Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
If he had talked to Rikki before he called Lindsay it could've looked like he got drunk because she was leaving and then decided to finally turn to Lindsay because his current source of comfort was gone.
But his 'source of comfort' did not disappear because Rikki left, but because Danny told her that it was a bad thing before he found out that she was leaving...so even if Rikki had stayed in NY, he still would've turned to Lindsay.

They would've stopped having sex, but there's no indication they would've ended their emotional connection or stopped comforting each other in other ways. If the scene had the phone call coming after the exchange with Rikki it could seem that Danny wouldn't have turned to Lindsay regardless of Rikki leaving. It could have looked like he ws turning to Lindsay because of Rikki leaving, which is a completely different subtext than what was in the scene that aired.
I never said nor expected that he would suddenly neglect Rikki when she had stayed in NY, but he (going with just the shown scenes) did end the more physical aspect of their relationship and (when the order would've been different) did call Lindsay after that, either drunk, having a headache or just very tired, with another attempt to talk to her and to express how sorry he was and to tell her that he missed her...That could've made it look like he put some distance between him and Rikki because he wanted Lindsay back in his life.

I for one am happy with the way they are now trying to start (?) D/L 2.0 :)(and I didn't even send any kind of mail :p) and if he had called Lindsay before or after his talk with Rikki it would not have made a difference. :cool:

I never said you were one of the people sending mail, and I still think if a change in the scene took place it could've very well been to appease the angry response they got from a small portion of DL fans. The order of the scene could have made a big difference to some of the fans who were angry. We'll never know for sure.

Judging from the response of some of the same people who hated Danny after RND, again I'm not saying you specifically, it appears that Lindsay does, indeed, deserve a lying, cheating bastard. That really doesn't say a lot about a woman who is supposed to be so great.[/quote]I'm sorry, I know you didn't mean me specifically, but I get a little defensive when I get the impression that some think that all D/L fans hate Rikki and believe Danny has cheated when I don't...Perhaps there would've been some who had not quite liked the changed order, but in the end I think the conclusion would've been that Danny chose Lindsay over Rikki...unfortunately we, indeed, will never know for sure, but I am curious about it, so I will try and get some opinions from various D/L fans.

Faylinn said:
Oh, the lulz I would have. :p *wistful sigh* Sheldon scolding Danny for making a mess in the bathroom and Danny whining about the food Sheldon bought because there's nothing good in the fridge...
LOL, I can totally see that...that's just too funny - Imagine Danny's face when he finds the tofu :guffaw:

Is anybody in here from Montana? 'Cause I would like to know how the hell walking in the rain is a Montana thing! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm from Montreal and we got a shitload of snow this year but you don't see me walking around saying "making snowmans is a Montreal thing. You wouldn't understand."
Walking in the rain is a normal thing. Everyone tends to go for a stroll in the rain once in a while so that little comment really annoyed the hell outta me.

Besides that, the show was simply ok. We need Adam. Lots and lots of Adam!!!

I pushed a button and the thing posted without me typing anything. B- from me with indulgence.

I liked Flack in this episode, he was priceless. The scene from the beginning was absolutely marvelous. The other scene I liked was the one with in the interrogation with Danny and Flack behind the window, and the sexy comment, that was really funny. And of course, Flack's face while they interrogated the cheerleader. The guy never disappoints me. :D

The cabbie killer. Don't they realize that they need the BAU to catch the dude? Seriously, this plot could have been a great opportunity for a crossover between NY and Criminal minds. It's still not exciting for me, maybe the only thing that is a bit close to excitement is Reed's passion (which I don't get, since in the past the kid was pretty shy from my perspective). I liked the Mac and Stella scene, it finally shown a warmer Mac, which I was dying to see and not SuperMac.

Hawkes was around, but as usual babbling stuff about science, didn't really listen closely, I was busy ogling him :lol:

Where the hell was Adam? The episode needed some serious AJ work to be saved.

And now, back to the drama that keeps poor innocent souls awake at night wondering if will they ever get back together. The D/L. It was too much from me. Too much. The whole entire episode, all around. And the ending scene was stupid. Really stupid. Danny was drunk, he definitely had one too many, and I think he kind of needed sex. And because of the tank top, I also thought that he would smack Lindsay around a bit if she came over.

I was bored during the episode, initially I wanted to give it a C, but let's say that Mac saved it for me (the first time ever)

Last edited:
I learn more about you every day, origin-nknwn. ;)

I'm 23 and was utterly unimpressed by Danny's 'Hay Lindsay, I got drunk and hacked off my balls for you. Can I crawl across broken glass to regain your favor now plz?'...thing, so the appealing-to-the-18-49-demo with DL obviously isn't totally successful.

Now that I've said it, I'm obsessed with the idea: I'm really thinking Danny and Hawkes need to share an apartment. Danny mentioned that Hawkes was working extra shifts in "Raising Shane", so maybe he was feeling the pinch of his decreased salary as a CSI and has more trouble paying his bills. Best solution: ROOMATE! :D

Oh, the lulz I would have. :p *wistful sigh* Sheldon scolding Danny for making a mess in the bathroom and Danny whining about the food Sheldon bought because there's nothing good in the fridge...

I'm not certain that learning about me is a good thing - I'm almost as screwed up as Danny is, I don't know how to behave myself, and as people like to remind me,I'm crazy to boot. As I say, I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it... :p :lol:

Danny and Sheldon sharing an apartment sounds like a fantastic idea if you ask me. Though Danny and Flack would get my attention too... *whistles*

JoJo222 said:
Is anybody in here from Montana? 'Cause I would like to know how the hell walking in the rain is a Montana thing! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm from Montreal and we got a shitload of snow this year but you don't see me walking around saying "making snowmans is a Montreal thing. You wouldn't understand."
Walking in the rain is a normal thing. Everyone tends to go for a stroll in the rain once in a while so that little comment really annoyed the hell outta me.

I walk in the rain all the time, and I live in the UK. Definitely not an exclusively 'Montana' thing. :scream:

How could I forget about the walking in the rain? Apparently walking in the rain is originated from Montana, US in the last 1800s. At first it was done only in a wheatfield, but in a few years, they realized that the streets are good for that too. It was spread all around th world at an impressive speed, and we forgot its origins. Luckily, Ms. Monroe saves us from forgetting its true origins.

How could I forget about the walking in the rain? Apparently walking in the rain is originated from Montana, US in the last 1800s. At first it was done only in a wheatfield, but in a few years, they realized that the streets are good for that too. It was spread all around th world at an impressive speed, and we forgot its origins. Luckily, Ms. Monroe saves us from forgetting its true origins.

:guffaw:Well said.

dutch_treat said:

I think the conclusion would've been that Danny chose Lindsay over Rikki...
I don't know that the two relationships can be compared. As much as I might have liked the idea of developing Danny/Rikki long-term, logically speaking, we're talking about two completely different animals with D/R and D/L. I don't think Danny not wanting to have sex with Rikki anymore is exactly the same as 'choosing' Lindsay. Making the decision not to have a sexual relationship and making the decision to crawl back--er, I mean, to apologize to Lindsay for his various mistakes--those were not really the same decision. He decided not to have sex with Rikki anymore, but that doesn't mean he had to decide to try to please Lindsay as well. It was two separate decisions. This is Danny we're talking about--he wants people to be happy with him.

I'm not sure I'm making sense, but I'm still getting the 'Lindsay vs Rikki' vibe. Rikki never tried to compete with Lindsay, and I don't think Danny made a choice between them when he wanted to comfort Rikki in the first place--he certainly wasn't trying to replace Lindsay with Rikki when they started sleeping together. It was two separate relationships.

I dunno, I guess I'm just annoyed at the idea that Danny wanting to make a change to his relationship with Rikki and Rikki leaving is being reduced to (to use PA's description, I believe) 'D/L 2.0 is a go. That's a go. D/L 2.0 is launching.' And ultimately, the whole Ruben/Rikki storyline is being reduced to the god-forsaken bump.

roflbot-Nvz8.jpg

(I don't think I should have to specify that my post is in response to more than just one comment, but I guess I should. Disclaimer: This post is not in response to a single person and is not meant to reply to/insult/offend anybody in particular or in general, etc.)

dutch_treat said:

I think the conclusion would've been that Danny chose Lindsay over Rikki...
I don't know that the two relationships can be compared. As much as I might have liked the idea of developing Danny/Rikki long-term, logically speaking, we're talking about two completely different animals with D/R and D/L. I don't think Danny not wanting to have sex with Rikki anymore is exactly the same as 'choosing' Lindsay. Making the decision not to have a sexual relationship and making the decision to crawl back--er, I mean, to apologize to Lindsay for his various mistakes--those were not really the same decision. He decided not to have sex with Rikki anymore, but that doesn't mean he had to decide to try to please Lindsay as well. It was two separate decisions. This is Danny we're talking about--he wants people to be happy with him.

I'm not sure I'm making sense, but I'm still getting the 'Lindsay vs Rikki' vibe. Rikki never tried to compete with Lindsay, and I don't think Danny made a choice between them when he wanted to comfort Rikki in the first place--he certainly wasn't trying to replace Lindsay with Rikki when they started sleeping together. It was two separate relationships.

I dunno, I guess I'm just annoyed at the idea that Danny wanting to make a change to his relationship with Rikki and Rikki leaving is being reduced to (to use PA's description, I believe) 'D/L 2.0 is a go. That's a go. D/L 2.0 is launching.' And ultimately, the whole Ruben/Rikki storyline is being reduced to the god-forsaken bump.

roflbot-Nvz8.jpg

(I don't think I should have to specify that my post is in response to more than just one comment, but I guess I should. Disclaimer: This post is not in response to a single person and is not meant to reply to/insult/offend anybody in particular or in general, etc.)

Exactly. That's the thing that pisses me off the most. It's the, "Yay! The stupid dead brat and his whore of a mom were no match for teh ausum purfiktness that is Mighty Montana and the DL twu wuv," mentality that some - not all but some -people have that makes me nauseous.

Geez, do people read?! I just love that my extreme selective reading/viewing theory is being proven right off the bat.

Faylinn said:

A-f**king-men. Like I said before, what happened between Danny and Rikki is IRRELEVANT to Danny/Lindsay and devolving things into Lindsay VS Rikki is silly and just shows how it's assumed Danny's entire freakin' world is supposed to revolve around Lindsay 24/7.

Uhm. No. It doesn't. Danny is way more three-dimensional than that. This is why I'm so pissed off at TPTB for turning Danny into a flat prop for Lindsay. I give kudos to Carmine for saying it like it is, because Danny being a prop is NOT doing the character any favors whatsoever.

And LOL at that macro, Fay! I think that sums it all up.

ETA: Kimmy, you posted before i submitted. :lol: I take forever to post stuff. :p

The decision to stop having a sexual relationship with Rikki was Danny trying to do what was best for Danny and Rikki. The decision to call Lindsay and try to get her to talk to him was Danny trying to mend fences between Danny and Lindsay.

It's not that everybody feels that it's Lindsay vs Rikki, but there is a definite subset of the fandom that wanted Rikki 'out of the way', so to speak. Whether Danny called Lindsay before or after telling Rikki they shouldn't sleep together anymore, whether those scenes were switched around or not--I don't think Danny made his decisions thinking of who he wanted more, who was better, rolling the dice to pick one of them, etc.

I think he's just trying to do his best to make everybody happy.

Sleeping with Rikki wasn't making them happy. It might alleviate some of their pain temporarily, but Danny's not stupid--he knew in the long run it wasn't going to fix anything. And when she's already said something about it (I think that's what he said, something about what Rikki had told him before), he knows how she feels about it (she clearly thought it was a mistake), and maybe that had something to do with his decision to change things. The sex wasn't the relationship, it was just an ill-decided part of the relationship. Even if Danny's decision to stop the sexual aspect of their relationship was based partly on his desire to patch things up with Lindsay--he and Rikki weren't dating. They were sleeping together, he didn't break up with her. (Much though I might have liked something to come of it, they had sex and obviously cared about each other, but it wasn't dating.) The conversation happened in the doorway--I don't think that's symbolic of him shutting her out or anything. If his first impression of her wanting to come in was that she wanted to have sex, he wanted to make things clear right there, before things went any farther (and she might be hurt if she came on to him in the apartment and he physically pushed her away). And she cut him off and gave him the news that she was leaving rather than say 'Ok, I understand, I just came to talk, can I come in?' I'm sure he would have let her come inside, it's not like he's banishing her from his apartment. I think she just wanted to get it over with and say goodbye without drawing it out and hurting them both any more than necessary to do it.

Lindsay's been acting awkwardly around Danny--could she really get over him and not let it put a strain on their working relationship? Could she really let it go and move on? Probably not. Moreover, Danny wants everybody to be happy with him, and Lindsay clearly isn't. So how can he fix it? She doesn't want to just hang out and be friends, just working together clearly isn't working--hey, let's hook up again, then you'll be happy with me. And for all that she hung up without saying she'd go to see him, her expression said enough: yeah, Danny, you figured out what it's going to take to make Lindsay happy.

Last edited:
And for all that she hung up without saying she'd go to see him, her expression said enough: yeah, Danny, you figured out what it's going to take to make Lindsay happy.

To add to that, I don't think she was hurredly seeking transportation because she suddenly realized she really didn't like walking in the rain. I have no canon proof, but I speculate she was trying to find a way to Danny's apartment, which to me indicates as long as Danny eventually comes around to her way of thinking, everything is right in Lindsay's world despite anything she's said/thought to the contrary when Danny wasn't behaving himself like a good, little, blindly devoted boyfriend.

wow!!! so much reed hate. i guess i'm the only one on this thread who likes the character and understood where he was coming from. i just really think he's desperate to prove himself and that he wants a story because he has these grand notions of helping catch the bad guy. i honestly think that if he and mac had not had the argument (which by the way, i agree reed deserved) he would have said something about the text...but right then he felt that he had to prove he could solve the case. he's just thinking he's meeting a source; how is he supposed to know that it's a trap? and as far as getting in to the cab goes, i kinda get that too. if you've been standing in the rain for god knows how long and the subway is closed, would you want to walk? besides, there are lots of cabs in NYC, what were the odds that THAT ONE was the cabbie killer? reed probably thought that it would never happen to him. and for lindsay (who is a little older and wiser than reed and knows more about the case) to be considering taking a cab at that exact moment, kind of makes reed's choice a little more valid. i'm not saying that they were smart choices, cause they totally weren't but they made sense to me and hindsight is always 20/20. kyle gallner's performance really sold me on reed's motiviations. i was with that character throughout the entire episode. okay, that rant's over....sorry i just really like the character and the actor. time for me to duck all the barbs that are about to come my way :)

i loved all the danny/flack scenes - every scene with them popped. i actually had to pause my dvr at the expressions of sheer dumbfoundness on their face when the cheerleader did her eat a sandwich cheer :guffaw:

i can't wait for next week. angry/vengeful mac = SEXY!!! :drool: i would have given this epp an A++++ if the thing had allowed me to vote (grrr) ; it set up next week really well....i have never been so excited for a new ep to come

i loved all the danny/flack scenes - every scene with them popped. i actually had to pause my dvr at the expressions of sheer dumbfoundness on their face when the cheerleader did her eat a sandwich cheer :guffaw:

sorry that should be eat a SALAD...that will teach me to proofread :eek:

:lol: EAT A SAMMICH! [/random dork]

I like Reed, I just don't like his attitude. I think Kyle Gallner does a good job, I just wish Reed would smarten up and not keep pushing it, particularly with Mac--trying to use their personal relationship for professional gain and then being upset when Mac doesn't play along, etc.

As I said before, I'm hoping this is a way for him to grow as a character and we'll see the results of that growth next week (or next season if they're mean :p)--otherwise, turning a likable character into an annoying one is just a waste.

:lol: EAT A SAMMICH! [/random dork]

I like Reed, I just don't like his attitude. I think Kyle Gallner does a good job, I just wish Reed would smarten up and not keep pushing it, particularly with Mac--trying to use their personal relationship for professional gain and then being upset when Mac doesn't play along, etc.

As I said before, I'm hoping this is a way for him to grow as a character and we'll see the results of that growth next week (or next season if they're mean :p)--otherwise, turning a likable character into an annoying one is just a waste.

Agreed. I don't think anybody hates Reed, it's just the way he's been acting these last few episodes has been irritating. The one thing most everybody has said about Reed since he was first introduced is that it's nice to have a CSI kid that isn't an obnoxious pain in the ass like Lindsey and Ray Jr. It would be a shame if that's what he turns into.:(

Back