Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Collateral Damage

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Dissolved

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Seeing Red

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
I gave it an A. I love the show, but as much as I love Danny, they did spend a lot of time on him. I would have liked to see more of the other characters. I hoping for more character development next season.

The first season of CSI:NY was really good. The writters really bought out the characters. There are some questions that the writters need to answer:
The connection between Danny and The Tanglewood boys
Mac and his love life will he get over his wife and get a new love
Dr. Hawkens working in the field will he get to do it
The relationship between Danny and Mac will they mend there relationship
If they answer these questions they will make me really happy and the show will be even better.

I give it an A-, because the first few episodes of the season really were grappling for their own shoes, and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. There are still some parts that need polishing, too.

Then again, their storylines and the way they uphold themselves from the other CSIs in originality is commendable. I love the theme "Everything is Connected" and the cast is fine. I like it also that its a character driven series, so brownie points for that.

All in all, A- isn't bad. It's actually good for a first season.

i gave it an A, i love CSI NY and try not to miss it, but this could be because of Danny. i have to admit would i be so dedicated if danny wasn't in it ?

I gave B. It was good first season, e.g. much better than Miami's season 1, but still it was missing something, first 10 episodes didn't really impress me, but after that it started to go better. Even there was some dull episodes.

A-

Weak start, but a very strong second half, which will get the second season off to a good start. The character developement and inner-team conflict pushes this into A range. I look forward to the second season.

A-

There were a few throwaway episodes near the beginning (Rain and Creatures of the Night stand out as the most dull to me), but it really picked up in the character development department near the end (mostly Danny, but it's better than the beginning of the season).

It definitely helped that TPTB decided to "lighten up" the image of CSI:NY...thought that helped out with the show's flexibility as far as cases went and emphasized the intensity of the episodes that were really supposed to hit the audience in the face.

It definitely helped that TPTB decided to "lighten up" the image of CSI:NY...thought that helped out with the show's flexibility as far as cases went and emphasized the intensity of the episodes that were really supposed to hit the audience in the face.

Although I can see why the producers, writers, etc. wanted the show to have a darker feel/look, the lighter look helped me get into the show more.

I happened to be looking thru screencaps of the last few episodes on Past My Shoulder and I was shocked at just how much the show was lightened from the first few episodes.

Opening at beginning of season
Opening for season finale

Ugh, where'd my post go? :(

Anyway, I voted for B+

Like most of you have said, the first half of the series was a bit slow, the cases are less gripping than say, LV's, and the mood was too serious for the most part. Their cast, however, is the best part. But even that gets minus points from me coz Danny annoys me no end. LOL. Their dynamic is very good though. Looking forward to more Aiden & more Hawkes!

i gave CSI:NY 1st season an A+. the cast of this show is just soo great, no one annoys me to death, they worked well together, and i just like seeing the show set in NY (i have no clue why i live in NJ, i guess just b/c i live by NY i like it). for being the 1st season of a spin off of a popular frachise i thought it did reallie well. if given the chance i think it could become bigger than CSI:Miami b/c the cast and the stories are soo good.

in a way i don't reallie look at the stories as much as i look at the cast, the cast of any kind of show could make or break a show for me.

csi_fanatic[/b, I was admiring your siggy and is it supposed to say that DnA is the strongest bong? did you mean to say strongest bond, perhaps? just checking... :)

Back