"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 18, 2005.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

I'm rewatching now to see what I might have missed.

A couple things I want to say though.

I see Eckle in a whole new light now the way he was trying to find ways for the lab to raise money and was willing to take any heat for it.

I managed to keep it together until the end when Grissom said to Ecklie "I want my guys back". I just started tearing up at that point :(

Overall a great ep, IMO.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Actually from what i understand from the interviews Nick wasn't necessairly the prime target any CSI would have done, it was evidence collected and given in court that got the girl put in prison, so the father believed he would hurt them the way she was hurt, and probably him as well.
    Yep he was getting revenge, and nick happen to be the CSI to arrive at the time.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi ya'll I'm new here..That was an amazing episode,I felt so much compassion for Stokes that I almost forgot that its just a show..WOW

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Actually, they weren't after Nick specifically, just the crime lab in general. Remember that Nick and Warrick flipped a coin for the case? That guy had no way of knowing who specifically would be there. Basically he just had a beef with the crime lab for locking up his daughter, and took it out on Nick because Nick was the one to show up at his set-up crime scene.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Totally agree, Greg's hair is F I N E...I was kinda annoyed at Warrick for yelling at him, I don't agree with those who said he was emotionless, that scene with Warrick was very emotional on Greg's part. I think this episode was top-notch and very emotional and exciting.

6. shanniegirl

shanniegirl Dead on Arrival

I agree...this was an AMAZING episode, but I didn't care much for the ending...I wanted to see him in the hospital or talking to his parents or one of the gang afterwards...but overall this episode was...WOW!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Random question I had - if they weren't digging up Nick when they dug up the dog - then why was he hearing things that would suggest that they were digging him up at that time?

And what caused the box/"coffin" to all of a sudden shatter?

8. cygore

cygore Victim

Wow! One of the best CSI episodes ever! I might have to buy the 5th season DVD for this episode.

Though it wasn't perfect. I didn't care for the cowboy lawyer. He just seemed to exist to say, "Look! QT is directing this episode! He's cool."

Still, the pacing was suspensful and well done. The script was very true to the characters. Especially when Grissom tried to get a better view of the ant.

The spliting of the teams almost spolied this season for me. But I'm glad it ended on such a high note. I also hope that the team is reunited next season.

9. KatieHeartsCSI

KatieHeartsCSI Pathologist

The dog part had me there too. They made you think it was him from his reactions. The coffin shattered because of the weight of the dirt and him constantly banging on it.

10. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

Nick was hearing the coffin starting to cave under the weight. He had already kinda weakened the coffin by firing two shots at it and it was only a matter of time before it began to give under the pressure. He wasn't hearing anybody; he was hearing the creaking of the coffin about to crack which is why it did crack right afterward.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for explaining; I guess, then, it was more simple than I would have liked. I agree with others' comments that there were several loose ends. I hate that at the end of a season.

12. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

First Greg's hair looked fine to me. (Liked the "At least I have style to change" line. :lol:)

For a brief moment, I was expecting to see the two of them get into each other's face. A little disappointed that they didn't. I think it would have shown that they were both on the edge.

FM

13. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

Grissom with Nick in the end with the Poncho sequence was great. It did show that Grissom does care about his team. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time!

14. emilyfan

emilyfan Rookie

I don't normally like Grissom. His instant recall of knowledge and lack of emotion he shows at times can drive me crazy. But I noticed a difference in him during the last half hour. I could see the wheels in his head turning, trying to figure out something and was actually routing for him to do so. And I loved Warrick saying put that thing down. They have a good bond and I enjoyed his emotion. The only thing I didn't like was the autopsy scene, until I figured out Nick was hallucinating. I thought it was a good episode.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

You're welcome. Well thing is with this show, where there are loose ends they tend to get tied up later, for instance this wasn't a cliffhanger right? therefore things might get tidied in the beginning of season 6, or through season 6.
    Sometimes Simple and complicated reflect each other, its how we view the reflection that matters. ;)