! :eek:

My sister actually had an interesting idea about the whole dog in the glass case thing. At first she thought that the dog was buried right on top of Nick's, to throw them off. But then later, when we saw the case at the lab, she revised it. I still thought it was a pretty good theory.

My mother was almost in tears when Nick's parents were there and watching him on the video. It was hard enough that he was buried in a casket then they showed the mother's reaction. We lost my baby brother to SIDs when he was only five months old so this episode was very emotional for all of us. :( If they had killed off Nick, I'm sure we would all be crying.

Posted by Catherine_Willows:
I was trying so hard not to shudder when the ants were crawling all over Nick.

I second that... I don't really hate ants, but I used to be really afraid of 'em as a child. Kinda silly, but I always thought if I stepped on one by mistake, a member of the ant's family would grow bigger and bigger, until they're reallly~~~ really big and then... y'guessed it, they'd step on me :lol:

I don't remember this, but I stepped on a fire ant farm when I was 2...from what my parents told me, I only got bitten a little around the ankles, but I couldn't even begin to imagine the type of pain that Nick went through!

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

ok this is a main spoiler as the whole situation could've never happened! allthough the shows suspense and twists were excellent!
While Nick looks at the incorrect colored evidence bag of the styrafoam cup we haer the cop coughing in the background, but the cop isn't goin gto hear Nick's muffled screams?
And worse than this is the fact the abductor come from behind over the top of Nicks shoulder supposedly with a cloth of ether...uh hi any trained officer or private Gaurd knows to go for his sidearm to fire a alram shot if not actually take out your suspect I'd think a show of this caliber would have tech advisors or at least script Doctors!

I started to cry during this episode especially when the ants were all over him. He was so scared. The part where they showed that he was dead, that was a little too weird for my taste. Can't wait till season six starts.

I watched the finale with a bunch of friends. When they were digging at the coffin and it was the dog we were all like "HES UNDER THE DOG, HES UNDER THE DOG!" but...he...wasnt...we all agreed as soon as the ants came we would shoot ourselves :rolleyes: If you were buried alive in the same circumstances would you shoot yourself?

Posted by Reeble:
I watched the finale with a bunch of friends. When they were digging at the coffin and it was the dog we were all like "HES UNDER THE DOG, HES UNDER THE DOG!" but...he...wasnt...we all agreed as soon as the ants came we would shoot ourselves :rolleyes: If you were buried alive in the same circumstances would you shoot yourself?
I would be very tempted to do so. I'v been bitten by fire ants before and it's not fun! Its very painful and afterwards the iching is almost unbearable! I don't know if I'd be as strong as Nick was.

I'd try to hang on long enough in Nick's situation, but if I was really honest I'd probably only last 5 or 10 minutes, I'm claustrophopic but I'm not as bad as some people are :)

Poor Nicky... he had a very traumatising 24 hours, where's the hugs?

Random thing that I noticed/maybe misheard

When Catherine goes to see Sam and says that she needs mone,
Sam responds:

"Let me guess Margs, the department won't pay the ransom"

Did he actually say Margs? and if so was that a mistake? a random nickname he normally calls her as kind of a shout out to her real name?

thought it was great....it made all the season finale of ny look bad...made all the csi spinoffs look bad...i loved it

Posted by katelemon:
Random thing that I noticed/maybe misheard

When Catherine goes to see Sam and says that she needs mone,
Sam responds:

"Let me guess Margs, the department won't pay the ransom"

Did he actually say Margs? and if so was that a mistake? a random nickname he normally calls her as kind of a shout out to her real name?

I believe its Mugs or something along that line. It's Catherine's pet name, Braun called her that in Season 2...

Sorry I'm so late on the 'post' Grave Danger discussion but I just finished watching the ep now. And maybe this following question has been already asked or/and answered but I really do not have the nerves to read through all the posts BUT what's with the "they will lose one of their own" thing?? No cop died in this ep. Anyone has a clue what was meant?

PEACE

Hee hee, the "lose" thing goes way back to discussions before the finale. As speculated, I'm guessing the "lose one of thier own" meant that Nick was just missing and was "lost" for the episode. Thank goodness no one died.

I have to second that. I was glad no one died as well. First when they pulled Nicky out of the grave I thought something might have happend during that action but then I saw everyone well up and a lot of weight dropped of my shoulders. Nevertheless I have to say that Nicky really seemed fragile in the end (which is understandable). I just hope he'll keep sane after all this...

PEACE

Ok im finally back after being away for about a week.

This episode was such a good episode, it had me crying, cheering, worried, sad, and happy. Seeing poor Nicky suffer was the worst. I felt so bad for the team because all they could do was watch because they had no leads. The whole team took ont he role of Nicks family, Grissom as Nick's dad, Catherine as Nick's mother, Warrick as his brother, Sarah and his sister, Ecklie as the worried uncle...they all had so much emotional involvment.

I was especially suprised at Ecklie and how much he wanted to help and was ready to take on the responsibility if they got in trouble for the money. Every time someone would cry it would get me crying. THis was such a great season finale and I can not wait for the next season. Hopefully they will all be back together. Go Quinton Tarintino!

Back