"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 18, 2005.

1. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Revie

I agree with that Falc. I thought the secondary characters excelled in their roles, although I'd love to see more Bobby D.

And Hodges saves the day. You just got promoted from not-quite-lecherous-enough-to-be-fired co-worker dude. Congrats!

2. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Woohoo!! I've always loved the little lab techies, and this was thier time to shine. I agree though tinyspark, we need more of Bobby D. I miss the guy. :(

This episode really shows how close of a family the whole lab is really. Everyone's concerned about Nick, and do everything they can to help out. Except for that evil guy who was talking to Ecklie. He deserves to be punched...

3. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Is there a Bobby D thread I can pounce on? I looked for one but I'm still mastering the search option. :)

*sniffle* They really are like a family, and even old Uncle Ecklie and creepy Cousin Hodges got to lend a hand.

I still can't believe how overly satisfied and not nitpick-prone I am over this episode. It almost makes the hiatus kinda bearable.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

i agree with what most people said.
    i also believe that most people think Nick as weak because he easily gives into his emotions but he is way stronger than anyone, including myself, thought he would be.this is what helped him survive all those hours in the plexiglass coffin.
    he is also smarter than his co-workers give him credit for as shown when he tosses in a tidbit of information in past episodes they joke he has been watching the discovery channel a little too much.there was another i cannot remember right now.

i have always believed that nick has always been capable of being dark so to speak but he also believes there is good in everybody so he has kept it hidden. i agree with others that next season if they don't screw it up, it will show more of this dark side. i also hope he speaks back when they question his smarts. i don't ever remember him questioning anyone's intelligence but i have heard a couple against him in subtle zingers.

the part where he is lying in that coffin,reaching for the others and unable to move got me the most. cause you know he just wanted to get out of there. it showed in his body and the noises he made.that was the most heart wrenching moment for me because he had freedom withbeing unburied with the top open but was still stuck and unable to move.GE did a great acting job showing that and if they don't give him an Emmy for it they are the morons i thought they were.
    i liked it. i just hope they continue on it next season. even if it is him being unable to be in closed in spaces without freaking.
    JMO,though.

5. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

I think she's managed to harden herself so much to deal with prison that she doesn't care about much of anything. When Nick begs her to pick up the phone and is close to losing it, she looks almost sad for a second, but then quickly gets her expression under control. I don't think that she wants to feel because it would probably overwhelm her if it did.

Nick has probably put a little bit of a crack in the shell she's built around herself, and I think she's trying to deal with that.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Agree, agree.

Like someone else said, I expect there's going to be a lot of the other characters having to "battle their own demons" after the event, as well.

Can't wait 'til September. Should be gooood... :)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: what nick said that was muted

I didn't notice Ecklie's look, but then again, I didn't understand Grissom's comment... *must watch episode again!!*

I agree, I like the new look into Ecklie's character that Tarantino gave us.

8. FieldMouse

I don't remember which episode it was that I was watching yesterday, but Warrick and Sara were in a small evidence closet and Sara said it seemed kind off peaceful. All I kept thinking about is what happens next season when Nick has to go into some small enclosed space.

I think it's going to try to play through the pain too. I mean, that's what Nick would do, but there's going to end up being something that seems trivial to us that's going to end up setting him off.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Haha, ditto.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Question: What was that thing with the twins at the beginning? Perhaps my memory is failing me, but what was that all about?

11. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Lol, I actually just made an icon with the look between Grissom and Ecklie. Here's what I'm talking about... Oh yeah.

I think Ecklie can understand where Grissom's coming from. I mean, even he was really concerned about the whole thing. Hopefully he'll come around and see that his decision to split the shifts in the first place didn't have any real value aside from satisfying his own jealousy and contempt towards the graveyard shift.

EDIT: Ah yes, the random twins thingy. It was just a way to pay homage to the "hitting the head with the golf club spatter test" from the first season. It was Grissom's case just before the kidnapping happened. It had no connection whatsoever to the kidnapping.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Cool. I see "the look" now. :D That's a cool icon, too. I wish I could make cool icons like that, but I don't have any semi-decent image software. *grumbles* :p

And yeah... I agree.... Do we know why exactly Ecklie has/had such contempt for the graveyard shift? (My CSI knowledge lacks much of seasons 2 and 3, so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. :? Or not.)

Ah, I remember about the twins now. I saw someone talking about that in another thread, and couldn't remember how that fit into the episode.

13. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Lol, I think Ecklie just hates graveyard shift cuz it's fun. (Plus TPTB needed an antagonist).

Really, I think Eckile was jealous of Grissom's team and how efficient they were. Ecklie plays the politics, that's why he has such a high position while Grissom is still working graveyard. Grissom is way smarter than Ecklie, but he hates politics. It was more of an "I'll do it just because I can" moment for Ecklie in 'Mea Culpa'.

14. WarricksLady

WarricksLady Lab Technician

I also think Ecklie hate the graveyard because they are a "Family" and they have each other backs. I don't think Ecklie has ever experience anything like the bond the orginial graveyard had.

I see Ecklie as being jealous of the respect and love that the orginal team had for each other. We all know that people like Ecklie envy/convent the things they don't have.

15. FieldMouse

I'm sure that Ecklie has always disliked Gil and the nightshift. I agree that there has to be some jealously there. He can play politics, but doesn't look like he knows very well how to be someone's friend.

But now we've seen that he does have a heart, so maybe he'll change a little bit (but I won't hold my breath :))and give in to Gil on this one thing by giving back his guys. Let's hope so!