"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoi

Well, NZ, now you know what we've all been raving about!! Welcome to the party!! :)

Whoo Hoo!! I just pre ordered CSI:GRAVE DANGER (the Tarantino episodes) on DVD!! Yippee! It's released on OCT 10th but mine gets sent out the day before!!!

Please let GE be doing a commentary on it,,,please let GE be doing a commentary on it!!

Sorry,,just got so excited, had to share it with you guys!!!

"Why did Nick call his dad sisko? Is that because his dad never calls him Nick?"

This is only an uneducated guess on my part, and as possibly the oldest CSI fan on this board, I vaguely recall that back in the late 1950's or early 1960's, there used to be a Saturday morning TV western called "The Cisco Kid." I used to watch it with my older brothers, although I don't remember too much else about it other than that the lead character, Cisco, rode a pinto horse and had a sidekick named "Poncho." Since Quentin Tarantino is such a fan of TV and movie nostalgia, I could easily imagine him loving this old half-hour TV show - much like he does the old Roy Rogers Show. Nick's dad would have probably watched the show when he was younger, and may have told Nick about it. That may have been why Nick called his dad "Cisco," and his dad, in turn, called Nick "Poncho."

You might want to Google "Cisco Kid" and see what comes up.

Whoo Hoo!! I just pre ordered CSI:GRAVE DANGER (the Tarantino episodes) on DVD!! Yippee! It's released on OCT 10th but mine gets sent out the day before!!!

Please let GE be doing a commentary on it,,,please let GE be doing a commentary on it!!

Sorry,,just got so excited, had to share it with you guys!!!

Um, where did you pre-order? I've been checking Amazon every few days and there is still nothing there.

I also really hope that Grave Danger is one of the eppys with commentary.

Amazon. Go to the new and future releases section...just keep on scrolling through a ways...I don't remeber how far in it is, quite a way...but it is most definitely there! :D

Hey that would be really cool if George did a commentary for it..I know he's talked about it in magazine interviews but it's not the same.

I haven't seen Grave Danger for a while..I'll have to dig out my tapes

"Why did Nick call his dad sisko? Is that because his dad never calls him Nick?"

This is only an uneducated guess on my part, and as possibly the oldest CSI fan on this board, I vaguely recall that back in the late 1950's or early 1960's, there used to be a Saturday morning TV western called "The Cisco Kid." I used to watch it with my older brothers, although I don't remember too much else about it other than that the lead character, Cisco, rode a pinto horse and had a sidekick named "Poncho." Since Quentin Tarantino is such a fan of TV and movie nostalgia, I could easily imagine him loving this old half-hour TV show - much like he does the old Roy Rogers Show. Nick's dad would have probably watched the show when he was younger, and may have told Nick about it. That may have been why Nick called his dad "Cisco," and his dad, in turn, called Nick "Poncho."

You might want to Google "Cisco Kid" and see what comes up.

O_O sounds like a great explanation to me, thank you so much I never thought about that one!!! I should have known, coming from Tarantino that it would be related to an old TV show ;)

oooh I really love this episode...

Repeating: September 15, 2005
Different time: 9:00-11:00 pm Est on CBS
Air Date: 5/19/05 (THURSDAY)
Time Slot: 8:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: "Grave Danger"

THE CSIs ARE IN A DESPERATE RACE AGAINST TIME TO SAVE A MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM, ON THE EXPLOSIVE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF "CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION," THURSDAY, MAY 19

"Grave Danger"
-- The CSIs are in a desperate race against time to save a member of their team, on the explosive two-hour season finale of CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Thursday, May 19 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Quentin Tarantino (“Pulp Fiction,” “Kill Bill”) directed the episode written by Executive Producers Anthony E. Zuiker, Carol Mendelsohn and Naren Shankar, from a story by Tarantino.

Legendary actors and Las Vegas staples Tony Curtis (“Some Like It Hot”) and Frank Gorshin (“Batman”) make cameo appearances.

After learning that a member of their team has been kidnapped and buried alive, the two CSI teams come together to try to save one of their own.

Additional information about the episode will be revealed immediately after the May 12 episode of CSI -- “Iced” -- during the preview for the following week.

Gil Grissom: William Petersen
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
David Phillips: David Berman
Hodges: Wallace Langham
Mia Dickerson: Aisha Tyler
Conrad Ecklie: Marc Vann
Tony Curtis: Tony Curtis
Frank Gorshin: Frank Gorshin
Walter Gordon: John Saxon
Officer Michaels: Christopher Allen Nelson
Dispatch Cop: Rachel Lillian Goldberg
Archie: Archie Kao
Neil Abraham: Michael Bacall
Dick Sloan: Clark Middleton
Fat Guy: Peter Story
Judge Bill Stokes: Andrew Prine
Jillian Stokes: Lois Chiles
Sam Braun: Scott Wilson
Paramedic: Wayne Wilderson
Kelly Gordon: Aimee Graham
Nursery Employee: Dan Martin
Young Woman: Shannon Hazlet
Showgirl: Kim Cassidy

All I have to say is that is wonderfull that they are reruning it again. Tarantino did the best episode ever seen in; any type of season finale for, any show for this season. It's just a shame that this epidode was not recognized by the emmy's.(It shouldv'e received top honors!) But, heck who in the world needs the emmys to tell us what we already know. I think this is a great predictment of what season six will hopefully be "simply the best."

Hooray for season six and Grave danger a dynamic combination

I cannot wait for this episode.

George Ead's performance was so amazing. He had me on the verge of tears so many times.

So on Thursday night, I'll have a few things ready. The tape for the VCR, the popcorn, and a fresh box of tissues.

I still have this episode saved on my TiVo, but I'm going to watch it when it's on anyway. Actually I'm going to record it again, so I can get the promo, just in case it's different than the one they've been showing.

This was a really good episode, but there were a few things that I just couldn't sit through again. The scene with the fire ants crawling over Nick and stinging him was one. I've been stung before, but never like that, and the memory of poor Nick struggling while they were stinging him is enough to make me want to change the channel when that scene is shown.

The dream sequence where Nick is imagining Doc Robbins and Super Dave performing his autopsy is just dumb. Sometimes Tarantino is right on target, but this was one for the trashcan. I just didn't enjoy that part.

I loved the rest of the episode though, and of course I have to get my Greg kudos in. I thought he looked the best he's ever looked in this episode - lovely hair, intense eyes, and sharp facial features. He looked like he could have been one of the fair elves in The Lord of the Rings movies. (That's meant to be a compliment.) All of the others shined too - especially Nick and Grissom. This episode bears re-watching and taping.

The only part of this episode I absolutely don't like to watch is the scene with Sam Braun talking to Frank Gorshin and Tony Curtis. That part bores me to death, so I just fast forward through it and pretend it never happened. I think I've only watched the episode from start to finish maybe two or three times though, but I always watch shows and movies like that after the first few times I see them.

Back