"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoi

I see where you're coming from but as someone who doesn't really feel anything towards religion I find it hard to agree. I don't think CSI has to focus on spirituality per se as it naturally comes out of the characters and the situations they find themselves in. Me, personally? I believe it would spoil the show if they started to focus on the views of one particular religion.

But an interesting article nonetheless.

BTW Nick did pray whilst in the box...when the cracks started to appear and spread around the box...a lot of people thought he said "Please stop" but in fact he says "Please God".

I don't want to get into a religious debate here, but I will say that I'm an atheist, so I'm kind of glad that they don't deal with religion that much on the show. Maybe Nick doesn't believe in God. I don't think we've seen any evidence on the show to say either way. Or maybe he said some silent prayers.

Sorry to nitpick, but you said he was in the box for 12 hours, but it was really more like 24. It had been 12 hours when Grissom went to make the drop-off, which was in the middle of the day. He was taken at about 11 pm and it was the next night when they found him.

BTW Nick did pray whilst in the box...when the cracks started to appear and spread around the box...a lot of people thought he said "Please stop" but in fact he says "Please God".

I thought he said "Stop, stop, stop, stop. Stop, stop, stop, stop. Oh my God."

It's just an opinion guys..is all..and remember my audience is comprised of Anglicans and I really wanted to talk about CSI from a religous perspective because there are many people at my church who love the show. So when I do my newletter, I like to write things that are current. Heck I even add the Simpson perspective in.

So thanks for the feedback, just makes for interesting conversation.

I thought he said "Stop, stop, stop, stop. Stop, stop, stop, stop. Oh my God."
(Helpless to stop it, Nick watches the glass surrounding him crack.)
NICK: (pleads) Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop.
(The cracking continues.)
NICK: Oh, my God.
Later
(Inside the box, the whirring sound of the fan slowly stops as the battery runs out of juice. Nick hears it and realizes what's happening.)
NICK: (groans softly) Oh, my God. No, no, no, no.

Also want to point out, they don't show their faith or feelings toward it because there are times that science and faith can not go mutually. In reguards to nick and faith, in the ep "Crows Feet" Nick said to the doctor:

DR. TONY MALAGA: Medicine is about hope. And like any good doctor, that's what I sell.
NICK: Medicine is about healing. Hope is about prayer. That should be free.

Reguarding a discussion on Religion and this show, you can open a thread for it specifically in this forum, but let me warn everyone, not everyone will agree, there is heated (disagreeing with the opinion, and attacking the person who has it), meaning if you see an argument getting out of hand back down. Otherwise debating is fine, as long as it is done with maturity and calm.

In reguards to nick and faith, in the ep "Crows Feet" Nick said to the doctor:

DR. TONY MALAGA: Medicine is about hope. And like any good doctor, that's what I sell.
NICK: Medicine is about healing. Hope is about prayer. That should be free.

Ah, I haven't seen that episode.

No problem i just remember thinking at the time, that made perfect sense in truth, the doctor was in it all for the money and Nick shut him up real quick. :D

Sounds good. I can't wait to see the beginning of season five. I haven't seen the first seven episodes.

Yep it was like a verbal butt kick the way he delivered that line, was priceless.

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

midnight tiptoes - I don't have anything to add to this subject, but I just HAD to tell you I clicked on the Bad Baby Names link in your sig and I have been laughing to the point of tears for the last 40 minutes reading that stuff. :lol:

I would have taken this off the board but I am such a newbie I can't even PM yet! Thanks for the hysterical laughter. I needed it because I was getting very aggravated that more and more when I come here I keep getting this "page can not be displayed" message when I try to click on any of the topics. :( (And I love this place so much!)

Anyway - if you are looking for a laugh, I highly recommend midnight tiptoes signature link! Oh and Grave Danger rocked. GE is the man. There, now I've said something somewhat related to the topic at hand. :p

------------------A couple of my favorite entries--------
Q:Thanks 4 yall help! but, yall don't know the meaning 4 the name Krissy cause i like that name 4 a baby! could u help me !

A:Well, I reckon it means "Busty gal from Three's Company what wore them tight shirts. Now shet up and get me a beer!"

Q:What is a nature realated name for a boy? I am pregnant with a boy and I already have four girls. My girls are Summer Skies, Autumn Night, April Shower, and Spring Flower. Please help I am due in November.
Star Light

A: Star Light, star bright, first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, let this lady be a mental patient whose "children" are actually straws she stole from the hospital cafeteria.

re; Destiny's suggestion for thread..

I don't think it's necessary. Everyone's entitled to their beliefs. I just thought it was interesting to put that perspective in. I was more or less thinking about what I would have done in Nick's shoes.

Anyways..can't wait for the new season to start.

Re: MyFutureCSI, i only suggested it because it seemed like a good idea, see pm for more. ;)

Oh, so many coincidences...

Ok I have a question about Grave Danger and apologise if it has already been asked and answered.

Nick, Warrick and Cathering are on the swing shift, Grissom and the others are on the graveyard shift which starts (presumably) eight hours later. So how can Greg, Hodges, Sara and Grissom be well into their work when Nick and Warrick are just getting ready to start their shift?

Swing works from 4-midnight, graveyard works from Midnight-8 am, but there are times when in the middle of a case they may have to stay over to continue to work on it, or if they are short staffed so they borrow a member, also there is the fact that only somethings can be done either in the morning, afternoon or night.

So when would they sleep, alot of places like that have what are called racks, its a room where they have bunk beds that they can go in and quietly get some sleep, if they have to, alot go home for a couple hours.

In the case of Grissom and them it could be that their case had a priority thing going on in which case they had to be there earlier to work on what they needed.

Hope that made sense.

Back