Grade 'Sweet Sixteen'

Yeah, I noticed that, too (the picture of Claire). Beautiful lady.

Can't believe I forgot to mention how mad My Man Mac got at Quinn the stepfather... "What I wouldn't give for two minutes alone in the interrogation room with you..." :lol: Yeah, and I think Mac really meant it, too.

Claire's absolutely gorgeous.

:lol: You're welcome Fay. There's also a small chance that Lindsay recieved a horse instead as I think there's a breed of those animals with that name. Anyway, high ho silver. Away! Giddyup.

Wow, could you imagine being killed in pigeons? My obiturary would read like this...

Mina S. 1986-2006
Killed by a flock of pigeons. Talk about being in shit.

Kudos to Mac for picking a beautiful wife.
The B case: laughable in most parts. Sad/twisted/disgusting in the end.
The A case: okay. Dead jumper was pointless. Yay! for Flack who knows when other people are right.
Question: I've seen at least three episodes (can't think of the names or plots at the top of my head) where Flack has been sure of one suspect, and the CSI has this 'weird instinct' thing and it proves to be right. WHY? IMO Flack has way more street smarts than the other lab rats put together.
Where was Adam? :( He's my second favorite thing about CSI:NY (behind Flack, of course.)
I loved how Flack thought the racer pigeons was weird.
That shot where Danny and Mac and Flack are timing the bird and there's the shot with the bridge: so freaking digital. Sheesh. We're not blind.

MBGrissom said:
Yeah, I noticed that, too (the picture of Claire). Beautiful lady.

Can't believe I forgot to mention how mad My Man Mac got at Quinn the stepfather... "What I wouldn't give for two minutes alone in the interrogation room with you..." :lol: Yeah, and I think Mac really meant it, too.

I forgot that too....Pissy!Mac rocks! Grrrrrr!

jorja_fan86 said:

Nice ride Lindsay ;)!

I assume Lindsay is in her late 20s, though, so why would her mom be driving a Pinto in he 90s, especially after the great Pinto fiasco? I don't think anybody drove a Pinto past 1979 (unless you were either very poor or very suicidal).

Lindsay getting an old horse to ride to town on? :lol: Funny, I have to say. :p (But good point about why she'd be driving one, midnight...)

Love the obituary, jorja. :lol:

Angry!Mac and Pissy!Flack were hawt, I have to admit. :devil:

I've seen at least three episodes (can't think of the names or plots at the top of my head) where Flack has been sure of one suspect, and the CSI has this 'weird instinct' thing and it proves to be right. WHY? IMO Flack has way more street smarts than the other lab rats put together.
Yeah, that's true. But remember that Danny has done the same thing more than once, I believe, pegging the wrong person for the murder--and then not batting an eyelash when they prove that it was someone else. :rolleyes:

Where was Adam?
Having Adam and giving Hammerback a few witty lines could have made the episode a thousand times better for me. I don't think Adam is in next week's episode either. :(

And yeah, that shot of the bird flying was soooo obviously fake. And too long. It would have been better with something quick so we didn't have to stare at the obvious effects for all that time. :lol:

You made a good point but sadly I have absolutely no idea. Maybe it was cool to drive ghetto cars in Montana during that time period. I wonder if Lindsay secretly still uses it. I can see her entering drag races in the past when she was 18 :lol:. She probably pimped it out Grease style too.

I must be going crazy, because I thought I was watching a repeat at first. The parachute thing, the pigeons, the abused kid, the guilty party in the pigeon case — it seemed so familiar. I even wondered if they were putting updated stuff in a previously shown episode. Anybody remember a similar case on one of the other CSIs?
Loved the Mac-Flack interaction and our brief momemt with Sid, but the eppy was pretty meh. A B at most.
Very sad about the death of the FBI agent. I really liked her.

So this episode was a little on the random side.

But I guess the guy in the parachute was simply collateral? Of all the things to kill you in a place like New York, and it’s because of a bunch of poisoned pigeons drop dead on your chute? Talk about bad luck. I doubt that even made it on the stats. list of crap that’ll kill you in NY. God must hate him.

Now onto the snake at the party. I like how the snake charmer kept it chillin’ in a basket where people were milling about. I could just see some teenager knocking it over and having a loose snake at the party. But boy oh boy, the TPTB’s flippant attempts to keep Anna’s pregnancy as concealed as possible are sometimes just…odd. I have to admit, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone using a snake bite to keep a pregnant actress out of the majority of the episode. I can’t help but think TPTB wrote it in as an easy fix.

For as pissed off as Autumn’s mother was, I have to give her credit for being inventive in her choice of a murder weapon. I personally would have never thought to use my hair – I probably would have opted to try and smash his head against the window. Glad to see she got her money’s worth as least because those extensions went nowhere against a struggling, dying man.

Though I love the continuity they’re showing being Flack and Mac. The situation had obviously left long-term effects and I’m happy to see TPTB doing something about it. I always believed that Flack prided himself on his ability to efficiently do his job, and not only did Mac bring it to question (whether he meant to or not, Flack still took it personally), but he’s also getting crap from the officers at the precinct. What a lose-lose situation there. I enjoyed watching Flack still carry around a bit of animosity towards Mac. He may know it was the right thing to do in the end, but it’s apparently something that won’t be swept under the rug that easily. Not like the situation between Danny and Mac in Season One.

But I would hereby like to tell TPTB that we need more Pissy!Flack and Angry!Mac.

And Pissy!Hawkes didn’t hurt last week either.

And Drama Queen!Danny is always fun.

Hell, just make all the boys PMSing during one episode. We’ll all watch and see who’ll punch who first.

Though I also liked the scenes between Reed and Mac at the end. For being as emotional as a rock at times, I liked seeing Mac attempt to reach out and share what he could of Claire. I guess aside from the beach ball, he also decided to keep pictures of her? But props to him for snagging a gorgeous woman. Lol when they showed Claire’s photo in the end, all I could think was, “Wow, she’s pretty. Way to go, Mac!”

I really do hope that TPTB will explore the dead FBI agent in a future episode. It’ll be pretty random if they don’t, and I think it would make for an interesting storyline.

Other than that, I gave the episode a B.

A-

I liked this one a lot, though I totally called the killers. I figured the mom was guilty almost right away, and the evil abusive stepdad? No doubt. His reasoning was totally lame--he might as well have just said: "I'm eeevvvil! I beat my stepson and kill pidgeon lovers for fun! Bwahahaha!" The pidgeon flight clearing the kid was nonsensical.

What totally made the episode for me was the Mac/Flack conflict. I love it when these two fight! Flack even managed to tear his eyes away from Danny for five seconds to give Mac the stare of death when he told him the evidence was implicating Jesse. But only in that one scene...otherwise, his eyes were glued to Danny. :lol: I like how Mac and Flack fight--Flack is defensive and surly, while Mac is righteous but calm. Very interesting stuff.

Didn't early spoilers indicate Reed was going to be the one implicated in the crime/abused by his stepfather? Glad they didn't go that way. The ending scene was really nice, and to have Reed randomly show up as a suspect this soon after Mac met him would have been too coincidental. This worked out perfectly (though I hope they do get that cheeseburger sometime).

Intrigued by the ending! I hope that we see where that goes....

midnight_tiptoes said:
That mom was awesome! I wanna hang out with her and eliminate the pest that is the American adolescent elite.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I loved her! If someone is going to have a lame motive, at least make them psycho so it's believable. :lol:

Lindsay's Pinto =
rock.gif
. I wonder if her deep dark secret/tragedy is that it burst into flames on her way to Dairy Queen.

I wanted to smack her. Oh, poor Lindsay, you only got a Pinto? Poor baby! Some of us...OMG OMG!--didn't get cars at all for our 16th birthdays and *gasp* had to buy them ourselves when we got our first decent paying jobs! :rolleyes:

I think Lindsay is in her early/mid 30s...she just doesn't look like someone in her 20s.

^I think he just called him Don. I can't see Mac saying Donnie. But I'd have to rewatch...

Back