Grade 'Zoo York'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 13, 2005.

1. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Mac pulled a Horatio Caine tonight, and I didn't like that. Not one bit.

2. SkeletonJack

SkeletonJack CSI Level One

Now, now. Not all of us are rabid and unstable.

3. KatieHeartsCSI

KatieHeartsCSI Pathologist

Umm...I like Lindsay. I personally like her from her one time ep on WaT, and I'd rather see Aiden back, but she works for me, and she's cute which is definatly a plus.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Must add to the Lindsay love. She. rocks. I think they did a good mix of naïve "flyover" country girl ("Back home people have this much meat in their basement") and mature CSI. I liked the little advice session with Stella. Although Stella and comfortable shoes don't seem to go together. Hee.

Also -- I really must echo the stomach shirt comments. It was really annoying to have to watch Stella tug the shirt down while questioning psycho mom. Yes, she's skinny -- we get it wardrobe! But bring back classy, professional, sexy Stella clothes, please??

Yes, Mac so shouldn't have done a Caine impression. Yuck. My guess if the mob's involved THE LAST THING YOU SHOULD DO IS TAKE IT PERSONALLY!

Also -- I was really glad that Stella let the "What if your mom liked someone more than you?" comment slide. A slight flinch, but other than that.... Thank you for no anvils. (Unlike a certain child of rape on another series that shall remain nameless....)

5. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

I think I'm gonna like Lindsay. She didn't annoy me like I thought she would from watching the promo. This makes me happy.

Pissy!Mac is good. Mac channeling Horatio is bad. Also, nice butt shot of Mac as he clambered off the ladder. Mm-mmm, good. (Yes, I'm shallow, shut up.)

My, my, Danny, aren't we a territorial bitch? You didn't remember to take your Midol, did you? Ah well, it was still cute.

Hawkes, you're adorable. Marry me. You too, Zack. You both can speak nerdy to me day and night. Yum.

Uh, the whole "It's been 20 years but I'm still holding a grudge" thing was the lamest motive. Ever. Up until that little confession bit I thought the B case was actually quite intriguing. The A case was interesting enough, too. Eh, I give it an A.

Oh, and no mentione of Aiden. Am I surprised? Not really.

6. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Oliska Bensgitay! The fakest tan in New York City.

You know, I used to be so against Hawkes going on the field. But the way they've changed his personality, I like him as a CSI now. He's so bleeping cute. I wanna bleep him.

7. csi_fanatic

csi_fanatic Pathologist

B- I liked it, it was a good epsiode. I agree the question Mac asked Lyndsey was stupid and the fact "flirting" with danny torked me. I DON'T LIKE LYNDSEY!
    kaia

8. Guest

Guest Guest

yeah. im definately foaming. lindsay annoys me.
    and yeah, i can see mac with a pair of ray bans on and a shiny black hummer next eppie. not a good look for him.
    No mention of Aiden? that pisses me off!! uhhh
    Zach? definately cute, but i wants me my chad.
    i dont like Hawkes in the field...it seems awkward.
    So i give this episode a C+. it got marked down because of the fact that aiden was not mentioned. ugh
    Cat

9. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Ha. I wasn't the only one noticing that.

I cringed at every line before the commerical. Bothered me.

10. csi_fanatic

csi_fanatic Pathologist

Mac pulled a Horatio Caine??? describe the scene, please?
    kaia

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

B

The mob case was cool. I liked the way it flowed and the resolution--hey, Mac didn't get his guy! That seemed like a first. Usually that's kind of unsatisfying, but in this case, there's obviously a bigger fish to fry. That's cool.

The B-case resolution was the lamest I've seen in ages. Could it get any more forced and cliche? I think not. :rolleyes:

No mention of Aiden. :( Not surprising, but still, somewhat disappointing. Couldn't we have had a line with Flack asking Danny or Hawkes what happened with Aiden? Or Lindsay asking Stella or Mac about her predecessor?

Lindsay was okay. It's too hard to tell at this point whether she's going to be a good character or not. All I saw in this episode were cliches--eager new CSI, girl from Montana cracking jokes about cows in basements, etc. I'm reserving judgment. She was quick on her feet at least!

Flack! I missed Flack. He was in it for like two seconds.

I miss brooding Danny with all his secrets and problems. He seems just kind of bitchy. Bitten hit the nail on the head with Midol. :lol: I liked the 'sir' joke he played on Lindsay.

Overall, not bad, but the B-story resolution was so lame that it did kind of sour the episode for me. The spiders were cool though!

12. Khanada

Khanada CSI Level Two

I'll take that bet! :lol: It's become a standing joke in the lab now that every Wednesday, I take my dinner break from nine to ten pm because I have (and I quote my colleagues) "A date with Carmine". The "A" story? Really pretty good. I don't watch Miami so as far as I'm concerned, Mac isn't imitating anyone. And if he knocks heads with the mafia, he'd better get Danny to tell him 'wat's wat'. He probably knows the families better than most. The "B" story? Lame. The writers should start pulling fanfiction stories. They have better plots.

Lindsay? You rock.
    Zack? Danny calls you "Einstein". Cute.
    Danny? Playing tricks on the new girl and totally checking her out? Mind on your job, boyo.
    Mac? Don't mess with the mob.
    Flack? Needs more screentime. Seriously.
    Hawkes? Excellent overall. And even tho you're a rookie, you're not the "newest" one anymore. She may have more time in, but you've got NY seniority.
    Stella? Have a chat with wardrobe.
    Aiden? Aiden who?

13. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

I thought tonight's episode was good..I liked the tiger case but I didn't pay much attention to the other case. Heh, I burst out laughing when I heard the zoo curator's name was Felix (name of my cat..I'll have to bring him in here to see if he responds to Danny saying his name)

I think Lindsey's alright.. I'm sure I'll start to like her more as the season progresses. I liked the scene (sir joke) at the beginning with her and Danny..even if it was a tad predictable heh..

Okay so I guess none of the other characters have noticed Aiden's gone yet. I was kind of expecting Danny to say something about her. Maybe in the next one

Mac cracked me up at the end telling that guy to get off his table :lol:

14. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

I gave it an A-

I've only seen the premiere and this episode so far this season (that's all my mom taped while I was away...don't even get me started on Vegas- I've seen nada so far! :(), so I totally need to catch up on Aiden and her leaving.

I liked Lindsay though. She seemed to fit in good with the team...was this the first episode she was in?
    I liked the way she worked/interacted with Danny and Mac. I found their storyline interesting. Some twists, not a straight forward case.

I like Hawkes out in the field. I'm glad they've kept his character pretty much the same- a bit quirky, an encyclopedia of various, odd facts :D

The reason that lady killed the girl I thought was pretty lame. Anyone else think the adopted daughter looked more like the mom that the biological one? I initially thought she was the daughter of the killer, not the blonde lady....sorry, I don't remember any of their character names... :p ...oh well...anywho... :rolleyes:

Side notes: I'm liking Hawkes' replacement and that other new lab guy.
    Seeing Carmine tonight- God I've missed him these past 3 months!! :lol: :D

15. Skippy9474

Skippy9474 Victim

I would like to know it, too!