Grade 'Zoo York'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 13, 2005.

1. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I thought that it was a pretty decent episode, except for Stella and Hawkes's case...the case it self was okay, but the motive seemed kind of lame...

I like Lindsay though-she's pretty funny..

Danny: "Dont let him see that ur nervous, he can sense fear!"
    Lindsay: "But the tiger's tranquized--"
    Danny: "i was talking about Mac."

haha that scene had me laughing lol

:lol:

2. jeniks

jeniks Police Officer

Overall I liked it. Stella and Hawkes' case was decent until the end. I wanted a more credible reason...or at least a reaction from the sister upon knowing that even Mommy's arch rival knew killing her wouldn't have mattered as much...or perhaps even Stella saying something about the other girl still being alive at the end comforting Mom. Just a thought. I enjoyed intense Mac with the "there's always something to find" bit. I also found myself really liking Lindsay. I'm not a die hard NY fan so although I liked Aiden, I wasn't attached. Lindsay's spunky...the back and forth with her and Danny should be interesting.

3. Angelica

Angelica Lab Technician

I gave it A-... Mac was awesome, I felt. He actually has emotions! And I tried to like Lindsey... but it's just not working out. She got a little prissy with Danny, and that's not right. And she seems like too much of a kiss-ass to me, too.

But I just don't like how they didn't even mention WHY they brought Lindsey in. I realize Aiden wasn't the most popular CSI, but she did have a fan base, and other people probably wondered why they didn't address it. That's why the ep gets an A- from me.

Angie

4. moonshadow80

moonshadow80 Witness

I liked the episode. It had something to do with a zoo - and I always like that. The half eaten body part was a bit hard to watch though. I liked the mob angle too - after all its New York. The show seems to be getting my interest again. (I kind of lost interest and missed a few episodes towards the end of last season - but saw the finale) I like that Dr Hawkes is now on the field too - he gets to do more things on the show now - he's a good actor. He works well with Mac and Stella too.

I also like the new character Lindsay. She fits in well and its only her first episode - it can only get more comfortable for her. I remember the girl from the show "The Handler" - she is a good actress. She and the guy who plays Dr Hawkes were co-stars doing undercover investigations on that show. They made a good team. I liked that show and was disappointed when CBS cancelled it couple seasons ago. Good to see them reunited on CSI-New York. I thought she and Mac Taylor worked well together too. I liked their interactions - like when Mac was asking if she already got an apartment. I was thinking is he gonna let her stay with him or something? I know they're just showing he's a concerned boss who wants to make sure things are going well - and we get to know more about her too - that she has an uncle she's gonna stay with.

Anyway, I rated the episode A-. Hope this season continue to be interesting. The Nielsen ratings seem to be improving too.

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

NY has been climbing in the ratings every week! :D Zoo York was watched by 15.22 million people, up from 14-something last week and 13-something the week before. Go NY! :D

6. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

thats really amazing news...i personally prefer this season's cases...the cases gets better and more interesting every week...and im starting to like lindsay monroe even more though i was quite sure at first she wouldnt fit into the cast that perfectly..and is it just me or danny likes to steal glances at her? :lol:

7. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

I gave it a B+ but I watched it again today (I always miss things the first time without subtitles) and now I would rate it higher. The NY change is a good one. I love the new style.

The tiger case was great. I hope the mob thing comes back later in the season, that should be something to look forward to. I loved the scene with Danny and Lindsay in the beginning of the episode, where Danny told her to call Mac 'sir' and when she did, Mac look like 'You're calling me what?!' :lol: And I suposed to be a DnA shipper but I liked the first interaction between Danny and Lindsay (I know I won't be safe at a certain place now), I think they work again together next week, so maybe I can than form an oppion if this could be a new good ship. :)

The B case was OK until the end, the motive was so incredible, but I'm not the only one who thinks that. Hawkes was awesome again, he's the most lighten up person in the whole show. I only missed Flack. Where the hell was he?? We had only one cat scene, so allergy could not be the reason?

And I hate spiders, they better not bring them back again, *wrrr* don't like them!

8. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

Heh, I sort of feel the same way..I like Lindsey (suprising for a DnA'er :lol:), I think Danny did too..even though he was being all mean to her ehhe. But I'll see how things go in the next episode..

It's nice to see that more people are watching the show

9. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Danny might have been a little hard on Lindsey at first because, deep down, he has a little resentment that this is the woman replacing Aiden. It just might take a couple of episodes before this comes to light, that's all.

Harper is totally stealing my love on this show. And that's hard to do when you consider he's stealing it from Gary Sinese.

10. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

YAY! I'm so excited that they're doing well this time around!

11. Angelica

Angelica Lab Technician

GO NEW YORK! Yay for good ratings!

Angie

12. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^Yup this show is gaining more fans and I love it! Woot go NY!!!!!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I liked the episode, warmed up really quickly to Anna Belknap too ... until they showed the scene with the dead pig. And made her say that line about bacon. Stealing things from CSI, from classic episodes that every Sara/Grissom shipper holds dear, is just plain wrong.

14. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Decent ep, but the motive for the spider-some people need to let stuff go.

15. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Wait... young callow thing beating a dead pig with her cute older boss - you mean I *wasn't* watching Sara and Grissom?!!

:D