Grade 'Zoo York'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you... I knew there was just something Sidley about her... <shiver>

*TAlcolyte*

2. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

lol! I was just about to say that! Thats the first thing I thought of.
    I like her so far. I think she'll be better then Aiden. But thats because I never really was a huge Aiden fan (I liked her tho) but I lost most of my respect when she left by choise. Thats always seems to bother me.
    Pretty good ep though.

3. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

This episode was pretty good. I enjoyed the A case better than the B case. I just couldn't get into the B case and I agree, the motive was bad. I thought thecase at the zoo was pretty interesting because shows don't usually use zoos as crime scenes. I agree that maybe the writers should bring back the Venetti family in some capacity again.

I think I'm going to like Lindsay. As mentioned before, she did have a good combination of country girl and mature CSI. She took Danny's ribbing pretty good - she seems like she can hold her own.

4. MedicWarrickLvr

MedicWarrickLvr Coroner

I gave the episode an A+. I loved it. My one gripe is that they didn't even mention Aiden.........what's up with these writers not following up with anything?

However........

1. Pissy Mac! That was freaking great! Took me back to Lt. Dan days.

2. I love Lyndsay!!!!! LOVE HER!

3. Hawkes just gets cuter and funnier and I am loving him!

4. Stella as always totally rocked!

LOVED IT!!! Can't wait for next week!

5. kjoker

kjoker Witness

Lindsay is a good addition. She plays in the Without A Trace season 3 finale and the first episode of season 4.

Yeah not enough Flack...well at least we know he's allergic to cat :)

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't remember seeing Evan before. And when Sid isn't there, I miss him. A lot lol.

Reaction to Lindsay seemed pretty good here...but I suppose it took time for people to really form good opinions. They did seem to go for the DL right off the bat. I didn't notice the GSR similarity in the pig scene until I read it on here for some reason. But it's definately there looking back.

I liked the zoo one, CSI NY and animals, a good combo for me :D The second case was interesting but yes a better motive might've made it a better case.

Bad on not mentioning Aiden after her departure.

I love digging up these old threads and reading what y'all wrote way back when since I wasn't here until more recently hehe.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Wow, pulling up threads from before I joined the site! :lol:

It is interesting to see the inital reaction to Lindsay in light of the fact that some of the people who liked her to begin with changed their minds, and some of the people who didn't like her in this episode ended up being fans later on. Very interesting. I liked her at first, I was excited about Anna being on NY since "Medical Investigation" had gotten cancelled, I thought she'd be a great character...and then things got kind of wonky later on.

Looking back on this episode, with the things we've seen since then, I really shouldn't be surprised. They didn't start with anything original for Lindsay's character, and I don't think they've done anything that wasn't cliche at all so far. I'm crossing my fingers that at least her deep, dark secret *cue horror music* turns out to be something interesting. I quite liked Lindsay initially, this episode in particular being a prime example of that, so I'd like to return to that place (or at least somewhere in the same general vicinity). ;)

It's also quite interesting to look at this Lindsay versus the Lindsay from later on in the season. It's obvious that the writers were still trying to settle her character. Maybe they'll manage that some time soon...

Don't know why, but I'm surprised so many people immediately saw something with Danny/Lindsay. My initial reaction to the scenes was that he was ribbing her because of Aiden, and because she was the new girl. It didn't strike me as flirty...

But ugh, now I'm going to think of Horatio whenever I watch that scene of Mac in the sunglasses. :lol:

8. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

^^^ yeah, I remember watching 'Zoo York' the very first time it aired, and I had heard of Anna before, from seeing her in 'Law and Order' and 'Without a Trace', but, re-watching it tonight felt so weird and different, in a good way. Its nice to kind of know what Lindsay has turned into since this episode, I like it. Like you said, I didnt see any chemistry between Danny/Lindsay - at least not the type that we see now, in this episode its more of the 'you're the new girl and took over Aiden's place' which I think is how alot of Aiden fans felt about her as well, I'll step up and admit that I loved Aiden (and still really enjoy her when I watch season 1) but I really really love Anna, she's grown on me, she has a contagious personality and it reflects in Lindsay.

On a side note, love Flacks hair.. :) Always a hottie...

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yes, Flack never fails to make me swoon. :lol: Season 1 Flack was gorgeous and made me want to ravage him, but season 2 Flack was just amazing, bad ties and all. :lol:

I wasn't a huge fan of Aiden during season 1, but now that I look back, I enjoy her on the show in the same way I enjoy season 1 being different from season 2. Especially early on, the show had a very different feel and vibe to it. Not necessarily better or worse, but good.

At this point in season 2, I was still trying to catch up to the changes that were made. Because they'd sort of advertised the show as having a new look and everything, it seemed so much brighter than the end of season 2, even though the 'lightened up' episodes started about halfway through S1. Maybe it had something to do with the wardrobe changes. *shrug* Add in the character differences and it felt like a totally different show. But I was psyched about seeing new episodes after the hiatus, so I remember being really excited and damn-near grinning the whole time I watched this episode. :lol:

Anna is a sweetheart, I'm sure, and I liked her on "Medical Investigation." I don't hate her on NY or anything, but Lindsay's character just isn't doing it for me. Maybe if the writers tried to portray the character more to Anna's acting strengths or something.

10. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

I like Lindsay alot, I think because I relate to her on a personal level, same kinda country girl in the big city type thing, and yeah, I agreee, they need to write more of Lindsay in a way that allows Anna's talents to shine through - they do now, but I know shes got so much more to offer... I like Lindsay no matter what and I have to say, I really loved her in this episode, kinda fun, I cant remember much of what I was thinking when I first saw the episode, aside from that she was 'the new girl' and I think the whole bit with her in the break room with the coffee and the little chat between her and Stella - its so so true, anyone who's ever been the new kid in a high stress job can relate to that 'I want to go, go, go, and not stop - because that'll make a bad impression' so, I think it was fun, not enough Flack.... he's so yummy, we need more of him!!

There was something about Flack hair in this episode, I cant quite place my finger on it, it wasnt quite Season 1, but it wasnt that established shorter cut w/gel that they had going for him in mid-season 2, hmmm.. I kinda liked it.. ::swoons::

11. Nim

Nim Pathologist

I read "Grade Zoo York" and I thought "what?! a new episode with the same title of S2 episode???" :eek:

I think Zoo York was the first episode of S2 I watched.
    I had also the previous episodes, but I was curious to see the new entry first, Miss Monroe :)

Grade A, because I like the dialogues between Danny and Montana :lol: and when Mac is climbing the rock inside the tiger's cage...that shot of his ass is priceless, LOL :D :D :D

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I can't remember all that much of this episode, but Season 2 comes out on DVD in what, two days? I'll be buying it no matter what I have to sell to get it. Better start looking to see what stores will have it, like Walmart or whatever. I've been waiting impatiently for months for this set because there are so many eps that you all talk about that I saw but don't remember. Screencaps are great but they don't give you the story. I think the one episode I'm most looking forward to seeing is Necrophilia Americana. I just HAVE to see those scenes between Danny and Flack and find out what the shippy hoopla is all about.

13. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

^^^^ mmmmhmmmmm... 'Necrophelia Americana' was a great ep!... I'm in the same boat as you, I missed a HUGE chunk of Season 2 because of my college classes, so, yeah.... they very inconveniently happened to be on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-10:20pm... urgh! So, yeah, cant wait.. TOMMORROW!! the DVD comes out, so yay!!

I gave this epi an 'A' thats for darn sure!

14. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

The episode ran again on Spike last night. I now remember how awesome I thought "the new girl" was - Lindsay clotheslining the perp on teh street was a great moment. She was this woman who could stand her own against the guys and looked like she was on the point of smacking Danny down for his little prank in telling her she should call Mac "sir."

The interaction between them in this episode was completely believable - which is why it is mystifying why the writers decided to turn it into more than a friendship over the course of a season. Compared to this episode, their interactions are forced and not very believable.

Anyway, this was a really good episode - gory without being overwhelming and well-done. A-.

15. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I thought this was an okay episode, but suffered from a lack of Flack <g>
    What was up with that anyway? We got a quick scene of him sneezing on Mac's crime scene and then a voice over as the cops were heading to another scene, and that was about it.