• Gil and Sarah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gil and Lady Heather

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Gil and strange Transgender woman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Posted by midnight_tiptoes:
Oh, the ammount of angsty!Danny fanfic that's gonne come out of this... "The Tanglewood Boys kidnap Aiden to get back at Danny." 50 bucks that one's gonna come up less than a week from now.

Hee..hee..I confess...I checked ff.net today to see if anything had been posted to follow up this episode! I'm dying to see how the fanfic writers develop this idea.

Posted by sherlock21b:
Hurray--finally some real character development!!!

So Danny's originally from Yonkers? That explains the accent (FYI: Yonkers is regarded by most NYC residents as one of the worst sections of ritzy Westchester). The weird thing though--if the crime was actually committed in Westchester (which isn't NYC), then the NYPD wouldn't have been investigating it.

Well, the Pelham Boys gang member said the sports bar was "outside" of Yonkers, so it could have been just across the border in the Bronx, which would still allow the NYC cops to have jurisdiction.

What bugged me the most was the references to the "New Rochelle Mall." I was giggling everytime it was mentioned. I live in Westchester County and I can assure you I've never heard it called that...it's name is New Roc City. I just found that all very funny.

Posted by gizzi1213:
Well, the Pelham Boys gang member said the sports bar was "outside" of Yonkers, so it could have been just across the border in the Bronx, which would still allow the NYC cops to have jurisdiction.

What bugged me the most was the references to the "New Rochelle Mall." I was giggling everytime it was mentioned. I live in Westchester County and I can assure you I've never heard it called that...it's name is New Roc City. I just found that all very funny.

LOL! Most NYC residents (that I know of) call it New Rochelle. Probably a localism.

And you're right about the "just outside of Yonkers bit." If it happens on the border, things get dicey. I did a ride-a-long with some Bronx cops back when I was in J-School and they used to cross into Westchester on their highway runs.

Loved this episode. So Danny has a secret hidden past, hmmm. What fun. This is my favourite so far. I loved Mac's Marine speech to Sonny.

Posted by obiwan:
I may be wrong but I believe that in Italian, "Messer" is used to address esquires, as in Messer Giovanni Bentivogli, for example. So I would assume that it could also be an Italian surname.

I tried finding it on the online translators and some foreign language dictionaries in the Italian, but could only find it in the German.

That said, Italian and French are both romance languages and Monsieur could translate in Italian as "Messer" (though I would think that would be Maestro). The only problem would be that such a designation would be unlikely for an Italian last name (where surnames were originally designated a profession or point of origin), but apt for a German one (who knows--maybe his father's ancestors were cops :))

One thing's for sure--CBS must have dumped the bio they currently have for him. It has him as being from Brooklyn and with a family in Law Enforcement.

Posted by keiko:
but all this things with the tanglewood boys.. if they were a treath (don't really know how to spell that) to Danny, why is he still in New York? I mean, if I had some unfinished business with guys ike that.. I would Not stay in that city :O

Well, if he or his family is connected anyway, the Tanglewood Boys may not want to tangle with him. The gangs may not be afraid of the cops (and Sonny may claim the old guys are finished), but the mafia has its own brand of justice and hitting somebody who's got connections isn't something you do for the hell of it. Not if you want to be alive at the end of the day.

I am a little curious though why the general consensus on the boards seems to be that IAB or a suspension would be in order. The fact Danny may have belonged to a gang before he joined the force wouldn't be a major issue unless he lied about an arrest record (there are plenty of good cops who didn't start out on the straight and narrow). The only issue would be if he did something shady while carrying a badge. And I just have major trouble picturing that.

That's why I think the major issue for Danny is an embarrassment one. Or, perhaps, that he has relatives who aren't on the up-and-up.

Forget about a 15. I rate this episode about a 22. It was extremely entertaining. Everyone liked DeLuise's performance but I believe one other actor on the show was terrific. The Paul Montenassi character?!! He was amazing. He really made you sympatize for his character. Anyone know who that actor is? Who ever, he is, he is great? I hope to see more of him.

Posted by Skye:
Although, I do think that Danny was an actual member of the Tanglewood boys but I don't really think he totally lied to Mac about being one. From my memory, about the part where Mac says "You should be proud of yourself for making that decision" or something along the lines, and Danny responds " I am, I am," I think Danny meant that he was proud of getting out but he implied that he did it too late. Make sense any?

Lots, actually. It makes me feel worse for him to think that...he's probably worked hard to get where he is and to leave his past behind, and now it seems like it's not enough.

Posted by BittenByTheWolfe:
Ok, so I rewatched the episode...

I definitely gave this episode an A+. For one, Stella did not bother me in the least bit. She seemed...human. It even seemed like she had a bit of a heart, for example, when Mac said "Lucky for us, it happened out here..." she kind of gives him this look like "Uh, this kid being dead is lucky?" Also, she made a point of taking a profile picture of the kid because she didn't want his mother to see all the wounds he had. So Stella? Rock on!

I missed that (I really have to watch this episode again!), but good for Stella! I want to like her more. Strong women rule. A woman can be tough without being a bitch or mean (just like a man can be tough without being a bastard or a total jerk).

What I found interesting was the possible foreshadowing with Danny's comment as he and Aiden process the massage parlor. He mentions that most of those places are owned by the Asian mob and that once the women are hired they can't quit. He uses the word trapped. Again, hmm. Something to think about anyways.

Oooh, good point. Sonny's comment at the end sure sounded ominous, didn't it? Like he thinks he can control Danny. It goes beyond that he's got something on him, otherwise he wouldn't have been so brazen about it, but would have blackmailed Danny privately. That was probably part of the reason for Danny's reaction at the end--he really is trapped. There's no good answer or alternative.

Posted by sherlock21b:
Posted by gizzi1213:

LOL! Most NYC residents (that I know of) call it New Rochelle. Probably a localism.

By New Roc City I was referring specifically to the mall. That is the real name of the mall in New Rochelle.

Posted by sherlock21b:
I am a little curious though why the general consensus on the boards seems to be that IAB or a suspension would be in order. The fact Danny may have belonged to a gang before he joined the force wouldn't be a major issue unless he lied about an arrest record (there are plenty of good cops who didn't start out on the straight and narrow). The only issue would be if he did something shady while carrying a badge. And I just have major trouble picturing that.

It's more an integrity issue for me. The guy basically lied through his teeth to his supervisor. If I were Mac, that wouldn't be the kind of thing I'd just want to let go. If he had been upfront with Mac about being in the gang, I could see Mac being disappointed in him, but I think he would have let it go. After all, whatever wrongdoing Danny was involved in was probably done before he was 18 (I'm assuming he went to college).

But he flat out lied to Mac. It wasn't even that he gave Mac the info on the gang and neglected to mention that he was in it--he lied and said he wasn't. That's pretty bad in my book.

And now there's a gangster implying that knowing Danny could benefit him in some way. That's bad, too.

If I was Mac, I'd be seriously annoyed and wondering whether Danny is cut out to be a CSI. Honesty is a pretty important trait in any environment, but its even moreso in law enforcement. If Danny would lie about being in the gang in the past, might he actually help Sonny? Might he tamper with evidende? Mac can't really afford to take that chance.

Posted by Top41:
It's more an integrity issue for me. The guy basically lied through his teeth to his supervisor.

Well, having re-watched the scenes in question several times, I'm having trouble spotting an outright lie (at most, it was more leading Mac to form an impression that may not have been correct). Danny never said he didn't join, he said "But I knew what those guys were about."

And in the office convo with Mac, the only thing he really admits to is being proud of being a cop.

Actually, looking back on it, I'd say the writers crafted dialogue that carefully walks a tightrope without ever going over.

FYI: Given Danny's age, the odds he went to college are almost 100%. NYC has required an associate's degree or 2 years of military service minimum in order to take the entrance exam fro a while now. NYPD also has pretty good education options for officers. I'd bet they'd require a bachelor's degree for the CSI division.

Posted by sherlock21b:
Well, having re-watched the scenes in question several times, I'm having trouble spotting an outright lie (at most, it was more leading Mac to form an impression that may not have been correct). Danny never said he didn't join, he said "But I knew what those guys were about."

I definitely have to rewatch this episode. I thought he detailed all the stuff that they were into and then said that he didn't want any part of that or wanted to stay away from it. Something like that.

And in the office convo with Mac, the only thing he really admits to is being proud of being a cop.

That's where I feel bad for him...I think he's worked pretty hard to get where he has, and this could undermine all of that. He shouldn't have lied or misled Mac, but it was probably a lie based on insecurity more than anything else. Here's Mac, an honest, honorable former Marine who fought for his country. Danny's probably afraid Mac would see him like Mac saw Sonny: a spoiled little punk who thinks that being part of a gang is a kind of entitlement.

Actually, looking back on it, I'd say the writers crafted dialogue that carefully walks a tightrope without ever going over.

I think they did leave it pretty vague, but I could have sworn that he did tell Mac he didn't join the Tanglewood Boys when they asked him. I gotta rewatch this one--maybe sometime this weekend.

FYI: Given Danny's age, the odds he went to college are almost 100%. NYC has required an associate's degree or 2 years of military service minimum in order to take the entrance exam fro a while now. NYPD also has pretty good education options for officers. I'd bet they'd require a bachelor's degree for the CSI division.

My guess is that if he was in the gang, that's about the time he severed his ties with them. Assuming he went to college at 18, he would have been a juvenile if he did anything illegal with the gang.

Let's hope he was never involved with a murder! It just occured to me that this could go beyond just being in the gang--he could have been part of something pretty bad that they did. I doubt he killed anyone himself, but he could have been there when a beating or robbery went down.

I doubt he killed anyone himself, but he could have been there when a beating or robbery went down.

I wondered about that myself and I will certainly be intrigued to watch how the writers handle it if this is the case.

Posted by BittenByTheWolfe:
I wondered about that myself and I will certainly be intrigued to watch how the writers handle it if this is the case.

The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is that he did something bad. I mean, if he was in the gang but just stood on the corner with them smoking pot...okay, not great for a CSI, but not the worst thing in the world.

But if he was an accessory/witness to/participated in a felony crime? Yeah, that's bad. And Sonny obviously knows exactly what Danny's done...

Back