"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 18, 2005.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

That's an interesting interpretation... I'm leaning more towards him meaning don't take what your father did to me with you I just think it would have been presumptuous and inappropriate for him to tell her to forget her prison experience. I think he just really was being typical Nick and worrying about other people's feelings; he thought maybe she might suffer the twinges of guilt over what her father did to him.

But little did Nick know (or expect) that it was too late for her. And I think her cold little smile at the end cemented that loss of humanity. Again, nice dual-layering on Tarentino's part; not all the victims really make it out alive in the end, even symbolically.

2. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Interesting points you guys make on the "Don't take it with you" quote. I think Nick was more referring to her overall anger. Both from the prison and from her father's actions. She seemed really bitter during the interrogation when she asked "How many [cops]" did her dad get. She just turned stony and cold from her sentence, and I think that's what Nick was referring to.

I don't know how insensitive that was, but I think he's really concerned for her, especially once she gets out. I think he's trying to make sure her hatred of people doesn't get her into more trouble. I think it took a lot of heart to go see her at the prison.

About the smile at the end, I don't really know what it was. A smile because she understands, or a smile because she understands but knows it doesn't matter any more...

3. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

I haven't seen the eppy yet but i've known a lot.......can i ask a question?:..........what happened to the 1,000,000$? :confused: :D, did they blown up too?

4. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Scattered everywhere and covered in blood. Yummy. :lol:

5. ancienttomb

*crying* wa............. what a pity!!!!!!!!!!! that were 1,000,000$!!!!! why couldn't Grissom protect them?...wu...wu... that makes me sad :(

6. lament

lament Captain

And Catherine's left to figure out how to explain it to Dad! :lol:

7. ancienttomb

Never mind, her father is billionaire :D. ..........If they don't need the money, then give me :devil:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, i knew they meant the actress not the character.

9. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

We'll have to split it then. :devil:

It just makes me wonder what Cath had to do to get the money from Sam. We do hear her mutter, "what I had to do to get this..." after it gets blown up.

My mom was in dismay when the kidnapper blew himself up. She was like, "but now he doesn't get the million dollars!" :lol:

10. Lauren93

Lauren93 Witness

that part made me freak out cause grissom, oh my grissom, was so close to also being blown to pieces, it was sad to see him covered in blood :(

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: what nick said that was muted

I hope so!! I didn't even realize that was what Grissom meant by "I want my guys back" until I came here and people were talking about it, but it seems possible, especially with Ecklie's whole "change of heart" thing...

12. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Oh he's definately going to be traumatized...poor guy...i loved this episode, i thought it was one of the best ones i'd ever seen on any of the CSI shows-but i really didnt like the end when Nick went to visit that girl in the prison...it just didn't seem to fit what he'd been through. Anyway, i too hope they explore more of the finale's events in next season.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I think he was referring to not to taking her bitterness towards the people who put her prison with her, and also not to do something like what her dad did (or tried to do anyway). I guess that's kind of the same as what you're saying. I think it was important to the plot and Nick's character that he went to see her, but I think they could've/should've used that scene to tie up some loose ends about the other "side's" perspective and motives, etc.

14. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

The best hint towards that was Ecklie's look towards Grissom after Gris said that. It was an almost pitying look that said, "I can see where you're coming from here." Great portrayal of Ecklie by QT, give the man a chance, sure he's a jerk sometimes, but when it counts, he really comes through.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

<off subject>
    Is the line in your icon intentionally from a Goo Goo Dolls' song (Big Machine, actually), or is it a coincidence? I'm obsessed with the Goos about as much as I'm obsessed with CSI so I just had to ask.
    </off subject>
    <on subject>
    I really hope they bring the team back together. Ecklie's change of heart has given me hope. I've never freaked out so much about an episode than the split (well, until this most recent one)